Search results for query: *

1. The Vladinator

Please support the Console version!

Please lock this thread.

It was pointless to try and be positive in this forum and it surely will be the last time I waste my time writing on it. Thank you to the trolls (excluding Starlord and a few others) who believe they can s### all over the thread and not stick to the OP.
  2. The Vladinator

There are several games that have mods on console. Snow runner is one example . The game has had entire maps and vehicles added that doesn't exist in the base game. 1 more thing when you have a mod installed for a game it's not your PC that's modded
    This.

Not to mention Arma Reformer, Flight Simulator, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, etc.

As to a previous post about the fact that console was a cash grab. In response I don't believe this because I believe they did so to also bring the game to consoles to have a wider player base and a bigger community - not just because it was profitable.
  3. The Vladinator

No they said they had no plans at the moment for mod support on the console, so it may happen but we don't know.

I'm really disappointed in the forum community, especially from a handful of users, who feel it's necessary to dump on my positive thread. I tried my hardest to make this post a positive focussed thread based on a fantastic game, and indeed playing it on the Xbox Series X and having a blast. Why don't you actually read my OP before being offensive.

If you have nothing positive to say don't post. This thread is supposed to show how much support Taleworlds has on the console, not for fellow gamers on the PC to spread hate or to tell me and other console gamers how stupid we are, or how we are responsible for the state of the game.

P.S. Instead of being a hateful or brash person why don't you all take that energy and do something positive with it, like finding bugs for the Devs or coming up with suggestions.
  4. The Vladinator

Patch Notes v1.0.1

Great to see the update, it's a nice 9gb update on my Xbox. Looking forward to checking out the multiplayer and reporting any bugs I find!
  5. The Vladinator

Reading the Console Reviews coming in is simply mind boggling

I think the game is great on console but not 10/10. There's so much potential for expansion, add one and such that Taleworlds could make a fortune. Hopefully that's what they end up doing, even if they sell expanded content 😊

I think the reviews reflect an accurate review based on a fresh look at the game, not from the view of those vets who've been through the whole journey. Hopefully the journey from here isn't as bad
  6. The Vladinator

As rough and simple as it is, I respect your effort.
    Thanks mate 😊 it's better than carrying on without nothing to offer. I'm really hopeful for the future of the game and everything it has to offer!
  7. The Vladinator

This game sucks

Hmmm.. I think constructive criticism and feedback is important. Why not actually now that full release has occurred, make it abundantly clear what you want fixed? Making a thread that is titled 'This game sucks' I believe is a misconception of the idea of providing feedback.

I wrote in another post why feedback is important. I will quote it below.

It's sad to see that Taleworlds have not responded to the concerns players have. I believe that @TaleWorlds should make their position clear, provide development roadmaps and listen to community feedback if they want a game that continues to have a vibrant and humming community. These forums are full of broken promises but maybe with full release that will change.
    They don't even support the PC version what makes you think they give a **** about you either

The reason I say this is explained below:

Profits and Redistribution
    If we take a sales figure to date of about 10 million copies (was 3.1 million as at July 2022 according to my research), then we will use that round figure as an estimate of how many copies have sold this far.

If each copy of the game is sold for $40 USD that is a total of $400,000,000 dollars made from the game sales.

Then subtract costs. Let's say the costs of development is similar to GTA V at $200,000,000. That leaves Taleworlds $200,000,000 in profit margins. I would say that probably has blown out of proportion because how long it was in development so that's probably an interesting figure.

Then we subtract the cut Steam and other companies take. Let's leave it at Steams 30%.
    ---
    That would mean a tasty $60,000,000 is taken for selling the game and Taleworlds is left with $140,000,000.
    ---

Why does this matter to the games overall continuing support? Well, at those estimated figures, the game needs to perform well in sales and money made for Taleworlds to make profit from the game. Thus, it would make sense for the company and honour its shareholders to support the community. By players and consumers showing that they want more, bug fixes, more content and to deal with issues that have not been dealt with until now, now that it is launched need to be dealt with for the making of the game to be profitable.

