Search results for query: *

1. Trouble adding custom native armor modifications as new armor into game.

As a first rule, you never edit the Native module or the Common Resource files. You already made a copy of the Native module, a good start, but everything which you create anew, even if it is a simple duplicate, should go into your module's texture and resource folder.

Make sure that
    1. the brf file is getting loaded in module.ini via load_mod_resource,
    2. the material and texture entries are in the same brf file as the mesh (they can be inside different brf files but then you need to respect the loading order; for beginners it's easier to just put them all into the same brf file) and are referencing the new file properly,
    3. the texture has been added into your texture folder
    OpenBRF has a search error function with which you can check, which misstake might have happened at your new added meshes. There are probably still a lot of Native errors but you can just load more errors and scroll until you see the lines for your new added items.

I can't really help you with adding the item to the files via Morgh's Editor since I am using the Module System and don't know the need-to-look-for's of Morgh's Editor. You might alternatively also start getting used to the Module System. It's not as difficult as it looks like and in the longrun, depending on what you want to achieve, you can do more stuff at your module.
    Wow what a quick response! I'm very appreciative for it, and so glad I didn't sleep like I needed to haha.
    Ok so a couple of things: First off, I have noted what you said about not modifying the CommonRes file. I went ahead and reverted it back to basic vanilla warband.
    Second off, you sir are my hero. You know what it was? I wasn't importing any of the meshes into the same BRF files as my meshes. The second I had the textures in my module's texture file, and imported them and the materials into the same BRF file, it all showed up in the game. I can't thank you enough ^_^
    Lastly, Morghs was really cool for me to just do some really simple stuff, but I have such an interest in learning the Module System. This isn't the forum to ask too much about it, but that's definitely my next step. That's something i'll have to do on my own, and if I have more questions about it (which i'm sure I will), then i'll just have to make another post.
    Genuinely, thank you again friend, and I am reading the hobbit now and appreciated the quote pinned with your replies, -Lope
  2. Trouble adding custom native armor modifications as new armor into game.

Hello everyone, I just want to say that I am new to modding Warband, and I appreciate anyone taking their time to help me with my query. I have recently begun trying to make custom versions of the plate armor in native, then adding said mesh as a new item in my module. I have successfully added...
Back
Top Bottom