Search results for query: *

1. RomaN_au

MP Matchmaking servers for OCE region

+1 I support this for Oceania region
  2. RomaN_au

{} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

To be fair, his only real contribution to the community was keeping those around him interested in the game.

@Dandywarhol1
    You're not the only person who thinks that. There are many others who I've recently spoken to who have told me that they couldn't care less what has happened and/or will not offer their condolences because of the things that Hamor did when he was around.

Personally, one of the worst things I've seen him do was make fun of people with medical conditions/physical or mental handicap but I never realised it was that severe until someone told me this:
    ozQmUDb.png

^^ Not naming names but this person told me later on that they almost did as well...

It was hard for me to write my post earlier but now that more and more people are telling me things like this, it's making me almost want to take my original post back.
  3. RomaN_au

My condolences to Hamor. May his family find peace and strength in the difficult times ahead.

I first met Hamor when i saw him in cRPG. Back then he was just another generic onliner with 1h sword racking up hours on warband and he would also occasionally challenge me to duel. I do recall him being very quiet and reserved early on.

After the decline of warband in Australia, i encountered him again in the NW scene and played for a shortwhile in his clan VG. At first, things were OK until he started to become progressively more and more manipulative, menacing and controlling.

One day, through private message I told him that I was leaving his clan. I expressed my disagreement to some things he had done and suggested that there may have been underlying issues in his personal life that he should focus on mending rather than lashing out at others. Maybe I was too direct about it because he threw it back in my face, hurled some abuse at me and blocked me.

His last comment to me was: "You can't quit, you're kicked"

My last correspondence with him occurred 6 months ago in May. After years of not seeing or talking to him, he randomly sent expletive and racist messages to me for no reason falsely accusing me of some things that had apparently happened to him in a game. He started to tell me was an amateur boxer and made threats of violence towards me. We arranged to meet at his gym for a sparring session. He told me he was a member of the competitive fight team there.
    Coincidentally, i knew one of the trainers at the gym through my work but I never told him that. I had intended to confront him and have a deep talk to him about whatever was going on with him.

The meeting went as expected... he didn't show up and the trainers and staff had never heard of him before.

Not long after this, he deleted our messages, blocked me and i never heard from him ever again.

Mental health is not something to joke about and I'd implore anyone who has friends or family or maybe even suspect something is amiss to reach out talk to somebody about how they're feeling. The longer you keep it inside, the more you will suffer.
  4. RomaN_au

Petition for Australian/Oceania Servers

+1 Signed

I am TGD_RomaN and I support Official Oceanic Servers from beta onwards.

I've been active since Warband beta days and I can say that the closest to 'official' servers Australia ever had were the servers hosted by two of Australia's ISPs.
    Games.on.Net - Hosted by Internode
    GameArena - Hosted by Telstra Bigpond

As the admin for GameArena servers, I recognised that having public servers were pivotal to the successful release of Warband and Fire&Sword in Australia. I think if Taleworlds had official servers hosted in Australia, the game would be popular and financially successful.

If I may also add onto Tycode's comment about Oceania clans returning:
    TGD is one of Australia's oldest warband clans. We were active from 2009 up till the decline of warband from 2014 onwards. Despite this, many of us still keep in touch with each other and are active in other games. The majority of us old bastards have expressed interest in returning for Bannerlords.
  5. RomaN_au

yedrellow said:
    With all due respect Roman, it's actually very difficult to get hosting for warband now. Especially as pretty much any advertised warband server hosting option has been plagued by pretty bad server lag.

I disagree. You only need to type "VPS Host" into google and you'll get pages of different hosting options available to you within Australia (Be weary, some of their terms of usage may contain a clause that states they do not provide/support server hosting for games).

The NW community hosts events 3 days per week with up to 100 players turning up each time. Their servers are pretty decent considering the size of the events. There was an incident a couple of months ago where their provider was lagging but they were able to migrate to a new host within a week.

From experience, the worst hosts are those who advertising for gaming. They're expensive and you're usually sharing the box with other high-usage customers.
  6. RomaN_au

Hi Terrorbite,

This is my first post in years on this forum. It's very long and I have put it in a spoiler below as it's directed mainly to you.

