Search results for query: *

• Users: Ursca
  • Order by date
  1. Ursca

Let's Play: Fabled Lands - The Court of Hidden Faces

I am keeping tabs on this thread.

I've had a veritable deluge of PMs about Fabled Lands this past week and a bit, which is bizarre. Possibly due to a renewed interest in Fabled Lands because of the RPG?
    Perhaps this is an auspicious time to start again, although I may have some demands on my time fairly soon, and writing up updates actually takes longer than you'd think.

Also I lost all my notes in a hard drive crash last year which would make starting difficult. However, it's probably possible to glean enough information from the thread. I forget how up to date the latest character sheet and list of codewords was.
  2. Ursca

Minecraft: Mountain Blade SMP server [closed]

Wait, when did you demand tribute?

That's the first I've heard of it, other than a blanket 'we're at war with everyone' statement.

Usually one demands tribute before attacking rather than after.
  3. Ursca

A war is usually for some kind of material gain, like land or wealth.

The implementation of PVP on this server is basically flawed because you can't really do either of those very well - the faction points are far too high to let any faction take any land from an opponent without killing every member of a faction many times over.
    If you blow up chests, then maybe you could loot the contents. Simply destroying a building though achieves nothing, other than petty vandalism.

So I wouldn't really call it total war. It's very easy to create an invincible fortress, and even easier to simply build underground, and if you do that, the whole war idea is moot.
  4. Ursca

Facemelter said:
    What happened to Ursca's library?

2011-03-27_140214.png
    NK cannoned it.

Good job with vandalising a public library guys. Could've used the door like everyone else.
  5. Ursca

Man, **** the invisibility bug.

PVP is pretty pointless when you have a chance of getting randomly ****ed over by someone invisible.
    Edit: I was looking forward to a good fight too. 'Let's just get into a good defensible position, and I reckon I could take these guys- wait why am I getting hit, there's no one here. Oh great now I'm dead'.
  6. Ursca

Janus said:
    I'll consider it and look the plugin over, if he's indeed interested in it.
    I'll put my vote in too, because that would be great.
    Not quite as nice as the Ink Quill stuff, but it makes book cases a bit more functional which is a bonus.

Lyze said:
    Cloudheim's purpose is to record the history of our nascent realm, and to be able to physically record it on the books within the libraries of Cloudheim would be astounding. :3
    The Khane-ye-danesh, Grand Library of Cactinium requests copies of said documents for posterity. All scrolls, grimoires and tomes shall surely have a copy in the Grand Library or else they shall be taken by force! Maybe.

Lyze said:
    In addition, all IRC members should know that there has been a proposal for desert removal and replacement near Zendar, and the Celts are very keen to have this deal go through. We would love it if our Celtic village was not surrounded by desert, and so your need for sandstone can be met by the removal of all this sand and sandstone and its replacement with dirt. This proposal has been forwarded to an IRC member, but I post the announcement here as well.
    We were planning on stealing a desert from somewhere on the map, so this does sound like a plan.
  7. Ursca

Like I always say, when God gives you lemons you BUILD A NEW GOD.
  8. Ursca

So I guess NK decided to dump a load of lava on the IRC town?

7xOh7.png
    Is that a legitimate tactic? I know that buckets have been disabled on claims for instance.
    Not really complaining, it's just a bit random. Now we need to work out how to incorporate a huge pile of cobble into the town.
    (I'm pretty sure it was North Korea, since they were ****-talking last night. I may be wrong though)
  9. Ursca

Their bumbling assassination attempts are hilarious.

We now have a surplus of diamond swords purely due to their failed attacks.
  10. Ursca

Eh. I'm not adverse to the idea of cannon bombardments, but in practise all they really achieve is to wreck someone's stuff, which is practically the definition of griefing.

I don't know. If we were talking about breaching some walls to allow invaders in, or shelling some enemy war machines that would be cool.
    But destroying houses and such is annoying. That's the stuff you want to capture in a war. Blowing it all up is self-defeating unless you're just in it for ****s and giggles. And if you are, then that probably qualifies as griefing.
  11. Ursca

Vilhjalmr said:
    What texture pack is that, Faradon?

It's my custom pack, stolen from a half-dozen different places.
    It's 32x32, so some stuff is a little broken unless you get the HD fix.
  12. Ursca

faradon said:
    All hail the Kingdom of the IRC!
    20110306191827.png
    Damnit Faradon, don't bugger up that dome and then post a picture. That's not how spheres work.

okiN said:
    Hah, looks like the denizens of off-topic have finally been exposed to the bundle of love that is Plazek and his merry band of miscreants. :lol:

Also, what's with all this carrying on about rules? It's not like they've ever really stopped you guys from doing anything before, at least when you didn't think anyone would know about it.
    The last couple of server iterations had the same problem, this is hardly a new issue.  :???:
  13. Ursca

Hot damn, that water is nice. I might just loot that for my own.
  14. Ursca

Tuckles said:
    Do I just place it in the textures folder like regular 16x16 texture packs?
    Yep.
  15. Ursca

Tuckles said:
    @Ursca, where can one find a copy of this highly praised texture pack?
    Try here. It's 32x32 though, so water and lava aren't animated, and there might be the odd issue with things like pumpkins. Fairly sure there's a 32x32 texture fix on the forums somewhere though.
  16. Ursca

Wellenbrecher said:
    @Ursca
    That texturepack you put together for dem IRC fellas is gold! :eek:
    Cheers. Can't take much credit though, I really just hacked together the best bits from a load of different packs. I think the majority of parts come from the Doku RPG pack, the steampunk pack and the John Smith pack? Something like that anyway.
  17. Ursca

Comrade Temuzu said:
    That would be skills.
    Oh I love it. Please keep this up, it's just gold.
  18. Ursca

Goonie McGoonGoon said:
    hemad.jpg
    And that one didn't even have an image! Can he step up his game and create an even more lazy and asinine comeback? Only time will tell!
  19. Ursca

Oh wow, a reaction image. Damn, I got owned hard.
  20. Ursca

Comrade Temuzu said:
    Nemesis said:
    I don't see the reason behind trampling crops...
    I didnt trample them, I collected them. And I still have them.
    Goonie McGoonGoon said:
    Dwarven Death Squad finds such tales of theft and destruction highly amusing.

We approve.

Well then, I put it to you, sirs, that you are both massive dickheads of the worst possible calibre, and that further more you shall almost certainly die a sad and lonely death in a cold bedsit. Your decrepit corpses shall only be discovered when the neighbours complain about the putrid emanations.
    I bid you, and the server you inhabit like the aforementioned repugnant stench, a not-so-fond farewell.

Signed,
    Your Mom.

PS. What I'm actually saying is that you are chronically boring people who find amusement in being incredibly bad sports.
Back
Top Bottom