Search results for query: *

1. Valdarr

SP Native TML Tweaks Mod - various fixes and tweaks. Fully configurable. For 1.5.4

As of todays update to the 1.3.0 branch I get an error when loading this mod.
    I didn't notice the update, so I had been thinking the mods I installed yesterday and which worked fine had some sort of compatibility problem...

The Issue the Fixed Launcher Mod gives me is this:

Failed to load Assemly
    A mod assembly "TMLMod, Version=0.2.3.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=null" caused a problem while loading types, likely because is references types or assemblies that are not present.

Maybe that helps find the problem.
    Btw, thanks for the Mod, it's great and works well even with other, smaller mods. I've been using it for about half my total game time and I honestly don't want to go without it anymore.
    Cheers,
    Valdarr
  2. Valdarr

Sword of Damocles Warlords 3.0 Beta - Bugs, Problems, and Improvements Thread

bugs:
    got some messages that my relation with several lords lowered from 0 to -3/-4 at day 4 without ever seeing them before. The lords all had in common that they werent in the realm anymore.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The lagging on the map isnt fixed completely, its much better than before, but it lags frequently even now.

Another thing i experienced is, that its much too easy to get money. Im at day 6, level 4 and i got 200.000 after winning 3 tournaments with ease.

In those tournaments, there are sometimes spawns that have the equipment you get when you infiltrate an enemys city: they got a staff (which fits a tournament in its blunt-damage-way) and the throwing knives which dont belong there.

An Improvement i would see would be to either drop the native factions (nords, veagirs etc.) or to make the map itself a bit smaller. I think those old factions disturbe the ambience a bit and i would like to see a world with only the mods own factions. And if the map was cut a bit smaller that could help with the lags and you as a player would be so struck by the overly large map.
  3. Valdarr

SOD Warlords - Suggestions & Discussions Thread

I know from some other mod that the cause for lagging there were too much parties on the map, so i figuered it could be the same problem here too, and than cutting the map short could reduce the laggs, if you know the cause however, i will look forward to a lagfree playingexperience ^^
  4. Valdarr

Nations Cup 2011; Team Deutschland

Momentan an der Uni zu viel zu tun, und das trotz vorlesungsfreier zeit ^^

vllt komm ich mal zu nem training vorbei, aber kA ob ich das schaffe
  5. Valdarr

Nations Cup 2011; Team Deutschland

Man kennt ja sogar noch welche von der liste, vom alten team scheint aber leider nicht mehr ganz so viel übring geblieben zu sein ^^

Macht uns stolz und holt den titel!

mfg
    lazy Magister Valdarr aka nekid berzerker
  6. Valdarr

SOD Warlords - Suggestions & Discussions Thread

You should cup the whole map in half, its seriously lagging most of the time, and i really done have a bad pc.
    That lagging is mostly the reason i stopped playing, even thought i loved it in the old m&B.

Even half the towns/castles/villages per faction will be plenty, especially with so many factions. This would cut down the partys on the map and that should reduce the lagging to nothing.

Another thing i would find quite interesting would be to make the legion bigger than the other factions but not really liked by any. There can be some serious balancing problems with that, so i dont know if that is possible. Since whenever i see the legion, i always have to think of them as some expansive force, trying to gobble up all the other factions (like we know from good old m&B).

Btw. if those things were spoken and discarded of before, than im sorry to bring them up again, but i havent played warband in half a year and just came back looking for some mods to kill some time. I hope you can imagine how happy i was to see the port of one of the greatest mods ever ^^
  7. Valdarr

The Testing Thread

The "Goods Merchant" is called "horse merchant" when you press on him in the "marketplace"-screen. He even sells some horses, most of the time it seems to be 4.
  8. Valdarr

The Testing Thread

Korgoth said:
    I did what?

I'm sorry but this must of been a mistake. I don't know what I must of done? All I did was move the folder from the dropbox into my modules folder? Has something ****ed up?

Valdarr said:
    And btw you shouldnt be so worked up when something goes wrong with some programms that nobody knows. Most mistakes happen not because it was done with bad intentions. Everyone makes mistakes and you shouldnt be so quick to blame and threaten someone that does those.

