Search results for query: *

• Users: Taveren
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Taveren

Losing relation and honor when executing enemy lord - how exactly??

It makes zero sense in Blanderlord that your own vassals will lose relation with you when you execute a criminal or dishonourable lord (""...is dishonorable in every way"), unless it is intended to imply they now fear you may chop their heads of too. As in, they have serious trust issues with...
  2. Taveren

SP - Battles & Sieges Sieging armies not leaving any garrison behind...FIX needed

This issue has been present for a very long time and is incredibly frustrating, yet should be easy to fix with a few simple lines of code. EVERY time an army captures a fief, whether it is a castle or town, they leave without donating a single soldier to the garrison they leave behind. So...
  3. Taveren

Voice over - is it adding anything?

I'm all for voicing in games, it adds immersion...sometimes. I get that there was probably a limited budget for vocal actors, so maybe only one female actor was hired. The cringy way some of the characters (especially females) speak in Bannerlord is however not the same thing as sounding like...
  4. Taveren

Endgame = mindless endless war

It seems the only programming the developers could come up with for the later stages of the game is for every other faction to endlessly declare war on the main protagonist. Not even one week goes by with peace in place. Just putting out fires all over the place, until you lose your temper and...
  5. Taveren

Story mode main quest - what a yawn...

So, you have 10 years to compete the main quest. Deciding whether to declare a continuation of the empire, or start a fresh dynasty of whatever. So in my current game, I started by eliminating the empire piece by piece, until all the empire is mine, and I control most of the world map. Not...
  6. Taveren

In pursuit of a fuller experience - list your essential mod collection

Many of us will agree than Blanderlord could do with a few improvements in the areas of, well everything really. Here are the mods that keep me playing in spite of the irritations caused by the lack of immersion, diplomacy, troop trees that make sense, AI intelligence, etc. ESSENTIAL FOR...
  7. Taveren

Dead factions not dead....Really??

I fail to understand how a faction with NO (i.e. ZERO, NADA, ZILCH) fiefs for over an in-game year, can still exist, have funds to hire numerous mercenary companies, muster several armies to besiege castles from opposing factions, and where every single clan leader when spoken to "is happy with...
  8. Taveren

A case for the noble nature of "Sir" Jocelyn

I find it perplexing (and teeth-grindingly frustrating to be honest) that 'Sir' Jocelyn is considered a commoner by the PoP team. Not fair. Not just. Unjust in fact. To become a Knight one has to complete a gruelling trial of combat by arms, a fast, abstaining of all sustenance but clear water...
  9. Taveren

xml vs xslt for troop override question

A simple question (I hope) for experienced modders to answer. If I want to make a troop overhaul to include a new upgrade pathway, can I copy the existing troopline notes from the SandboxCore folder "spnpccharacters.xml" file and copy to my override folder, make the changes, and just activate...
  10. Taveren

Variety Project

Just sharing some overhauls of vanilla troops I made to include all available armor and weapon items, add variety to their gear loadout, and add consistent progression to gear scaling through levels of troop units. Also included many if not all of the latest added item in 1.8. I made overhauls...
  11. Taveren

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Call all wanderers, 'the wanderer" and have a chat to discover more

I find it bland that you know (via the encyclopaedia or notification in tavern), that the possible companion is a "spice vendor", or "the lucky", "the goat", "horsethief" (immediately put off), etc. Especially once you start knowing what the name implies. It would be a lot more immersive if you...
  12. Taveren

NEWBIE question

Hi, totally new to PoP, or Warband. Have played Bannerlord extensively. My question, when you play PoP, is it like "Land of Sika" for Bannerlord, i.e. NO OTHER MODS needed/suggested, or should/could you still use modes like "Floris Pack"? TL;DR: Is Prophesy of Pendor a fully 'inclusive' mod, or...
  13. Taveren

Resolved AI handing every captured fief to player

Summary: Since the latest 1.8 update every captured settlement/castle is given to player by faction leader (Vlandia) in spite of low clan strength, many fiefs already. Financial ruin ensues How to Reproduce: Just be a vassal of Vlandia I guess Have you used cheats and if so which: Cheats, no...
  14. Taveren

SP - Battles & Sieges Campaigns and wars AI control lacking

I get frustrated (and tired) of lords in my kingdom creating impotent little armies, getting caught while doing a impossible siege, and having to be rescued/ransomed by the king. Illogical programming rules at present. Their needs to be an overall campaign (war marshal) ability for the ruler to...
  15. Taveren

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Banners for companions raised to vassals

It is a great feature of Bannerlord that you can raise companions to vassals. You even get to choose the name of their clan. But you can not choose the clan banner.... and the AI selects really silly things (I've had an apple, an upside down pineapple looking thing, ect.) So, please let the...
  16. Taveren

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Improved AI for clan parties

It would be great to have more control over what clan parties do once created. It is a disincentive at present to create a clan party when there is no control, no way to instruct the party leader of ways to help the clan, and no way to give them orders that support the vision of the clan leader...
  17. Taveren

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops [moved] Stop low skill level NPC commanders from leading parties

Two main areas I hope TW will consider for the next patch: 1. Limit ability to lead parties based on leadership/charm/stewardship/tactics stats: Maybe this has been mentioned previously, but one of the most frustrating/annoying features of the single player campaign is the incredible number of...
  18. Taveren

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Political AI needs intelligence regarding marriage, etc.

The AI programming making decisions related to marriage alliances between clans, and especially nations needs some work. It is terrible at present! Examples of illogical AI decision making: 1. Daughter from tier 4 Western Empire clan (led by Phostor, rich) marries daughter Phaea to a poor...
Back
Top Bottom