Search results for query: *

1. Angaku

[S] A New Dawn

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a minor complaint I have.

I really dislike routing in this and is there any way to tweak the scripts.txt to turn it off?  I dug around a bit, but I don't know quite how it works and was wondering if anyone could help me out?  Some of the battlefields are particularly large, making routing enemies a big issue with an all infantry army, prolonging battles into an extra 3 or 4 minutes of waiting while my troops trail after a single routing enemy.
  2. Angaku

what faction are you?

Off topic much? :3
  3. Angaku

what faction are you?

Typically I like to believe running around on the map and recruiting the looters, deserters, etc. is a faction in of itself.

Plus, it's fun if you can get it up your relation high enough. :3
  4. Angaku

1866 - v0.9.0

Hoorah! It's been almost a year since I've last been on, and now this! I am forever back, until 1866 ends it's own life! *charges headfirst into saloon shootout*
  5. Angaku

M&B LibrAARy - After Action Report Listings

Just wanted to say thanks for adding mine!  Btw, you have a good AAR too!
  6. Angaku

1866-coming version: screenshots

Bahaha! I loved that, that lady was all like, 'Oh crap! He's pointing that at me!!" XD  I'm gonna do that so much just for the fun of it.
  7. Angaku

AAR: Veshin De' Vous

Bump for the new chapter, a failure chapter though...

Chapter 2: The Omen
    June 20, 1257

Bah, I should have just waited in Dhirim...we left at dawn to try and break the seige of Rindyar Castle.  I supplemented my recent loss with mercenaries from Dhirim, and I had successfully recruited some Cavalry and Horsemen.  We rode fast and hard, the siege wasn't supposed to be all that large, but halfway there it began to pour, and my leading knight trotted his horse up next to me for a word.

"Sir, I don't believe it would be good idea to fight in such weather, the horses may get mucked down."
    I turned to him with a smile, "I think we can manage we have at least a few hundred soldiers backing us up."
    He looked ahead into the rain, "I don't know sir, it just seems...wrong..."
    "I'll have no more of it!"  I ended with a bellow, and he fell back into line. 

When we arrived to Rindyar we saw veteran knights turning tail and running full speed at us, the rain making it hard for us to see what they were running from.  We made a full stop and listened for noise.  A low rumble.  My men looked at me worryingly, and I yelled for the men to charge foolishly towards our failure.  I don't remember why I did it, I thought we could hold them off, but I was wrong.  With horror I looked to see the enemy force.

What have I done...

We managed to retreat with a majority of my force surviving.  About two hours later, as we trekked through the mud, we heard that foreboding rumble again, but too late did we turn to run, they flanked us.  We tried our best to hold them off, me and my men holding ground against our inevitable failure.  We took out about 10 men before we ourselves began to fall before them like a scythe to wheat.  So many men, dead.  I watched in horror as we fled the horror behind us evolve into a massacre.

fromhumblefailure.jpg

The flank...

Soon after we retreated, how many men did we loose?  I lost count, all I know is that we had to escape or we would surely die.  After two days of fleeing an army we could not see, we had made it Senuzgda Castle, what a sight.  Many of my men, having lost faith in me, deserted along the way. How could you blame them?  Your commander has just lost and fled three times consecutively.  I would have deserted too!!  My men let out a sigh of relief as we approached Senuzgda, perhaps we would get some rest there.

8. Angaku

Ahh, I see, but you shouldn't cut yourself short.  You have quite a good AAR there!  But yea, I've read through 'Me, Floris' a bit, it's a very nice one.

To be a bit more on topic I've got quite a lengthy chapter I'm building up.  Played for like two weeks in game, lots of screen shots.  Should be ready tomorrow!
  9. Angaku

Thanks!  I hope to add more screenies in the later chapters, so hopefully they will be more detailed.  I should have another out tomorrow gonna try to get one a day if I can.

I'm also gonna read yours to see how I can improve my own.  Hope you don't mind!  :grin:
  10. Angaku

Chapter 1: From Plundering to Sieging
    June 6, 1257

Ahh, the plunder you ask?  Not so well, soon after starting two groups of about 70 attacked me, I fended them off thanks to my knights, but that was a short won victory.  About two hours later another large group of Khergits attacked me about 160 in total.  At first, I thought we could do it, but after being knocked off my horse in the thick of then, I knew it was all lost.  Plus that, we couldn't fight the bastards hiding in the hay!  Our swords couldn't cut through such a thick and shifty material!!

