Search results for query: *

1. In Progress Tactics Simulation Advantage messed up

Thank you so much : )
  2. In Progress Tactics Simulation Advantage messed up

Summary: After receiving the recent small update patch that said it fixed simulation issues in troop damage, I checked my Tactics skill and it now says: (Personal) Simulation Advantage: +0.1% However, I was at 25% before the update and have gained several levels in tactics since then. I'm...
  3. In Progress Car Bensath is missing arrow barrels

I also just noticed this after returning to Mount and Blade Bannerlord yesterday. There seems to be arrow barrels missing in quite a few places where they used to be

I've seen several issues playing for the Battanians where there arrow barrels are missing. Also for some reason on that note, the soldiers like to hide back away from the walls (the archers) during their town battle 🤷‍♂️

And besides Battanians, I've also noticed arrow barrels missing from the defenders side of sieges. So I think the arrow barrel issue may be widespread

I am happy to see arrows being able to be picked up off the ground and such, more often now, as that has helped majorly. Especially on battles in sieges and elsewhere

Edit: I just read this was posted for Xbox. I wanted to make sure I noted what I am playing on, which is PC off of Steam. Apologies, I merely searched for the arrow barrel problem and didn't realize it divided consoles, which makes sense
  4. 1.8.0 kicking companions from clan

Yep

The way they set it up currently isn't logical. It was logical originally
  5. 1.8.0 kicking companions from clan

SO you can dispose of the trash to make room for more to spawn hopping for a lucky wanderer drop with a few skill. 💊🤡💊
    I might went for just making them all better or some way to request certain types but.... oh well.
    Of course the skills barely matter, you can use mod recruit anyone and see even the no skill tavern maid is a fine vassal.
    That's one thing I've thought for awhile and hoped they'll do. Allowing skills to be seen before adding them to your party. As that'd solve most issues

Not sure I know the mod you speak of

Just started using mods recently and had a bit of trouble especially since some only work with certain versions of the game

I try to keep as much as I can to the original game, as it is brilliantly made and I want to enjoy it as much in its original form as I can. The mods though that add to the experience, make it better, I do want those

I haven't run across too many yet that I know for sure on adding great stuff whilst also being compatible with the current version. Looks like you have to go back and forth on the version of the game your playing to make some things work

...I think anyway?
  6. 1.8.0 kicking companions from clan

Thanks Taleworlds

So smart, yet not somehow
  7. 1.8.0 kicking companions from clan

So we went from being able to kick at any time, plus having a kick button on the clan screen, to you have to be on the road, then actually click to talk to them, then you can kick them

Plus they die

Taleworlds is brilliant (sarcasm)
  8. Resolved Suggestions about the new dynamics of the workshops and one minor bug about kick companions from the clan.

I want to add, it specifically being used as a mechanic for only removing them on the road doesn't make sense for this reason:

So you set the game for realism of traveling distance right? So mid-travel is the only way this feature works. What the feature currently is designed to do then is: A day rides journey (on a horse) out of the settlement and you decide "I want to make you leave"

Keep in mind usually when you kick a member out, it's because stat wise they aren't what you want, as there is no feature that's ever been added to see potential stats before adding members.

Moving on, you kicked the member out a days journey from town. Usually a regular first added member is not on a horse, and has almost nothing on them. So not only did you basically leave them on the side of the road, directly following picking them up, having them ride with you out, then just kicked them to the curb: they are also a days journey out from the nearest city, all alone, with whatever they have on them, and on foot. Oh, and usually there are bandits and gangs about. So...

Basically, like I read from a redditor that listed what kicking a clan member looks like for them, we are leaving them to die. Yay...

Way to feel good about the process.

This vs kicking them out at any time, such as in a settlement where they'd be fine.

The latter was actually the original way this worked as I remember as I have been playing the game since it started early access. So this was changed within the year recently by someone's decision, and it's been seen mainly as bad by any gamers that talk about it

So...I'm not seeing a lot of support for this change. Honestly the rest of the game was fine, and finding this change actually hurt the gaming experience quite a bit. So I'd like to recommend changing it back please

Especially for new people to the game who are left to figure this out for themselves, and are likely going to assume, like I did finding this new feature, that they are now stuck with any clan member they add (which they couldn't check stats for beforehand). This will also come off stupid to them as, like I said, they couldn't check stats beforehand
  9. Resolved Suggestions about the new dynamics of the workshops and one minor bug about kick companions from the clan.

Hey, this is the intended design for this mechanic of the game.

