Search results for query: *

1. about the block in combat

In my experience the blocking does seem like a bit too much, there are ways to get around it like using couched lances, ranged attacks, crushthroughweapons or using a very fast weapon. Chamber blocking also works if you have a super armored character because even if you miss and take less than 5 damage the enemy attacks will not stop yours.

I have tried using fients but they don't seem to work on the AI in my experience.

In the earlier patches though no one blocked and it was terrible, I think it would be good they made lower skill levels somewhat less likely to block and higher skills even more likely to block than they already are, I think it would make high skill lords really stand out in the wars and since they always start out in the battles making them more skilled would make it a bit more likely that they could survive until the end of a long battle.
  2. I desperately need help!!!!

Okay, genius. Talk me out of this...

Go ahead. Tell me what to do... BTW, there will be about five different armies surrounding that city when you leave. So how am I supposed to get out of dodge?

Oh, you don't have one? I can't believe your, "Dump everything and they'll leave you alone" plan doesn't work here. It's almost like the problem isn't speed. It's almost like its the enemy aggression to drop everything they're doing to chase after your character is a bad idea as a game design.

There are a few things to consider here,

First Battanians get a culture speed bonus in forests and you don't unless you are a battanian as well.

Battanians are also highly concentrated since they have few forest cities group close together and move quickly in the forest. Also if you got captured like several times and your character is starving their moral is dropped so they will also move slower from that. So actually after looking at the screenshot I don't think you are crazy that is probably the worst situation in the game being in Battania without a Battanian with low morale and calvary get slowed by the trees now.

If you don't have any scouting or movement boosting perks that will make it even more difficult.

The best thing you can do is open inventory, make sure you only have 1 food and if you have any mount equip it. If you have any extra mounts put one in civiliian inventory or if you have no food butcher one for meat. If you have extra mounts you need to get rid of them to avoid herding. Since you are in the middle of Battania, your best bet is beeline toward vlandian territory avoiding the forests if your faction is winning but it looks like they are losing so you could run toward flintolg castle and swing toward the plains in druimmor if there is a friendly party or army and sneak back to Vlandia otherwise you should just go to Varcheg and get 20-30 troops with horses and food to get back to Vlandia.

In the future you should just get more scouting or movement boosting perks or be more careful against that faction.

Honestly they should just do what they do for AI where you spawn near a friendly town with 10 recruits if you paid a ransom. If you escaped without paying a ransom then you should have to do this.
  3. Slaughter of livestock in feifs?

Aside from that how did you get 79 ARMor for arms? Lol that is crazy
  4. Slaughter of livestock in feifs?

You can slaugther the animals for meat in any location. What you can't do is slaughter animals you just bought if you first buy them you have to complete the transaction then re-open the inventory and then you can slaughter them. at least I think that is how it works.
  5. Excesive slow training make game boring. Please training perks should be buffed.

What issue are you having with the training? What kind of training methods are you using?

Here are some of the perks and number breakdowns:
    Military Tradition + 2 (infantry, recruits are infantry)
    Drills + 1
    Saddlebags + 1
    Good day rest +10 in settlement / walk it off +3
    Trainer +3 (bows only)
    Forced march + 2 / unburdened + 2
    Raise the meek + 4
    Drill sergeant + 2

Bullseye + 2 garrison
    raise the meek + 3
    Settlement upgrade + 3

This could be up to 22xp daily for troops in the party.

Those exp rates are per troop. This means if you have 100 recruits you are getting daily exp x 100 which means you could be getting 2 or 3 train troops a day from a settlement or party with several recruits

A governer with maxed training upgrade and raise the meek (two perks) and 200 recruits would generate ((6 x 200) / 300) 4 tier 2 troops every day. You can use the campaign brother as a governer and give him all the training perks and put 300 recruits in the fief to get even more training recruits.

13-14 days to train all tier 1 troops to tier 2 with maxed out training in your party and you could just smith while you are waiting
    for them to train. Governer training would take longer, since tier 1 needs 300xp.

