Search results for query: *

1. Fearghus The Killer

Edit mode - Entry points don't work

Btw, this is also a problem with feasts: you get 30 lords to come and feast, but only 15-16 will be in the hall.
    Please help!

Leave the feast and then rejoin the feast and the lords and ladies shuffle to include the missing ones.. If you have a lot of attendees, just repeat leaving and rejoining. I don't recall a game ever, native or module, where I went into a a big feast and the attendees didn't shuffle. I think it works the same for lords packed in your dungeon. Of course, your dickplomacy ladies might be a dickplomacy issue.
  2. Fearghus The Killer

Funny story on my war (victory) against the nords

I've never figured out what happens to the kings (or what is suppose to happen to them) when their faction is eliminated. It isn't unusual to have more than one in my dungeons at game completion.

There is/was a glitch I used to see where a deposed "king" of an eliminated faction is discovered loitering in some corner of the map. Might be escapees with no place to go.

I don't recall ever seeing NPC lords with kings as captives, only my guy.
  3. Fearghus The Killer

Strategy to avoid getting attacked while raiding?

littleferrhis said:
    So I'll attack a Vaeiger town and part way through around 500 enemies will run in to defend the village against my small 55 man raiding party. Then I can go to Swadia in the middle of the day and face absolutely no problems. Are there any ways I can minimize the chance of being attacked by a much larger force? Or are some factions villages just untouchable?

Pay attention to what is going on in the war and who owns the village. A good time to raid is when your enemy is on campaign/besieging a town some distance away.
  4. Fearghus The Killer

The worst faction?

Steppe Warrior said:
    Vaegirs are the worst as far as units go they can't decide what their soldiers are.

...besides being the best bowmen in the game? Style of play is key to what you perceive to be good/bad in these troop trees. I've played all the factions to varying degrees of success, but as a Vaegir player, I conquer the map with 50 Vaegir Knights and whatever cobbled-together junk troops I may happen to have. The AI will never churn out lord's armies with 50 Swadian Knights, or 100 Huscarls--or, with some overwhelming concentration of talent each faction offers.
  5. Fearghus The Killer

Think I can become Independent?

Korvyr said:
    Lazy Buttons said:
    I don't know if you can. I never played a pendor game to 1,100 days, I usually get bored by about day 500 when I control half the map and only have 1 or 2 factions left, and the game becomes just a slog until the finish.

I think you should wait and gather up some more forces, just to be sure :wink:

TBH if you're killing half the map at 500 days, you're doing something along the lines of cheating, or making the difficulty slider point toward the "easy" side.

I wrap things up around day 900 on my playthroughs at normal settings. Half the map in 500 days seems typical to me. There's a guy here on the boards (bakters?) who conquered Calradia in 162 days on hard settings.
  6. Fearghus The Killer

So, who is the *cheater* in this situation?

xdj1nn said:
    So, AI is constantly cheating, pretty much, yet the player has access to a brain that can avoid retarded AI behavior, or even exploit it.

Everything you've written here...EXACTLY. A lot of my strategy is based upon anticipating the AI directing the NPC lords to do the same things over and over.

I was reading somewhere on the boards a guy who thinks using high surgery is like a cheat, or an exploit, and I wanted to ask him if he got to sit back in his castle and rebuild his army in 2 days after getting wiped off the map...

In my book you're not cheating, yet, everytime I feel to need to cheat, and I it it, I lose the will to play the game and insta-quit... I mean, the current trial play I'm doing with PoP I'm unable to stay within the game for more than 10 minutes before getting bored to death, and I'm not even cheating...

I consider myself a pretty experienced player...countless hours over 7-8 years. I've never used a *cheat* that destroyed an army before so I probably felt a little guilty about it. I just wanted the b.s. to go away so I could continue the game on schedule. I want to do more advanced knighthood quests, tryout more rune weapons, etc., and not have to spend 2-3 game weeks trying to rebuild my army and run down my companions like a noob.
  7. Fearghus The Killer

k0nr@d said:
    If you are not able to take him down by yourself, wait till you start your own kingdom and attack it with your own lords.
    If you really want to defeat him now, join forces with one of his enemies e.g. Noldor should have a fun with shield-less infantry (his core units).