Did you cut the foulders from the dropbox into your modules? or did you copy them? When you cut them out, than that was the reason why it disappeard for everyone else. Most likely because the dropbox-foulder on your pc is connected to all other foulders, so with cutting everything out of that foulder, even the one on the webside wont have the files in it anymore.

Best thing seems to be just to copy everything in that dropbow foulder but never to change anything in it.
  9. Valdarr

The Testing Thread

I already started as a men of france, because if thought england wouldnt be too big and i could take over it fast ^^
    So the files in the dropbox should be the files i can play with, the 0.5 version

Only strange thing i notice was that the "Balanced Saranid Guard Sword" was ingame, maybe thats because of some strange files or it was simply forgotten.
  10. Valdarr

The Testing Thread

Cruger said:
    I come home, log on.. See I have 10 new PMs (most I've ever had after being offline less than 24 hours), go in, and everything got "Dropbox" in its title :smile:

First of all, Valdarr is a good guy, the log Diab sent me showed that Tomkeaney (Korgoth here on TW) has deleted the files while 1 2 (Valdarr) restored them, I'll kick Korgoth, and he ain't likely to be invited again. And also, huge thanks to Valdarr for solving, not causing the problems :wink:

Can anyone confirm that the problems are solved now? Or do I have to upload the entire thing again?

Everythings there, at least for me.
    And im glad that it wasnt my fault in the end. When i realiced something was wrong at midnight, i got my all into it to fix it again, which seemed to have worked ^^
    And it would be really great if somebody could explain the whole dropbox thing, especially when there might come new testers that dont know it, the same problems could appear again.
  11. Valdarr

The Testing Thread

As i said, i already send Cruger some pm´s about this programm and the mistakes i did yesterday, which i corrected in the end.

It was a mistake because dropbox is quite a crappy programm when you thing about userfriendlyness.

As it happened, i downloaded it yesterday evening, while cruger was doing the upload meantime. Some hours later i realiced that it wasnt loading anymore, while the "textures" and "resources" foulder wasnt completed. Since i thought everything was normally downloaded to my computer, like it is normal, i deleated those two ordner to being able to download it again. Before i tryed to download them again, since they werent completed, but it just got the files i already had into the europe-foulder, not the europe0.5. After that didnt work, i deleated the ones in my dropbox ordner because i thought than it would download them again. This got the uncomplete files to get into the position of the complete files, it seems. That would be the case why there were only certain files deleated. Since that didnt work obviously, so i got the whole europe0.5 foulder in my trash.
    After realising, that it not only deleated the foulder on my pc, but even those in the dropbox for everyone, i got my foulder back and disabled the deleating, like you can do it on the webside, like i did now a second time.
    After that, i downloaded the two foulder a second time, and after getting them, copied them into warband and tryed them out. Since the game works for me now, everyone that has problems just has to download it again.

Sorry for the truble i seem to have caused you, but i thought since it was pretty late, i was the only one downloading it and since it seemed to work at the end, i thought everyone that would download it today, would have no problems.

This doesnt make me the culprit of deleating the whole ordner, like Revan Shan said. After realising what that programm actually does, i didnt touch it again.

Whoever had the idea for this should have made a little guideline, because its not a programm that acts like you are used to.
  12. Valdarr

The Testing Thread

I already send cruger some pm´s about what happened yesterday.
    As far as i understand this programm, i should have disabled all the things i did wrong. The version that i downloaded yesterday at 1 german time is a working version.

I had no idea what happened, when i deleated files that were obviously on my own pc. Thats why i dont like such random programms, but as was said, i got all the seemingly deleated files back into the foulder.

And btw you shouldnt be so worked up when something goes wrong with some programms that nobody knows. Most mistakes happen not because it was done with bad intentions. Everyone makes mistakes and you shouldnt be so quick to blame and threaten someone that does those.

