Search results for query: *

1. Ilevus

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

I was actually referring less to shields and more to terrain. I've lost count how many times my arrows/bolts/thrown weapons were stopped by a tree's invisible hit box.

But now that you guys mention it, yeah the shields are pretty bad too!
  2. Ilevus

Can I just say that ONE thing I hope is in Bannerlord is proper, goddamn hit boxes?

Because the one's we have now are ATROCIOUS.
  3. Ilevus

Do you prefer to be general or a frontline fighter?

I'm a general around the start of the the battle, then get stuck in once formations clash. If its a larger battle, then I'll alternate between commanding and fighting.
  4. Ilevus

I think Ringwraith likes steak.  :smile:
  5. Ilevus

Danik said:
    I hope the singleplayer will be real-time only, in a world which is actually somewhat interesting and interactive rather than the boring, useless map travelling and the small identic glitchy warband scenes. The gameplay and the quests should be more Skyrim or GTA-like and not just focused on simply slashing poorly scripted stuck bots over and over.

Bigger world, more interactive enviroment, better scripted NPC, quests where you actually get to do something worth of interest real-time, not just improved combat system and engine - that would be idiotic.

Sorry to be the one to break the news, but from the extremely small development footage we've seen, it looks like they're keeping the old world map mechanic.
  6. Ilevus

Totentag said:
    I realize I'm the minority here, but I really am rather tired of all the discussion based around the multiplayer. Not one of the countless mods here have made me enjoy M&B's multiplayer for more than an hour or so, and I've lived entirely on the single player. It's rather terrifying to imagine the devs are taking this thread to heart and putting the vast majority of effort into tweaking and improving the multiplayer game, leaving the people like me who are more than happy to have this as a completely singleplayer game out in the dust.

Well, here's hoping my fears come to naught.

Whilst I share your sentiments, I do feel that the devs should neither abandon nor subtract from their effort in Multiplayer; they should instead merely equal said efforts with Singleplayer.

I must have less than half-an-hour of game time in Warband's Multiplayer, but just because I don't find any interest in it, doesn't mean others don't. There's a thriving M&B Multiplayer community and I see no reason for Taleworlds to focus less on that community than the Singleplayer one.

So long as they don't favour one over the other, the devs are doing right by me.  :smile:
  7. Ilevus

You know you've been playing too much Warband when...

weterman said:
    Nothing like that happened to me before, but irl I walked outside, early morning. I looked around my house to see if a creeper was there. (from minecraft)

Er, I believe the word your missing in the title is 'Warband'...

You know you've been playing too much Warband when you pre-emptively attack anyone who says, "That's a nice-"
  8. Ilevus

Antar said:
    Along the topic of music, I would also really like to hear more atmospheric sounds like wind and birds, leaves rustling, and other calming things like that. This would give the game more life. As for the voice acting, please no! I would prefer the game without voice acting but it would be amazing if they kept those awesome quotes like
    "Away with you, vile beggar and
    "It's almost harvesting season".
    That would make my day!

Musn't forget the old classics like,
    "I VILL DRINK FROM YOUR SKALL!"
    "DATS A NICE HEAD YOU'VE GOT ON YOUR SHOWLDERS!" :grin:

WaffleBorn said:
    I would be okay with voice acting if it was done well. Modders don't need to use voice acting for dialogue If they can't get voice actors.

Fair point! So long as they keep the capability for text dialogue, I wouldn't mind that.  :smile:
  9. Ilevus

Lizard_man said:
    I actually think it's better without the use of voices, gives it a sort of charm, and more options for dialogue...

Agreed! Makes it much easier for modders to add new dialogue too, without the hassle of voice-acting.
  10. Ilevus

Lizard_man said:
    It was fun whilst it lasted, but play any game for so long and it's bound to get stale. I've never really being into multiplayer games, this is why I'm hoping for a better single player experience... :razz:

Same. For me multiplayer gaming is only fun when there is some kind of overall goal other than "kill the enemy" or "capture the flag" type objectives.
  11. Ilevus

Most hated kingdom

[quote author=JosieJ]I really should have done this!  They were actually doing pretty badly at one point, losing territory to the Swadians and the Vaegirs, but then the Rhodoks (my current faction) started beating up on the Swadians and took out that counterbalancing factor.  The Nords were able to regroup and beat down the Vaegirs (although they're still hanging around) and now we Rhodoks are the ones everyone is ganging up on.  Seriously, at one point, we were simultanteously at war with every other faction on the map--even the Swadians, who only have Suno!

It was quite a nightmare for a while!  Every time I turned around, the Sarranids or Khergits would try to take Unuzdaq Castle, the Swadians would try to take Grunwalder Castle, and the Nords would try to take Praven, all of which were my fiefs.  I had to stuff the garrison of each fief just to buy time for me to get there before it was taken, so I was hemorrhaging money.  I also realized I hated the defensive siege scenes of Unuzdaq Castle and Praven with a passion, especially Praven!  The gap in the wall is huge, and the reinforcements come from some inconvenient place and never seem to get there before a crapload of huscarls pour through the walls!  Ugh!  We were finally able to get a bit of breathing room, and I was able to trade Unuzdaq Castle (I have Diplomacy) for the much-safer Ibdeles Castle, gain another hard-to-take castle (Uhhun--I love that castle!), and was able to reduce my garrisons so I'm not losing money every week.

