Search results for query: *

1. SP Fantasy [WB] A Game of Thrones

gah thank you! no wonder i couldn't find the download link for where i downloaded it :smile: i don't suppose you could help me in the correct thread when i post? :grin: thank you!

EDIT:
    Oh dear, the mod thread i was talking about has been moved into this one. IE not clash of kings. Any ideas why kings are becoming my vassal? is it always this way? I have both mods but i prefer ASOIF to Clash of kings i think :smile:
  2. SP Fantasy [WB] A Game of Thrones

Hey guys!Loving the mod.

Really enjoyed everything until i became a vassal of Robb, then he became a vassal of mine and I started a new kingdom. Any ideas why this is the case? is it just Robb that this happens with? I really don't want my own kingdom yet, just want to tool around hunting Lannisters :smile: because their armour is so pretty! 
  3. Thrown javelins/spears vs. shields

It's a fair comment to remember the archetypal Shields the Romans would have been throwing down at. I think of round shields, probably used by some barbarians :grin:

The round shields were most likely held in a boss grip. Which means all the weight of the shield and the pilums was held in the man's hand, like we would hold the handle of a mug.

The shields in the pictures are kite shields and are strapped to the arm. From experience you can hold a kite shield for longer because the weight of your shield is spread along the arm to the elbow rather than the wrist. Especially if you have some heavy pilums in it.

Plus I don't think those javelins would be difficult to knock off the face of the shield. Which is something really not in the game engine :grin: I don't think anyone would run around with ten or more lodged in the sheild, as you would knock them out. Unless the javelines have gone right through which would damage the shield so much it would be useless in combat the moment it is hit.

4. [S]1257 AD (improved) - old discussions

Okay, i went to London into the castle and all of the ladies are in their underwear! Henry III was a sly dog it seems :grin: he is also wearing his great helm indoors, which is a little strange, as people really would not have done that!

Edit- I think there was two Stirlings, but it is a triffle confusing
  5. [S]1257 AD (improved) - old discussions

Got a bug, or at least somehting that shouldn't be there.

When you create a character you cannot progress beyond killing two looters. There is no way out of the area, you cannot push tab to eave, and no NPC comes either.
    also i get a warning saying something a long the lines of "Warning unable to find material lamella_armour_a.lod"

Sorry if it has allready been mentioned

Started the quick start, and is looking good.

One problem is that you have got Liverpool on the border between Wales and England, half way down the border, it should be much more north than that, nearr Beesten castle. Perhaps Chester would have been a better choice of town as that was a major seat of power?

Jim
Back
Top Bottom