With famous commander only requiring 1 perk, 2/3 of the troops you recruit will be ready to level up. You could then donate the tier 1 troops for influence, or put them in a settlement to train. And this is assuming you are only recruiting tier 1 troops you can recruit higher tier troops.

With the steward perk you can use weapons or armor for exp. You can store items in a settlement
    and then shuffle troops in and out of garrison to only train the troops you want to train if you need them ASAP such as a new war. You use this method if you own a fief as a kingdom, vassal or independant clan or you could use a warehouse and a party member if you are clan tier 3, if you don't have a warehouse you could just carry high value items that are lightweight and then use a party member or just upgrade all troops after a battle.

You can bypass tier 1 troops entirely and as shown with the above math you can already churn out a few training troops per day per settlement or in your party if you focus on it and plan the logistics.

The key is you have to use some synergy, if you have cantons and famous commander you can just recruit all the troops and discard the tier 1 troops and then you only have tier 2 troops ever fighting in battles. Or just stock fief with lots of food output with a good governer and then you have a training settlement and you can use that settlement to get a few tier 2 troops daily and if you don't want to micromanage just turn on auto recruit.

Overall the current training system is designed for armies not small numbers, you can generate more training when they train as a large army. If you want to personal train a small number of troops you can give them equipment with steward or use a shield while they fight looters or use experience share perks.

You can fully train any number of troops in 13-14 days with max perks to tier 2 which is reasonable. The training is a constant so even if you have enough trained troops at your command they are still going to be training anyways so I do think it is fast enough.
  6. Can you fix Weapon Ranges?

There are a couple things you can do, you are able to smith weapons later on when you unlock parts and get more skill you can build longer weapons if you want more range. You can also use banners to either decrease melee or ranged damage.

If you are trying to fight looters in the beginning of the game as a knight on bannerlord difficutly the key is to use a lance on horseback and have a sword and a shield. Raise your shield when they throw the rocks and then charge them with your lance. If you are fight a looter with a pitchfork it is better to dismount and fight them with your sword or only lance them if they are distracted. For looters with swords or plows you can lance them but you have to be very careful and time it well, it is very risky to try to lance them with a new character without armor.

If you get high tier weapons and about 40-50 armor all around and hp boosting perks, you will find cut damage attacks will do almost next to no damage to you and pierce and blunt will do far less. You can even fight on foot if you invest into atheltics.

You could change difficult damage presets or use a mod like rbm, overall I think there are enough things you can do in the base game to reduce the damage if you are willing to spend more focus/attribute points on it which you should do if you want to rp a knight as they are well trained.

When I rp a knight playthrough early game, I mainly just do tournaments, get denars to get married until you get good armor but even without that if you want to kill 10-20 like you can without a bow or horse it is far more difficult but here is a general way to do it.

1. Wait until the looters use up all their rocks and lead them away from the rocks or lance the looters that have rocks by separating them.
    2. Lance short weapon looters or those seperated form formation.
    3. Dismount and drop everything except for spear and shield
    4. Hit and run with the spear (get combat movement speed perks)
    5. Use terrain and jumps (ie. jumping over fences/structures/ bridges to create distance, this allows you to spear the looters from the other side of a fence while they walk around)

Generally this is very hard to do even if you are a good player, it is just not realistic to consistently beat scores of looters without high skills or armor melee, biggest thing is just being really mobile and having a shield. If you had 300 athletics and a long spear and shield even without armor you could just run around shielding or dodging the stones and spearing all the looters, or you could just get armor and a 2h axe and quickly cut them all down and take around 20 damage that can heal with medicine perks after battle.
  7. Why doesn't blocking reward XP?

Sorry do you want xp for breathing too
    *sigh* yes!

What's my reward for breathing? Not dying? lol

Blocking is just like athletics/horse riding. If you could get exp for blocking you could in theory just farm the exp all the way to 330 one battle and if the reward did not dimished you could probably get to level 500, same with athletics/horse riding you could just make your character run around all day instead of fighting.

Only giving exp for attacking in a way makes it so that you have to continue fighting new opponents to get the skill. It would be cool to get exp for blocking but honestly I have no clue how you could implement that without it being exploited.

