Search results for query: *

1. SP Musket Era [WFaS] English Civil War

Great mod, here are some bugs I've run into.

The armour Scottish Lowland Horsemen wear has shiny sleeves.
    George Swetnam doesn't have a "we need to go our separate ways for a while" dialogue option.
    While a member of the Scots Covenanters, I helped a one of our supply trains that was under attack by around eight Irish forager/scouts parties, and one Royalist scouts party.  In battle, my two cannons were on the enemy side.
  2. Are you kidding me?

I just had this happen to me.  I'm a lord for Mierce, and we're constantly at war with nearly everyone.  Tomtun is besieged all the time, and I'm the only one trying to protect it.  I usually have ~350 men in it, and had around 260 because I had used them to fight off around 2000 enemies in multiple sieges.

pOJN2vT.jpg

I leave to go get replacement troops, and when I come back this guy has taken a third of the garrison, and all the elites.  I'm the only one capturing anything and now I've got a big setback.
  3. Warband & ATI/AMD Drivers

I've got the same issue with 14.12 drivers.  Also after loading a big module the UI, trees, water, and some city icons will be invisible on the world map until I load another scene.  I don't know if it's related, but in Native and Native only, all of the grassland on the world map in Calradia is snow.  Tried verifying files and redownloading, no luck.
  4. Bug Reports and Suggestions

Alright, about the stuttering in tournaments, I have it in normal battles, too.  It doesn't happen in custom battles, and it didn't happen in the pre-release version.  Something script related?

Swords don't make any sounds when you swing.

Basic Gashajin musketeers have the melee common musket instead of ranged.

If you refuse to hire a boat and exit the dialogue, your party continues moving and the dialogue pops up again immediately.  Also, the prices can be a bit cruel.  The Marshall wanted everyone to gather on an island, and it would have cost me 6000 to get to him with my 50 man mercenary party.
  5. Bug Reports and Suggestions

I've got performance issues in the arena, too.  Every few seconds it stutters.  Doesn't seem to happen in normal battles.

I joined a siege defense at Kasthind and the defenders all spawned outside the city scene.

Pistols are also held like rifles when you crouch.

I don't know if it's intentional, but tier 2 Kasthind infantry don't have shoes.
  6. SP Native Musket Era [WB] Calradia Imperial Age: Napoleonic Era Inspired M&B! BETA 3.1 OUT PAGE 31

Parties traveling from north to south get stuck on this ridge.

C9MXBrC.jpg

Also, the sword sister line still has crossbows and shields.
  7. Bug Reporting HQ

Agonic recruits don't always have shoes.

Agonic crossbowmen with voulges will not use their crossbows.  I would guess that this has to do with the script you mentioned that forces troops with polearms to use them.

Troops get stuck at the top of the left ladder at Drachenburg castle.
  8. Ideas & Suggestions

I feel like the amount of prestige required to reach higher ranks should be increased, or that you should receive less prestige from buying expensive property.  Once I got a decent source of income I flew through the noble ranks and became Archduke.  Also, maybe rents from property in enemy cities should be confiscated so you have to put more thought into where you buy houses.

I also wish lords would change their troop culture when they defect.  You've given all the factions such great visual styles, so it's a disappointment late game when every large battle becomes a mess with soldiers from every faction on both sides.
  9. Bug Reporting HQ

Quintillius said:
    I was given a village with 250 men.  I got a message a week or so later that the plague had killed 5 of them.  When I checked again, there were only around 80 villagers.  I had over half the villagers assigned to farming and taxes were set to very low, so they shouldn't have left from that.  Another message said 3 died from plague, but I had lost around 15 or so.
    You cannot have more villagers than 80. Where did you read your village has 250!?
    And you will indeed need to assign 50% farmers, welcome to the Middle Ages.
    Don't forget growth plays a role too. If you have too little farmers, you will face lower population levels.
    Well I certainly feel better about "only" having 80 villagers then, but it definitely started at 250.  I specifically remember earning 12500 gold from the first week of very low taxes, 50 times 250.

I've also come across a few other small bugs and issues.

The big cathedral in the main part of Praven is missing textures.
    http://i.imgur.com/9i2Bs2l.jpg

I found "fine fine silk" at a goods merchant.

In the jungle near Santiagon, there's a chest that's just outside the border of the map.
    http://i.imgur.com/NpIRrzE.jpg

I found a tree floating above the large building in the Fernandina jungle.
    http://i.imgur.com/oA8mOiu.jpg

Also, the wandering enemies in jungles can spawn with bows, but they always stand still, sometimes quickly equipping and unequipping them.  They only ever fire if I walk farther away from them.

I've seen some soldiers that seem to sit too low on their horses, like the guy with the steel shield here.  His upper legs are inside the horse.
    http://i.imgur.com/A1i9pfN.jpg

Anyways, great work on the mod and quick responses and updates.
  10. Bug Reporting HQ

Sometimes when crossing bridges or getting too close to rivers you'll get the welcome to Zendar message, and also sometimes when leaving islands in the new world.

Not really a bug, but none of the new pieces of body armor provide any leg protection and don't have strength requirements.  A lot of the new armor also doesn't seem to appear as loot.

Looters have pretty nice helmets, 50+ armor.

I was able to gather silver ore in the island cave by using regular weapons, and the counter showing how many of the total pieces you've found didn't work, it would always say 1/10.

I was given a village with 250 men.  I got a message a week or so later that the plague had killed 5 of them.  When I checked again, there were only around 80 villagers.  I had over half the villagers assigned to farming and taxes were set to very low, so they shouldn't have left from that.  Another message said 3 died from plague, but I had lost around 15 or so.
  11. Pseudo Canada Name Debate thread (NAME POLL UP!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_of_Canada#Other_proposed_names

Some of these might be cool.  Borealia, New Albion, Ursalia, Vesperia.  "Dominion" should definitely be in the name.
  12. The Gulag: Bug Reports

Balion troops have a number of small issues.

