Search results for query: *

• Users: bfmsc
  • Order by date
  1. It might be a good time to talk about Sturgian Druzhinnik

Druzhinniks shouldn't have their horses removed, but they should have their spears replaced with a long 2-handed weapon like an axe in my opinion. This way, they would be able to perform a unique function of "mounted shock troop", where they can use their mounts to move and reposition quickly and then dismount if the player wishes (and also be more effective in sieges).

I understand why people want the Sturgian noble troop to be a foot troop, as there are already 3 other noble mounted melee cav troops, but having a noble foot infantry unit would render 1 or more of their commoner foot troop trees useless. One change that would give diversity to noble troops would be to split Empire noble troops to 3 - one for each imperial faction:

- The Northern Empire noble troop would be the Vaegir Guard who would be a Varangian Guard inspired noble shock infantry with a 2H axe and a 1h or polearm with a shield (already exists in lore, which is a plus).
    - Southern Empire would keep the Cataphracts, since they would be the geographically closest to the Calradian analogue of the Parthians, who inspired the Roman Cataphracts.
    - Western Empire would be crossbows + sword & board infantry, inspired by the... umm... Ballistarii? Genoese? Precursors to the Rhodok military doctrine in lore maybe?
    so my solution is every faction now has two elite troop line, for sturgia I gave them a nordic huskarl using 2 handed axes but also have a shield and the old druzhinniks got 2 handed axes in their slot 3, so they are more powerful during seiges.

you can try it:
  2. It might be a good time to talk about Sturgian Druzhinnik

Druzhinniks shouldn't have their horses removed, but they should have their spears replaced with a long 2-handed weapon like an axe in my opinion. This way, they would be able to perform a unique function of "mounted shock troop", where they can use their mounts to move and reposition quickly and then dismount if the player wishes (and also be more effective in sieges).

I understand why people want the Sturgian noble troop to be a foot troop, as there are already 3 other noble mounted melee cav troops, but having a noble foot infantry unit would render 1 or more of their commoner foot troop trees useless. One change that would give diversity to noble troops would be to split Empire noble troops to 3 - one for each imperial faction:

- The Northern Empire noble troop would be the Vaegir Guard who would be a Varangian Guard inspired noble shock infantry with a 2H axe and a 1h or polearm with a shield (already exists in lore, which is a plus).
    - Southern Empire would keep the Cataphracts, since they would be the geographically closest to the Calradian analogue of the Parthians, who inspired the Roman Cataphracts.
    - Western Empire would be crossbows + sword & board infantry, inspired by the... umm... Ballistarii? Genoese? Precursors to the Rhodok military doctrine in lore maybe?
    Actually I tested use two handed axes replace lance in my mod, believe me you won't like it at all, that makes druzhinniks much weaker because they missed most of the blows when they mounted and using 2 handed axes, the lance version beat the axe version in every test, no matter versus infantry or versus cavs.
  3. Question about face animation xmls

I recently noticed there are some voice line ogg format files and xml files in Bannerlord\Modules\SandBox\ModuleData\Languages\VoicedLines\EN\PC folder which control the face animation when the correspond voice line was played. I have a question about that, did these animation xmls generated by...
  4. Suggestion General Could you remove the hard limitation for bandit types in a single bandit party?

Dear Devs, I am a modder making a troop tree expand mod, And I made several new bandits for each bandit factions (such as sea raiders and forest bandits), but after I fill those new bandits into my partytemplate.xml I found it's not function like what it should be: my new bandits seems never...
  5. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

It's not a typo, the effect of that multiplier is very small. 40% translates into a few pixels essentially. The new value should now provide an actually noticeable weapon inaccuracy.
    Then please balance horse archer's AI, after several tests I found this make ai tire 2 horse archers (40 bow skill and 40 riding skill) only fire their bows in the melee range( about 20 unit distance in game display) because the AI think they can't hit target in longer range, which make them become useless. t3 horse archers looks bette, but still fire in very close range.
  6. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

I dont know why everybody is so hyped about an update. Its simply done when its done. You can already play the game, why do you need 1.25 so badly? Sure, updates are cool, but its not the worlds ending when a small beta patch needs a few more weeks of work before its ready.
    Because many players think devs are pretty slow on release updates and many of the updates are just fixes,Even worse those fixes never work as intend, many bugs got "fixed" again and again but still appears again and again. and many bugs left untended for monthes. Also the game still need more content and some big rebalance even redesign on many aspects (perks, character relation, diplomacy, kingdom policy, etc) even after three years development . We just want the game become better.