Already in tournaments I just let family/companion beat up fully armored 330 athletics character to level up their skills. They used to have it so if you blocked their hits they would still get exp so you could pick up all the tournament shields, let them break them all and then keep blocking until you got tired of it.

If anything I just wish they could let your companions join practice fights or have a way to make practice fights, I just want to be able to level companions easier without having to give them a super mod for exp boosts. The new formation thing in 1.10 helps a lot you can only send that group to fight bandits.
  8. Recommended difficulty?

Hi AstroCat,

I prefer to play everything on Bannerlord because it actually just makes everything equal and does not give any advantages to you as the player or your troops which I kind of prefer as I also used to play called a game Kenshi which was similar in that regard.

The way the game works is you would also be able to mitigate some of the difficulty through how you build your character. For example if you took the athletic perk mighty blow and got over 200 hitpoints and the best armor which you could move well with high athletics in a way you would already drastically reduce player damage far beyond 25%

With friendly troops you can boost their hitpoints and armor to a very limited extent.

Recruitment can be enhanced by doing quests for notables and joining a kingdom as a vassal or mercenary or taking same culture recruit bonuses

Persuasion success can be improved with charm and one athletics perk

Combat AI cannot be altered, it depends on the level they have but it affects all ai and if you practice in the arena your higher skill will make them relatively easier to beat.

You can reduce clan member death possibility by assigning them carefully into safer roles. equiping them well and having a high medicine skill.
    This also applies to the hero as well.

Overall most of your presets appear to be very similar to bannerlord, I would imagine if you wanted to play realistic I would make a character with high athletics, medicine and scouting and practice a lot in the arena. You could also pick Battanian culture to move faster in the forest.

With how you build your character it is possible to drop the difficulty over time in many ways I think that is why most people like to play Bannerlord once they are familiar.

Overall your difficulty present looks pretty good, it would be probably be good for making some super hero character that could solo armies because ai and player damaged is reduced after a while you might find you are very potent and if it gets too easy you can always change the difficulty later on in the game.
  9. What are dogs good for? 🐕

Dogs can boost morale from companionship, be used for scouting or alerting people, help with hunting, in Eastern cultures people do eat dogs.

I think generally Eastern cultures like cats more than dogs but Western culture prefers dogs more. Got the bubonic plague probably because killed off too many black cats tbh. Probably they orginally had the idea but scrapped it if it was going to be used as food source it would be too offensive to people
  10. Endgame is boring and really kills all the fun...

The Nords need to invade with a massive army in the late game. That would add so much life to the end game and a fun challenge.
    What we really need are some green animal rights activiists to show those butter hoarding, olive eating inbred Vlandians that there is a superior way to win battles without using their mediocre knights, save a horse, use a rhodok.

We also need better Sturgian archers, they should mod the game so that after a few hundred years, new armor gets invented and Vlandia gets renamed to Swadia and a rebel faction breaks off from them. And we should add feasts too especially now that everyone in the enclyopedia is a gray question mark

I have been trying to destroy the current kindgoms and establish the warband ones in a multigen playthrough lol
  11. Character's/Companion's Traits...

When I siege towns and castles if I show them mercy I get relationship boosts with merciful lords and ladies and lose relationship with non merciful ones. Same applies to raiding villages, I think if you devestate you get boosts with the cruel lords as well.

Not 100% sure on this one too but I think cruel/dishoborable lords can execute you, I have seen players executed after getting captured by Monchug before. You also take less of a penatly if you are executing a cruel/dishonorable lord as well.

I like your name by the way I named my bro indignant flapjack in honor of you lol
  12. Best army compositions that are fun to play

With the empire you have a lot of options because they have so many different types.