For example: the multiplayer has an in-game store for cosmetics that you unlock by playing multiplayer. I can see that they may end up doing what Chivalry 2 did in selling in-game currency for real life money, thus allowing the purchase of cosmetics. In addition to expansions etc they could make alot of money for more content with smaller development time (ie the Paradox Interactive strategy). While GTA V was expensive to make, it made $6 Billion in worldwide revenue.

From that $140,000,000 if they invest $40 mil in hiring more programmers etc they can make the changes and content people would like to increase profits. $40 mil could buy you 20 positions for 2 year contracts at $100k per year, ultimately paying for experienced content creators to firstly fix issues and then create more content - but it would require investment. That investment would make more profit, and therefore make the game profitable.

Atm a glance makes it look like they've lost millions of dollars in making the game if they didn't break even.

Remember: Gaming is an industry as much as it is entertainment.

So yeh post and let your voice be heard. This post is about the fact I want the console version to be supported. Voicing your opinion makes them know what the community wants so they can make in the long run more 💸💸💸. The worse reputation the game gets, the less copies people will buy. Lets endeavour to help Taleworlds out though and let them know what the community wants so the game can get better for everyone with more and more content and fixes ☺️ And it makes business sense for Taleworlds to get on board and hear us out. That's why it's important to be constructive in giving them feedback.

TLDR:
    They're probably making $140 mil profit after selling 10 mil copies for around $400 mil. Your voice matters so they can fix stuff and make the game better, and that's why I want console support 👍

P.S
    Research:
    aurochdigital.com/blog/2021/8/19/how-much-does-it-cost-to-make-a-game
    protocol.com/bulletins/valve-defends-30-percent-commission
    steamspy.com/dev/TaleWorlds+Entertainmentt

This isn't an in-depth analysis just making a point why voicing concerns matter.
    You can go uphill and down dale going red in the face, swearing and cursing...but the game hasn't been fully released for long. Yeh the game has been in development for years and there's stuff to fix but overall it's pretty good. Have you heard of Star Citizen? Have you seen the development of Chivalry 2 that still has the same issues the game had on day 1? There are many worse examples than this game that one can complain about but what's the point in doing that if it isn't constructive? Imo there is no point.

Make a difference by doing stuff that matters. Report bugs, give feedback on individual game aspects and make suggestions. Again, it matters even if no-one replies - TW wants to make money out of the game, and the way they do that in droves is by listening to constructive community feedback.

If there is no evidence of response from devs, where is your evidence someone from TW isn't monitoring the forums? Where is the evidence that your opinion doesn't matter? Where is the evidence that they don't care about their game that they need to make money from? If you can answer those questions in a decent way people will listen otherwise it's just drivel.
  8. The Vladinator

It's sad to see that Taleworlds have not responded to the concerns players have. I believe that @TaleWorlds should make their position clear, provide development roadmaps and listen to community feedback if they want a game that continues to have a vibrant and humming community. These forums are full of broken promises but maybe with full release that will change.
    They don't even support the PC version what makes you think they give a **** about you either

The reason I say this is explained below:

Profits and Redistribution
    If we take a sales figure to date of about 10 million copies (was 3.1 million as at July 2022 according to my research), then we will use that round figure as an estimate of how many copies have sold this far.

If each copy of the game is sold for $40 USD that is a total of $400,000,000 dollars made from the game sales.

Then subtract costs. Let's say the costs of development is similar to GTA V at $200,000,000. That leaves Taleworlds $200,000,000 in profit margins. I would say that probably has blown out of proportion because how long it was in development so that's probably an interesting figure.