You can always create a suggestion post about this on the suggestions section of our forum. Thank you for your time.
    Wait wait wait, you said you intended that it's almost impossible to kick members from your clan?

May I ask why...?

Cause that makes no sense
  10. 1.8.0 kicking companions from clan

And by the way, everything else in the game is operating fine. If this feature wasn't being problematic the game actually would finally be where it needs to be. But you actually had someone alter the programming to do this

Good job Taleworlds, you actually made sure gamers would have a reason to be mad at your game cause you kicked yourself on this one. Get some sleep or something cause to make that decision you weren't thinking straight
  11. 1.8.0 kicking companions from clan

No one got back to this person? Really?!

Sigh...

I just found out about this today and I'm furious. Taleworlds, what the hell were you thinking!

This was a feature not long in the past before. Clan members could be kicked, and it made sense. It's not like you show what the new member can do stat wise before they join. So who's brilliant idea was it to remove the feature to kick clan members. Did you think it was realistic to ensure that people added can never be removed from a lord's service. Cause that's basically what's going on

You, usually in the game, become basically a well off fellow, with lots of money, and generally basically become a lord, or king. When in history has there ever been rulers or even regular people who don't remove people from their circles for various reasons

So taleworlds, can we please fix this. This is utter crap. There is literally no way to remove clan members at all currently which makes zero sense

And actually reply to people mods! The guys been waiting for literally 2 months!
  12. Respawn issue

Hmmm...I may try this. That's a really good strategy. It's realistic as well, forces often times retreat to get a better position

It's about the same as what I do with Horse Archers, using their mobility to circle around enemy forces and open fire on them

Granted, there are still some issues with archers actually firing. Not sure the full issue. May be due to the amount of data from a 100+ archers firing arrows *shrugs* not sure

Anyway though, this is really good stuff. It will help a lot

You can't run away unless you were the attacker (greater power) but you can re-start the fight, minus any defeated units, you can use this to wear down a large enemy force to the point where there won't be anymore reinforcement spawns .It works best if you have a lot of ranged units and can fire on an approaching enemy (or flank them with horse archers) and then TAB and retreat before they get close enough to kill any of your units.
  13. Respawn issue

Yeah it sucks and I wish they would finally change it either make them spawn at the back, or where you started the fight, or even let you choose to NOT have them spawn at all. As is I recommend to retreat when you see them spawn, you'll lose some loot potential but that far less valuable then good troops wasted over this poorly implemented mechanic.
    Good point

Honestly I want to ask. I haven't really tried the retreat mechanic. Usually it seems like, you retreat = you lose

Can you retreat and run away?
  14. Respawn issue

Yep its tedious, your basically tied to the spot on the map you start or a little ahead of it assuming your defending anyway. Letting you pick your respawn point in the pre battle or just putting it on your edge of the map would both be a improvement imo.
    Well, normally...I think the game programs the respawn point to adjust to a distance not far from behind your troops so they can join in the fight

However, in some instances the respawn point jumps to an area that is really bad for you, and can really hurt the battles. You may win, but suffer a lot of troop losses

What your saying may work, being able to choose your respawn point at the start of the battle seems like a really good idea. Should totally do

Was thinking that being able to adjust your respawn point mid-game depending on positioning may be a good idea, but...its not really fair or realistic

It would make sense for both sides to have set respawn points

Itll eliminate the enemy pushing forward towards you and having their respawn points random at times; or same for when you go to the enemy and their troops respawn from various angles, which makes no sense

However, if the enemy, same as us, has a set respawn point, perhaps able to do for individual troops, which makes sense, then you'll be able to know, on the battlefield, where to expect enemies to respawn from, as well as your own

This will ensure that you can adjust your strategy to where the enemy is coming from

I've noticed at times currently this has been implemented a little bit for enemies, where they have a set respawn point. At times, not always. It's best when it's set, as it is realistic:

You go far from your reinforcements, your lines get stretched, which means enemy troops can gather together to strike back
  15. Respawn issue

I am also annoyed by such an idiotic respawn of troops
    Ah, you have also encountered the respawn in bad location issue
  16. Why are Simulated Sieges SO different than the actual siege ?

The sim gives them an advantage based on the walls and what siege gear is there and uses it's system to square the troops off again each other. In the live siege troops have to actually perform and kill the enemies and the defender is not really favored. For instance there will likely be many more ranged units deployed on the attackers side the are in position on the walls, so the defender ranged gets out gunned easily and then trickles in to replace only to get shot down too. Although they have improved the behavior of infantry defenders on t the walls, they still don't really make a choke point or fight in way that takes advantage, so they still basically trade away until their is enough gape for attacker to get in.

