Search results for query: *

1. Unify the Empire - what is supposed to happen?

I believe it is control 2/3 of Imperial settlements (cities) for it to count as complete.

Your imperial faction would control enough of the empire to morally claim victory.

I believe if you have given Lucon or his successor the dragon banner it would award you the imperial campaign victory achievement
  2. Upkeep for mounted troops

I agree, it certainly would make sense as the upkeep and expense is what would prevent large amounts of cav in most armies

In some patches cav aren’t the super elite unit and are part of a rock paper scissors component so in a video game sense, they sometimes wouldn’t be worth that extra cost

They are very expensive to buy/train/upgrade but I think once you get over the economic hump it wouldn’t really be noticeable (which I assume would be Ananda’s point)

Still I think it makes good sense and as balance and time goes on it would be worth implementing. I would rather them polish elsewhere for now
  3. Do the Aserai have the worst noble troop tree?

I like that they have a solid range weapon and make a nice honour guard
    I find they do well one one flank with cav archers on the other for disrupting the enemy before the infantry walls meet
    They don’t insta stuck in like other melee cav.
    I don’t think they are the best but they are well rounded and a nice unit to lead if you are doing a throwing play through
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the biggest reason was their helmet, but imo they also suffer in killing except in the case of throwing (but as I've said, this is all from my personal observations rather than any actual data) so I think that their proficiencies should be increased as well.

Yes, the player can probably make them a great unit, but I think that a unit requiring micromanagement to be as competitive makes that unit worse (since the management also takes away from player's personal combat effectiveness).
  4. Can I have a cookie pls, trade exploit

Grinding trade is brutal so I hope they offer other ways to increase trade if they remove this
  5. [MOD] Roman empire reskin

I haven’t actually done it myself. I’m working on finishing the campaign quest for the first time but was looking at the mod for a next Playthrough

There is a steam version which has the mod list (which also on steam workshop now)

Some videos out there was well

My custom units I was debating on are:
    recruit -> leves (javelin troop) -> velite (advanced javelin troop with wolf helm)

And then maybe a hastati/principe/triari or later Roman legion is you are more inclined (blobs of late legionaries are likely better for the AI to use than 3+ separate units)
  6. Mercenaries never have enough troops

ah apologies. I misunderstood. I got caught up on the “hemorrhaging money/can’t pay” part

I tend to make new clans from companions or recruit clans. I don’t trust mercenary clans very much as they seem so quick to drop on the AI
    I'm more concerned about how to actually get Mercenaries to join my army, instead of being constantly undermanned - that would save me a tonne on having companion parties.

I'm making an income from battles, but having the companion parties is incredibly limiting - as the most I can raise across my entire Kingdom is 499 troops.
  7. [MOD] Roman empire reskin

You could use my little warband and make your own Romanesque troops with existing in game assets.
  8. Mercenaries never have enough troops

Limiting how much they can recruit by the party sliders to keep them from bankrupting you
    Passive income from workshops, caravans, spring of gold steward perk, your town
    Active income from smithing and battles
  9. Need More Info Achievements not working Steam

It seems like some of the achievements are broken as has been reported elsewhere. I was able to get butterlord and apple of my eye
  10. Need More Info Achievements not working Steam

i am not playing in sandbox mode. Errors are in campaign mode.

tutorial, clear hideout, duel radagos achievements unlocked. No other achievements have unlocked since
  11. Need More Info Achievements not working Steam

I was able to get other achievements and did not enable cheat codes etc. It does seem like other players are effected. If I have time I’m going to start a new game and try to make a run at an achievement without saving/closing the game to see if I can get one to unlock

Thank you for your suggestion though. I want to make a run at beating the campaign but not until I know achievements are working as intended
  12. Need More Info Achievements not working Steam

Summary: no credit for achievements on steam How to Reproduce: play campaign mode Have you used cheats and if so which: none Scene Name (if related): Media (Screenshots & Video): Computer Specs: OS: GPU: GPU Driver Version: CPU: RAM: Motherboard: Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Achievements worked...
  13. Resolved Epic Game Store - achievements session bug

Seems to be issues with steam achievements as well. In my first session i received ones for completing the tutorial in latter sessions I haven’t received credit for winning a tournament or having both a workshop/caravan at the same time
  14. Beta Patch Notes e1.9.0

I'm now at my gaming PC. Swordsister start at tier 3 in fact. Tier 4 has hickory xbow with 93 pierce damage. Tier 5 is split. Horse one has light xbow and foot one heavy xbow with 82 pierce damage.
    ah that was it. I would assume the heavy would be the one on the t4 and hickory on the t5
  15. Beta Patch Notes e1.9.0

Yeah, that was my thinking, that on horse they need light crossbow or have perk. Btw does AI use perks? 🤔
    I believe the troopers get the base bonus of the skill level only
    One handed: +weapon speed/dam
    Riding: +speed/maneuver
    Crossbow: +reload speed, accuracy
    Etc.
    And that only the heroes use perks
  16. Mercenary troops should be competitive with regular soldiers, Veteran's Respect should upgrade bandits to mercenaries

Why did they decide to have sword sisters have no head armor? It's these basic decisions that are so perplexing into how the game has been updating (ie pilums going from throwable to not).
    I think it’s a nod to warband where some of the sets of troopers didn’t have helms/head armour
  17. Beta Patch Notes e1.9.0

If I’m not mistaken it in the foot one with the apparent error. The cavalry ones have lighter ones so they can reloaded whilst mounted

I’m at work so I can’t boot up to check the encyclopedia
  18. Beta Patch Notes e1.9.0

If it already reported the tier 3 battle sisters have better crossbows than the top tier ones. I believe they are meant to be swapped
  19. Mercenary troops should be competitive with regular soldiers, Veteran's Respect should upgrade bandits to mercenaries

I have always been a fan of mercenaries, and I agree with the idea of it but would like to continue to see more tweaking

They are expensive to hire, very high upkeep and inferior quality

I respect that there are skills (Merc hire/upgrade/upkeep reduction) and taken all together they can be quite cheap (at least upkeep wise) but with the recent spike in upkeep they seem quite lacking

I think they should be comparable to non noble units but more expensive (without skills)

Without equipment buffs/changes, I would just remove the upkeep increase as they seem about one tier below their level already (and thus have a higher upkeep built in)
  20. Bring back the old unit formation in party screen PLEASE !

I would like a little more control of how my units are setup as it would add a little more to roleplay
    Having a Battanian companion leading a unit of fians when I am doing a empire rp build would be satisfying. Or a dedicated unit of crossbows in my otherwise bow army etc.
Back
Top Bottom