Then we subtract the cut Steam and other companies take. Let's leave it at Steams 30%.
    ---
    That would mean a tasty $60,000,000 is taken for selling the game and Taleworlds is left with $140,000,000.
    ---

Why does this matter to the games overall continuing support? Well, at those estimated figures, the game needs to perform well in sales and money made for Taleworlds to make profit from the game. Thus, it would make sense for the company and honour its shareholders to support the community. By players and consumers showing that they want more, bug fixes, more content and to deal with issues that have not been dealt with until now, now that it is launched need to be dealt with for the making of the game to be profitable.

For example: the multiplayer has an in-game store for cosmetics that you unlock by playing multiplayer. I can see that they may end up doing what Chivalry 2 did in selling in-game currency for real life money, thus allowing the purchase of cosmetics. In addition to expansions etc they could make alot of money for more content with smaller development time (ie the Paradox Interactive strategy). While GTA V was expensive to make, it made $6 Billion in worldwide revenue.

From that $140,000,000 if they invest $40 mil in hiring more programmers etc they can make the changes and content people would like to increase profits. $40 mil could buy you 20 positions for 2 year contracts at $100k per year, ultimately paying for experienced content creators to firstly fix issues and then create more content - but it would require investment. That investment would make more profit, and therefore make the game profitable.

Atm a glance makes it look like they've lost millions of dollars in making the game if they didn't break even.

Remember: Gaming is an industry as much as it is entertainment.

So yeh post and let your voice be heard. This post is about the fact I want the console version to be supported. Voicing your opinion makes them know what the community wants so they can make in the long run more 💸💸💸. The worse reputation the game gets, the less copies people will buy. Lets endeavour to help Taleworlds out though and let them know what the community wants so the game can get better for everyone with more and more content and fixes ☺️ And it makes business sense for Taleworlds to get on board and hear us out. That's why it's important to be constructive in giving them feedback.

TLDR:
    They're probably making $140 mil profit after selling 10 mil copies for around $400 mil. Your voice matters so they can fix stuff and make the game better, and that's why I want console support 👍

P.S
    Research:
    aurochdigital.com/blog/2021/8/19/how-much-does-it-cost-to-make-a-game
    protocol.com/bulletins/valve-defends-30-percent-commission
    steamspy.com/dev/TaleWorlds+Entertainmentt

This isn't an in-depth analysis just making a point why voicing concerns matter.
  9. The Vladinator

Unless something goes horribly wrong, you don't have to be afraid for console support for at least 4-5yrs I'd wager.
    Compared to games like Chivalry 2 on the Xbox I think the game is fantastic on release, and definitely has alot of potential for more via expansions and mods (if we get mod support: but many companies have already started doing that aka Bethesda and Arma via Reformer).

Hopefully it won't take that long 🙂 Warband in it's console lifetime only got a few patches, I'm hopeful for more and I made this post to illustrate that. The whole M&B console community wants more. I'm sure they can deliver if they want to spend a proportion of what they make on release on supporting the gaming community and continuing expansions and content!

I'm positive because when you're a console player you learn to be continuously disappointed. I'm positive because there's no other option 🤪
  10. The Vladinator

Id say with taleworld is was the other way round they purposefully left the game dry with no meaningful content so they could release it on last gen console they also let multiplier die out on pc so there is no chance that console multiplayer will stay around
    That's crappy maybe though post full release we can ask for things to change? Make your voices heard!

I'm tired of lots of complaining if there are thousands of players who aren't happy let's get them all to post and show how much they want things to change.

Companies thrive on continued support for a game I'm sure Taleworlds feels that a supportive community is what they want. I encourage anyone who disagrees with this to let them know why and how you feel.

I personally feel left out way too often as I prefer to play on my Xbox. It's relaxed and fun and I don't have to deal with an OS. I am being as positive as I can as the game just came out on console and I'm hoping that Taleworlds bucks the trend
  11. The Vladinator

G'day Taleworlds and Community! I wanted to just express how grateful I am for Bannerlord to have been released for console, it's awesome! I really enjoy the game and I think it surpasses games like Chivalry 2 by miles. The multiplayer is enjoyable (albeit sometimes a little empty) and I...
Back
Top Bottom