Search results for query: *

1. Darkath

Playerbase shrinking rapidly -10% in the last month

those numbers are like this because there has not been a significant update since release, but a lot of micro updates which alone are not enough to draw player back in. Talesworld should batch the content and features into major patches, and focus the minor releases on balance and bugfixes. It would probably less tiresome to beta test (we don't need to beta test every single minor release...)
  2. Darkath

Map screenshots of all my campain

Apart from the khuzait bonus, other stuff is also quite obvious, like Aserai and Sturgia never being able to take cities from khuzait, mostly because they are too weak on the eastern side and need to bring armies from the other side of map.
    I think the faction setup is badly designed in that aspect, because aserai and sturgia are stretched too thin, while all other factions are compact.
  3. Darkath

Map screenshots of all my campain

You should indicate the date on each one so we can have idea how it played out.

That last screenshot look very dire with only 3 factions left.
  4. Darkath

Buff the spear and pikes!

In craftingpieces.xsd there is an optional center_of_mass parameter :

XML:
     <xs:element name="CraftingPieces">
        <xs:complexType>
          <xs:sequence>
            <xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded" name="CraftingPiece">
              <xs:complexType>
                <xs:sequence>
                  [...]
                </xs:sequence>
                <xs:attribute name="id" type="xs:string" use="required" />
                <xs:attribute name="name" type="xs:string" use="required" />
                <xs:attribute name="piece_type" type="xs:string" use="required" />
                <xs:attribute name="mesh" type="xs:string" use="required" />
                <xs:attribute name="culture" type="xs:string" use="optional" />
                <xs:attribute name="length" type="xs:decimal" use="optional" />
                <xs:attribute name="distance_to_next_piece" type="xs:decimal" use="optional" />
                <xs:attribute name="distance_to_previous_piece" type="xs:decimal" use="optional" />
                <xs:attribute name="weight" type="xs:decimal" use="required" />
                <xs:attribute name="appearance" type="xs:decimal" use="optional" />
                <xs:attribute name="center_of_mass" type="xs:decimal" use="optional" />
                <xs:attribute name="full_scale" type="xs:string" use="optional" />
                <xs:attribute name="tier" type="xs:string" use="optional" />
                <xs:attribute name="is_default" type="xs:boolean" use="optional" />
                <xs:attribute name="is_hidden" type="xs:boolean" use="optional" />
                <xs:attribute name="required_skill_value" type="xs:unsignedInt" use="optional" />
                <xs:attribute name="item_holster_pos_shift" type="xs:string" use="optional" />
                <xs:attribute name="excluded_item_usage_features" type="xs:string" use="optional" />
                <xs:attribute name="CraftingCost" type="xs:decimal" use="optional" />
              </xs:complexType>

But if you go to the actual file for the weapons and crafting piece definition it does not appear to be used :

weapons.xml
    XML:
      <CraftedItem id="khuzait_polearm_1_t4" name="{=6hwZwODh}Glaive" crafting_template="TwoHandedPolearm" culture="Culture.khuzait">
        <Pieces>
          <Piece id="spear_blade_19" Type="Blade" scale_factor="100" />
          <Piece id="default_polearm_guard" Type="Guard" scale_factor="100" />
          <Piece id="spear_handle_15" Type="Handle" scale_factor="100" />
          <Piece id="default_polearm_pommel" Type="Pommel" scale_factor="100" />
        </Pieces>
      </CraftedItem>

crafting_pieces.xml
    XML:
    <CraftingPiece id="spear_blade_19" name="{=OBeOZ27b}Glaive Head" tier="4" piece_type="Blade" mesh="spear_blade_19" length="37.4" weight="0.4408">
        <PieceUsages unavailable_usages="" />
        <BladeData stack_amount="3" physics_material="wood_weapon" body_name="bo_spear_b">
          <Thrust damage_type="Pierce" damage_factor="1.7" />
          <Swing damage_type="Cut" damage_factor="3.8" />
        </BladeData>
        <Materials>
          <Material id="Iron4" count="1" />
        </Materials>
      </CraftingPiece>

Maybe i'm looking at the wrong files though.
  5. Darkath

I just don't get TW priorities.

By plate I assume you mean the scale armors, and sure, lacerations should be the least effective type of damage against pretty much anything made of metal, but then, if you do that, you are going to see people complaining that swords are no longer effective because they have this hollywood idea that swords would cut through everything.

As i said in many threads, a sword is useful against all kind of opponents because you can also thrust it though armor. If TW made thrusting/piercing weapons worthwile compared to swing, it wouldn't be an issue to nerf swing/cut damage.