Like I said, I'm reasonably sure I've fought him before with NPC help, probably later game during one of my own Kingdom playthroughs. In current game, I'm hoping he respawns. 300 mounted Knights and some some Silvermist Rangers ought to fix his problem.
  8. Fearghus The Killer

Berkona said:
    The only thing I don't get is if your with a warband and they see you get attacked they should be rushing to your aid to assist you. If you are by yourself well you shouldn't attack unless your armies are equal.

Usually by day 500 I can take on anything on the map solo, including besieging any castle or town.

If I had 300 knights with me at the time (and not 170 huscarls. archers and fodder) I would have fought him, might have taken a few *trickster* retreats and healing time but I'd keep hitting him and eventually win. I read in the wiki that this is the largest spawn army.
  9. Fearghus The Killer

Berkona said:
    The only thing I don't get is if your with a warband and they see you get attacked they should be rushing to your aid to assist you. If you are by yourself well you shouldn't attack unless your armies are equal.

You would think. That's what I meant by game conventions. This guy is a special character hostile only to you. How he ever gets undone Idk, I've had more than one playthrough of PoP and this hasn't come up before. I'm reasonably certain I've used NPC lords before to take on all the unique spawns including Mettenheim.

Warband alone has enough built-in **** moves trying to keep things evened up. A unique spawn *invading army* only hostile to you who has been gobbling up villagers but is neutral to all NPC lords, that's an additional **** move one would never consider. If I could find something in the so-called lore that would explain it, I'll buy it. But for now, **** move gets dicked with a cheat. My conscience is clear.
  10. Fearghus The Killer

Madame de Pompadour said:
    Obrist is not hostile to most major factions IIRC. Nothing wrong with game rules, just your misunderstanding.

AI does not help you to fight against parties they aren't hostile to.

Ahh, I see. Except there's no reason he should be hostile to me since we haven't met. I believe the Mettenheim are auto-hostile to player character from day one just like heretics or bandits or Dawn Knights.
  11. Fearghus The Killer

So, I'm taking Ravenstern down, marshalling a 2,000 man Fierdsvain warband, besieging Poinsbruk which is garrisoned with 650 with a half-dozen Ravenstern peasant armies running around the town like cockroaches. Suddenly, Obrist Heynrich, who apparently was "hiding" within the spires of town...
  12. Fearghus The Killer

Got a qualis gem from a battle without a boss!

TheNewKing said:
    first time i got one i sold it lol
    now i regret it in a late game as i have huge money and no gem :sad:

wish i could find more

Ha. Same thing here. My first playthrough I didn't have a clue what it was for, hadn't read up on the mod at all. However, I did sell it to one of the book dealers so when I was fat in cash I bought it back from him for 52,000 denars. By end game I can't get one for the Noldor because I've crushed all the heroes, but who needs Noldor troops when you've got a 1,000 huscarls...
  13. Fearghus The Killer

Marriage? (Issue)

Elvari said:
    I. Problem
    --------------
    Well, I was doing somewhat successful with a woman, or so I believe. And I had a marriage arranged, however I went to go meet him in his halls, and when I left, the quest had "failed" and as I return to talk to him, there is no option to reschedule it, will I never be allowed to marry her again, or do I have to wait awhile? Anyone else experience this problem?

Not sure why it "failed" unless you didn't do it in the number of days specified. I think it's 30 to get permission from father. If you had permission you just need to show up at announced wedding and I think you have lots of time for that as they get cancelled because of war.  Seems like you might need to propose to the lady again first before going back to the father.
  14. Fearghus The Killer

Espected behavior or cheating?

Ghost of Razgriz said:
    I'm thinking of trying it against late game Rhodoks since they're near impossible to siege, even with an army of angry Huscarls aiding you).

I've always preached the benefits of having high medical so you can overpower the Rhodok castles and towns in two takes. The morale hit is not that significant when nearly all of your casualties are injuries and not deaths, and the whole gang ready for the next round against the handful of Rhodok survivors from the first.

