Search results for query: *

1. Orakan

Epic Games version didn't get the patch 1.8.0

When will the new patch release on epic games launcher version of the game ?
  2. Orakan

Future Plans post 2 from Taleworlds

1 year ago, Taleworlds made a Future Plans post, which told us some of the features they wanted to include in the game, and an estimated release date of Q2 2022.

We're now in Q3 2022. The release date was missed again. The planned features are only half done. There's been no patch for nearly 2 months, and silence from Taleworlds. And Bannerlord still has many serious gameplay problems and some missing features, many of which have not been acknowledged.

So, one last Future Plans post is needed, to give the community a release date, reveal to us Taleworlds' plan (if they have one), and acknowledge they are aware of all the game's problems and are going to make Bannerlord a good, fun sequel to Warband that fulfills all its promises.

Here's an example of how it could look:

Greetings warriors of Calradia!

Welcome to our second Future Plans post, which will outline our final plans for the game. Let's look at how much progress we've made since our last post:

* Battle Terrain System: ✴️ We are working on field battle scenes and have 72 to go! Scenes will keep being added after release!
    * Companion Peerage: ✅
    * Order of Battle: ✴️ We are improving troop sorting based on player feedback!
    * Banner Bearers: ❌ Coming soon!
    * Party Templates: ✅
    * Cut Scenes: ✅
    * Sally out mission: ❌ On hold for now.
    * Claimant Quests: ❌ Coming soon!
    * Voiced Greetings: ❌ We are finding a terrible Arnold Schwarzenegger impersonator to voice Sea Raider greeting lines!
    * Simulation Deaths: ✅
    * Respec perks: ✅
    * Retire Character: ❌ On hold for now.
    * Ambient Sound System: ❌ In progress!
    * Steam Workshop mod support: ❌ In progress!

Our estimate of having the game ready for release by Q2 2022 missed its mark, and we'd like to apologise for the delay, but we have good news: the delay will be worth it!

In addition to the features we showed in 2021, we promised "more surprises." We have finished deciding how to complete the game. Our aim is to fulfill Bannerlord's pre-release promises, and return missing features from Mount & Blade Warband, so Bannerlord will deliver on all expectations we set. Here is the full, final list of features we plan for Bannerlord to have by release.

CRIMINAL ENTERPRISES
    We first teased this much-anticipated feature in 2016, and now it's finally ready! Once the player has defeated an alley gang in combat, they now have the option to start a Criminal Operation in the alley. This is like a workshop, but rather than creating goods, your thugs will rob people to make you money for free! On the downside, it raises your Crime rating, and reduces the security and propserity of the town.
    Here we have a demo of this feature:

MINOR FACTION BASES
    Minor faction bases, from our 2016 demo, will make minor factions actually do something useful! At these hidden bases, you can do quests to improve your relations with a minor faction, talk to a leader to hire them as mercenaries, recruit unique troops directly, and the minor factions can recruit their own special troops into their armies. Or you can destroy their base to wipe out the minor faction, if you so choose!
    QewCKIz.png

KINGDOM MESSENGER
    Many players complain it takes too long to find and recruit lords. In Warband, lords visited your capital city, making recruiting lords easier. This was too hard for Bannerlord's more complex AI, so we are working on a system where playes can send out messages by talking to a Minister in their lord's hall, which should make the kingdom phase of the game less irritating and make players feel more like a real ruler.

FEASTS
    The beloved feature of Mount & Blade Warband makes a return! The AI will hold feasts during peacetime, which you can attend to gain relation with the guests, and talk to many nobles in one place about marriages or quests; you can also host a feast of your own to gain influence and reputation, or just sit back and enjoy the atmosphere!
    After just 1 day of work, here is how the feature looks:

MANHUNTERS
    Bandit infestations around the area of a fief can sometimes get massively out of control. These bounty hunters, returning from Warband, can be hired by lords or the player to patrol their fiefs and clean up crime... at a cost! They also have a unique troop tree you can recruit, perfect for capturing prisoners.
    After just 1 day of work, here is how the feature looks:

SURPRISE ENCOUNTERS
    "You have fallen into a trap!" Returning from Warband, the player can sometimes be ambushed by bandits when they visit towns at night, creating an exciting fight for your life in an interesting setting!
    After just 1 hour of work, here is how the feature looks:

REPLAY SYSTEM FOR MULTIPLAYER
    First shown in 2020, when it had basic functionality and was lacking UI elements, it is now ready for release. The replay system will allow players to save video of their multiplayer matches!
    Here is a demo:

BUGFIXING, BALANCING AND COMPLETING EXISTING FEATURES
    In addition, we can confirm work continues on major gameplay issues such as: constant war declarations, tribute calculations favouring the loser, defeated kingdoms not dying off, meaningless votes, nobody ever surrendering, slow player and companion skill levelling, non functional personality traits, noble relations being useless, arrows doing too much damage to armour, the AI's inability to use spears and lances, archers' inability to hit circling horses, jittering unit collision, weapon imbalances, incomplete morale, troop trees lacking variety, the inability to target a specific enemy formation, bugged rain effects, unimplemented town, castle and field battle scenes, lack of variety in siege and hideout music, completing the mod tools, fixing our multiplayer servers, and fixing bugs, performance issues, and crashes.