I like to build an almost entirely mounted army with them as the horse archers can quickly flank and are decent archers while the cataphracts are super armored and can work like superior infantry when dismounted. It also goes with the lore of them having strong garrisons and being a mostly mobile army. The foot troops I find I end up putting into garrison. I think as long as you have the mounts its always better to upgrade them that way, if you wanted a bunch of legionaries and palatine guards just dismount the bucellari and cataphracts and you essentially have the same thing. I think cataphracts can beat up legionaries dismounted because they have more armor and higher skill, I don't know how the archers compare but they both have comparable skill levels and if you dismount the bucellari they shoot better.

I have also tried a Vaegir playthrough where every companion/family member is basically built like a sturgian version of a fian and I have a good archer captain and try to make the best Sturgian Veteran bowmen possible.

I also tried a Rhodok playthrough using green vlandians, not using the knights but just infantry and crossbowmen with good captains respectively.

Overall with the introduction of captains and banners you can make a lot of units workable that otherwise would not be, the only unit I really had trouble with was I was trying to do a Battanian knight playthrough and just use Battanian horsemen (unofficially the worst troop unit, not counting vlandian pikemen or swordsisters) but the main limitation I ran into was I needed to get the mellaurgy perk (+5 armor) and could not get engineering high enough in the vanilla game soon enough to really use them as well as really high medicine because I was trying to use them like cataphracts along with the 250 riding perk that also adds +5 armor

To be honest if you train medicine skill past 275 you can pretty much use any unit effectively, even sword sisters with about twice the normal hitpoints can be used and the ones that go down are likely to be wounded. Strat game showed you could do it with khuzait recruits and people have taken over calradia with just looters. The famous looton comes to mind, the Bob Ross of all looters, he is what every looter aspires to be and with your leadership you can help these plebs reach their full potential. Loot on looton, loot on

I play without mods because I feel like I cheat too much when I use mods but I have noticed that children get more attribute points so maybe make your first gen some time fast forwarding blacksmith/tactics or something or make them execute a lot of lords to get them mad and so you get executed and then you can play a heir, I think then you could really make a decent build without having to get to level 50 to get enough attribute points
  13. Should we be able to marry Rhagaea

The reason everyone likes Rhaghea is for her great personality. She is the only leader without a negative trait and took good care of her husband Arenicos before his demise. Further more the southern empire is the best because they come from the rich and powerful demigods (read the southern empire bio in game), the Western empire are just a bunch of conquered battanian serfs doing their bidding and the northern are just a bunch of sturgian fighting mercenaries who think they are a senate holding low value land.

Her daughter Ira is just wild but if you really like Rhaghea you would be a good suitor for Ira because Rhaghea is too old to have kids anyways so the person that suggested to switch appearances with Rhaghea and Ira is the smartest person in the room.
  14. I'm having a problem setting up a kingdom

Game is pretty difficult but you should practice sieges as a vassal or mercenary first.

Level up stewardship, get a family member or companion with high steward skill in your party or get a higher clan tier or get more perks to have more party members.

If you want to siege a building you should try to aim for at least 200 high tier archers with a good captain preferably fian champions because you don't have to spend much time sieging just set up the base camp and if you win the ranged war you basically neutralized their siege advantages because you can snipe them before they can use their siege weapons and snipe them off the walls

Most of the time sieging ends up in 5 ways

Ranged option (recommended)
    1.) You attack immediately, you will have zero siege equipment (unless you have some engineer perks) and they will have their walls and equipment. The only way you can do this with a small party is you have a lot of great archers for suppressive fire a party of almost all archers, you could sneak up a ladder and open the doors but honestly that is pretty risky to do and they could just shut the down and even with a strong character if they have high tier crossbowman they can kill your character pretty quickly.

2.) You build some siege equipment like a ram or mobile ladder. This way works if they don't have catapults (otherwise they will break your siege equipment) if they don't you will lose some people this is probably the least recommended option it is basically to save time if you have a bigger army you don't have enough people pre-kingdom to do this type of siege.

