Search results for query: *

1. Perisno Mod Bug Reports

Not sure if I found a couple of bugs, or I'm just missing something

- Tried breaking nobles out of jail a couple of times, and the moment we step out of the jail, they would turn hostile and attack me. This has happened across different factions, and without me being at war with either the captive or captor faction (this seems to happen more often when i steal the guards keys)

- Can't seem to recruit/rescue prisoner Drachenmeisters. I have found illica and valahir units with drachenmeister prisoners, but upon defeat of their captors, they wouldn't show up on the recruit/rescue screen (I have been able to recruit the other two kinds of dragonrider units in this fashion though)
  2. Perisno Mod Bug Reports

@mr_paradox
    Firstly added troops to the problematic template as i said before. Replace it in the party_templates.txt

Then I created an option named "Fix 0 troops reinforcements party bug.". It loops through parties and adds 3 farmers to the each party created from the template above. It display the number of parties fixed with a message. It's in the camp menu above the "Resume travelling." option.
    Replace it in the menus.txt.

It's two lines long starting with "menu_camp" and "mno_camp_action_1".
    Remember to take backups.
    Thank you so much, it works!
    Game still has the occasional crash whenever they spawn somewhere in the world, but I have learned to save often, and would just reload and activate this whenever it happens. Not the most elegant solution, but it has made the game playable!
  3. Perisno Mod Bug Reports

I highlighted that line cause it was the closest to the what i was trying to say. In general, whoever talks must be there. Dialogs mostly uses party leader as the partner and it's the first troop in the party (or the first hero if there is one). When there is no troop in a party, dialog partner becomes 'null'. (It's a special empty object used in programming.) Using a null object causes an 'exception'. Exceptions are the things that causes red error messages appearing when an application crashes. In short, there is no one to talk to so the dialog makes the game crash.
    The rest of the post is mainly directed to the mod developers, a little bit extra insight about the problem.
    Edit: Tested it with empty looter parties (cheats and editing enabled), crashes without a message when you talk to them or after some time passes.
    copy, thanks for your help

in the meantime, any ideas or fixes? This is my 5th playthrough over several versions and hotfixes, all with the same problem, and I don't want to start again, lol
  4. Perisno Mod Bug Reports

You can upload images to imgur without an account :lol:, but be careful about what you upload it becomes anonymous and cannot be edited afterwards.

If the interaction triggers a dialog it's possible. In module_dialogs:

You need some units to do the talking.
    Appearently Zalea is a Hakkon village. Quick strings has this entry: "Reinforcements from {s14}". Party templates has this empty party template: "pt_reinforcements". I guess it's one of the dynamically created parties and they just forgot to add some troops in it.
    I'm sorry, I don't quite understand how to do this, or who is this third person. Can you please clarify/elaborate?
  5. Perisno Mod Bug Reports

Very strange... Ive never seen anything like this... Does it only happens while you are close to this 0 number unit? Crashes i mean. Also am i to understand that youve meet this unit again in your second playthrough? Did you use cheats only this time or you use them pretty regularly?
    It crashes regardless of whether I'm near it, or on the other side of the map.
    Playthrough 1: 1.12, found a unit like this, only turned on the cheat menu to teleport around when it started crashing to try to find the cause
    Playthrough 2: 1.2, edited gold and stats to match previous playthrough, never found a glitched unit
    Playthrough 3: 1.3, edited gold and stats like before, never found the glitched unit
    Playthrough 4: no cheats, till I turned them on to find the unit. Found the glitched unit (the above screenshot)

In all playthroughs, the crash was the same though. In the 1.12, it would crash whenever I spoke to the unit, or it reached it's destination. In the most recent playthrough, I could talk to it (see my first screenshots), but the dialogue options, would be obviously glitched, as well as show my character model, and name, in place of the npc's
  6. Perisno Mod Bug Reports

I know that its not cool to even try but youve said that youve never had any problems with this mod right? Can you try to play an older version of this mod? Like 0.99 for example? Or 1.0? etc? If the problem returns then its for sure your rig. Im at it again because we dont hear anyone having this kind of problem with the mod. Also did you try to turn off shaders? In the newest version of this mod the colors are much more vibrant and "alive" maybe shaders are a part of the problem.

You dont need to really play the older version, just maybe gather a party and besiege some castles\ fight osme lords and\or wait on the map for several weeks to see if the problem returns....