This is also why a sword with a tapered blade (wider at the bottom, narrow near the tip) was more and more favored through the middle ages. So you could use it in a chopping motion without breaking it (wide base) as well as thrust it trough chainmail/plate armor.

Given chainmail was not very widespread in 11th century swords designed at that time were still mostly made for chopping, but as you progress through the middle ages, the swords become more and more designed to pierce armor in a thrusting motion (by the 14th-15th century most swords were designed to pierce through the gaps of plate armor rather than try to cut through it).
  6. Darkath

Ok, so why the hell does the glaive do so much dmg than? The power of the hit will spread through the glaive because it's center of mass is the whole length of the spear blade, as where by axes and hammers the power will be more centered, with even more weight(except the halberts/voulge) . I never saw a wood chopper with a glaive to cut a wood piece in half.

I don't know how momentum for damage is calculated in the game i don't think they calculate the center of mass i think it's mostly a speed/weight/length factor.
    As far as glaive are concerned it's mostly because the raw 2-H swing damage output of the glaive is already so damn high, if you add the speed factor it becomes ridiculous : Glaive deals around 150 raw 2H Swing Damage. If you add speed calculation it soon become around 200 if you're on foot and 300-400 on a fast horse. NPCs don't have more than 150hp so even with their armor you're likely to one shot everyone.
    For comparison, the best 2H Swords and Axes don't do more than 120 2H raw swing damage.
  7. Darkath

Still cant defend castles ever

At the end of August / 2020 we did some small adjustment (50% of player's army / party strength is added to defender strength) to increase occurance of player's defender side sieges.

kQgap.png

However I checked code and it is placed wrong place, this 50% effect is at defensive calculations only means if your faction come to defence they will calculate player power 50% less means they will come defence even you are there - so this addition's effect is not increasing player's defender side sieges but reducing. It will be fixed with next hotfix. For example if you join defender side with 200 people AI will calculate this as 100 people. So they will not give up as easy as old days. Still they will give up if you enter settlement with huge power. I know this is not best solution but at least you will have a bit more defensive side sieges. I will continue thinking about better developments.

By the way if we make game more realistic and if player should pass 15-20 days outside to take a settlement (if we make preperation / siege equipment build time 10x longer and settlement advantage 2x) it will be a boring mechanic for player. Also AI will collect all their parties until this time ends and most cases attacker side will end up with a field battle defeat by around defenders. It can be ok for kingdoms then there will be less successful sieges but what will player do? How can player take his first / second / third settlement for his kingdom in this case? Also this will not solve your main problem. Still when you enter settlement they will give up if inside settlement power x settlement advantage is more than besiegers. Then armies will too much giving up besieging and changing target this is also boring for player when he is member of an army. I understand too much successful sieges are also problem but other ways have their own problems too.

One thing you can do is when AI is close to run out of food, evaluate whether it should try assault or break the siege (i think in most case if the AI thought the army was enough to take a castle, it should try to assault even though the conditions are not optimal, especially if the player is there). Far too often the AI just give up or disintegrate, even though they have superiority because they ran out of food.

As for aquiring the first castle, one thing that would make the game much smoother in that aspect is make clan parties usable for siege before you get a kingdom (ex : ask another party to follow you), this would allow the player to get a 200-400 men strong force without too much trouble (if he has the money to fund it) to take a castle.
  8. Darkath

Creating your own unique troops for clans

It can be done right now with XML files, but that is it.

Has anyone played Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes? I'd love to see something similar in Bannerlord.

this game is horrible to be honest, better to forget it.
  9. Darkath

Earnings Nerfed too hard?

In 1.5.5 the workshop income went back to normal, like ~200-300 per workshop if i set them in peaceful, rich city (in my current game Ortysia en Jalmarys, deeps into the Empire, never conquered by anyone). In 1.5.4 income from the same workshop was very low (0-100).
  10. Darkath

Oh you so sitting on a ladder and one shot people from an distance doesnt count ? :wink: Also i didnt knew glaive had more mass in steel then an axe. Thought more mass more impact but im prob wrong what i read about physics

You will get more momentum with an heavier object but if it's a perfectly balanced the difference wont be huge (of course an all steel stick will hurt more than a wooden stick but there's a reason why it's not really a valid war weapon).
    Maces, Axes, and a number of polearm use an imbalanced design on purpose. By having all the weight concentrated on top of a lighter shaft, you increase the momentum exponentially from the added weight, hence increase the force of impact much more drastically than with a balanced weapon. The force will also increase to the length of the stick, giving the heavy mass more time to travel and pick up speed.
    Something to do with centrifugal forces probably (but that's where my high school physics knowledge ends)

