Search results for query: *

1. Vikingur

B Tutorial Other Adding things such as overhead stab, crouching, extra formations options.

Thanks for the code! Correct me if I’m wrong, but does this only work for player? And if not, will it lag? I’m looking for the code that the CRPG guy did with alt mode weapon repositioning. Example: huskarl axe visual rotation from a cut to a pierce.
  2. Vikingur

B Tutorial Other Adding things such as overhead stab, crouching, extra formations options.

Thank you the quick reply!!! That’s unfortunate it cannot be done as I want, but it’s ok. I will work around. Cheers!
  3. Vikingur

I’ve a question. Is it possible to use a different mesh in an ALT weapons mode? Because I’ve tried by just editing the files of a throwing weapon. All that happens is once the ALT mode is engaged, character is left holding an empty fist. I can equip the ALT mode weapon mesh and it’s as it should be, but it is only an empty fist when toggled from the primary weapon.
  4. Vikingur

Age of Arthur 5.0

One of the best, if not the best Warband mods ever made. Wish I had downloaded her source when it was available. I know it uses VC, but all her quests and events are too numerous to try and reproduce.
  5. Vikingur

Tweaks for Viking Conquest (one for 2.028, others for 2.021, 2.012, 2.010 etc)

You need to copy the “Material” files aswell. Use BRF edit to do this. Open the original BRF that contains your weapon mesh. Click on the “Materials” (it’s a file that combines textures, bump,spec etc). CTL+C in BRF edit. Open the BRF in VC that you put your mesh in. Look top to the tap, mesh, material, collision. Hit the materials tab. CTL+V to paste the material file. Save and close. open game and test. Takes a bit to learn these programs, but once mastered. There is a crap load of stuff you can do with BRF edit even without a 3D mdel program. Have fun. I’ll help as much as I can.
  6. Vikingur

SP Viking Conquest Balance Mod 13

@Tingyun hi! How are u doing?
    Sorry for off-topic, but as an experienced modder perhaps you know how I can change shield's back color? What file do I have to work with? I want to create custom banner on "extra" banner's basis, but so far I only managed to change the "face" of the shields, and both banners (extra#, extra#a, extra#b) Thanks in advance!

P.S. Since u have enhanced Norse troop tree so much, what do u think about implementing norse women troop tree either?

IMHO, it’s kind of a pain to edit Vanillia VC shields. Several texture and material files, then there is the vertex colouring...etc. It’s much easier just to create your own from scratch and add them into the game. BRF edit is just an amazing tool, and it can do so much by itself. If you’d like some step by step, PM me. I’ll do my best to help.
  7. Vikingur

SP Viking Conquest Balance Mod 13

And yep, I will have to use the save game editor ... I really enjoy the RP playthroughs when you try to "Paganize" England.

As a new question is there a way to lessen the penalties of Monastery burnings on surrounding cities/villages that are pagan? Or case in point: Dubh Lin and its Two Villages"Leixhaulp" and "Hofud" every time I go burn Gleann da Loch and Finian , though Finian only lowers the villages.

So one of the first things I did when I finally got my hands on the module source, was to start fixing exactly that. In the beginning, I basically just copied and pasted alot of the code that has to do with your Refuge. Adding a menu option on the “Leave” menu page(after its been plundered) to remove/demolish the Monastery. I’ve no idea where the radius for Monastery’s and Hofs are stored in the text. easiest way is to just used that Save Game Editor and move the Monastery’s location.
  8. Vikingur

Tweaks for Viking Conquest (one for 2.028, others for 2.021, 2.012, 2.010 etc)

Ahhh I will be happy with just the companions, will check the Forge right away, thanks for your answer friend! ?

