Search results for query: *

1. BraveheartA7X

Dev Blog 31/05/18

lmao this game is never coming out.

I'd like to know if the animator is working on character animations or environmental stuff.  I'd also like to know if he is refining the animations or if he is still creating animations from scratch?
  2. BraveheartA7X

Gamescom 2018 really?

Nymeris said:
    BraveheartA7X said:
    tl;dr you've lost a customer
    There is nothing more pathetic than a 20+ year old person (I hope you're not) who can't wait for a game to come out. Seriously.

I’d rather be 24 and playing Kingdom Come than however old you are and posting tirades about forum etiquette because a post criticizing a video game made me mad.  Perhaps, there is something  more pathetic than deciding to buy one game instead of waiting for another, no?

Says who? Warband beta started in September '09, and the game was released at the end of March '10. We didn't have a retail release date until February, IIRC. That's 7 months for closed+open beta, and no release date until it was almost over. You seem to have no context for how TaleWorlds handles testing & release of their games, or you choose to ignore it.

Going off what they did for Warbands puts release at 7 months plus however long it takes us to get to beta. It sounds like you’re more optimistic than I was about a beta coming out soon than I was.  Adopting an optimistic view point, there is 1-2 months before the beta gets announced and that puts it at 9 months which isn’t far off from what I guessed.
    All that being said, I don’t know if we can rely on what tale words has done in the past with their  releases.  They’ve been all over the place with Bannerlord... like I said, it was a guess based off what I’ve got.

I’m not attacking you, but the way you came after me makes it seem like you think this game will be out substantially earlier than in 10 months.  Just out of curiosity, do you have a guess about when it’s coming out, and if so what’s that based on?
  3. BraveheartA7X

Gamescom 2018 really?

Alexander13 said:

We are the first to bring you the exclusive news that Taleworlds will be attentding the Gamescom 2018 event (21.-25.08.201:cool:. We can all expect more exclusive Bannerlord gameplay and maybe finally a release date?

The lack of communication about the progress of this game is not only frustrating, but I think it is also telling of where the game is in terms of completeness.  This game isn't coming out for at least 10 months and that assumes they announce a release date sometime in the next 2 months, which I think is being extremely optimistic. 

Perhaps the the lack of communication is being misconstrued, and the game is actually much farther along than it seems; but as consumers we have no way to know for certain.  Because of this uncertainty, we are forced to speculate based on what information we are able to gather.  In light of the facts and evidence that I have seen, I think it unlikely that Bannerlord is coming out anytime soon.  If this game is in fact closer to release than it seems, it would be advisable to present evidence of that to the community. 

For me personally, I'm done with this game. I'm not waiting until October for Taleworlds to MAYBE announce a release date.  I would like to play a medieval RPG some time in the next year.  As a consumer, I will not be compelled to purchase a second Medieval RPG when this game is finally released a day late and a dollar short.  If anyone needs me I'll be playing Kingdom Come.

tl;dr you've lost a customer
  4. BraveheartA7X

Dev Blog 15/02/18

For next weeks blog, I would like to know if the engine is completely finished or if changes are still being made to it.
  5. BraveheartA7X

bannersketch

CKyHC said:
    I bought Warband randomly. I really liked the picture on the cover. Expecting that Bannerlord will represent the factions and decided to share with you :3
    (sorry if this is not in that section)

Congratulations! You’ve posted more high quality Bannerlord content in one post than Taleworlds has on like 8 months!
  6. BraveheartA7X

[Serious] Here is why Bannerlord is not going to be released in the near future.

They should release a blank version of the game for modders. To be honest all I really want to do is play a warbands mod of this game
  7. BraveheartA7X

Features you want to see in single player Bannerlord

Armor with colors you can alter to match that of your faction or your crest.  Not like the heraldic armor, but tunics that match and **** like that. Always hated having an army of Swadians and Rhoducks in red and green when my banner color was blue

Also better quests. More variety in quest types.  In addition to the repititious generated quests, I  would like To see 10-15 quests that have some sort of story to them and scale to your level/army size. I don’t care if they would be the same in a separate play through just something with a meaning behind it
  8. BraveheartA7X

Stopping enemy lords from easily raiding your faction's interior

I would like to see castles have an area of influence around them where if an enemy army is in that area, that can be attacked/ambushed by the castle garrison.

I think patrols would also be nice. These wouldn’t be massive armies but if each faction had like 4-5 patrolling armies of like 100  that would respond if a settlement is being looted.

I don’t like the idea of attrition.  I’ve always hated that in games
  9. BraveheartA7X

Total Conversion mods ideas for Bannerlord

I don’t know the word for these groups of people. But a mod, in a fictional location, where the factions are inspired by groups like:
    -Sioux/Iroquois/Cherokee,
    -Maori/Samoans
    -Zulu
    -Aztecs/Mayans/Incans
    -Some badass Eskimos
    -Maybe some cavemen or something like that

Basically the idea is some of these cultures from around the world that were slow to develop technologically but are still pretty bad ass.  So you put them all on some fake continent and then play Mount and Blade with them.

I get a lot of those societies are migratory or whatever and mount and blade is all about cities and fortifications but it’s fictional so who cares

If you are a modder, and want to make my dream your reality, hit me up.  I can pitch you my vision and both of us can make no money off of it
  10. BraveheartA7X

Some things I want in Bannerlord-Hopefully I get to know if they are confirmed

Rackie said:
    BraveheartA7X said:
    Rackie said:
    To get war loot you&your party needs to spend time(some hours) to find & pick up the items.
    All the horses that can be seen living in the battle can be taken.
    Horses dont pick up inventory space.