TLDR they have a lot of ****ing work to do on balancing live combat and AI performance and especially defender behavior.
    You have a good point on defenders, however, I will say that from my own playstyle of loading tons of archers, that usually isn't a problem

However, the gate usually is swarmed by soldiers in order to be ready for incoming soldiers

I have seen some issues still with archers manning the walls. Not sure if they are always at the correct posts or daunting in areas that aren't the best for them

I remember one issue, although this may have been for the update before this last one, where archers weren't responding to attackers breaching the gate and heading to the inner gate. There's an opening in the ceiling where archers can shoot, and at first they all showed up, but in proceeding times, it varied on if they showed up or how many would.

There are some automated defense issues perhaps with responses to enemy troops and positioning, as well as firing on enemies

There are times catapults actually fire pretty continuously, and then there are times where yours don't seem like they fire all that much, but the enemies are churning out round after round

Overall, yeah, your not alone poster. There are a few problems still

But the siege ladder solution has definitely saved things a lot

Case in point -

I'm helping defend a lvl 2 castle - 100+ garrison+militia, and my 200 troops. Monchug turns up with an army of about 1,000+. He sieges me. If i fight the battle, Monchug easy destroys the 300 defenders, with the lose of about 400+ If I let the troops fight the siege (sim), I win with about 50 - 70 troops standing.

These 2 results are MASSIVELY different.

Has the fix of ladders & towers widened the gap between Actual siege and Sim siege ?

I noticed in the actual battle, the attackers quickly took the walls while my HI held the gate house. Then the arrows came down onto my HI, finally a large enemy HI force hit my HI in the flanks, which they had difficulty facing up to - only 1 or 2 soldiers would face the flankers, the rest looking at the broken gate. ???

Is this a bug ? or is it known situation ?

I'd recommend for you watch for the incoming siege towers, use a bow to pick off troops incoming, preferably the shorter bow that can be used while riding a horse as aim is better for now, I think (ran into issues during custom battle for some reason) and use a two handed Sword for better damage

I think youll find that the two handed Sword will allow you to more easily chop down attackers, thinning out numbers while enemies try to get on the walls, and you can use your arrows to look directly down ladders and shoot enemies in the head. It drastically changes the course of the battle.

Also, you can use your two handed Sword to do good amounts of damage to the siege towers. You can destroy them with enough damage. Just make sure your not on them when you do the final blow, which is where arrows can come in handy

Once done with a siege tower life becomes easier and you can focus on the second and not get swarmed
  17. Siege defending issue

The other thing is that there was no option to siege. It went straight to Sally out, except it does the menu choice looking like your defending inside the walls

I dont remember exactly what the option to defend from the walls looks like, in exact wording, however, that was way too similar

You wouldn't know until you were in the battle, which will severely screw some players
  18. Siege defending issue

Apparently there will be siege battle maps, where the defender "Sallys Out" to attack the siegers. So hopefully that might fix many inconsistencies ?

Eh...its mainly when the numbers are either almost equal or less that it becomes an issue...because inside the walls you can even the odds greatly. Destroy siege towers, shoot incoming attackers and make it hard to get inside, thus causing a good deal of men to die before they can breach

In other words, the cost to the attackers makes the odds stacked against them, and near suicide. Which is a seriously smart move for defenders

When AI just does that even though what was stated above...its too dumb of a move that the AI wouldn't do normally
  19. Siege defending issue

Hey, I just ran into an issue. I've had it a couple times, but repeated it 3 times from a save to see if there was something I could do and identify it So, it's not an issue with sieging itself, being fighting in a siege No, this is an issue where I clicked to "break in and help defenders" and...
  20. Changes needed to war diplomacy!!!

I would say yes, there needs to be a system in place, where you can have better control over war and peace. Like, if you have better relations with the king or queen, or clan leader, whatever they call it, then perhaps you would have better influence over decisions

Peace or war decisions go through you, and amount of wars maybe scales to difficulty level. Maybe...

Not sure if that's the best, as I see the title "realistic" and I want to proceed toward a realistic system.

Like...the council idea, maybe a specific set of Lord's only get in the war council. That makes sense. However...to give a counterpoint, that also means, let's say if a person or persons join said war council that have devious traits or close fisted, you'll end up with more war type decisions from them.

Same for AI

Just...im trying to give ideas towards what we want, not sure how to do it, but trying

If anyone has any ideas to help on this, please add

We all agree the war system is so...all over the place. Doesn't make sense, and doesn't give any advantages, but also takes away advantages

It's...really not good
Back
Top Bottom