Anyway what matters more is not so much the total mass of a weapon, but also where is the center of its mass. A glaive or spear with a long blade will have a lower center of mass because of the blade shape (long) and the fact the weight is more evenly distributed along the length of the weapon. A hammer or an axe will have all the weight concentrated to the top which will bring its center of mass to the top (or very close). High center of mass means more momentum when swung around, at the expense of handling (you will need as much more strength to lift the mass up again)

For a sword the center of mass will be closer to the hand or further up the blade depending if you want to thrust with it or slash with it (that's why the design of the pummel and guard matters, as they serve as counterweights to the blade, typically a gladius made for chopping half-naked celts will have a higher center of weight than the medieval broadsword made for thrusting into chainmail)
  11. Darkath

I personally would like an option to go back to the old order menu

I can't say I know all of the game ui's you're presenting. But I do know several of them and the game pauses when accessing it. The biggest issue I have with the new radial menu is that it's in your face and blocks the screen and even a few seconds interference at the wrong time can get you killed.

There's no need for all those other games. When you give orders in bannerlord you can't pause and you need to "aim" your order, so you shouldn't obscure the view in the screen.
    So rather than have a perfect circle in the middle of the screen they can just spread out the icons to the side. You get the same functionality (usable with a console pad) but you don't needlessly obscure the view.

Here i give 10 locations for order but you don't need that many, 6 or 8 locations would be enough (freeing the lower part of the screen which is already busy with the log and health bar). The point is we have wide screen, and the top of the screen is already used by the troop cards, a perfect circle will always be to small and end up obscuring the view because the available screen real estate is to small in height. Making the radial menu more like an ellipse solve the issue and take advantage of our wide screens.
    image.png

Forgive the low quality, i was too lazy to run the game to take a screenshot myself.
  12. Darkath

How Active are you in Bannerlord?

Sturgia needs at least 2 more clans, at least one more city and one more castle (which would give them 5 more towns to recruit from, and beef up their armies) before it can be competitive. And a damn bridge between Nevyansk and Revyl. Owning Nevyansk i saw 20 villagers go the long way to Revyl to sell their produce... The area around Tyal should be especially beefed up because how quickly it falls.
  13. Darkath

That is because hardly any troops use Blunt damage, but you as the player who wants to play with those weapons becomes an unstoppable killing machine

Now they gave vlandian recruits one handed maces instead of polearms (1.5.5), but i didn't test how they'd fare against high level troops
  14. Darkath

If you believe their glassdoor reviews, it seems they have no overarching plans, design direction and project planning, so it's up to bold individuals to drive the development of the game with good suggestions and working demos, as long the bosses like them.

With limited community management, it also seems it's up to each individual developpers to read through the forums to see the suggestions.
    My guess is that the guy designing units understood the armor issue and tried to fix it at his level, but the guy coding the armor/damage calculations think everything's fine.

The result we get updates in patchwork from different areas with each department kinda ... improvising ?
  15. Darkath

Creating your own unique troops for clans

First they could make it so it's possible to get minor clans troops, like giving those clans a hideout on the map which refills with troops (and NPCs should they die in battle) in a limited way (to keep them as elite bonus troops). If the player has good enough relations, with the clan they could go their to hire those troops.

Then a similar feature could be introduced for the player : Build your own "hideout" (like in Viking Conquest i think) where you would be able to hire your own designed troops with a three tier system (like for other minor clans). I think having a whole player made culture (which is like 18 different troops) in vanilla would be too far fetched and also cumbersome (18 troops to design individually ...)

Building the hideout and creating/updating the personal troop tree should bear a significant cost (in the 100k range for each) and you would need to provide 1 unit of each armor/weapon you intend to use for your troops (so you can't give them warlord armor if you can't afford warlord armor yourself). Each tier would only be able to use a limited budget as suggested before.
  16. Darkath

Positions and priorities of defending troops in sieges

As a player i tried to drop rocks but it's pretty wonky, because instead of dropping the rock, you actually throw them, and they explode on the side walls rather than hitting anyone. It's pretty difficult to get it right, i wonder if the AI can do it properly
  17. Darkath

Changes in Leadership perks on the 1.5.5 beta branch.

Is mexxico the new community manager now ? :grin:
  18. Darkath

Glaive weaponry is OP atm change my mind

Still doing 3 digits damage on foot and on horseback in 1.5.5
  19. Darkath

idk i seem to ahev it by deafualt and use keyboard and mosue
    Yeah happened to me too.
  20. Darkath

I thought that was a bug to be honest. Shouldn't the radial menu only appear if you have a controller ?
Back
Top Bottom