RELEASE DATE AND EXPANSION
    Our new release date is Q2 2023, one year from now. We think we can manage this, and will try hard to reach this release date; however, if this is not possible as the game's features are still not all ready, we will delay the release date one more time.

After release, we will also work on a paid DLC expansion for the game, Mount & Blade: Nordland, which will introduce the Nords faction, ships, naval travel and combat, and other features!

Hopefully, this Future Plans post should have answered all your major questions about the future of Bannerlord, so now you can stop asking us :smile:

Thanks for reading, and have fun. My name is Callum Newell, and my favourite bandit is the Looter.

This is purely a hypothetical post, and not a real statement from TW.

Credit to @Bloc for his gameplay demos of how missing Warband features would look in Bannerlord, which prove it would only take 1 day's work for 1 person to implement them in the game.

A post like this would give me and many other players and buyers confidence that Taleworlds knows all the issues with the game and has a complete plan for solving them. @Callum @Dejan Have you folks got any Future Plans post in the works similar to this?

that is great post, we realy need all of these options and even more like more diplomacy options on war times. Thank you for this amazing work to creating this post
  3. Orakan

New Companions are not spawning

You can recruit them and then dismiss then from you clan and they lave the game and then there's room for more.
    I have also tried that but recruiting and than kicking from the clan option not working , they are spawning on a diffrent city and I still stuck with same wanderers
  4. Orakan

In Progress New companions are not spawning and some companions are completly missing.

I have sent the save file through a ticket . But other than the missing daughters not getting new spawns for new wanderers is main issue cause like I have said in the upper section in my case there is no engineers in my game, and my friends are having the same issue about diffrent wanderer types cause we all get diffrent types at the begining of the game but finding the right companions is right now imposible because no new creations.
  5. Orakan

has this issue been posted to Technical Support forums?
    I have posted already
  6. Orakan

So basicly we can say mechanic is completely broken . In my game there aren't any engineers and only one trader. Without basic companions like stewards, scouts, engineers or medics game will be unplayable. This issue needs to be fixed or turned to basic version
  7. Orakan

This is a bug has started with 1.7.2 I have reported this. Normally game was generating new companions with how much days past in the game but right now all of the companions are staying same since the begining , all of my friends have the same issue on their new characters on 1.7.2
  8. Orakan

In Progress New companions are not spawning and some companions are completly missing.

Summary:I have passed 1000 days on my sand box game with new character but wanderers are the same ones since the start of the game and all of the characters with swift sirname can't be find in the map, normally if you stay on a settlement you will get information about wanderer's location but in...
  9. Orakan

Peace Negotiation System in Diplomacy Section has Became Completely BROKEN with Latest Update

This is another war, the one I am fighting right now and yet even with power scale is for my favor they are keep hiring all of the mercenaries in the calradia and I have to still pay them daily tribute. This realy should be fixed and negotiation for peace option should be back to the game.
  10. Orakan

Resolved Amprela City Balista İssue

Thanks all of you for your good work
  11. Orakan

Peace Negotiation System in Diplomacy Section has Became Completely BROKEN with Latest Update

Every captured lord should a reason for peace let alone 44 of them with their king , they should be drawn my kingdom with gold . Even in real medieval times kingdoms don't kill the nobles beacus of that, cause they worth a lot . And I cound't kill enemy lords cause if I do that, every clan of every nation is losing reputation with my kingdom which is also ridicilious. I get that ,this mechanic has to put to the game as a balance option and like I have said , even in real medieval killing nobles is considered as a bad thing for many kingdoms but if this kingdom is your enemy you do not care about the situation. I mean why khuzaits care about execution of a minor clan's member in northen empire who raided my villages and tried the burned them down ?

To my opinion ransom for lords should be higher as well, regular lords should be worth at least 30k clan leaders should be at least 50k and ruler should be at least 70k. Like I have said in upper section , even in real medieval times nobles were worth too much and that is why mostly other nations won't execute them but they worth 3k - 5k which is basicly nothing for a advance kingdom with 6-7 towns with equal number of castles. And executing them on both death enable or disable mods is not worthy

And because on latest patch devs nearly broke the negotiate for peace option (I realy don't understand why they nerfed or broke this section ) even the rulers says "I do not have autority for this decision ruler and his council have the autority for that " . Why are they so democratic ? Even sturgia and khuzait are using this phrase which is ridicilious cause they are choosing their leader for leader's charisma and power.Bartering for peace should be fixed and lords should have much higher value.

