Search results for query: *

1. bishey

Are banners still not in the game???

Bloc really dislikes TaleWorlds. He basically mods the game to show "how easy it is" to add useful stuff and how bad TaleWorlds is for not doing it. He is not exactly an unbiased source when it comes to information on TaleWorlds' current internal structure.
  2. bishey

Beta Patch Notes e1.7.2

So we can now talk to Prisoners in neutral Kingdoms... Yes! That's exactly what I want to do as a Vassal/Ruler, go to neighboring Kingdoms and chit chat with their Prisoners. Because dragging large amounts of troops over the map, to go to a Kingdom that may very well declare war on you, to talk with a Prisoner that may very well escape/get let go due to Peace, is totally reasonable!

But yep heaven forbid you ever talk to enemy Prisoners and try to coerce them to join your side, set em free for money, etc. Why, that would make sense!

If you read further in this thread, you'll see that Dejan just made a mistake and relayed the wrong set of conditions. You can talk to your own prisoners.

3. bishey

Beta Patch Notes e1.7.1

The current approach is not to share details on upcoming patch content (that could lead to false expectations). Our broader priorities are defined within the Future Plans post.
    I say this with the best of intentions: Your current approach is causing unnecessary PR hits and agitation in the community. If the testing of a new branch lasts 2 months then people increase their expectations. It would be in your companies best interest to share a few highlights of the upcoming patch to adjust those expectations.

A small feature might be affecting the economy badly and you might be searching solutions. There may be performance issues. These can take time to fix but the end result will not necessarily be a "huge" feature. Game development can be hard and effort spent on a feature doesn't always correlate to the amount of fanfare.

Yes, promising a feature and not delivering it causes some anger in the community. But near complete silence for months is much worse. It's in your hands to manage expectations of the users.
  4. bishey

Beta Patch Notes e1.7.1

Interesting decision to include zero game content with 1.7.1. It might have looked better if these save file changes were just a hotfix to 1.7.0. But I guess you want to have a separate branch dedicated to this as a safety measure.
  5. bishey

Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

I think this whole "TaleWorlds will only add this requested feature as DLC because they are greedy" discussion is completely unfounded. We saw 1 3D elephant model with the keyword DLC. We don't even know what it will release, could be 6 months after release for all we know. Some 3D modelers working on DLC assets when there is nothing to work on the base game is not a crime.
  6. bishey

I wonder how Turkey's suffering economy is affecting the development of this game?

TaleWorlds profits more not less. Cheaper workers and you buy more w that lovely USD. Which is also massively inflating but not nearly as much. Maybe i go on Turkey vacation soon. The Turkish currency symbol is TRY.. Try haaadah TW! Hopefully thibgs improve for Turkish people. TaleWorld’s financial situation should only be improved by this turmoil however.
    Profits becomes useless when your money turns into monopoly money. It's the purchasing power that matters. I'm a developer (not a game dev) that went to a foreign country in 2019 because I was concerned about the direction the country was heading in. Even in 2019, the raises in salary I was getting was not enough to keep up with the inflation so my purchasing power was constantly going down. A lot of my class mates from university are in a similar situation. Either they went abroad or they are trying to.

It's difficult for companies to find good talent so this brain drain is going to hurt the country badly in the long term. When a different ruling party takes power, things can change for the better but it will take years. A lot of necessary institutions of the republic has been eroded and education quality has gone down. You can't fix these things with 1 election.
  7. bishey

The command interface is obsolete, downright silly and needs a total overhaul.

They're already automatically saved and applied on the next encounter.
    Lmao, this thread is MRay just flexing on us. Someone is gonna say let's cure cancer and he is gonna say it's cured internally and going live with 1.6.5.
  8. bishey

SP - UI a seen icon in the encyclopedia

I think you misunderstood his point. If 100 lords are dead and a new one dies, it will be really hard to pick that new death out in the encyclopedia. He is hoping for something to differentiate new deaths. Maybe something like a small star icon on their portrait until you click on it in the encyclopedia.
  9. bishey

Beta Patch Notes e1.6.2

I've seen longer hotfix patch notes. Would love to see patches like these biweekly, rather than waiting a month. Even if the content is small
  10. bishey

Future Plans

Who the **** cares about extra cosmetic skins that will cost money? Don't ****ing buy it, problem solved. It's an established and non-gameplay breaking monetization model. A few 3D modelers working on skins is not going to detract from other developers. And all of this is still an ASSUMPTION.
  11. bishey

Bannerlord 2 Coop is a must be !!!

Who knows what the future might hold?
    Massive Bannerlord Co-op patch next week, confirmed.
  12. bishey

Resolved Beta 1.5.10 Can't issue commands once enemy start to flee battle field.

Yeah, UI being disabled seems like an unnecessary change. I like the idea of Tier 3 and below units mindlessly charging and the rest listening to orders.

As a separate thing, I would also love to play around with my units to try out different formations. We don't really have a place to practice with our entire army. Would be kind of cool to have the option to load into a scene without any enemies and have our units listen to our commands. As for lore/flavor, we can say that we are doing drills.
  13. bishey

Information about developments at snowballing problem

5 days ago I wrote here about I will move this suggestion internal because I 100% agree and at same point with you. I posted your suggestion internal 2 days ago explained case in a long detailed text to avoid a possible reject with explaining why this feature is needed. However I could not get a reply yet. Some testers only replied and they approved game needs this feature.

YC9dA.jpg

Then I wanted to show this is an easy issue and can be implemented without any risk or big work need. I spent 1 day and added this feature to game. It is currently working and enemy kingdoms make a peace voting inside and send us offers time to time. Here you can see a peace offer from player's enemy. So it is currently ready but yet I did not get any approve. If it is approved it can be at game at 1.6.2 (1.6.1 tests will be start soon, so low probability to reach it).

