Search results for query: *

1. bigdahhwg

SP - General Old vs New Troop Assignment/Organization - Make Optional

I did watch the Development #10 video, and how you can edit further by class (Shield/Pike/2 Hand). This is great and covers 40% of my grievance :grin: , but I need to keep my recruits separate from soldiers and veterans. Not sure how this can be solved, or if it's being worked on.

I see there are a number of other "veterans" and "Sergeants" of this forum that mentioned the same thing. Take care of us Taleworlds!!!
  2. bigdahhwg

SP - Battles & Sieges I need to put Specific troops into their own group in OOB/pre-deployment, I want more direct control of this.

+ 1

I noted a suggestion post in this as well.

Has anyone released a mod that overrides this yet? This change should be an optional setting. I miss micromanaging my troops.
  3. bigdahhwg

SP - General 1.7.0 Custom Groups Removed

Gosh... This couldn't be more accurate.
    For me, the in depth troop organization was one of my favorite parts of the games. This new update goes against the most basic military strategy. Like Tactics 101. In line formations, recruits (fodder) go first. Soldiers next, and veterans last. Pikemen are separate from 1 or 2 handed swords classes. Phalanx is a great military example of this.

The update is great for new people trying to figure out the basics of battle control. Lets be honest, there is a learning curve there.

There have been a lot of awesome improvements, some bad... This for me takes this game from an "A", to a "B-/C+" :sad: . The Devs at Taleworlds are super smart at game development, clearly. There are tons of moving parts and features that go into this system. AI, physics, terrain engines, etc... Maybe Taleworlds should invest in their team, and make a company trip to a military museum or something to learn about historical battle tactics. Not a knock, programmers and game devs are good at programming and game design. Military strategist, are good at military strategy. It would be a pretty niche career path if they mastered both, the gap is an understandable miss.

Now its time to fix it, or at the very least, make this new handicapped version an optional setting.
  4. bigdahhwg

SP - General Old vs New Troop Assignment/Organization - Make Optional

Hey Taleworlds team, I've plugged over 1900 hours into Bannerlords 2. The strategy aspect, immersion, graphics and gameplay experience are top notch. I've played with many mods, and also have enjoyed it as vanilla. I've never seen endgame, because my game usually crashes by that point, but I...
Back
Top Bottom