I used to always save the Rhodoks for last when conquering the map because of the numbers they slaughtered on the ground with sharpshooters. I try to take them out early now and save the Desert Rats for a cakewalk finish.
  15. Fearghus The Killer

How do i conquer all map?

Swadian Knights are my favorite thing to kill. I can't play as Swadian because I hate the look of those horsemen in red and their flat-top hats. I conquer the map with Vaegir Knights multiple times. I don't even bother using Vaegir infantry.

You can play as any favorite faction, mix and match your troops, etc. but the key is to level up your party skills in Surgery and the other medicals, and to level up your party skills in pathfinding so you can rapidly deploy. Primarily use cavalry. That's the reason I like the Vaegirs because they are good on both horseback and foot.

Once you have your own kingdom, think about who you give what fife and strategically where. I give away all the villages, but after I have built messenger post, etc. After you give it away, you will still get the notices. Keep most of the towns and the siege tower castles for yourself. Try to keep the vermin lords from burning your villages so your economy doesn't go to hell. Release them often so they become *your* vermin lords and burn your opponent's villages. My completion goal is 1000 game days to win it all but last one took me 1100.
  16. Fearghus The Killer

Ill have those guards skinned alive

NasserThani said:
    Bannerlord will fix everything. Your dreams will come true

This is my new sig
  17. Fearghus The Killer

Singleplayer getting dull?

Redleg said:
    Fearghus The Killer said:
    How about attempting to "win the game" by conquering Calradia.  :???:

Wait, what?  You can actually win the game?

lol. I didn't mean to sound so flip in my comment. because I do get OP's boredom with all the silly repetitive quests, etc. I usually quit a character after a while for similar reasons, but it's because I don't see a way forward to the goal of....winning the game.
  18. Fearghus The Killer

Singleplayer getting dull?

How about attempting to "win the game" by conquering Calradia.  :???:
  19. Fearghus The Killer

Quick question: Is there a mod where you can start as a ruler of kingdom?

Thane_of_Dhirim said:
    mustachewarfare said:
    hmm i didn't know i could keep my property when i renounce my oath. I thought there was no such option. Okay thanks for the tip.

You can't. You can only when you capture a castle/town and king decided to give it to someone else .

You can. I do it all the time, dozens of games, two year's daily playing experience. Pretty sure it's not a feature of the Diplomacy mod alone. The dialogue always appears when I talk to my king, and the only assumption I can make is it doesn't appear for anyone with low right to rule, or Thanes of Sucky Factions... :lol:
  20. Fearghus The Killer

Powergaming Guide & Info

naiski said:
    General Campaign Tips
    The first thing you should do when the game begins is ride around and collect all the companions you plan to use in your party before you recruit a single non-hero unit into your group...

Not possible, unless your arrival in Calradia includes importing your awesome bowman character in with a fat wallet.  :razz:

Companions
    In an optimal party, two companions should be selected as INT monkeys (Jeremus and Deshavi are best suited for these roles with their base stats) while the rest are crafted into godly tanks of destruction.
    Here is the party I usually use:
    Jeremus (priority: surgery, wound treatment, first aid)
    Deshavi (priority: engineering, path finding, spotting)
    Nizar, Marnid, Katrin, Ymira, Bunduk, Klethi
    More info here: http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Mount%26Blade/Companions

What a motely crew.  :lol:

My optimal party usually consists of Bashetur, Borcha, Lezalit, Alyan, Artimenner, Jeremus, Ferentis, Rolf. Sometimes Ymira as back-up surgeon. I'll take Nizar and Metheld (together) as well. That's a total of 11 who will play nice (for the most part) over your 8. Several of my choice group are easily leveled up to awesome fighters. Ferentis, Lezalit, Alyan, Rolf, Bashetur, Matheld are ready to roll, while the "majority" of your group (Marnid, Katrin, Ymira, Klethi, Deshavi, Jeremus) can barely fight. If you're "power-gaming" for the best combo to create "tanks of destruction" your group is weak from the get-go. Bundok's a communist, too.  :wink:
Back
Top Bottom