Recruits have pistols, but no ammunition
    Snipers can "upgrade" into sergeants
    Neither cavalry types are guaranteed a horse
    Soldiers, sergeants, and lieutenants have no melee weapons
    Lieutenants and sergeants should probably have their names swapped
  13. Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

quixotecoyote said:
    Articulo34 said:
    Bandits seem to get all cuddly if you improve relations with them without getting positive. I helped a bunch of them against a Miyoshi host (the enemy of my enemy is my ally, after all) and my relations with them improved to -1. Now they all keep attacking me regardless the amount of troops.

I'm seeing this too. I didn't notice it immediately after I joined on a bandit side, so I'm not as certain that's the cause.

Still, every two-bit bandit group wants to make a suicidal banzi run on my army, which is too slow to outrun it. If I can't figure a way to undo it, it's not worth playing the save, because every fourth step there's another 6 looters trying to mug my 120+ Elite Samurai army and it's bogged all the way down.

eta: Experimented with lowering their relation. Nothing seems to do it. I've killed hundreds, groups larger than mine, aided others against them, stormed their camp, nothing lowers the relation.

I had this and it was driving me insane.  Luckily, there's a solution.  Download the Mount and Blade save game editor.  Make a backup save just in case, then load it up in the editor.  Open up the factions group, then #2(outlaws), then relations.  Change relations (2:cool: to -0.15 and relations (29) to -0.05.  Then go back up to the main factions group, and open up the player faction and player supporter groups, 28 and 29.  Change their relations with group 2 to -0.15, then export the save.  No more having to choose between fighting a battle with 10 looters or losing 3 hatamoto in autocalc.
  14. Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

In Tamaru Castle, after going up the first ramp and turning right, there are some stairs that aren't properly connected and the AI sometimes has trouble on them.

QIRE9uc.jpg

Whenever I fight bandits in a village this error gets spammed, but I can only see it in the logs.

tJdjenD.jpg

In one village scene the large rock outcroppings stop rendering once the camera goes past about the middle of them.  I don't know if this is related to graphics settings at all.

dOmwiNt.jpg

ycxLexP.jpg

These trees with the light brown leaves seem to have buggy hit detection.  There is collision, but it seems to be about a metre from the actual trees, so you can pass through them but end up being stopped by thin air.

kkwWm8F.jpg

haitch40 said:
    1 thing I have noticed. With the new maps for bandits I find taking monk rebels hideouts impossible.
    Before it was a closed space so you could mow them all down with a katana. Now with the open space within the walls it is impossible to avoid getting you and your party shot to hell as all the rebels have guns. When you have an army fine. When you are limited in men such as attacking these bases you are screwed.

I agree with this.  The scenes are nice, but it seems like 3/4 of the monks gets guns and they end up spawning behind you and your men and headshotting everyone.

15. Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

Rebel parties seem to pick fights with me even if they only have 5 men and I've got 180.  They seem to run away fine from other lords.  This doesn't happen with deserters.

I know you went over the detailed landscape stuff before, but I still occasionally find myself running into invisible obstacles, and some trees can be walked through.

Every time I fight bandits in a village a pile of errors appear, so many that you can only see them in the log (I'll try to remember to capture it next time).

GimliTheDwarf said:
    Something I noticed in my games is that it seems items in the character inventory may get deleted when placed in the last/bottom few rows. Specifically, I would place some weapons or armor in the bottom row or two of my inventory, and after moving around for a few days trading, fighting, etc., these items would simply disappear. While I wouldn't really say this is game breaking, as I've never experienced an issue with items in the upper rows of the character inventory disappearing, I don't believe this should be occurring and have not experienced this with Native or other mods.

I've had this bug happen in other mods, even just Diplomacy.  It's probably happened more times, but I only noticed because it was a book I lost.

16. Comments: 3.0 Released

A little bug I've run into, a number of arrows appear giant when fired.  So far I've noticed war arrows and ceremonial arrows doing this.
  17. Main Thread - 3.0 released!

What are party sizes going to be like?  I've been playing some mods that increase the base size and bonuses from leadership and renown, and it's really nice to be able to field armies without having to spend all your stat points on charisma.
  18. MP Modern [WB] Into the trenches - DEAD - OSP Released.

Any chance we'll see cavalry?  WWI is usually thought of as the end of cavalry, but they had some success later in the war at Cambrai, Moreuil Wood, and during the Spring and Hundred Days offensives.  You would have to make sure the typical trench battlefield has enough craters and debris to prevent horses picking up much speed, otherwise every game would end up with both sides swinging swords and lances at each other in no man's land.

Also, how many types of armour and helmets do you expect to have?  I think you mentioned quality rankings of uniforms and helmets, but there was some body armour in WWI that could add more variety.  The British had the Dayfield body shield, which as I understand was a vest with metal plates to protect against bayonets and shrapnel.  They had a heavier version too, I think, and some sort of woven neck protection piece.  A picture of German body armour was posted earlier in this thread, and there was the stirnpanzer, a heavy metal plate that attached to the lugs on the stahlhelm.

ah6032stirnpanzerplatte.jpg

bodyshield.jpg

dayfield.jpg

Anyways, looking forward to the mod.
  19. Unable to run Ironlauncher? Is Batsuzo Invincible? Here is the workaround.

Tried running it on Vista, didn't work.  Right clicked on the Ironlauncher .exe, selected "Run as administrator," worked fine.  Just throwing that one out there.
Back
Top Bottom