Edit: Not sure but i might not have been my failure, since when i got to bed yesterday, all the right files where in the foulder, today after starting the pc, i got the message of some files that got deleated, but i didnt pay attention to it. Might have been that someone cut the files out after downloading it, rather that just copy them.
    Btw. it should be possible to enable "View deleated files" to select the "europe 0.5"-foulder again and disable the deletion.

Edit: Everything should be back now, try it out.
  13. Valdarr

Roleplaying Mode (cRPG) das beste Mod meiner Meinung nach:-)

Zottel said:
    Naja das Loserteam habe ich nicht überprüft, hat mich auch nicht so sehr interessiert....
    Also eigentlich dachte ich bis zu deiner Antwort die Lösung gefunden zu haben. Ich hab das jetzt ne ganze Weile beobachtet und war der Meinung, dass wenn man sich im Winnerteam befinden und nicht stirbt, man immer so ziemlich genau 90% bekommt und wenn man stirbt bekommt man zwischen 80 und 83%.
    Also das was du gesagt hast konnte ich eigentlich bisher nicht beobachten. Aber ich kann mich ja auch täuschen, gestern dachte ich ja noch, wenn man bis zum Schluss überlebt bekommt man 100% :grin:
    Ehm, meinst du ich könnte chadz mal anschreiben um mal genauer nachzufragen oder stehen die Chancen da eher schlecht eine Antwort zu bekommen?
    Die Guids sollten in dem Punkt aber schon überarbeitet werden, man ist Anfangs doch sehr verwirrt.

Das was ich gesagt habe, habe ich genauso von chadz übernommen, wie der es erklärt hat, als er diese Art der %-Gewinne eingeführt hat. Es sollte also korrekt sein, da ich nicht glaube, dass er das nochmal großartig verändert hat.
  14. Valdarr

Roleplaying Mode (cRPG) das beste Mod meiner Meinung nach:-)

Je weniger deines teams am ende der runde noch leben, desdo weniger % deiner exp/gold bekommst du.
    Das kann bis zu 80 oder 81% fürs winnerteam runter gehen, wenn nurnoch einer des teams überlebt hat.
    Das was das winnerteam an % verliert, bekommt das loserteam, sodass es dann sogar "sinn" macht, auch wenn man sieht, dass man verliert, noch so viele gegner wie möglich zu töten.

zumindest als ich noch gespielt habe, stimmten auch die 25% für loserteam nicht und chadz meinte, das wäre nicht zu ändern. Kann also gut sein, dass man als loserteam immernoch die ~12.5% bekommt und da halt die % drauf, die das winnerteam verloren hat.
  15. Valdarr

Best clan in M&BW

Kazzan said:
    Irc is pretty awesome, they've got so many great fellas. CoR is also andother good clan, same with ZHG, though they are mainly archer. nK was good, atleast they were pretty good fighters back in beta. 22nd has alot of good players, but some of them are a bit... Some of them has anger problems. Others are cool.

Dunno, I might vote IRC for their awesome level, CoR has roughly the same awesomness level. (By the way, I'm not talking about who is the best clan at playing, I'm talking about the members. Irc has alot of modders, so do CoR, so it'd be a tough match.) But I guess IRC would win, they have Yoshiboy and Highelf.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,132.0.html
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,123173.0.html

Dont forget them, they are great modder too, and we even got some more of those in IG ^^
  16. Valdarr

The Testing Thread

I know that you are not supposed to get gold for the first 2 answers, but at the moment, you get nothing for them, not even reknown or honour. So they litterally are useless and only the 3. answer is useful for the player.

Yes, i started there, but i never had this happening when i started somewhere else, i really think that the sea is the problem for it, since most lords dont go onto it. You only see them there when they run away from someone other or when they get to some town/castle/village but than they dont really try to hunt some bandits down.