These are the solutions that I am suggesting, much more bounty for lords as I mentioned in upper paragraph with at leasts amount in upper section, captured lords should have much more impact on war, there should be non aggression pacts(I get why they are not putting alliance mechanic to the game because ai would probably snow ball the map but non aggression pacts should be a future) There should be a messanger system so if we became a king we shound't roam around to find a lord to convince him to join us or hire a mercenary clan, this would be a huge quality of life improvment for the game .There should be trade pacts between kingdoms. If we are part of a kingdom and not have our own kingdom there should be a forcing the ruler of a kingdom to abdicate the throne option. Execution of a lord mechanic needs an overall rework cause in current system there is no benefit of doing it. And most importantly NEGOTIATION FOR PEACE option should be fixed or should be reopen to use again . Bartering for peace is always a option even in real medieval times , I realy don't understand why developers blocked that option , you can check the European Huns and Rome's negotiations in history to see excectly how Rome just pay huge amount of gold (not just tribute) to make peace. So offering a value for making a peace should be an option again.Besides in barter section in diplomacy section if you character have more than 200 leadership we should ask for ownership of a fief from the other side too cause right now there is no usage for diplomacy section of barter screen.

These are my solutions to fix the many important issues in diplomacy.
  12. Orakan

In Progress Forever Peace in a war game

Ay, but now with the case of those 44 lords captured - look at the war info chart - where you will see the "clans" of the factions.

Typically the enemy if you have that many in prison - have alot of merc clans employeed.
    Atm the merc clans actually dont work when they are employeed vs the player and the faction they are with, just prolong wars endlessly.

Each company have 4 lords they can wield, and when a faction normally have 10 clans of their own, but also employ 10 merc companies - meaning they have 40+ lords to wield, haveing 40 in the dungone "dont matter".

I've adressed this to a dev earlier, seems they are picking up on it.(fingers crossed).

The npc should be capped at haveing 3-5 merc companies at most hired at a time.
    I did play with console 1 time, and removed them from the game, and tbh it was a much better experience where the AI was much more keen on peace when they got abit of lords in dungones.

In your case where you have 0 vs 44 the only real way to get peace, is to stop supporting the war effort, let your armies be decimated, and have your lords in dungeons they will then want peace.

The problem is that if you keep on winning they dont want to stop the war, which kind of adds a snowball effect tbh.
    And often leaveing the enemy in a state of no-recovery instead of going for peace faster.

Atleast this is what I've observed in my games, where there is no peace, and just chain wars(meaning that the one you are at war with, there is no chance for peace unless a 2 or 3 attacks you, then you get peace with 1st but keep on fighting with 1 or 2 of those other).
    To my opinion ransom for lords should be higher as well, regular lords should be worth at least 30k cland leaders should be at least 50k and ruler should be at least 70k. Like I have said in previous post , even in real medieval times nobles were worth too much and that is why mostly other nations won't execute them but they worth 3k - 5k which is basicly nothing for a advance kingdom with 6-7 towns with equal number of castles. And executing them on both death enable or disable mods is not worthy cause if you will execute one lord you are losing reputation against nearly every clan even if they are in a war with that nation which is also ridicilious.

And because on latest patch devs nearly broke the negotiate for peace option (I realy don't understand why they nerfed or broke this section ) even the rulers says "I do not have autority for this decision ruler and his council have the autority for that " . Why are they so democratic ? Even sturgia and khuzait are using this phrase which is ridicilious cause they are choosing their leader for leader's charisma and power.Bartering for peace should be fixed and lords should have much higher value.
  13. Orakan

This is the current state of the war right now . I even have their king as prisoner too but I still need to pay them for peace
  14. Orakan

Resolved Amprela City Balista İssue

Summary:In Amprela there are 2 spots of balistas with some kind of short walls. These walls are preventing ai to reach them but your character can jump over them and can access the balistas. Only posible way to reach them is jumping over the short wall. Also there are not any arrow buckets in...
  15. Orakan

Don't blame the 3D modelling art team, they are not coders and do not work on the code/gameplay section of the game.
    I don't blame them trust me , but not getting a decent diplomacy nearly over one year while modders building something usefull in diplomacy section in short times , showing the company's focus on the current state of the game.
  16. Orakan

I think it's could be key is total strength, if your strenght is higher than enemies, then I bet they might pay you for peace, I think you had to had more lord on your side than they do.

