Search results for query: *

1. Recruiting!

Hi.

I can help with 3d models.
  2. CONQUEST Preview and DL links Beta 2.3 RELEASED!

I can't downloadit :sad:
  3. Ищу мод под Warband по Warcraft

Даешь мод по carmageddon и fifa 2007
  4. SP Antiquity [WB] Shadows in the Desert - An Ancient Middle East Mod

matmohair1 said:
    ancient horse breeds & wild ass

img876copynuv.jpg
    original.aspx

011kfb.jpg

003xnn.jpg

002yl.jpg

015ubn.jpg

004yc.jpg

001trm.jpg

What is the source book of this pictures?
  5. SP Antiquity [WB] Shadows in the Desert - An Ancient Middle East Mod

Jlop985 said:
    Scythian, Sarmatian, it's all the same!  :razz:
    Actually, the Sarmatians were virtually identical to the Scythians; they were a part of the Scythians that formed their own confederation and displaced the earlier Scythians.

It’s lake – “Germans, French , it's all the same” :smile:.
    Sarmatians was next wave of Iranian nomads.  These tribes came from central Asia after Scythians. Sarmatins and Scythians had common ancestor, but different cultures. Sometime Sarmatians  was Scythian's “vassals”, but had own tribal unions, culture and never identified itself lake Scythians.

Is strange to say that Slavis tribes did not existed when most of the world where in more or less tribal organisation  On the other hand you speak as of Slavic history is not researched when it was researched not only by Slavic Scientist but by others as well, for example here is a section of Johann Gottfried Herder's (German philosopher, father of comparative philology) work on Slavic history.

I’m not strong in German, but sources of 19 century are impressive :smile:.
  6. SP Antiquity [WB] Shadows in the Desert - An Ancient Middle East Mod

Jlop985 said:
    While Slavs may in part descend from Scythians, the Scythians were a northern Iranian people. Their cultural descendants are the Ossetians. The Scythians remained in the general area where the proto-Indo-European language developed. The proto-Slavs branched off from this group and went north (exactly where is unclear).

Modern Ossetians are sarmatian descendants :smile: . Scythian lost thea ethnic identity in Crimea in 3-4 century a.d. They hadn’t  relation to ethnogenesis of Slavs. But Scythian state included many different tribes of another ethnic groups. Some of them can took part in Slavic ethnic and cultural genesis.
  7. SP Antiquity [WB] Shadows in the Desert - An Ancient Middle East Mod

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
    You can base them on old slavic houses since that's one tribe that were in Scyth group,

In scythian period slavic tribes are not exist. Where lived proto-slavic tribes not determined. When they came in-to East Europe not determined to. Proto-slavs could be part of Scythian ethnos or came later with huns.

1st type is they are called "zemljanka" , "zemljamka" , "zemunica";

Best version "zemljanka"  (землянка - dugout).
  8. SP Antiquity [WB] Shadows in the Desert - An Ancient Middle East Mod

Sahran said:
    We won't be able to do new horse textures per se, I'll just be using them from the Wander949 OSP (Based on llew2's models with edited textures, so they have saddlecloth and no saddle), but those help for national ideas. Although I know from Assyrian research they did differentiate between "Yoke horses" (for chariots and probably pack use), and "cavalry mounts" which were more valuable.

You are right, but "cavalry mounts" was well feeded, carefully selected horses of the same (as a "Yoke horses") bloods.

And I imagine in general that the quality of mounts would differ between classes of soldiery. A basic Achaemenid nobleman might not have a Nisean while I'm sure the royal kinsmen cavalry would.

You can make 3 types of each "breed":
    usual - pack horse, for low level and common warriors, with pure saddlecloth and low border of highness high.
    good - for professional wariors, with better saddlecloth and middle between borders of highness high.
    elite - for nobles, chefs and  elite warriors, with rich saddlecloth, highest as can be.
  9. SP Antiquity [WB] Shadows in the Desert - An Ancient Middle East Mod

Sahran said:
    If anyone's got any ideas on ancient horse breeds or general horse categorization in ancient times, I'd be all ears. I know of the Nisean as the Crème de la Crème and following it various "Iranian" breeds (Urartu/Medes/Persians), usual steppe pony for the Scythians, but all I've got is light knowledge elsewhere.

