Search results for query: *

1. wizcas

In Progress General GAME CRASH if banner color IDs are not continuous from 194

Summary: When a mod uses custom color IDs not starting from 194, the game will crash when loading a saved game or creating a kingdom. How to Reproduce: Create a mod In the file ModuleData/banner_icons.xml, add some colors with IDs not starting from 194, for example: <?xml version="1.0"...
  2. wizcas

In Progress General Custom colors can be selected from disabled mods and will corrupt game saves

I found another issue regarding the Banner color management. The method BannerManager.GetColorId seems not correctly implemented. It tries to traverse the BannerManager.ColorPalette dictionary with index from 0 to Count-1, but the dictionary's indices are not necessarily continuous.

When a mod uses custom color IDs not starting from 193, it'll crash the game when loading a saved game or creating a kingdom. I have to rewrite this method with Harmony as a workaround.
  3. wizcas

No way to replace the culture selection music??

AFAIK TW use PSAI an old engine for music, which is inaccessible to modders. So, most modders use the FMOD sound system to implement music. As I know very little about this, I suggest you look at this thread https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/modding-sound-music.433302/post-9561243

The other alternative, which is also above my pay grade is to implement a separate sound engine, as Ster has done for KOA.
    Thanks mate! You're always so helpful 😆 I didn't thought this was also controlled by PSAI given that it uses SoundManager to control the parameter while there is MusicManager...

I saw people talking in discord about using a 3rd party sound system but I didn't expect that I would run into this problem so fast. I guess I'll have to override every single place whenever music plays a part, for the native music won't work for our mod TOTALLY. I'm gonna find a rope for myself.

A million thanks to you again! I'll take a look at the FMOD solution first.
  4. wizcas

No way to replace the culture selection music??

I've investigated this for a few days, but still have no clue about how to replace the music with my own pieces when selecting a culture in the CC menu (i.e., the CharacterCreationScreen). What I've found so far: When selecting a culture, it calls...
  5. wizcas

Suggestion General banner_icons.xml are loaded from disabled modules

To admin: you can delete this post as I've reported as a bug at:
  6. wizcas

In Progress General Custom colors can be selected from disabled mods and will corrupt game saves

Summary: The banner_icons.xml files from disabled mods are still read by the BannerManager. It'll cause: - Empty slots are shown in the Banner Editor - Custom colors from those XMLs are shown in the color list and can be applied - If players select custom colors from a disabled mod and save...
  7. wizcas

You should submit this as a bug report, not a suggestion, here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/bug-crash-reports.784/
    with the id of an uploaded crash report.
    Thanks for the instruction! I'll do it.
  8. wizcas

Custom banner_icons.xml files are loaded into the game even if their owner modules are disabled. I've run into the following issues because of this bug so far: 1) Empty banner icon slots. There's no way to remove them unless you ask players to remove those disabled modules manually. 2) The...
  9. wizcas

Mesh Editor BUG: uncontrollable material order of the imported FBX

Since 1.0.3, the material order of an imported FBX that consists of multiple meshes is wrong, making imported face meshes not work as expected. Developers on Discord prove that it was OK in previous versions. How to reproduce: 1. Make face models in Blender with the following hierarchy...
  10. wizcas

Imported face mesh won't deform hair, eyebrows, and beard

Update: For Blender users, a workaround is to join head, head.1, and head.2 into one mesh, then ensure the materials are in the right order in the mesh's material list before exporting it.
  11. wizcas

Ragnar Hrodgarson from the Discord channel helped me investigate this issue. It turns out it's because the material order of the imported FBX is different from the vanilla's:

Vanilla: Skin > Eye > Mouth
    Imported: Eye > Skin > Mouth

This seems to happen only in version 1.0.3.

Does anyone know where I can reach out to the official development team to report this issue?

Besides, I can hardly understand why it relies on the material order to find the right material since the materials can own tags already.
  12. wizcas

TL;DR I exported the native head mesh, renamed it, and imported as a new face mesh. However, FaceGen won't adjust the hair, eyebrows, eyelashes, and beard according to the morphed face mesh. It looks like this: What I've done: Exported the head_male_a to FBX via TpacTool Imported the FBX...
Back
Top Bottom