Melee option
    3.) You build 1 ram then onagers/trebuchets and disable their defenses. This works good if you have high tier infantry with shields, without siege equipment they will just have archers but you have shields and you push the ram to the door and fight them off. This takes a lot of time though and don't have a lot of time unless you are sieging an obscure location against a faction with its vassals imprisoned or tied up

(recommended for rebel kingdom)
    Destroying the walls
    4.) This siege you just break down the walls, this one takes way too long for a new kingdom unless it is a rebel faction but if you find a very good fief that has rebelled you can do this option and you don't even need a big army after you break the wall a bunch of soldiers will gather to fill the breach and you can easily get a lot of them with siege equipment and level up engineering as well

5.) Sieging a recently sieged fief, a fief like this will usually be empty so as long as the coast is clear you can sweep fast a recently sieged fief and take it over even with a mediocre party and no siege equipment.

The easiest way to start a kingdom is to become a powerful vassal and break off.

I disagree with the sue for peace, real strat says to do that but the problem is that you will pay way too much in tribute and you and any vassals you have will go bankrupt. You should never ever pay tribute if you want to be a sovereign kingdom, if you are having problems with rogue vassals from a destroyed kingdom you should either execute them all, keep them in prison or recruit them to your kingdom, if you can't defend your land it means you do not have enough vassals.. You have to just assume you are going to war with the whole map and many times a kingdom will declare war on you but never do anything so you don't need to have peace with them.

What is better to do is let their army attack your castle have one poorly defend fief to function as a magnet and then farm a bunch of influence to get your policies that you want and then just start mass producing vassals, it does not matter if they lose their land at least for the first few years, just get as many vassals as possible ASAP it makes a huge difference and you need a lot of vassals to take over the whole map.
  15. Possible solution to balance Khan's Guard?

Overall I agree with you but this challenge is too easy (I think additional stipulations are in order - like no hugging the edge of the map) and the solution was obvious (camp fians at the edge of the map and bug out the horse archer AI) +edit(tested and it works with vlandian sharpshooters too, probably a variety of archers can pull it off) -

hZuk4nK.jpg
    I did this challenge
    Khan's Guard are really op but they are incredible idiots when you get them to the edge of the map. They are like a killer death robot with an off switch. So even if the devs never nerf these potato heads just move to the edge of the map and destroy them. That is the krpytonite and since they are so broken and op anyways I would shamelessy use it everytime
  16. What's your favorite item post release?

Black heart is okay if you are not a Sturgian Vassal, otherwise they give you an incredible axe. I like the Rhomphaia better than the menavlion you can get it from marrying Corien and they get a bear fur and tier 5 axe in civillian attire lol.

There is a better version of the starter heater shield, I think it is called Wide Heater Shield, it is the shield you get in the Vlandia practice fights if you use a shortspear or the ones swordsmen get later. There is also a crazy one for 100-150k denars too

I like to get the camels for all the companions and jareeds and go looter hunting you can blacksmith some ultra heavy duty javelins and they just ragdoll them looters lol
  17. Battania needs a buff

I play Battania on max difficulty unmodded.

They are supposed to be a barbarian faction that is at risk of dying out to new technology/imperialism and trying to fight back. They don't have a good economy on the surface but since all the villages are close together trading is really good. Also Caladog's town has 4 villages and it is insane.

Battania has Cantor policy by default which makes them have more militia and also Battania culture bonus gives more militia and improves forest movement. This means Battanian vassal have close villages and can move quickly to defend and along with good militia it makes Battania very hard to conquer.

The only real way you can conquer them is to first take their castle which essentially takes away their champions and use their own champions against them, a truly desipible thing only an imperialist dog would do lol, otherwise you will find that when you try to siege their large towns with tons of fians and militia your troops will simply get shot down like flies.

Their units are also the best at low tiers. Volunteers are hands down the best tier 1 unit they come with 2 handed mallets and their noble line starts with longbows. This makes them even more resistant to being conquered because even their volunteers can knock out a legionary with a mallet and their baseline archer uses a longbow. They by far have the most natural fighting ability of any faction as opposed to the soft domesticated empire units who start out very weak and need a lot of training and armor to become good.

They are a faction of unrefined barbarians yet at the same time dedicated and skilled champions. Because many of them use throwing weapons and two handed polearms they have a lot of potential. There are many stacking captain perks that can boost these particular skills (throwing and polearm) really high so even these units can become similar to fian champions.