Categorization for now will probably be:

Pack Horse
    Riding Horse

Steppe Pony

"War horse"? (Amongst Western peoples, just whatever they used for a good beefy mount)

Urartian Horse
    Maybe a general "Ariyan Horse" for the non Nisean breeds amongst Iranians.
    Nisean Horse.

Hi.

The horses breeds are not existed, at the mods period. Every nation had it's own type of horses. It wasn't differentiation between war and other horses. Nobles of same nation(without own horses able for mount battle) could buy "foreign" horses.

I propose to divide horses by nations:

1. Persian horses - horses of central asian type, 125-135 cm highness (modern mountain type of Persian horses had the same parameters).
    186_1.jpg

2. Median horses or Nisean horses - horses of central asian type, 150 cm highness (modern Persian horses had the same parameters).
    186_1.jpg

3. Assyria Horses - horses of central asian type, 130 -140 cm highness, like a persian but had hart constitution.
    4. Egyptian horses - small horses 110-120 sm (used in chariots), similar to modern berber horses.
    1252419001_untitled-2.jpg

5. Steppe or Scythian horses - steppe full-bodied horses 120-130 sm.
    663.jpg

6. Greek horses - mezochondrial horses 120-130 sm.

Babylonia had use assyria horses,
    Israel - I think Egyptian horses, but not sure.
    Scythian chiefs and paralats could also use Persian or Nisean horses.
  10. Где патч 1.131?

Сегодня заметил, что на страничке загрузке в качестве последней версии снова висит 1.126. А куда 1.131 делся? Вроде и модула под него уже есть, что случилось?
  11. How to expand the global map?

GetAssista said:
    Switch off blending in Thor's editor(F4 or smth) and see if there is some strip of impassable terrain hidden there. Common trick for any good mapmaker to restrict movement
    Edit: hmm.. by the look of the mountains though you appear to have switched off blending already? But it does not show on second screenshot. Strange

Yes, you are right, it's switched allready. I had deleted this rock strip, before new map elements made.

Мaybe, somebody can test it:

http://file.qip.ru/file/TkWTpY3H/map_test.html

12. How to expand the global map?

Kazzan

I have do that(with changing strings in module.ini). 

119869113.jpg

My camera easy gets to any point of new map space. But player party(PP) can't cross border of old map :sad:.

119869124.jpg

How can I move red border with thorgrims map editor?

Blackrain

I can't get thorgrims editor to work...

What's problem exactly?
    Try here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,5646.0.html
  13. How to expand the global map?

I use it. M&B MapEditor - I means Thorngrim's map editor.
  14. How to expand the global map?

I need to expand the existing global map (Native) for my mode. To do so, I have exported the map to obj-file by means M&B MapEditor, added the lacking polygons where necessary and created the landscape in 3DsMAX. After that, I’ve exported the resulting map back to M&B MapEditor, where I’ve drawn...
  15. Download link and main info! [latest ver 0.0.82e -- 19 Jun 2016]

mtarini

Hi.

I have a problem with horse skeleton importing :sad:. I have export old skel_horse and add 3 bones to it. But OpenBRF took  only first 28 bones, when i imported it.

Pleas Help  :!: :!: :!: 
  16. Набор мододелов

Попробуй сходить на http://rusmnb.ru, но думаю и там тебе что-то подобное скажут:smile:
  17. Combat on the Steppe (Mod vids)

It's great!  :grin: :grin: :grin:
  18. SP Antiquity Greco-Persian Wars(help needed)

Alsow, youy can take here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,98.0.html sam texteres, models, etc...

And I can help with some aromores and weapons models.
Back
Top Bottom