Search results for query: *

1. Resolved Horrible sound breaking and crackling in large battles (save file and recording included)

Could you send us the .sedf files located below via the ticketing system?
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Sounds
    Here are the files. Please, let me if you have a problem downloading them.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/11gnr9bwyD4Ib-y4OWXVP-37i1z9gCqZG/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fAqy_uJYN6uA64WoKObIJgn_c9LUNZ1f/view?usp=sharing
  2. Resolved Horrible sound breaking and crackling in large battles (save file and recording included)

I have experienced this same issue multiple times on 1.6.5 beta. Turning number of sound channels to minimum has fixed it immediately for me each time.
    What sound card do you have? It gets a bit better for when I do that, but not completely fixed.
  3. Resolved Horrible sound breaking and crackling in large battles (save file and recording included)

Are your sound card or mainboard drivers up to date? We can't reproduce it on same specs.
    I've checked. They're all up to date.
  4. Resolved Horrible sound breaking and crackling in large battles (save file and recording included)

Are you still experiencing this issue even when the sound channel setting set to max value?
    It's actually worse when the sound channel setting is set to maximum. What you hear in the sound file I attached is on the lowest sound channel setting.
  5. Resolved Horrible sound breaking and crackling in large battles (save file and recording included)

I've had this same issue for months and nothing fixes it. It seems like when hundreds of sound effects try to play simultaneously that's the issue.
    Yes, that's what it is.
  6. Resolved Horrible sound breaking and crackling in large battles (save file and recording included)

Hello, it seems my audio problem that I posted yesterday about audio crackling when riding on stone pavement is related to this problem because I also experience sound breaking during large battles.
    Can you try turning down the effect volume completely? If you can still hear the music, then I think it's likely that the cause is the sound of the fighting or the screaming that causes this.
  7. Resolved Horrible sound breaking and crackling in large battles (save file and recording included)

Have you restarted the game after changing the sound channels setting? Asking just to be sure.
    Hi, thank you for replying. I have, and I'll give you everything I've noticed. I was already on the lowest Sound Channels setting when it happened. Kicking it up midbattle only makes it worse. Restarting after setting doesn't do anything. All I know is that it happens when I'm near a large mass of infantry who are in combat. Everything is fine if they are not in combat. I also noticed that it always happens when a lot of soldiers scream at the same time. In fact, I'm beginning to believe that it's the screaming sound effect from multiple sources at the same time that is the cause of it because the problem was gone when I turned off sound effect in audio setting and let only the music play. But that also means I have to play without battle sound effect :sad:
  8. Resolved Horrible sound breaking and crackling in large battles (save file and recording included)

Summary: In large battles, when troops arrive at each other and begin fighting, the sound breaks up really bad. It's like the sound gets mushed together and becomes like static. It only happens when I'm near a clump of infantry that are engaging in combat, and disappears if I'm far enough away...
Back
Top Bottom