The economy is also good in that workshops in Caladogs city earn a ton and since everything is close together you can trade and get trade rumors quite easily, moving faster with the culture bonus.

Altogether the strengths they have more than offset the weaknesses
  18. Forum days are over

I think the game would be okay with just bug fixes and balancing.

Right now as the game is if they fixed some quest bugs like the family feud quest (if you do a tournament while you have that guy in your party you automatically fail the quest even if you never got knocked out in the tourney, the quest tells you that you were unconscious and someone killed the guy) to if you have a large battle and some troops escape you lose all the exp you would have gotten for your troops when you enter phase II of the battle and just some general unit balancing like nerfing Khans and buffing other units.

At this point the game just needs bug fixes, having all the perks work correctly as intended without ambiguous language (clearly labeling things or adding tooltips, player should know if your captain is mounted perks do not apply to infantry or the captain must remain conscious) and balancing like unit, economy and kingdom tribute, etc and would be a great game i'd get DLC if they just did that and fixed basic stuff
  19. Sturgia low tier troops ineffectual

I respectfully disagree with this. While the Battanian volunteer is clearly the best tier 1 unit (because they have the mallet) Sturgian troops are among the largest troops and so more likely to hit the head you just either have to use loose formation or have them ambush from behind the top of the mountain so when the battle starts they already closed the distance and have the high ground. They also do better than volunteers in close quarters which makes grouping them into a horde and ambushing effective.

When they get to tier 2 the warrior has a very strong helmet and round shield. The warrior was recently buffed (before he just had a fur hat and now he has an 18 armor helmet). The warrior is very good especially if you have a good infantry captain, what I do is mix warriors and woodsman maybe like a 60-40 ratio and have them in shieldwall on high ground along with some Otroks. They warriors hold the shieldwall and the woodsman will throw javelins (they can all be in the same formation)

If you have to be offensive I find it is best to just put the infantry and archers together in a good formation with a good captain who has the flexible fighter perk and have them sneak around a hill and just swarm the enemy. Sturgians usually win if you dismount all your cav and put everyone in one super formation with a good infantry captain because you have all the critical mass in one area and because the archers have a good helmet and shorter range bows they tend to do better hanging around the infantry and shooting the closest thing for critical mass and you always need a few archers to shoot fleeing enemies so infantry does not waste time chasing them. If you play other fantasy games or what I would look at the sturgian archers like orc archers or something, they are kind of crude and lack skill but they have an axe and good armor and seem to do best walking around with the infantry. I did try a Vaegir like run where I got a really good bow captain and my all my family/companions into sturgian fians and they actually do good as long as you get the range right and guard them with spearman (they don't have longbows) in that way they played kind of like rhodoks

I would also recommend getting line breakers. You need them to fight larger armies because they can cleave multiple opponents with the axes and at 150 skill with a better handling captain (its only level 25) they fight with at least 180 skill which is like the average noble and they will destroy enemies even if outnumbered.

I also go with the heavy spearman over the axemen because they come with more skill and better armor and they have a 160 length spear which is perfect for both stopping cav and being short enough to be a good fighting spear. If you just want one troops type and want to be more general than I would opt for axemen, they have less skill and armor and are more of an all rounder general unit for sieges or anything but I prefer the higher skill units so my army is mostly heavy spearman/axemen/veteran archers and noble line and I take all the perks that boost combat skill

So my low tier comp is like recruits that either sneak around a mountain and blob or charge in a loose formation.
    Middle tier is warriors, woodsman and otroks who use a spike shield strategy or just form a great horde again
    High tier is heavy spearman, heroic linebreakers, veteran archers, noble line, all cav dismounts and joins one superformation and they
    just form a blob and with a good infantry captain and medic on realistic difficulty they defeat larger armies with few losses

I usually don't recruit the brigands or upgrade to them but if I happen to have some I usually either have them join the super formation, charge them out to screen to distract the enemy for a safer approach or just hold them back and use them to chase routing troops
Back
Top Bottom