Search results for query: *

1. Battery Acid

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

I heavily compressed all textures down to 25% of their original size, reducing the texture folder from 2.9GB to 300MB yet saw very little improvement during the initial loading. I have a mid-range laptop (with 6GB of RAM) that takes about 5 minutes to load the mod on 100% texture detail setting. I managed to shave off about a minute by reducing the texture detail down to 10%, regardless of whether the textures were compressed or not, so I assume the sheer amount of texturesheets needed to load is the main culprit in this case, not the sizes of textures. The compressed textures do allow me to disable "Load textures on demand" on 100% texture detail though. Reducing textures down to 25% of their size was quite overkill, so ~50-75% might've been better.
  2. Battery Acid

The Bezoar Amulet - Progress Report Thread

Personally I like the more simple animations of original M&B, however, I have many technical issues with it, all of which are fixed in Warband.
    Widescreen resolutions get narrower field of view than 4:3 ones, maximized windowed mode is unusable because the arrow escapes the window (to the second monitor) and doesn't disappear outside of menus. There's also a weird issue with camera movement during attacking. Regardless of the button the attack action is bound to, there is a momentary slowdown in camera movement speed the moment attack button is pressed. This is an issue that wasn't always present and appeared around 6 years ago. I haven't found any solution to this. Also the quality of life improvements which are not present in the original (ctrl+space etc).
    Also, either by glitch or it was intentional, you can enter your Warband CD-key to activate original M&B.

I loved playing this mod when I didn't have a multi-monitor widescreen setup but nowadays all the problems seriously bring down my willingness to play the original M&B.
  3. Battery Acid

[BUGS] Support Thread for v3.8+

Quite a few vanilla helmets in similar design do show facial hair though.
  4. Battery Acid

[BUGS] Support Thread for v3.8+

Cap & Chain Helm should show hair.

LpkhgVb.png
  5. Battery Acid

The Skin Poppet - Suggestions

Coachgun feels way too overpowered right now. It is readily available in stores for dirt cheap, having excellent accuracy, speed and damage. Even more, equipping two large bandoliers gives you a whopping 200 bullets. The regular flintlock pistol becomes even more useless as it already was. Maybe change the coachgun to a single shot musket and balance the stats to complement the already existing flintlock pistol. Later on in the game there are better weapons available, sure, but as it is there is no need to use any other weapon early on, as the coachgun simply destroys anything low-level.
    The weapon model itself feels very modern and a bit out of place as well.

Regarding the Skyclad, I love the idea behind the armor but it looks silly. It feels like I'm wearing glowing pyjamas, it's hard to mix and match this armor with anything.
  6. Battery Acid

I am in favor of adding level requirements for ranks. Leveling up in this mod is already fast, as you have a lot of parties roaming around. Powerful armor and weapons aren't hard to acquire either.
  7. Battery Acid

Prophesy of Pendor 3.705 Bug and Support Thread (Ask all of your questions here)

Synelor said:
    Literally 10 min ago I looked at all the .dds banners and opened them in .png, they all have the same quality, I know the low res ones you mention, but I have not seen them at all. Unless they change quality ingame, at least in .dds/.png format they are the same quality.
    You obviously don't get it what I mean by having a consistent artstyle so I'm going to cut it here. Otherwise I feel like at this point I need to bring up comparison shots and I'm not going to do that.
  8. Battery Acid

Prophesy of Pendor 3.705 Bug and Support Thread (Ask all of your questions here)

Lenthal said:
    Hmm, sorry to say but that WAS the case with old versions, however if you look at all the "banners_x" (x being a-g) they're all the same quality, the only low res ones would be vanilla ones, but neither of them are in it. You should check the files "banners_x.dds" just change .dds to .png and you can view them easily (not edit them I think).

There absolutely are vanilla banners included in the mod. If you don't see the differences, you're frankly blind. A lot of them have low quality images slapped on them, most of them misaligned and cut off at the edges. Some banners have different cloth backgrounds (some have a cheap photoshop filter slapped on them). Major JPG artifacts all over the place. The roman legion banners are really out of place, the ripped banner is also really weird. I could go on and on.
    As I said, the aesthetics all over the place.

Don't get me wrong, banners are not vital to the gameplay whatsoever but with the new UI and items we got in this patch, I expected the banner department to get some love. If you want an example, ACoK has a really consistent artstyle across the board (items, UI, banners, you name it). Cozur does pay for his art guy though.
  9. Battery Acid

Banner quality is all over the place. I wish more attention was given to them like the new items had. There are some good high quality ones mixed with very blurry and low quality ones. Overall, it's a mish-mash of various banners from wherever. Someone should take up the task of re-making all banners in a consistent style.
    It is also really annoying when banners overlap with each other, creating miscolored lines on the edges.
  10. Battery Acid

Noldor Rune Armor has both the new and old mesh fused together.
  11. Battery Acid

The Training Dummy - Discoveries (WARNING: SPOILERS!)

It is free. Below the membership choices is the option "Create Account".
    Next time try reading.
  12. Battery Acid

The Philosopher Stone - Report Bugs Here

Evil faction troop training quest is very exploitable. Filth does not belong in any troop tree, so if a lord ask to train x amount of Filth, they give Filth as fresh recruits.
  13. Battery Acid

Twitch.Tv Channel

I have Windows 10 and there are no problems on my end.
  14. Battery Acid

The Ghost Machine - Poll: What Are You?

Okay, that's pretty edgy, calm down there Billy.  :lol:
  15. Battery Acid

The Training Dummy - Discoveries (WARNING: SPOILERS!)

I did non-stop graverobbing/performing for 80 days until I got the Red Death set and in that time I amassed 30k denars, 7 diamonds, 7 gold bars and numerous silver bars. Pretty good haul, if I may say so myself! :lol:

How is the total graverobbing amount calculated? Is every "Got item" a separate grave count or is for example three simultaneous "Got item"-s a single grave?
  16. Battery Acid

The Legion Drum - Post Screenshots and Gameplay Videos Here

No cheating, that's the funny thing. I did level up pretty rapidly though.
  17. Battery Acid

The Philosopher Stone - Report Bugs Here

Script errors after losing a tournament.

6iInOey.jpg
  18. Battery Acid

The Legion Drum - Post Screenshots and Gameplay Videos Here

eJ76r1V.jpg
    rmtlOEA.jpg
    ex2JRw5.jpg

You came to the wrong neighborhood, motherf*cker!
  19. Battery Acid

Undead skin is technically just armor. Hope your immersion isn't ruined.
  20. Battery Acid

Have a great birthday N0ught! Can't wait to explore all these new diabolical features!
Back
Top Bottom