We managed to get away for a good run, but one of my knights who had taken up the back yelled to my, "Sir, they're coming up on us fast!" Damn those Khergits, I thought before sending about twelve of my men to try to hold them off while we ran.  They fell quickly to the arrows and my men just started at me blankly as I commanded more to hold them off.

"Bah this'll never work...boys, you'd better move if you don't wanna get left behind!"  Luckily my men picked up the pace and we managed to make it back to Dhirim, 35 of my soldiers surviving.  This was my most horrible defeat, and my men all stared at me with hatred as we went into Dhirim for supplies.

Ha, I guess I got my skills from my father, ehh?  He was quite the valiant lord until the day he became a coward.  My mother...well, let's just say she wasn't a particularly 'honorable' woman.  My father, he was a lord of the Sarranid Sultanate.  He was a very honourable man, fighting his battles to the last of his men, including himself.  The day when his castle was taken he...changed, he didn't ever want his men to die, so he fleed from every battle, avoiding the smallest bandit groups, and paying others to leave his men alone...

Heh, enough of that sadness.  Soon after we picked up the supplies we needed, I headed to Tosdhar and Tshibiten to get some troops.  My men walked slowly and weighed down after our recent encounter, I didn't bother them.  When we finished our new meat harvesting, my men lightened up a bit.  Watching the new recruits stumble around during training and fumbling with a bow, how could you be sad?

A little to soon for me, we were called by our marshall, Count Plais, for a siege on Narra.  My men, with renewed vigor charged to Praven where Plais was waiting.  We met halfway and thundered our way to Narra.  Once we got there, we began setting our siege equipment up and prepping the men.  Ha, if we'd known that Sanjar Khan and half his men were in there, we would have never even gone, alas, we fleed.  Most of us made it away.  Only about two lords were foolish enough to turn and help those lords who couldn't escape.  I don't know what became of them.

We retreated to Dhirim again and waited for our orders there, I took the few denars I had and bought me and my men some ale.  Afterwards, retiring to our beds for a good nights rest.  Wow, what a week...

[URL=http://img40.imageshack.us/i/theseigeofnarra.jpg/]
    The seige of Narra...

My equipment and...

mytroops.jpg
    [/URL]
    ...my troops.
  11. Angaku

The story so far... Prologue: The Coming of Veshin De' Vous Chapter 1: From Plundering to Sieging Chapter 2: The Omen ____________________________________________________ Prologue: The Coming of Veshin De' Vous May 30, 1257 As not to bore you with the frivolities of my humble beginnings, I...
  12. Angaku

1866-coming version: screenshots

I must admit, after looking though this whole thing...err...let's just say I had to throw a lot of clothes away...

Anyways, this thing is looking amazing, I give it 3 thumbs up...aww crap, I still got a b-...those were some good images.
  13. Angaku

Brightness of my troops.

Now I know this is a beta, but it happened to me in native too.  My troops will walk up to a guy and stand about a foot from him and stare, it only happens on occasion and it actually helps me sometimes.  Just wondering anyone else has that problem.
  14. Angaku

A bullet for a Life, may just be me but it sounds off...

Angaku signing off.
  15. Angaku

1866 - Bug Reports (v0.8 only)

The ferry ride from El Rio to El Paso is really making me pissed.  I like to choose realistic no quitting without saving and I've ridden the ferry a few times and it gets stuck in the middle of the river.  Old bug? Just me? I don't know but I'll get a screen shot.
  16. Angaku

One battle song sounds like a rock song or a raspy acoustic and it doesn't fit.

Sorry for the interruption just saying.
  17. Angaku

1866 - Bug Reports (v0.8 only)

*sniff* Where is the old, "stuck on the river bug"? *sniff* I...I...I miss it already!!! *SOB*
  18. Angaku

1866 - X-Mas Release (v0.8)

Hip hip.

This'll be great I'll download the mod when I'm actually coherent. Cause its five in the morning rugrats is on TV and I feel entirely drunk, yay...

Merry Christmas.
  19. Angaku

Why does Autozone insist on hiring idiots and how do I kill them?

I'm gonna start two new threads here.

Why does Walmart insist on hiring idiots and how do I kill them?

Why does O'Rielly's insist on hiring idiots and how do I kill them?
  20. Angaku

Happy Birthday, Firefox!

Can I join in?

The only time Firefox has crashed on me is when I had five tabs going 3 in forums 2 in video sites.
Back
Top Bottom