Search results for query: *

1. What's up with autoresolve?

A standard lordkiller party of around 120 high/max tier men. In this case, ranged, but it wouldnt have mattered if it had been infantry instead.
    Okay. Do you know what other drawbacks there is to using autoresolve? It seems to give less loot vs. playing yourself, is there something else? Less experience?
  2. What's up with autoresolve?

Essentially, yes.

Just to test how well it actually performs atm., I gave myself 300 tactics and autoresolved a couple of battles against normal parties.

I would still loose around 10-20 men (wounded included) depending on the strength of the hostile party. In none of the cases would I have expected to loose anyone, if I had fought it myself. And, for good order, I fought a small army, around 450. My party was totally wiped out.

Tactics is not overpowered.
    What was the size and composition of your party and the enemy parties you tested this with?
  3. What's up with autoresolve?

It's kind of a win-more skill. When you have a large force and high tactics you can auto resolves with few losses but when closer in power or less tactics you're are so much better off fighting live and using good actual tactics. But of course you could just live battle with the large force and still do even better or control what troops go in for the kill (and exp) and such. And it's not perfect either, you can still lose a t6 unit to a small party with high tactics and a huge army and that 1 troops is worth more then the time saved by auto calcing the battle.

It gives the AI faction lords a slight edge over you wanderers if they run a party or are promoted to a clans. The AI lords are spawned with decent tactics, but anyone in your clan has a hard time gaining it as you hog all the skill if they're in an army with you and if they're free roaming..... well good luck doing much of anything on their own.

I find it my least priority, tied with polearm. Their are some okay perks mixed in but the actual skill is very poor and does very little as it grows only being noticeable when you have very high tactics and an overt power advantage.

I have seen people do only (or almost) auto calc games though, so it does have fringe playstyle, it's just not common.
    I still just think autoresolve is OP and rewards the player way too much for not fighting themselves, at least in the late game. I shouldn't have a warrior type character who will eventually get his tactics skill high enough for being better off autoresolving every battle except for siege attacks. I get equal or better results in every single non siege attack battle by autoresolving. Maybe I'm just doing something horribly wrong then when fighting and commanding the troops myself.
  4. Dungeon capacity?

I'm having a hard time fitting a couple of enemy lords into friendly dungeons, yet the AI manages to cram 29250 billion bums into a single dungeon. What?
  5. What's up with autoresolve?

Auto-resolve equals stupidity-resolve.
    You resolve yourself = no casualty
    You trust the stupid implemented system = 15 looters can kill 3 T6 vs 300… this no-brain system, sadly… probably enough for console players and money makers 😉🖕🖕🖕
    Yeah, it's a bad design if high tier troops die when autoresolving against weakling opponents, especially if you have even some investment in the Tactics skill. My problem is that a decent Tactics skill level makes it redundant to fight yourself against equal or more powerful opponents. I have almost full points in Vigor and Endurance and only 3 points in Cunning (under which Tactics skill belong to), so my character isn't even that specialized in Tactics/autoresolve. Yet, I'm better off just autoresolving almost everything at this point. And I'm pretty sure I'm not that bad of a player that it'd be expected for an autoresolve mechanic to outperform me. 😅
  6. What's up with autoresolve?

In the late game it's just a "press to win with minimal casualties" button or in some cases "press to win a battle you'd probably otherwise lose" button. It's nuts. Granted, my tactics skill is over 200, but why would a skill exist in a game that removes the incentive to engage in the essential...
Back
Top Bottom