Its easy using the save game editor. Load you save game, scroll down to Troops, find your desired troop. Find the Slots section. Scroll down to the slot #16 change the integer. 1 = Christian 2 = Pagan and I personally find 0 even more useful.Vanilla VC is much easier if you have good relations with both religions. Get relation gains with factions for doing absolutely nothing.
  9. Vikingur

Odin's Cave

You get the Bandit sword for killing the leader, not completing the mission. There is more enemies around I recon is why you cannot exit.  Search the cave, UP AND DOWN. if you still cannot find the last enemies, use the ctrl atl f4 kill all cheat. One may have spawned outside the playable area.
  10. Vikingur

Game randomly reboots my PC / forces a restart

I too still have random crashes,  mostly in Ireland during sieges when reinforcements spawn.  I just save often and deal with it. It’s not a FPS issue obviously, but available RAM I guess. No idea. Old comp ran VC-R perfect. Like is said, aside from upgrading your RAM, I think saving often is your best option at this point.
  11. Vikingur

Game randomly reboots my PC / forces a restart

I too had issues with my new computer. I checked load textures on demand and force single thread and it seemed to sort it. Also don’t play windowed.
  12. Vikingur

Upcoming Viking Conquest mod - Jutland (work in progress)

Can’t wait to give this a go! If you need a Beta tester, shoot me a message :party:
  13. Vikingur

Tutorial 3D Animation Adding a new weapon + Vertex Animation

One thing I’d like to add to the awesome tutorial is. When you are trying to combine your vertex animations using BRF Edit, make sure you place  your frames in this order before combining:
    _frame0
    _frame1
    _frame2
    _ETC.....
    Otherwise your frames can combine strangely. I had to learn this the hard way. Just FYI
  14. Vikingur

SP Dark Ages [VC][Submod] Outlaws Expanded (second test version released) -DEAD for now-

Any chance of getting the MS for this mod? Save us some time redoing scenes etc. Tanx :grin:
  15. Vikingur

Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

RyanMan12 said:
    kalarhan said:
    RyanMan12 said:
    in battle is there a way to change the units melee weapon?

weapons are selected based on type of formation (like shield wall), the weapons stats, the context (siege, on a horse, on a boat, etc), and so on. If you want to change things further you will need to look at modding, which allows you to rebalance/chance anything to your liking

:arrow: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,416.0.html
    so if im doing a land battle what formation would I need to choose to have my units switch from a spear to a sword or such?

Shield wall, put swords/axes up front and spears in rear.

P.S. for more fun in the shield wall. After you’ve got a good defensive formation saved. Go to mod options and check enemy always charges. It’s more fun imho
  16. Vikingur

Gender Swap Vikings Conquest

Somebody said:
    You can also make troops spawn as a mix of both genders
    Code:
    dplmc_random_mixed_gender = (ti_on_agent_spawn, 0, 0, [
      (ge, "$g_disable_condescending_comments", 4),
    ],
    [
      (store_trigger_param_1, ":agent_no"),
      (agent_is_human, ":agent_no"),
      (agent_get_troop_id, ":troop_no", ":agent_no"),
      (neg|troop_is_hero, ":troop_no"),
      (neg|is_between, ":troop_no", "trp_follower_woman", "trp_caravan_master"), #always female
      #SB : check non-native troop genders

#get individual faction chances
      (store_faction_of_troop, ":faction_no", ":troop_no"),
      (try_begin), #TODO: this affects the next agent to spawn as well if custom ratio skewed too high
        (agent_get_party_id, ":party_no", ":agent_no"),
        (party_is_active, ":party_no"),
        (store_faction_of_party, ":party_faction", ":party_no"),
        # (eq, ":party_faction", "$players_kingdom"),
        (call_script, "script_dplmc_get_troop_standing_in_faction", "trp_player", ":party_faction"),
        (ge, reg0, DPLMC_FACTION_STANDING_LEADER),
        (assign, ":faction_no", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
      (try_end),
      (faction_get_slot, ":ratio", ":faction_no", slot_faction_gender_ratio),
      (store_random_in_range, ":gender", -100, ":ratio"),
      (try_begin),
        (le, ":gender", 0),
        (troop_set_type, ":troop_no", tf_male),
      (else_try),
        (troop_set_type, ":troop_no", tf_female),
      (try_end),
    ])

Brilliant!
  17. Vikingur

xSethrin said:
    Any save editor in particular? A quick google search found me this one: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=295270.0
    Will that work?

Yup, have fun :party:
  18. Vikingur

Save game editor, can sort all that. Or even allow a work around that doesn’t  involve gender swapping. You can edit slots to be married or related to whomever.
  19. Vikingur

SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

After watching the season finale, I want to be the Night King and kill all of them.
Back
Top Bottom