I think what you need to realise is that Warband is almost 10 years old with another sequel in development. It's a very old, outdated game that will be phased out when Bannerlords is released.

Furthermore, the original playerbase from 10 years ago have moved on with their lives (and sadly, some of them into the next life). The game is declining and you won't see many new players choosing to stick around anymore. The days of proper scrims, tournaments etc are long gone.

I think the best way for you to implement your suggestions is for you to pay for your own private server and set it up the way you want.

TerrorBite, it is clear that you have joined this Australian community very late in its history and have not been made aware of some crucial information that have affected us over the years.

When Warband was released 8 years ago, a huge fan-base from the original Mount&Blade came over with it and established the Australian/NZ Warband Community. At the time, we were also supported with free server hosting by Internode (Games on Net) and Telstra (GameArena) later on.

Games on Net and GameArena were the official gaming service of the respective ISP's. Public Server hosting from Internode and Telstra was very important for us because it provided a "public space" which everyone considered to be an Official Public Server. They also offered unmetered data usage for their customers.

As the game aged, popularity for Warband declined as expected. Players grow older and become bored of the game and/or their lives changed.

At the same time, the Australian market moved on which brought upon a decline in ISP's offering gaming services in Australia. It was no longer profitable for big companies to maintain gaming services. Telstra was affected the most and went through a major restructure, they shut down most of their services such as Bigpond Music, Bigpond Movies and GameArena. Internode eventually pulled the plug on the Game.On.Net servers.

When the public servers shut down, the entire community was broken up into a cluster of privately hosted servers dividing their playtime between Warband, Fire&Sword and eventually Napoleonic Wars. Similar to what you see today though we are now only a fraction of what it was back then.

I'm not trying to be nasty. I think it's good that you want to keep the game going but you are very wrong in some of the things you have said:
    TerrorBite said:
    I think the current duel server with ratings is what we could do with, but with a server that isnt complete ****.
    One with a proper sized map and no bots standing everywhere. A rating system which provides a better indication of level than the current one too.
    As confirmed by Seaward (The owner of the DT servers), The DT-Native server is ranked based on the Elo Rating System. It's the same rating system used to calculate chess ratings worldwide. There are also no bots on this server and personally, I have never experienced any issues on this server.

TerrorBite said:
    In my eyes, players who only play DM are irrelevant. If they're DM players, they probably dont intend to stick around warband for long enough to hold any value anyway.
    Casual players are hugely important to the Australian community regardless of what gamemode they play because without them nobody but the same small group of people would play on the warband servers. I won't comment further on how offensive and bigoted your statement was.

TerrorBite said:
    I'd say the easiest way to bring more people and to keep them, is making the game more competitive, and completely removing DM.
    There was a time before you were around where the only servers in Australia were two battle servers and one duel server and all struggled to fill with players. The reason for this is because people were unwilling to join an empty battle or duel server and wait for it to fill up. Battle's not fun with a small number of players and duel is not as popular compared to Battle or DM.

...and FYI, the goal of NG_Aus_DM is to provide a free server for Australian/NZ people to play on casually and keep them interested in preparation for Bannerlord. I think it's doing a good job of that if the server hits 30 players without any admin intervention or changing gamemodes.
  7. RomaN_au

GD Oceanic Duel, 4rd Round Sat 23(8.30-9.30)|3nd Round Elim Sat 23(8.30-9.30)

im having difficulty reaching callum at the same time to do the duel.
  8. RomaN_au

RomaN_au said:
    ACC1 said:
    RomaN_au said:
    I think the problem is that if a clan wanted to organise or discuss something with KoS, ACC1 generally has the final say regardless of his position in KoS only because he's the one with the server admin. There's no neutrality present and it feels like an uphill battle all the time.

For example, Direct tried to organise a date/time for a scrim some time last week and every other time we've played against KoS it has always been at times which were inconvenient for us but we still go ahead using our newer players. This time we wanted to have a time where our more regular lineup could play but no dice getting that point across to ACC1. If it doesn't work out his way then it's not going to go ahead at all.

It just becomes a massive headache. It is very frustrating and a complete waste of time and effort.

