Search results for query: *

1. Boar Champion

Is it viable to use sledgehammers from horseback?

I would pour points into two handed and riding. That way you have a better chance at actually swinging and damaging. Also, I would recommend that you avoid modifiers such "heavy" that would affect damage output ratio to speed rating ratio. The riding part is to get faster unarmored horses like the spirited courser, that way you have the speed rating modifier for damage output even if you had a bad swing. Keep in mind that cavalry speed is dependent on riding skill and swing effectiveness is dependent on skill in desired weapon field. Also as a side-note, cavalry units and horses in general on highland areas can be sluggish and messy, I recommend adding some skills in tactics to avoid bad spawns. Good luck and hope all of this helped! Also I should probably mention that the heavier your armor is, the more "bogged down" you may be. I have found that light-medium armors are best for heavy weapon use. Just be mindful of avoiding direct hits from bolt fire and lances.
    Interesting.
    I actually think that the courser is way more fun in custom battle mode than the Warhorse, but I thought that the warhorse is the objectively better choice for melee unit, while the courser is meant for archers and too fragile for melee.
    But if the Courser is viable for melee builds, I would definitively prefere it over the warhorse.

Does armor actually affect your speed on horseback? I thought for cavalery it's the heaviest armor you can possibly afford.
  2. Boar Champion

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops please allow us to create custom units

Maybe making a full fledged troop tree would be too OP, as it would encourage minmaxing and render all the normal units obsolete.
    But I would love if you could create your own 3 tiers troop tree like most of the minor factions have.

You should have to unlock the ability first by obtaining a fief (regardless if you made your own kingdom or joined a different one). Then you could recruit the first tier of your custom unit from the villages around your fiefs, alongside the standard troops of the kingdom.
    The gear and stats of each tier of your unit can be customized on a point budget. Better gear and higher stats cost more points. The more points you spend, the more money the unit will cost to upgrade and demand per day, so you can't just give them a complete set of the best armor, the best horse and the best weapon. Tier one is limited to peasant weaponary and light armor and a low point cap, Tier 2 gets access medium armor and martial weapons and a medium point cap, Tier 3 can get any equipment from the game and no point cap (but the points will still affect cost so you can't give them the best of everything or they will drain your finances).
    But because you can only make a linear troop tree, you can't 100% rely on only your own troops and still need to recruit others. Eg. if you make custom cavalery, you will still need other units for infantry and archers.

Please make this happen, TaleWorlds!
  3. Boar Champion

Caravan Masters?

The caravan memester is a meme unit.
    He has awful equipment, mediocre skills and can't be promoted BUT he is super MLG and epic meme, so you should recruit as many of them as you can and avoid them dieing at all cost.
  4. Boar Champion

Is it viable to use sledgehammers from horseback?

Is it viable in single-player to use sledgehammer type weapons like the Maul, Sledgehammer and Great Hammer from horseback? I read a lot of mixed things about two-handed weapons from horseback, from people saying that they just aren't practical, to people stating that they are enjoyable to use...
  5. Boar Champion

SP - General Hidden Hand should be a powerful gang instead of a minor faction

How is this making them overpowered? He wants this minor faction to have an impactful and fun effect on the game. If you disagree simply state that and go on with your life.
    No, It's a silly Idea.
    </thread>
  6. Boar Champion

SP - General Hidden Hand should be a powerful gang instead of a minor faction

What is so absurd about OPs suggestion?
    Wanting your favourite faction to be super OP.
  7. Boar Champion

Oldest Hero - Is there a record?

There is a medical perk that essentially gives Clan members a "second live" where the first time they would die from old age, they will actually survive.
    I don't know if that stacks, but if it stacks, you could get some pretty old people.
  8. Boar Champion

Midgame kinda stopped being fun.

I have a fighting force of 477 and 5 unique characters. On average my troops are of medium quality, not Elites.
    96 Cavalery
    157 Artillery
    216 Infantry
    25 Horse archers.
    My character can hold a maximum of 148 troops. The rest are garision for my town.

And I still don't appear in the Vote for the castle right next to mine, but the guy with 2 other castles and the guy with a faraway castle DO make it into the vote. And I did helpin the sieges.
  9. Boar Champion

I've got Sargot and I am very proud of it, as it seems to be the "Capital" of Vlandia. I've already made myself comfortable there and spent 25000 gold on upgrading the walls (they started at lowest level for me), aswell as installing A LOT of garrision and hoarding my collection of hogs there, so I would ideally like to keep it.
    All bordering locations are Vlandian territory.
  10. Boar Champion

SP - General Add Boats

Boats
    rowboat.jpg

Viking Castles
    main-qimg-e7454da4bac6b9e08de2a25dd065db09-lq

ViKING Castles
    91LOeOGccOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  11. Boar Champion

SP - General Smithing should not require stamina

It's not what i am saying. What i am saying is i don't like the blacksmithing part of the game at all.
    ns. I have only used this feature a few times and i have had the game from first day EA.
  12. Boar Champion

That's why a lot of people quit around this time lol; the nature of the game fundamentally changes. Battles become fewer (at some point you're only manually fighting epic major ones and auto-ing the rest) while managing numbers becomes the heart of what you do. It basically becomes more of a proper strategy game like Nobunaga's Ambition or something and less of a tactics-focused game.