You mean hours in M&B time right? So like 5 seconds of real life? Making it take hours to collect loot would ruin the game.  In the early stages of the game, selling loot is pretty much the only way to make money.  IMO this would basically make the game unplayable.

Not crazy about the idea of all living horses being taken as loot.  Horses are pretty high value items, and if you could smack an army of mountain bandits or a small khergit army and get like 80 horses for a value of like 50 dennars each or greater, that's basically a get rich quick plan, especially if horses don't take up inventory space.

Ofcourse I ment ingame hours :smile:

About the horses, well yeah, if you meet a big army with many horses, ofcourse your reward is also bigger

I agree that if you’re fighting a cavalry army you should get more horses, but I don’t think you should get all of them for the reason I stated above. I expect the amount of loot/horses you have access to will be determined by a ratio that is subject to your party’s looting skill and the amount of items/horses dropped by the defeated army,  Which is how it was in the last one.

Tl;dr I think it will be the same way they did it in Bannerlord
  11. BraveheartA7X

Dev Blog 25/01/18

Not worth the price of admission in my opinion.  Would have rather heard about the guy who refills the water cooler. 
  12. BraveheartA7X

Callum, tell us when to wait for a surprise?

Absolute anarchy on these forums the past 24 hours hahaha
  13. BraveheartA7X

No Appearance at PC Gamer 2018

vicwiz007 said:
    but theyll still have plenty of employees to interview XD hopefully they just get into the good stuff.

Can’t wait for the interview in 2 weeks with the guy who refills the water cooler

“Yeah, I come in here every Thursday to replace the water.  The lights are always off and the office is dead silent.  Everything always looks the exact same as the last time I was there. None of the employees move, they just stare at blank monitors. There is a fine layer of dust coating every thing, even the employees. Somehow the water cooler is always empty though...”
  14. BraveheartA7X

No Appearance at PC Gamer 2018

This game is never fúcking coming out

Edit: Actually I’ll put this opinion on hold until the Dev Blog comes out tomorrow...

Edit: Opinion reinstated.
  15. BraveheartA7X

Bannerlord DLC

Why would you ever pay for DLC for mount and blade?  There are more mods than you could ever play!
  16. BraveheartA7X

ageing and heir system

True,  tbh I just wanted a warband reskin with more than one attack poibt in a siege..  anything extra is a bonus.  Hence in my eyes the games been ready for years....

This is exactly how I feel. Better sieges and AI Battle tactics are all I really want

Why are  you so afraid of balance? To me it seems like it'd be pretty simple to keep the number of lords constant while allowing them to die occasionally. You just need to playtest, find the probability of a lord dying and set it equal to the probability of a  new  lord being spawned. And it's not like warband did it anywhere near perfectly. By the end  of most of my playthroughs half the lords had been exiled outside calradia because the kings had taken all the fiefs for themselves.  What's the difference between being "exiled from calradia" and being killed?

I’m worried about it for the exact reason you said. Warband had serious problems with lords switching factions or getting exiled. So it seems to me if Bannerlord includes an heir/death/aging system, like the previous systems before it, the new system may not work as intended also.

If you look close enough, Warband is a complicated mess already. There are many deep features that are poorly delivered to the player, so many things happening ingame that you're simply not aware of. I think Bannerlord is improving these features while creating some new ones.

I don’t think you really have to look that closely to see that haha. Fortunately for Warband, the majority of the features that were poorly executed by TW were either not that serious, or didn’t become serious until very late in a play through.
    What was said above about the problem with lords getting exiled is exactly the kind of thing that I fear will happen with a heir/aging/death system. 
    In my opinion, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.  While Warbands could obviously use a lot of fixing, I think the lord system worked pretty well, with the exception of exiling and switching faction and them having no personalities at all
  17. BraveheartA7X

Current state - Realism

if it is as realistic as Warbands it will be perfect. 

Some of you people who are asking for these time consuming hyper realistic features seem to be forgetting that we all play RPG because they take things from real life that people enjoy and include them, but exclude the parts of real life that suck.
  18. BraveheartA7X

ageing and heir system

I'm against the aging/death/heir system all together only for the reason that I don't think they would get it right.  Like I said above, I think it would lead to balancing problems among the factions and people would die too often and it would screw a lot of stuff up.  I think you would end up with all the lords being dead and having a **** load of babies that can't do anything.  If they can do and make it work, great. I just don't think they will be able too.

I've said this before elsewhere on this forum, I think Bannerlord is probably going to be a good game, but if it's not a good game, it will be because TW tried to do too much and the game will be over complicated and have features that either don't work, or do work, but aren't fun.  I think the aging/death/heir system is one of those features that will either not work, or will work in some capacity but will be not fun and annoying.

For what its worth, the longer this game is in development the more I worry that TW is trying to do too much.  Warbands was a REALLY REALLY good game and I think Bannerlords will be too.  That being said, with no indication that this game is close to coming out, I am starting to worry that when this game is released it could be an over complicated mess.
  19. BraveheartA7X

ageing and heir system

I don’t mean to be pessimistic, but I think an aging/heir system for the NPC lords opens up the door for their to be a TON of problems as far as balancing between the factions.  Not to mention it would make becoming friends with lords a real pain in the ass because they could get killed in any battle.  It would also mean that those long standing rivalries with lords would be less like to emerge if they could die.
    I think it would create something like you have in the total war games where you have generals but you don’t actually know them or care about them because they die all the time
Back
Top Bottom