Search results for query: *

1. Grimnarsson

Help... my wife won't die

Funniest title ever!
  2. Grimnarsson

An Open Letter to TaleWorlds from the Kingdoms of Arda team, and the Total-Conversion Mod Community about our concerns and frustrations with Bannerlor

As much as I love the Mount&Blade franchise the vanilla sandbox always got stale and boring after a short while. Yet I always came back because there was some new mod with a brand new setting, new map, new armours and sometimes new mechanics. At this point all I hope for is that the base game will be a solid base for modders to expand upon and take to new places as I've seen enough of Calradia.
  3. Grimnarsson

SP Native swadian helmets

They look great and are working great!
  4. Grimnarsson

How much time do you think its going to take TW to acknowledge this game is boring and repetitive?

The main reason why I'm into this game is the mods. The vanilla M&B and Warband were great, but the long term was all about the mods. And the original was a long work in progress that took time, and that process was far more crude than this one. I've gotten a few games worth of quality playtime in Bannerlord already and we aren't even shooting muskets at eachother in MP yet, which I fully expect to do someday.
  5. Grimnarsson

after 550 hours of multiplayer, I uninstalled

Go into a stasis chamber for 6 months, maybe a year, then come back :smile:
  6. Grimnarsson

Beta Branch Servers

I don't understand. Is it possible to play MP in the beta branch or not?
  7. Grimnarsson

character models and animations critiques

Exposed necks are definitely immersion breaking for me, were in Warband and are in Bannerlord. Thankfully you can work around that a bit with various combinations of coifs, hoods, hair and beard but some helmets are just unusable for me. I know it's a minor issue and it bothers be way more than it should :razz:
  8. Grimnarsson

What do you want Bannerlord to be?

I'd like a solid sandbox and core gameplay, not necessarily much more elaborate than Warband, that can be built and expanded upon by the modding community. And I think we'll get that!
  9. Grimnarsson

Bug with formation

I've too noticed that the formation resets for companions every now and then but I didn't make the connection with them being wounded. I think it happens also when they return from a mission.
  10. Grimnarsson

Ships?

I hope they'll get added, even being able to travel from one coastal city to another through menus would be nice. Ideally there should be trade along the waterways.
  11. Grimnarsson

MP Native Kingdoms [Persistent Kingdoms Successor]

I'd expect a mod called 'Landsknecht' to have a lot to do with pike&shot era. Not that it's any of my business, I'll definitely be following your progress no matter the name :smile:
  12. Grimnarsson

This time last week we were all excited

It is early access and I'm having a great time playing it already. I'm encouraged by the daily patches and I expect once there's longer term stability the modding community is going to get at it too. Taleworlds delivered.
  13. Grimnarsson

Some mechanics breaking the single player

No! The only thing missing from the horse mechanic is that they don't consume food! With a bigger army food always runs out fast anyway so having horses consume food additionally really will make you think twice about literally having hundreds of them.

That's a very good point! That horses consume food should definitely be added as a game mechanic. As it is, there doesn't seem to be any downside to having an unrealistic number of horses and mules in an army. There should be some kind of diminishing returns from having horses as they need to be controlled by humans and they need to be fed as well.
  14. Grimnarsson

Give away 30th march

I would like to try my luck :smile:

Very generous of you in any case!
  15. Grimnarsson

Interesting facts you know about medieval warfare?

Ok, how about this: every knight was a man at arms, but not every man at arms was a knight. But one could not tell apart the noble men at arms from the non-noble men at arms except by their heraldry. And peasent levies? That's fiction, if an army had a large portion of poorly armed peasants then it was a peasant uprising, and even they would be well armed and led by nobles. The last medieval peasant uprising in Europe was in Finland, called a "club war", but it turns out they were led by rich estate owners and equipped with plate armour, arbalests, cannons and the works.
  16. Grimnarsson

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=403_1347969287 :Guys in plate armour frolicking about. Demonstrating mobility while wearing plate. Hobbyist re-creations of 15th century fighting manuals for the moves I guess.

The thing about weight distribution is not about technology, but about how the weight is somewhat more uniformly distributed around your body, rather than having a combat belt (full of magazines, a shovel, water, rations, grenades, anti-armour mines if you're unlucky, LAWs, extra ammunition for the gunner etc...)  and a shrapnel jacket that puts all the weight on your shoulders and your waist. And whatever weapon you have is always going to weigh more than any sword or pole arm.
  17. Grimnarsson

Rpground said:
    heavy armors were actually VERY hard and cumbersome to move and fight in. it required both high strength and high endurance. not to mention falling in one of these made it near impossible to get up no matter how strong you were. this was why everyone wasnt running around in a set of full plate,not to mention how expensive it was on top of that.

From what I've heard a medieval soldier armoured from head to toe would still be carrying less weight than a modern infantry man, and the medieval soldier would have his burden better distributed. It varies of course by what type of armour he is wearing, but especially later full plate armours could be fairly light, and made in such a way as to allow very much freedom of movement.

All in all, the equipment was lighter than we usually think, but of course swinging a sword that weighs not much more than a kilogram gets tiring more quickly than we expect also.
  18. Grimnarsson

Shameful Actions

Jhessail said:
    Also, having to deport the Ingrians, Estonians, Karelians and Russians who joined Finnish Army during WW2 to Soviet Union after the war - true, about half of them "disappeared" from the trains but half were sent to a certain death.

My Ingrian grandmother was one of those who managed to stay. Another thing one might add to the list is the Finnish military administration of the Karelian SSR during the Continuation War as something that was at least questionable.
  19. Grimnarsson

Presidentinvaalit 2012

Comrade Temuzu said:
    Jos voisin äänestää, en olisi äänestänyt Haavistoa ihan vain vittuillakseni kaikille ruskean reiän ritareille jotka poloista homopoikaa puolustavat. Vituttaa että joillekkin pelkkä homous on tarpeeksi hyvä perustelu äänen antamiseen.

Jaaha! Eihän siinä, taidat olla kaapin mies itsekkin. No mutta eihän siinä, jos Juha "vat" Vainio sanoo niin paskaaks immeinen siihen voi.

Kuhan vaan persuja persuusuun.
  20. Grimnarsson

Finland 1200AD

Didn't the coastal cities (I only know Turku) have fairly substantial populations of not only Finns but Germans and Swedes in 1200? Who ruled them? Or where they fairly independent like the Hansa-cities later were?
Back
Top Bottom