Search results for query: *

1. Taleworlds appreciation thread

Hello, I, like a lot of forum users, spend a lot of time here complaining about things. I wanted to take a moment to let TaleWorlds know that I do think they do a good job, even if we as a community always want things to be better. Suggesting things and approving of the developers are not...
  2. Please fix the post siege donations

AKA more player complaints about wanting the AI to weaken their companies and donate troops to defend while retaining all of yours and getting all the glory during the battle.

It should not be up to the AI to do all the dirty work and the player just be excessively streamlined to the prominent ruler in the land.

I don’t see these posts as “constructive” at all, as you aren’t truly laying out what give and take there is. Plenty of players use mods that allow you to claim the castle/town if you are leading the army that takes it, yet NONE of them are demanding that AI lords have the ability to press gang your party into their army like you can to all your peers become a part of that mod. So these posts paint themselves as wanting freedom, but at the end of the day, they are just demanding more favoritism whether deliberate or not

I don't see your post as constructive at all because you struggle so badly with reading.

I'm not asking for special privileges, to be exempted from anything (despite it being voluntary in the first place, yet I'm still not allowed to tell my men "no") or to play some strange game of "weakening the AI" despite that AI being my own teammates, meaning that doing so is irrelevant in the first place to the outcome of the game. I'm asking to be able to tell MY subordinates what to do as the LEADER of their clan and the EMPLOYER and oath-holder of them and all the soldiers they have under their command. MY liege asks me for things like for an amount of men or money to be contributed, so I supply them as is required of the social contract, but I am powerless to do the same with the people who I am supposed to be in full control over? That's clearly a break in the entire basis of the game's driving mechanic of feudalism.

They, being my commanders, should not at random choose who goes into the garrison from my armies that I built up over time to have a certain makeup and value certain troop types. Even if they still are forced to, they definitely should never be donating rank 6 noble troops to a position that in every other instance in the game is filled with 90% levies, converted bandits and a small professional core of rank 3-4 footmen. It goes completely against the fantasy of the game to A.) have zero control over my own clan's affairs suddenly, B.) for noblemen, the most influential, powerful and useful soldiers to be forced into a duty both they and I would clearly find beneath them which would cause dissatisfaction if not defection realistically, and C.) to be able to tell everyone exactly what to do 100% of the time except for suddenly this one time when i'm standing right next to them at a battle we just won together and they make an irreversible decision that I have no way of impacting.

I asked for constructive criticism. This means slow down, read the post, think about it and don't tell me what you think about other posts you've (attempted to?) read on here that have nothing to do with what i'm saying.

Go waste your time somewhere else.
  3. Make spears great again

One issue with your statement... Saying "again" implies they were ever good in the first place. Spears have never been good in game, despite one verified dueling manual of the late medieval era placing only the dagger and buckler combination higher than the pike for 1v1 duels. In England i believe it was a sheriff told the king to recommend the quarterstaff as the defensive option against brigands, as its useful in multiple roles, does not present aggression just by having and is very cheap. When people doubted the quality of protection it could offer, he had a demonstration set up where he proceeded to destroy 3 men coming at him with daggers using what is really just a long stick. .

These things are great for historical knowledge or practical "just incase this becomes Mad Max" backup plans, but less so for games. It is very difficult though to balance because if a spear can hold someone off at range, do great armor piercing damage with a thrust, and effectively be used like a staff to push them out in close range, it becomes the default weapon for everyone. Unfortunately game mechanics somewhat have to dictate the situation instead of reality in this case. Though I'm certain a better job can be done than currently, balance is a major concern.

Games are full of this stuff though. I am aware this has nothing to do with Bannerlord itself but for context of how balancing has to work lets look at shooters. Pump action shotguns in game? You shoot then for some reason pull the weapon back against your body, make it vertical and do a very exaggerated chunk-chunk slide, like the breech block weighs about 10 pounds and is rusted shut, before leveling it back out again to shoot, about 1 shot every 1.25-2 seconds. Do you know how fast you can use a pump action shotgun irl? 5 rounds in 4 seconds is a rate that can be considered "careful." The gun never leaves the level and the only thing that moves is your forward arm to do a simple quick slide motion that takes less than a tenth of a second. Because if they let you shoot the gun like it would realistically, you would destroy everything in close range so fast its stupid. 00 buckshot is basically the same thing as a .380 bullet, so its like firing 9 handguns at once at a target.

But on that note, maybe just making all weapons crazy is the correct avenue. If everything is stupidly powerful, nothing is overpowered. Currently, where are the halberds, poleaxes or other two handers that are not super slow, have a strong ranged swing and a reasonable thrust attack? I can make a falx doing 150+ damage with a 110 swing speed and 155 reach. Maybe other weapons need to be as devastating across the board? Having a halberd that could do 120 damage, 95 swing speed and 185 reach sounds fine to me. One handed swords that swing at 120 speed but have lower damage or armor piercing but still make it to 105 range? Great, bring it.
    Bows are the only weapon currently performing both in a balanced manner and to expectation, imo
  4. About Smithing

In all honesty I don't mind the smithing stamina system that much. Its a very difficult system to balance because of how powerful it is in terms of equipment and financial power, so something has to restrict you from being able to just overpower it day one. Typically I restore my stamina when sitting around healing or waiting, either for sundown at bandit camps or sunrise for tournaments.