1: Taxes, battle loot, and workshops. Caravans are a no-go because they're mostly likely going to get wrecked whenever there's a war going on. Taxes vary wildly dependng on the quality of fiefs, but a rule of thumb is that they can support ~2-300 soldiers before going into the red when lower quality (like, less than 3,000 Prosperity) and up to, I dunno, a thousand when very high quality (10,000 Prosperity). Workshops usually provide around 100 denars per day, and my best luck is just buying the local workshops without changing them since changing them usually results in either oversaturation of the market or resources being too scarce and thus a net negative in another way. Not enough for a large army but every bit helps. Battle loot from large enemies (like hundreds of enemies defeat) can net anywhere from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of denars (and more if the enemy's mostly high tier troops) so boldly hunting for wayward enemies is a very profitable business in exchange for the inherent risk of losing troops and even acquired loot if you're defeated before liquidating it in time.

2: By ignoring it. As a vassal, you don't need much Influence so just bottle it up as you fight battles and passively accrue it. Really, as a vassal, you'll never be able to spend more than 200 for a "quadruple vote" per issue anyway, and gathering a large Army costs around a couple hundred as well, so it's really more of an issue for monarchs than vassals.

3: There's a mathematical formula for it, and it goes something like this (in order of priority): Homeless + Proximity + Clan Military Strength + Conqueror + Ruler + Player divided by Total Clan Prosperity equals your numeric value in being one of the tree voting options.

In other words, once you have a fief, your best shot is to take fiefs adjacent to it. If you don't have a fief, you're effectively guaranteed one. To prevent clans from having TOO much territory, total clan prosperity makes it so proximity only takes you/others so far but... that can be a while. Furthermore, being both conqueror and human gives you a marked advantage as well.

Trying to conquer rebel cities is no easy feat; you'd be trading the slow grind to power for a very high risk one that, while potentially much faster, could just result in you being stomped very quickly--unless you never formally establish a country, since I hear being an independent clan is basically an exploit since nobody will ever declare war on you, but if you don't like the idea of exploiting the game I can't recommend it, so the "hardcore way" would be to fight everybody around you and try not to go broke or get dead (for real dead) in the process.
    Proximity?
    Proximity to me or my other fiefs?
    The problem is that all fiefs adjacent to mine already belong to Vlnadians. I don't think, there is a way to help the enemies capture the fief to capture it back afterwards and win trough proximity. And will having a bigger armyhelp me win fiefs?

I thought with a lot of influence, I could kick out other clans to steal their fiefs, or at least making it more likely for me to get the next fief (less competitors). Then I wanted to start war with everyone before I leave the country wartorn, making it easier to steal fiefs.
  13. Boar Champion

Smithing, smithing, smithing. 100K custom orders and 35-40K crafted weapons.
    But everyone says that's an exploit.
    What is the intended way to do this?
  14. Boar Champion

I also found a bug where you can form an army with your companion, select "donate troops", donate a lot of troops which earns you renown, then get into a conversation with the companion, select inspect troops and get the troops back. This could be abused for infinite renown.
    But I don't like bugusing and cheating.
  15. Boar Champion

1. How do I make back the money that my army costs? Selling loot and prisoners from huge battles dosen't seem to work. Tournaments give like 1000 gold and are unreliable. I am at a total of 5000 army cost PER DAY. 2. Is there an easier way to grind influence? 3. How do I get fiefs from my king...
  16. Boar Champion

SP - General More Blunt weapons🔨

And we should add modern steel even though it doesn't exist yet and set all their stats to 999999999999999999999999999999999999!!!
  17. Boar Champion

SP - General More Blunt weapons🔨

They weren't really, but neither were about half the weapons in the game. More variety is always a good thing and the 11th century isn't exactly the most diverse period for weapons and armour in the western hemisphere.
    But I am pretty certain that long clubs and maces like this always existed trough human history.
    fa77e7950e29024ad1d339148ffefa4b.jpg
    aNqWS.jpg

Quarterstaves.
    Robin_Hood_and_Little_John.jpg

I would also like Warbands Great Hammer back. I know, this is subjective because it's a bit of a of a fantasy weapon, but it has been in Warband too.
  18. Boar Champion

SP - General 240h playtime - these are my biggest issues with the game right now 2023-01

IEither you follow another kingdome as a vassal and just tag along to their decisions and influence some of them or you try to find a rebellion city and snatch it for your own clan only to be met with many many wars and stuff from clans with much better resources (especially if every character is not meant to be a godly smith). I just thinks that it´s missing tools and sure, improved garrision solves some of them but far from all.
    Wait, is joining a faction, sacking in fiefs and then backstabbing them not an option???
  19. Boar Champion

I personally don't like it. To me its bad. But other like it. I just want an alternative for us that don't.
    But it's far from EA level of bad.
    The game has no micro transactions and lootboxes and they don't release a new identical Mount and Blade every year to sack in money of fans.
  20. Boar Champion

how much do you need to one shot cataphracts? Just by a polarm.
    1. A polearm isn't a big hammer.
    2. A polearm kills instead of taking prisoners.
    3. A polearm doesn't make a funny "thump" noise.
Back
Top Bottom