Search results for query: *

• Users: Strat
  • Order by date
  1. Strat

***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

idk - never seen the code and haven't deliberately tested it... Most info you can probably get from Strat Gaming(YT) videos. @Strat
    I just use TIV to change the horse prices back to their vanilla values. If you make gear cheaper does that reduce income from towns with blacksmiths or do workshops only affect the player?
    From what I can tell, gear is consumed by the town at higher prosperity, but there is no mechanic that gives money or takes money from anything - it just disappears. The AI doesn't buy gear and gear pricing stays the same from day 1 to 100+ years (I've tested this several times), only trade goods change in price. As for workshops, only the notables own them and not clans or nobles so my guess is that they only really effect the player. They can change the economy as a whole if you start switching workshops around the map or raiding specific types of goods, but overall I think it doesn't change much for the AI's ability to make money. I would love to get some confirmation or a better explanation from a dev on this though!
    *I forgot to mention - the town's Denar balance is a multiple of the prosperity. If you sell enough to take all of their denars, they regenerate 1/3 or something like that each day until the balance reaches the equilibrium. If you buy a ton of stuff, the balance will eventually come back down to the EQ point. So for this reason, I believe the town doesn't actually participate in the economy in the sense that it needs to make profit. It just has money spawn from thin air and will always seek the EQ point no matter what happens.
    I hope that helps!
  2. Strat

My consistent gripe - Lord behavior

Nahh, the price of clans are fine. It is basically the only expense you have after the very early game, if it wasnt a thing money would be a completely useless resource.

Though, it is pretty silly that they can defect with a high relationship.
    Yeah I agree, I think 5% is fine but there could be something else of benefit. I would love to see higher relation clans have options open up like giving them direct orders "defend this town" or "patrol this area" etc. That would make relations extremely important for a king who doesn't want their vassals to act like the typical AI does currently lol
  3. Strat

My consistent gripe - Lord behavior

Bumping this thread because I just watched a @Strat Gaming video that demonstrated that even with 100 relation with a clan, all it does is make defecting to your faction 5% cheaper.

This is a core game mechanic and it doesn't do anything.
    I would agree with that - It seems a bit underwhelming. Maybe they could leave the 5% alone but once you hit 100 it would be a no-chat-check defection to your side? It might also make sense to implement a relation decay over time if they add something like this so you don't raise relations all game to sandbag for later lol instantly convert the world.
  4. Strat

Policies working as intended????

I try and keep my feedback constructive, but with the enormously delayed development and the many many problems the game still faces, you can't really blame anyone for being negative.
    Like I said, I understand where people are coming from. The first time I heard about Bannerlord was around the time it released into EA so I didn't have the bias from the previous games OR from all the press release from 2016 onward so that's probably where my ambivalence comes from. Could they have done a better job with a lot of things? 100%. Is the game still fun to play? 3500+ hours according to steam gives you my answer. I'll end with this - I screw things up all the time as a business owner and it's very difficult for anyone on the outside to understand the struggles going on internally. I have no clue what they are dealing with and i'm sure it's infinitely more complex than my small operation, so my tolerance for stuff like this is quite a bit higher as I've been in their shoes as well (from a pissed of customer's stand point) and sometimes it's not even within your control.
  5. Strat

WTF? How many just running in the background? I mean that´s hell of a lot :grin:

But I believe all this testing also takes a lot of time but still, respect.
    Yeah I would say a good amount went into the testing and getting clips for the YT videos. I know most people record their stuff in a single go and don't edit much, but It takes me 20 - 30 hours to make a small guide and 100+ for the big ones like the WC recap episode. Some of the time I leave Bannerlord in the background, but I think probably 90% or more of that is legit gameplay :razz:
  6. Strat

We are taking a look at this. Thank you for another great video @Strat !
    No problem, I'm happy the testing videos are helpful! I know they stir up some negativity, but hopefully we can get past all of this soon. I've got 3600 hours into the game so I've gotten my money's worth long ago and I hope others can do the same!
  7. Strat

Hmm, just tested military coronea myself since it has worked fine in the past.

As described, it gives precisely 20% more influence. Its just not shown in the after action report but the actual influence is updated correctly.

And for the record.

Anything that gives passive influence for anyone other than you, and you alone, is posion and belongs in the F tier. Stuff that cost influence belong in the S tier.
    I have a save file with screenshots of the exact same battle - 2.72 influence for killing 9 forest bandits. Reload, pass the policy and fighting again yields the exact same 2.72 influence, so I'm not sure how you are getting yours to work? I tested this in 1.8.0 with no mods on, not sure if that is relevant or not.
    *I think I understand what you're saying - so it says you get 2.72 influence but the actual influence to your "influence bank" would increase 2.72 + 20% then? I had not thought to check that, although i've seen TW do that with other things like troop wages (sometimes they calc before and sometimes it's after lol). I'll rerun the test and see if I can reproduce it on my end!
  8. Strat

@Strat great video man, been waiting for someone to take a close look.