I guess this is all to say that I'm not too thrilled with my current faction but I'm a bit stuck since my whole concept with this playthrough was to finally "win the map" with the Rhodoks, so I'm limited to playing a vassal of that faction.
    [/quote]

Ever considered 'changing the guard' as it were? :wink:

Maybe getting the claimant in charge would get you in a better position to run things.

Or maybe my usual habit of rebelling for rebellion's sake is getting out of hand... >_>
  12. Ilevus

Why is trade so useless now?

Thane_of_Dhirim said:
    I use trade until i buy enough enterprises. And that is also the time when i start gathering bigger army, and starting conquests. :wink:

Indeed! Build up funds and invest until you no longer need to work for money and can move onto greater things! :grin:
  13. Ilevus

Most hated kingdom

Bruce  Almighty said:
    Patchworkandrew said:
    Nords, they are always kill on sight in my games and for good reason. Allow them to expand and they will be a real nightmare to handle in the late game, such as the case with my recent campaign where they have taken most of swadia over.

Ahh, I feel the same! In my last playthrough, they're last kingdom left for me to conquer.. Their armies are always hardest to beat (at least for me), especially if you play on hardest possible settings, like I do all the times

This is why I joined the Nords first. :grin:

I became their marshal and intentionally prevented them from expanding, except for fiefs that I took and controlled. Not only that, but I helped stir discontent and made friends with many of the lords. By the time I rebelled, half of the lords joined my new kingdom and the Nords were done within three wars.  :twisted:

As for my most hated faction: Sarranids. Of all the factions who had lords defect to me, the Sarranids almost NEVER defected to me. I ended up having to to take on all of their fiefs in some pretty grueling and tedious wars.
  14. Ilevus

Which lords do you find most likable/easy to befriend?

pye266 said:
    Also Jarl Aedin has turned a bit funny on mine..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://i42.tinypic.com/fn6xl3.jpg

Seems like somebody's having a mid-life crisis.  :lol:
  15. Ilevus

Which lords do you find most likable/easy to befriend?

pye266 said:
    Also quick question guy's, i have a few guy's turn up in my castle after they were done for tresson and fled, There looking to join my faction, Is it worth taken them, Or will the other kingdoms get annoyed... :?:

I'd say its more important to consider whether or not they're honourable lords or quarrelsome lords.

Welcome the honourable ones with open arms and tell the quarrelsome ones to bugger of.  :grin:

Other kingdoms don't really care what you do with exiled lords; they only care if you steal their current lords. Obviously.  :razz:
  16. Ilevus

You know you've been playing too much Warband when...

When you play ANY game with factions in it, and immediately start planning on how to defeat them all and rule the world!  :twisted:

...what? Just me?  :neutral:
  17. Ilevus

Ruling all of Calradia

I'm actually having a slightly enjoyable and even challenging late game. With Calradia united, I've decided to dedicate all of my resources to combating the banditry thats running rampant. Using the Diplomacy mod, I'm having to balance my nation's economy with the cost of the military patrols needed to suppress the bandits, while also trying to get every one of my vassals at 99 relationship (most of them hate me after I handed out all the fiefs).

Its actually quite tough and enjoyable, although maybe I'm just easily entertained.  :razz:
  18. Ilevus

Things in Warband you hate.

Lord Bartor the Great said:
    When you meet the belirgent drunk in the tavern without a blunt weapon and you don't want to piss off the tavern keeper, so you have to repeatedly kick him in the balls till he ko's.

:lol:

I'm surprised you were able to dig up this old thread.
  19. Ilevus

Game Over? Post your most broken playthroughs

WuTaNiSt said:
    McGough said:
    Absolutely any attempt I have made to run a PoP game.

4 attempts so far - each one I create the character and take the first quest to go hire some men.

I have yet to make it to the first village and back without being jumped by a group of bandits/raiders/men-with-attitude that outnumber us at least 5-1 and are all on horseback (travelling far faster than us).  Resulting in my newly hired troops being slaughtered and me being dragged away until I can escape.  Only for me to limp to whatever the nearest village is, hire some new replacement recruits and be immediately jumped again by a different bandit group and be slaughtered again.

4 attempts and each time I get ambushed each time until I have no money, recruits or even food.

Ravenstern is more forgiving. Until you call a kilt a skirt...

"It's not a skirt; it's a kilt, sicko!" ;D

In all seriousness though, I had a lot of touble with PoP too, but after being trounced several times, I finally got my act together by hiring the most expensive (and often most deadly) mercs I could find and paying their wages with enterprises throughout Pendor. :grin:
  20. Ilevus

Which lord do you like the most?

sir_guy123 said:
    king harlaus is a fatass*

Fixed that for you.

Sorry, couldn't resist.  :lol:

As for my favourite lord, I have to say that Jarl Aedin is my favourite. He's nice enough, honorable and tends to support my causes in most of my games.  :grin:
Back
Top Bottom