You mean the match where Direct picked, MAP, BOTH FACTIONS, DAY, CAV/ ARCHER LIMITS AND TIME @ 6pm and the only thing I said in return to all his conditions / decisions is lets move the time from 6-7. Yep Its my way or no way isnt it..
    Good one.

So it was canceled because of my 1 hour later suggestion even tho TGD selected everything else, THen you went on to have a scrim on the same day with another clan..

Dunno who told you, but you got told wrong OR maybe your just telling bull**** stories again.

I didn't even see this post till now.

The point I was trying to make was regarding the time often being incredibly inconvenient for us and ultimately the final decision does lie in your care. I couldn't care less for factions/map etc. If it's not your time then it doesn't go ahead... which it didn't and this is what I mean. The final decision is always yours to make and there is never any room for compromise. I wasn't told wrong, and it's not bull**** because it actually happened just like I said.

We're just frustrated that we're always pushed to play during inconvenient times where our main lineup can't play.

In other news... I've got a cold again and just sneezed all my boogers onto my monitor and keyboard. gg.
  9. RomaN_au

Scorch! said:
    Roman, this is how we do it: We post a thread and put down the number of slots. Whoever posts first gets in, otherwise you go to reserve.

Just because we may or may not get our better players into those slots does not mean we are excluding others. Our main players are on the forums more than others, and because of that they are likely to get in to matches. We have expressly said to our newer players in the past that if they feel they are missing out they should speak up.

You've just taken what I've said, misunderstood the point I was trying to make which I so clearly defined and then responded to it by talking about how KoS does things.

This is obviously going nowhere.

Speaking to KoS is like speaking to a brick wall that loves to gloat. Good day.
  10. RomaN_au

Venset said:
    Play with the members you got. Don't always pick the top players in your clan because obviously not all of them will be on, and It must make your other members feel crap never having to fight.

We could've said the exact same back to KoS when we were last organising it.
  11. RomaN_au

ACC1 said:
    RomaN_au said:
    I think the problem is that if a clan wanted to organise or discuss something with KoS, ACC1 generally has the final say regardless of his position in KoS only because he's the one with the server admin. There's no neutrality present and it feels like an uphill battle all the time.

For example, Direct tried to organise a date/time for a scrim some time last week and every other time we've played against KoS it has always been at times which were inconvenient for us but we still go ahead using our newer players. This time we wanted to have a time where our more regular lineup could play but no dice getting that point across to ACC1. If it doesn't work out his way then it's not going to go ahead at all.

It just becomes a massive headache. It is very frustrating and a complete waste of time and effort.

You mean the match where Direct picked, MAP, BOTH FACTIONS, DAY, CAV/ ARCHER LIMITS AND TIME @ 6pm and the only thing I said in return to all his conditions / decisions is lets move the time from 6-7. Yep Its my way or no way isnt it..
    Good one.

So it was canceled because of my 1 hour later suggestion even tho TGD selected everything else, THen you went on to have a scrim on the same day with another clan..

Dunno who told you, but you got told wrong OR maybe your just telling bull**** stories again.

I didn't even see this post till now.

The point I was trying to make was regarding the time often being incredibly inconvenient for us and ultimately the final decision does lie in your care. I couldn't care less for factions/map etc. If it's not your time then it doesn't go ahead... which it didn't and this is what I mean. The final decision is always yours to make and there is never any room for compromise. I wasn't told wrong, and it's not bull**** because it actually happened just like I said.

We're just frustrated that we're always pushed to play during inconvenient times where our main lineup can't play.

In other news... I've got a cold again and just sneezed all my boogers onto my monitor and keyboard. gg.
  12. RomaN_au

I said before:

It's just a friendly scrim. We're not playing for competition.
  13. RomaN_au

14. RomaN_au

Sushiman said:
    It's ACC, you honestly expect better?

Yes.
  15. RomaN_au

Permban sounds extreme for admin impersonation.

Joss tells me that thorn was being tked by another player. In response, thorn told the other player to stop and then said something along the lines that may have implied that he could be admin.

If that's true, given the circumstance... a permanent ban sounds ridiculous.
  16. RomaN_au

GD Oceanic Duel, 4rd Round Sat 23(8.30-9.30)|3nd Round Elim Sat 23(8.30-9.30)

My result against Bennieboy

13 - 4    RomaN win
Back
Top Bottom