Guess its safe to say tons of these policies need to be revamped/fixed, along with actually giving kingdoms some logic to their choices of policies.
    Thanks! Yeah it felt like a lot of them were left as placeholders. I'm sure they have plans for fixing them before full release so to me it's not that big of a deal. I'm glad they spent time fixing perks and skills before touching these
  9. Strat

Sieges, razing, governors, alliances, and land acquisition

Completely agree, I've long forgotten the idea of getting what I want, I get what I can, this is enough anyway... and can still improve with the time passing (more fiefs, etc..)

But is that what you wrote which is your Tamerlane bandit play through ?
    Oh I was just saying that it's possible to take a fief and much more even if you're by yourself for an entire campaign. I don't like to post my videos in the forum, but it's the most recent upload if you go to my channel. I haven't quite gotten to the end game yet, but it's coming soon so that's why I said "spoiler alert" :razz:
  10. Strat

I’m interested if you have any clue.
    One of the biggest reasons most people have issues taking a fief solo is they try to go after the one they want. Unfortunately it rarely works out that way - you have to take whatever you can get :smile: Usually waiting for a war to break out, then watching a siege take place. Even if the siege fails, the garrison and militia will be depleted and it's much easier to swoop in to take the fief at that point. I usually wait until a few battles have taken place, that way the kingdoms have lost their top tier troops and usually fighting with tier 1 replacements. Just a lot of little things that can add up quickly and make taking a fief almost trivial!
  11. Strat

3. There needs to be an easier way to get land in this game if you want to b independent from a kingdom. A good fix would be if as a mercenary, you could get land with your influence. It is impossible to get land without it being a rebel city unless you are a vassal.
    Sorry but I have to disagree with this one - It's actually not that hard to take land by yourself. I doubt anyone here is watching my current Tamerlane bandit play through (spoiler alert if you are), but I even did a WC with a single clan - no vassal, no recruiting nobles, no promoting companions, etc. And I was at war with everyone on the map from day 1 (No peace allowed). I'm not trying to say "git gud" but there may be some tactics you have not considered using before that are holding you back.
    I do agree with you 100% on point 1 - I would love to have more control over units during a siege. I usually put everyone into 2 groups and control them that way, but there should be a better way to do it.
  12. Strat

Forgiveness of Debts and one other policy have additions to Loyalty that at the very minimum can offset the -3 Culture mismatch, pair that with a proper Culture companion and taking some Perks you can "rebuild" a town. @Strat (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWXXAjBRaEpQdxKvDMexJBg) has amazing series and (meta)analysis on this very topic to hook you up though it should be much clearer.
    Thanks for the shout out!! I'll toss my two cents in - the only gripe I have with fiefs and management in general is the slow rate of XP gain for companions. They have adjusted XP gain for a lot of skills recently which made it much easier, but take melee skills for example - It's not hard for a player to farm XP since we can out-fight the AI very easily. However, a companion in combat even at the higher skill levels still make stupid choices and get destroyed. For example: fighting 1 vs 1 a companion with late game armor and 300+ skills makes them formidable. However, insert them into a 5 vs 1 and it's pretty much gg even against low tier enemies like looters. Swap a player into the equation with 0 combat skills and the worst weapons can still effectively win the 5 vs 1 because we don't just charge in to trade blows. We back up, flank, position, etc. but the AI doesn't do this, which usually means they get 1 - 5 kills and then get dunked on lol. This is just one example of how annoying it is to farm XP for companions, I have a whole list like tactics, leadership, etc. for companions.

I understand where others are concerned about with managing fiefs, but with a little bit of planning ahead of time it shouldn't be an issue to manage and maintain fiefs, even without a governor. Passing good policies pretty much eliminates loyalty issues and putting a good governor in place is just an extra bonus.
  13. Strat

The joker build than can destroy the world. Destroy a kingdom from within

Thanks for posting this! I appreciate it Flesson :grin:
  14. Strat

Do you want more complex features, such as proper formation behaviour in Bannerlord?

I'm currently working through a bunch of vanilla formation and unit testing videos, but I've had my eye on the RBM mod for a while now and would love to do a comparison video once I finish up. Hopefully that will bring a little attention to it :smile:
  15. Strat

SP - General Lipstick only makeup option

Can we add this to Derthert's civilian loadout please?
  16. Strat

The Ultimate Guide To Bannerlord Series - Full Guides On Each Skill!

Thank you! Lol yeah that's always been one of my favorite meme templates :smile:
  17. Strat

TW make reinforcements spawn outside the map limits and march into battle area

It would be nice if they could also rework tactics skill so that it can integrate with some of these amazing ideas. I would love to have an advantage at the start of the battle lead in person with a higher tactics skill, but also have priority reinforcements and better positioning of where they come from. A commander with a solid understanding of tactics knows that reinforcement at the right time and place can be the different between losing and a decisive victory. Just my two cents.
  18. Strat

[UNOFFICIAL] Bannerlord Dedicated Server Mod

This looks really interesting! I would love to try it out sometime when it's all ready to go :grin:
Back
Top Bottom