Before click right icon
    ykbIU.jpg

After click right icon
    _KUiZ.jpg

Of course in example they sent us an offer which our kingdom need to pay tribute but sometimes if player kingdom is in a good position at war this will be "enemy is ready to pay tribute to you". In above sample all other our clans are ok with paying 2540 denars. Thats why they make an inside voting with "if enemy pays 2540 denars are you ok for peace". If this peace voting accepted among enemy clans and all our kingdom clans are ok with paying 2540 denars icon appears at right and we give final decision. Normally you know currently a faction does not make inside peace voting if player is vassal at enemy kingdom so only way is player's kingdom to do inside voting for peace currently. This locks player's kingdom in long and everlasting wars currently in some cases.

So next week I will try pushing this feature. We will see what will happen.
    No offense @mexxico but if I was a developer in your company and saw that post on Slack I would not read it :grin:. It's too long and doesn't have good formatting. Generally, I assume that my colleagues won't read a message if a single paragraph contains more than 4 sentences. I also try to convert those long texts into bullet point lists, which seems to increase the reading rate.
  14. bishey

Could this AI behaviour be improved?

I don't have a similar save file I'm afraid. Since this is on the TommyKay clip channel, I'm sure the actual gameplay took place days ago, if not weeks. I'm sure the save file is long overwritten.

I don't think this is a massive issue because it's so rare but it doesn't look great for the AI. Your point about breaking sieges being costly makes sense but the army broke siege to go raid a village for 2 seconds before going back to their siege. You can see this by pausing the video when he hovers over the 400 strong army.

If they can break siege to raid a village, they should probably break siege to help an ally army as well. Extending the detection range for allies currently fighting might be helpful and lore wise, we can assume the friendly armies send messengers to each other.
  15. bishey

Could this AI behaviour be improved?

I recently saw a short clip on YouTube. I know that TommyKay has been doing a recent Bannerlord play-through so I'm assuming the game branch is 1.5.9. Here we can observe a 800 strong Khuzait army chasing a 600 strong Sturgian army. Another 400 strong Sturgian army is sieging a city nearby...
  16. bishey

POLL: Elected Fan Representatives in the TW Forums?

I think this is overkill. The issue is not that there isn't enough suggestions or that the devs can't see those suggestions. The issue is how hard it is to convince TW about the necessity of a feature and what the scope of it's implementation should be.

I don't know how final decisions are made in TW but it's clearly flawed. Most suggestions are either put on the end of a ever growing list or negotiated down to it's most simple form where it barely solves the original problem.
  17. bishey

Bannerlord was a grift

Request a refund. File a lawsuit. Majority of the EA has been spent developing new paid DLC's, they stated the game was nearly finished 'after' they whaled in 4 million copies sold.
    How? We saw one single elephant model with the name DLC, 15 months after release. But we had hundreds of patches with thousands of fixes and new features in them. Anybody who says Bannerlord hasn't improved since EA launch should be ignored because the amount of mental gymnastics required to reach that conclusion is baffling. You either lack simple cognitive skills or you are lying maliciously to further an agenda. Which is it?
  18. bishey

Elephant DLC?

Here is an idea. If you don't like this DLC, do not buy it. Vote with your wallet. But we don't even know the scope of this DLC, nor it's price. We also don't know it's release date. Maybe it will be released with the game after early access, for a few dollars. That would be fine in my opinion. It will be an optional part of a single player game and the game is going to be balanced without it.

It will also give modders some new toys to play with. For example, Kingdoms of Arda might include war elephants. Only caveat would be that the players would need to own the DLC to play with that part of the mod. However, this is fairly common practice. Many mods require DLC packs to be owned by the player.
  19. bishey

Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

My goal is not to "convince as many people as possible that this game is hopeless and it's destined to be a failure". Warband is my favorite game of all time. There is no benefit to me sinking the Bannerlord ship. My goal (and likely most others you're thinking of) is to convince TW to pull their heads out of their asses and steer the Bannerlord ship away from the iceberg it's headed towards. Being that a year of nice polite suggestions didn't do the job, more oomph in what we're saying is clearly needed.

As I already said before, this is another patch and another month of not fixing the game's core issues. Another patch and another month of not adding anything to bring me back to the game. This is a big problem for a game that's supposed to have extreme longevity.
    I'm talking about comments like:
    • This patch is bad, there is not enough content in it.
    • Barely any new features have been added since the start of early access.
    • The game is dumbed down for consoles, it's bad.
    I don't see how these comments will "save" Bannerlord. Seems like they are very reductive and basically saying all work done by TaleWorlds in the last year is unsatisfactory. Obviously people have a right to criticize and vent their frustrations but I don't buy the idea that these are actually constructive criticisms.

Bannerlord is already mostly complete. It isn't going to significantly change from this point on. New features, balance changes and QoL changes are still coming but the base game is already there. Let's not pretend that constantly complaining is going to change the development process. Making suggestions and providing constructive criticism does improve the product but even that is limited in scope. It's time to accept and either embrace the game or move on from it.
  20. bishey

e1.6.0-v1.2.7 Modding Changes

It probably would have been better for the community to see the changes before reacting rather than the inverse
    Ah yes, these forums are known for people that are patient and reserved when reacting to dev comments. I think it's in TaleWorld's best interest to highlight their work and show how they incorporate community feedback. Doing this in a timely manner is also important as it can stop a lot of negativity before it builds up.
Back
Top Bottom