Search results for query: *

• Users: freq
  • Order by date
  1. Things I hope get fixed soon...

This is a list of things that I think breaks this game for me at the moment:
    1. Crashes - There's still a ridiculous number of game crashes, for seemingly no reason. I've got a conspiracy quest active at the moment which I can't complete because as soon as I beat the conspiracy party, the loot screen crashes the game. It's pure pot-luck playing the game and coming away without a crash, which after a year, I wouldn't have expected there to be still so many crashes with systems that seemingly haven't changed since launch.
    2. Difficulty - I play on Very Easy, and while battles get stale and boring because I can use 100 men to take on 900 men, the game is actually impossible to beat on Very Easy, let alone any other difficulty, and this is because of the lack of intelligence in AI. If you siege any town, that AI faction just relentlessly hammers you. Your tactics could be superior in every way, but eventually your army will be whittled away into nothingness, if not for retreating-scumming (in itself, is an issue anyway), but in removing the option to retreat-scum, you lose your entire army before you can even build a siege camp unless you take the entire enemy faction as prisoners (which they easily escape anyway). All in all, the difficulty of the game is both immensely easy, and impossible at the same time. Again, this is something I expected much more progress in after over a year of development since release.
    3. Kingdoms - The biggest issue of all is that Kingdoms are impossible. If you start a Kingdom, you're immediately at war with 2-3 factions just for existing. Those factions just relentlessly batter you, while they let their own settlements and castles get taken from the other factions they're at war with - but that's ok, because they're still wanting to beat down on the new guy. It's really, really, really odd behaviour from the AI. They shouldn't be focused on eradicating a small-strength kingdom that poses little to no threat, and should be focused on the faction that's swept through two kingdoms to meet them and then is taking all their settlements and income away from them. Not to mention that becoming stronger is also virtually impossible. Lords you're "best friends" with in the game, are demanding you pay them 800k gold to betray their lord that they have a -20 relationship with? Seriously? The whole loyalty and alignment thing needs serious work, and I mean serious work. It's utterly terrible as it stands.
    4. Loot / Equipment - The loot rewards are madly imbalanced. You get way too much loot from battles to the point an entire settlement can't buy you out after a few successful battles (so just perform one siege and the ensuing 21 battles of relentless AI onslaught will be surely enough to buy out all the settlements in the region). This in turn makes buying armour, buying weapons, pretty pointless, because you're always going to end up being able to fund it after a very short space of time - if you don't cheat and just marry someone and steal their armour anyway. It'd be nice to have the best loot extremely rare, and even still eventually be able to craft the best stuff at the highest level yourself (if you invest time into smithing), personally, I've rarely been bothered to do any smithing because it costs a lot of resources and stamina, and takes way too long. Some people probably enjoy it, but meh... In an MMORPG, sure, that's great... in Bannerlord not so much. If the Stamina were to be removed, then cool... it makes it much better imo.
    I'll just address a few points with some input so I cleared everything else out for clarity.

1. I had constant issues with loot/inventory crashes and corrupted saves when playing 1.5.9/10 heavily modded. I started a new game in 1.6 without any issues what so ever. I re-added quite a few mods with focus on tweaks and still no issues. The crashes you describe have been tied to the mod that alter loot drops (I can't confirm that though). Are you running modded or vanilla, and which version of the game?

2. I agree that we shouldn't be able to exploit and cheese mechanics such as retreating, but I wouldn't call it bad AI that the AI lords will prioritize stopping a siege of their own town rather than doing anything else. For more relevant troop tiers I can recommend Realistic Battle Mod. I'm not a fan of all changes, and it makes arenas completely ridiculous but it creates a huge gap in performance between the Elite Cataphract and the Looter.

3. Once again, in 1.6 haven't noticed that issue. Kingdom's are less prone to war overall. Haven't played enough of the campaign to get a better understanding of the new behaviour, but I have started a kingdom using conquered rebel cities as a foundation. I do agree that recruiting lords is ridiculous on so many levels (especially in terms of economic balance).

4. Again, using any mods? That doesn't seem very vanilla unless you're high level and a grand master rogue.
  2. AI lords must execute each other

I think that might be tied to the auto-disbanding of rebel factions if they lose their settlement(s). They cease to exist without necessarily being defeat by any AI or the player.
  3. Smithing Questions

I've been having that a lot too when everything has been exactly right except for the weight. It's not consistent though as it seems to be 50/50 if they are very satisfied or decide to pay you only 10% of what they were originally offering.
  4. Assemble the dragonbanner too short time

It's a chain quest with a shared time limit. When you first receive the quest to speak to lords about N's Folly you have three years to finish it, I believe. The thing is that you don't only have to finish that part of the quest within a three year period, but rather every part up and until you make up your mind about how you want to use the banner.
Back
Top Bottom