Also, as a modder, I must arrange my schedule based on dev's schedule, because I don't want a suddenly released update ruin my just finished new version. that happened more than once. So if the dev's told me there will be an update soon, I hope it will be release as soon as passable so I can know what should I do with my mod(such as new content and compatibility).
  7. Some question and suggestion about castles to devs

I feel very sad that after 3 years of development there's still many gaps in the castles, for now all the game function of a castle is hold garrison, provide elite recruit and as a target of seige, they even have no introduction in the gamepedia, the devs gave every villages and towns their own...
  8. Patch Notes v1.1.3

Also, I found two new troops in game encyclopedia, Assassin and Master Assassin, did you plan for something like ambushed in cities or hire a killer to kill someone?
  9. Patch Notes v1.1.3

did the seige simulation got fixed?many people report bug which make attackers count as defenders and receive city wall's defence buff for several monthes.
  10. Patch Notes v1.1.1

anything about autoslove?it become strange after 1.1.0.
  11. Improvements to fief management

I thought a village management system is a good idea, like set priority to villages to make them focus on generate more tax, troops or more goods
  12. Missplaced ”CanPenetrateShield“ for corssbow and bolts

there are two crossbows for vlandia has a weapon flag called “CanPenetrateShield="true"”in weapon.xml but seems like it didn't function at all, today someone told me this flag is missplaced, because wether the bolt can penetrate a shield is depend on bolt, not crossbow, so I moved this flag...
  13. [v 1.1.0 BETA] Have you guys noticed how shields look now?

We are aware of this bug. The work is still in progress for this issue.
    please make worn-out and clean version of shields coexist, just like color variants for clothes and armors.
  14. In Progress Missplaced ”CanPenetrateShield“ for corssbow and bolts

Summary: when I search the weapon.xml in sandboxcore, I noticed there are two crossbow has a weapon flag called “CanPenetrateShield="true"”but seems like it didn't function at all, today a player told me this flag is missplaced, because wether the bolt can penetrate a shield is depend on bolt...
  15. What kind of new faction(s) would you like to see added to the game in the future?

Darshi, they are a important faction in the game lore, a culture based on Sassanian Persia, which is the one of the biggest rival of the roman empire before the rise of the arbian empire in history. the empire in bannerlord is a combination of the 3th century roman empire and 11th eastern roman empire,so I think sassanid based darshi will be fine. also the game wiki told us the khzauit territory has many former darshi cities who subdue to their conquest. even Rhagaea is a daughter of a darshi Padishah in the early version of the game setting. with so many "darshi" in the game but we couldn't see anything except a horse and a mercenary minor faction who are actually created by an empire noble (in early version setting) /just normal mercenary based on real life ghulam. we could have more.
  16. I think defender's advantage on siege battle got deleted.

We're investigating the issue and will follow up if any further info is needed.
    also, can you investigate the veteran militia? haven't see them respawn since 1.9
  17. In Progress Disappeared Veteran Militia

Summary: since 1.9.0 I have notice something weired about militia:the veteran militia seems didn't respawn at all, I run a campaign and visited many settlements, including those belong to west empire which is a faction with the policy that increase the proportion of the veteran militia from the...
  18. Could the you fix the bow models?

So the info system about mistakes made in the xml is made by TW themselves? It saved me countless of hours of my life for lots of times (I quite often change xml files), and I did not know wether it's vanilla or from a mod. :mrgreen:

To the bows, have to be changed. I did not notice till now, maybe because I play without reticle and have to aim in first person?
    yes,after1.8 or 1.9 update. the game will automatically pinpoint the mistake in xmls. also a life savior for me. because I made and maintain a mod with only xml and xslt.
  19. Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

just found a new expression “heavy hit”in several weapon perks like in Hammer bolt perk for crossbow, could you explain what is a “heavy hit”?
Back
Top Bottom