Yeah, that suggestion was actually to make a new scene and make it like in native, where some bandit-hideouts appear randomly on the map and you even get a quest to destroy them sometimes. Of course i know that it is much work and could only be done when everything else is done and you got nothing else to do ^^
    But since you said you wanted to hear some suggestions, i thought i would just mention it, since i like the shipfights and would like to see some more "similar" things. And it would give you some reason to actually travel throught the sea and hunt some of those bandits swarming there (even thought that doesnt seem to be possible) xD
  17. Valdarr

The Testing Thread

Cruger said:
    Have any of the testers tried the unique quest I made for Aragon, and the quest I made for orders yet? Any problems with or is it working just perfect?

The first and second answer give you nothing. When you choose the first answer i thought i might get to be the master of the order, but i got nothing except some freindpoints for the king. Second answer gives you no big reknown or honour, only the friendspoints you get for the first answer too. Only the third answer is working, you get your 15000 gold.
    Not sure but for the 3. answer it says i got honour too, but it seems i didnt get it in the end, i will test that again. <--doesnt seem to be the case, my bad.
    After you finish the quest and speak with the King again, you sometimes get a strange error and when you finish your conversation, you get a screen like when you attack someone:

some of the time you get some "Tournament 0/1/2" messages on the worldmap. Even when you are not in a tournament-team.
    Barcelona has serious problems with bandits. Every quest from the guildmaster is a "Destroy that one bandit group that attacked a carawan" This quest comes back like every two days ingame. After completing the quest, i can go to another town, ask in the Tavern and there they say "There is a reward in Barcelona for some bandits". Could be a problem because its directly located at the sea, since most lords dont go bandit-hunting there, so bandits they can "multiply" like they want. A problem for the player is that you cant choose some random point in the sea to go to, you can only cross the sea when you have a location or group to select, so you cant "patrol" those sea-areas. Makes it hard to actually find those bandits in the quest.

When you make a siege and get the "ready your troops to attack" thing where you have to wait 12 hours, no enemy will attack you. its like they dont see you. I was sieging a castle for the quest above and there came a big warparty from the enemy, but they just ignored me. And when the 12 hours are over, you dont the the normal message like "Attack/wait for a day/retreat" you are just on the worldmap "waiting". You can even run away a bit from the castle and wen you come back, you have the chance to attack the castle without waiting. No idea how far/long you can go from the castle, i think i will try that out later.

A suggestion i would like to see implemented would be some searaider-islands. Like the bandit-hideouts in the first merchant-quest, they could appear somewhere in the sea and spawn searaider-partys. When you attack them, you see a smal island with a harbour where your ship is located and than you attack the harbour like in a siege when the defenders sally out. When you defeat them, you get another scene where you are in the harbour and attack the real hideout, some little fortress with a couple of ladders to get in.
  18. Valdarr

The Testing Thread

"Horse merchant" seems to be bugged. There were things from the "goods merchant" in his window and whenever i opened the Horse merchant window again, there were different horses every time. Even thought i didnt even go out of the town.
    Tested it and its true for every merchant, every time you look at them, they sell different items, even thought no time passed ingame.
    Happened in Toledo.
    The problem with the "horse merchant" having items from the "goods merchant" seems to happen sometimes when you guy something from the "goods merchant" and after that switch to the "horse merchant". Doesnt happen all the time.

Some heros say [No secondary moral code] some of the time, they either seem to complain or complement you, as my charakters answers seem to imply

When you "buy" some heros in the Tavern, at the end you have a blank side and your answer is either "." or "Cant pay that". Only when you press "." you see the amount they wanted from you. Beatrijs for example, saw it for more, thought.

Sometimes Heros complain about one of your other heros, but your answers have a different name than the one the hero is talking about.

Cant use the "N" and "M" keys when are out cold in battle.
  19. Valdarr

The Testing Thread

Error Message+Spam of Messages for Bleading+weaponbreak:

Enabling Manpower gives you scriptmessages weather or not the lord changes faction.
  20. Valdarr

The Testing Thread

Cruger said:
    Btw, Valdarr, the thing about sharing experience in your own party, even if there is no members also happened in Native.

Didnt realice that, didnt play much native and the last time was directly after the release. And i never really ran around without troops, so that was the first time is saw such a message and found it really strange.

Looking forward to the patch, the longer i play, the better it gets =D
Back
Top Bottom