I could be wrong.
    In my war with southern empire I have more strenght than them nearly 2/3 of has been captured and in peace option there was no tribute for both sides. I mean obviously something has messed up in current system
  17. Orakan

I think on the latter part of 4 at war vs 1 is more due to the "power" typically that your faction have at that point.

And or your playstyle prolly is like mine, so your faction dont suffer that many losses, so they dont want peace.
    now if you just let'em rot, they will more often than not just get into dungeons and when enough of them is in it they will be more keen on peace.
    (this though is an issue, when 30+ lords of the other kingdomes is in prison, and there is 0 peace desire. meanwhile if you have like 8-16 of your lords been taken, suddenly they want peace).

Also if your kingdome gets big, I think its part of the design that they counter-snowball it by haveing the ai declare war on your faction.
    Problem with that though is that typically in my case it just ends up in long wars of attrition that dont anywhere or same few castles/cities shift hand back and forth.

I think the game instead of the mechanics of voteing for war/peace would have been better if it was like Warband with "Just cause".
    Feels like the design is good on paper, but dont really pan out that great as you have this scenario with some players not getting enough war, and others not enough peace.

As for the op, I think its abit like you say, that the faction he's with havent captured enough or that he's bugged, or that he is impatient, there have been times where I've had 1-2 ingame years of peace when everyone else is at war with eachother.
    Then they go for peace, and boom our faction is at war with 2-3(typically negotiate a peace with 1-2 of them though).

But in those case it gets abit "stale" not haveing action sure, but when you've been at war constant with 1 or more factions for 10 yrs(read 40 in my worst case, but then we took the whole map, which kind of defeat the purpose of legacy, as my kids had nothing to do).

Needs to be abit better balance of war/peace.
    On my current playthrough I have 44 lords of northen empire captured, even king himself has captured , They don't have any prisoner of my kingdom , I put nearly double amount of casuaties to their kingdom we kinda have same amount of fief but mine is slightly higher (I have one more castle compare to them) And still they are not offering peace and if I offer to them I need to pay daily tribute to them while I am winning the war with crushing numbers . And cause of this , on the chart it shows they have slightly more man power compare to mine, probably because of the garrisons they have causing this situation, in this state they barely have any lords for fighting.

Every captured lord should a reason for piece let alone 44 of them with their king , they should be drawn my kingdom with gold . Even in real medieval times kingdoms don't kill the nobles beacus of that cause they worth a lot . And I cound't kill enemy lords cause if I do that every clan of every nation is losing reputation with my kingdom which is also ridicilious. I get that ,this mechanic has put to the game as a balance option and like I have said , even in real medieval killing nobles is considered as a bad thing for many kingdoms but if this kingdom is your enemy you do not care about the situation. I mean why khuzaits care about execution of a minor clan's member in northen empire who raided my villages and tried the burned them down ?
  18. Orakan

Across multiple patches, and playthroughs (unmodded) I cannot progress through the game because my faction will rarely go to war. When they do, they will peace out within one or two days and will not go back to war for many days/weeks due to peace treaties. I have checked the forum and have not found this reported or a known issue. I just don't understand how a war game has so much peace.. Something is certainly messed up with the AI.
    Yep especially after patch 1.6.5 khuzaits and sturgian agression gets a huge nerf and both of these fierce kingdoms turn to hippies and keep staying in peace state for nearly forever
  19. Orakan

Changes needed to war diplomacy!!!

I'm just getting annoyed with how war operates in this game- You capture lords, put them in a keep and they escape 2 days later, execute them? people hate you! I had a castle full of enemy lords with captured castles put I still have to pay ridiculous amounts of tribute to make peace, and then they just escape, re gen huge armies and keep attacking until you wipe them out or another kingdom declares war, something needs to be done here-

-Capturing an enemy faction leader should provide a major advantage to peace resolution

-Something needs to be done about prisoner lords- Dungeons or something- How can they just escape 2 days later every time?? Make them expensive with escape missions/bribes/garrison or guard buffs etc but just do something to combat them escaping and amassing an army just to put them back again

-Opportunities for prisoner exchanges for high value lords

-UI needs access to to mercenaries and lord/fief distribution on a wider level- Call a war council option to hire merc factions with manageable contracts/lengths of time and be able to assign lords fiefs/command without having to search for them around the map

-More advanced ai on how peace terms are calculated- A major loss of a big army should have larger sway in the balance of the war/peace terms

War just seems like a constant chase between a cat and a mouse in this state with no depth into diplomacy- Surely I cant be the only one who thinks this??
    totally agreed with everything you said. And I even made similar post like this . and here is my topic about the situation https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...-completely-broken-with-latest-update.449883/
Back
Top Bottom