For power gaming I do understand the frustrating part of the barrier it presents. Typically I split my initial followers so that some are colliers and refiners while others are smiths. Spending the time chasing down bandits to melt their weapons down and forge into throwing axes and javelins until you get that magical unlock can be frustrating but as soon as you do, the game is over. I think if the system of learning was flattened out to be targetable and streamlined, accelerated by perks and attributes it would feel better.

While I dont see anything wrong with your post, you have valid complaints and they deserve to be discussed at tale words some others in this thread are very childish and petty. The game has a very open system to allow modding as well as being a sandbox game that allows you to challenge yourself however you see fit. A number of you have established that not smithing lets you have more fun, and that's good. That's what you do in a sandbox game, you write your own story however you see fit. Nobody is forcing you to game the economy with smithing items, and its actually a good thing they dont restrict it to make the game arbitrarily more difficult because someone doesnt want to download increased difficulty mods despite them being the target audience for those The sense of overwhelming power to do whatever you want after becoming a filthy rich weapons merchant gives is something that has created many long term fans to the game that go on much longer than they would if it were just a medieval battle sim.

But all that is my opinion and you're welcome to disagree with mine all the same. Just try to keep it respectful, please.
  5. Please fix the post siege donations

Hello, This patch has implemented a number of good fixes in principle and although some of them aren't working as intended the intent is there to continue evolving positively and that's great to see, they'll get fixed up and things will look better because of them. Implementation is one issue...
  6. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Unable to get married?

It is because either you or they are a part of an army. I reported it as a bug but somewhere else on the forum a dev said it’s a design choice. Apparently nobles seek ultimate privacy now in order to ask players’ intentions if they come to power.
    That is super annoying and would be better if it were conveyed to players clearly.
    Its a good thing me and him will be alone, aside from hte 225 troops, 10 companions and family members surrounding me. those are incidental, they dont ruin the mood like a whole separate clan does.

Thank you for your response its been a huge help. Time to go get married.
  7. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Unable to get married?

Hello, Playing as female battanian, now 28 years old who joined southern empire. Whenever I talk to any male at all I am unable to make the comment that "you have not yet taken a wife" that normally initiates the dating process, nor to propose marriage between clans. I dont quite understand...
  8. SP - Economy Major, game ruining discovery right under our noses.... Camels not animated correctly : (

This has been absolutely devastating to me. I dont know if I can keep playing like this...I expect more from you TaleWorlds. You didnt bother to animate the camels correctly? How could you? Camels swing both legs on the same side (front and back left) forward at once, giving them a very...
  9. SP - Quests Pointless missions need to stop

Hello, The prevalence of "needs help with brigands" quests that have no brigands at all in the area is way too high. Hunt down 7 bands when 2 are seen in the next week is absolutely ridiculous. Also, please implement a function where you can raid and assassinate the people in villages. I would...
  10. SP - Economy 2 workshops on the same raw material should split income.

As long as the current stockpiles/influx of grain meets demand for both, and caravans carry it out, there's no reason for there to be any limiting factor. If supply and demand are sufficient to keep both workforces busy, then both can run at capacity.
  11. In Progress Battanian Siege problem

Summary: Flintolg castle sieges show the walls being way over to the left on the side of a mountain, makes your siege equipment turn 90 degrees from the fortress and the catapults hitting them. How to Reproduce: Basic siege of the castle. Have you used cheats and if so which: Turned on, checked...
  12. SP - World Map Remote management of settlements

Hello, I think that as you grow, you should be able to remotely manage your fiefs by either sending a companion or a runner to take your directions to the town(and maybe gold if they need it for the projects.) Of course they could only be done for what can be written down at that time and not...
  13. Resolved Voulge head damage incorrect

My apologies uploaded wrong screenshot in previous.
  14. SP - Economy two handed polearm endcaps are useless

Title prettymuch says it all. The two handed polearms; if you go to smith one, you can change through every single option and every single endcap, butt piece, whatever you want to call them, does absolutely nothing to the stats of the weapon. They just make it cost more resources I hope this...
  15. Resolved Voulge head damage incorrect

Summary: This appears to be more of a registry error or something and not a triggered bug. Tier 4 voulge head appears to have its version implemented incorrectly. If you get the quest to make a 199 swing cut damage polearm you have to use the heavy "Voulge head" to complete it(there are two...
  16. SP - Quests Companion backstory quests

When you recruit a follower they give you their backstory, which you can then sympathize with them or give them a really rude answer to (Not sure why you would, but you can.) It would be really nice if there were a few scenarios following up from this: 1. Going with your follower to resolve that...
  17. SP - UI Control scheme causing windows bug, lets add a better control instead?

Hello, So, for some reason bannerlord seems to make my computer think that the CTRL key is being held down constantly. Does not revert with the keyboard being unplugged, different keyboard has same problem, sticky keys are off and it will not revert until system is restarted. I get the feeling...
  18. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops What is the point of this mechanic?

I really want to know what the point of the mechanic that all armies drop off huge amounts of their troops into the garrison of the town they just took is. I know why you can elect to do it- because you have extra troops, ones you dont want or can recruit better ones so you exchange what you...
  19. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Sword Sisters give passive party bonus

Everyone could fight better because they're trying to impress them and get laid?
  20. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Intra-clan party controls need to be better.

Right now its way too obtuse to tell your party leaders in your own clan what to do. It feels terrible in games when you cant tell your guys to do simple directions that you would give them if you could freely talk to them, things so plain that you could write it in 5 words or less and they...
Back
Top Bottom