You often speak about this type of spawn "reinforcements" with amount of units 0. Its interesting... Did you meet them at any point in one of your previous playthroughs in the previous versions of the mod?
    Here's a screenshot of it in 1.3. Unlike when I first saw it in 1.12, this one was just running in place (the first time I saw it, it was walking around like a regular unit)
  7. Perisno Mod Bug Reports

I know that its not cool to even try but youve said that youve never had any problems with this mod right? Can you try to play an older version of this mod? Like 0.99 for example? Or 1.0? etc? If the problem returns then its for sure your rig. Im at it again because we dont hear anyone having this kind of problem with the mod. Also did you try to turn off shaders? In the newest version of this mod the colors are much more vibrant and "alive" maybe shaders are a part of the problem.

You dont need to really play the older version, just maybe gather a party and besiege some castles\ fight osme lords and\or wait on the map for several weeks to see if the problem returns....

You often speak about this type of spawn "reinforcements" with amount of units 0. Its interesting... Did you meet them at any point in one of your previous playthroughs in the previous versions of the mod?
    Played version 1.0 on the same rig around 1-2 months before 1.12 came out. Almost 200 in game days, and not a single crash. I don't know if I ever encountered it in any previous playthrough before I first reported it. (I only found it cause I enabled cheats to teleport around the map to try to find a glitched unit, since I only would crash outside of battle, while time was passing)
  8. Perisno Mod Bug Reports

@ kgwovan yes I did

also, once I finished talking to the group, they disappeared. Game still crashed later in the in-game day, but for the first time, I got an error message.
  9. Perisno Mod Bug Reports

V1.3 should be coming soon. Maybe that will work for you.
    Hi! Me again, did a fresh install of the game, downloaded 1.3, and started yet another playthrough. was fine but got the crash bug again at day 37. Found a "Reinforcements from ____" with 0 units, and was just running in place in the world map. Here are screenshots Made an account at flickr just to upload this, lol. Any advice?
  10. Perisno Mod Bug Reports

2nd Playthrough without major issues out of countless others . Yet I would not repute this mod as polished ( it is a gem , no offence intended).

so much going on - for me the global reduction of Spawns does help. It runs smoother from day 180 onwards than in the timeframe july - sep of first ingame year ( as factions eliminated and the Zann Hordes too).
    Either I'm dumb or blind, but I cannot find where I can reduce the spawns in the settings. How did you do it?
  11. Perisno Mod Bug Reports

V

So you must have the latest I suppose. I'd try a fresh install at this point.
    Yeah, already tried a total fresh install, but no luck. At this point, I'll probs throw in the towel for now cause this is already my 2nd playthrough this year, and both had the problem
  12. Perisno Mod Bug Reports

You aren't running the latest version of the mod.
    Which versuin is the latest? Last attempt was on 1.2 with all the subsequent hotfixes
  13. Perisno Mod Bug Reports

How big is your battlesize scale? In my case the safe amount is 300. Maybe try also scaling the battlesize down too to the number that feels comfortale? You say that you have 6gb of ram? Its not that much for today standards so it may help.

Can you continue the game without triggering this bug? For example by not interacting with these reinforcements? From what you say it seems that it can happen randomly in various moments. You also mentioned that you dont have any informations about bugs and that game freezes for a moment and then go to the pulpit. From everything that i know about this game, this mod and computers it looks like some kind of problem on your part either your computer or some errors in installed version of your mod like (faulty installation for example. I also see that you doubt thats the case. At the same time bugs with quests hardly ever trigger such violent reaction in games.

Try to load the previous save to see if it helps and maybe dont interact with the quest mentioned by kgwovan.

To be sure do as follows:

-Check your ram and graphics card.

-Uninstall the mod and even warband. Install it all fresh and to be sure that everything works as it should install the mod from steam. You can put saves from the ModDB version into the steam version no problem. Just copy them in some safe place before uninstalling everything...

Other than that its hard to come up with more ideas because mod itself seems to work right. Ive travelled through the whole continent doing battles and besieging several cities and nothing bad happened.
    -
    Copy. Did not interact with any quest giver in my 1.2 playthrough, already tried uninstalling and reinstalling

On a more general update, I'm more certain that it's caused by a 0-unit appearing and entering a town or castle, as I saw another one in my 1.2 playthrough. Not sure what causes it, or why they've been spawning a lot in my game. Will reinstall the mod one more time, and maybe try one of the hot fixes, if not, I'll probs throw in the towel
  14. Perisno Mod Bug Reports

@mr_paradox
    I've also encounter the 0-unit crash , however, for a different scenario. In my case, they showed up because of the error for the Revolution in Vinica quest line. I also had a fond memory of encountering the same crash you had once, related to time, don't remember the cause... maybe the same related bug?

This was back in 1.12, and I don't think Vinica is fixed yet, so to avoid this certain issue, I just have to avoid the error quests or start a new game/saved file before the quest.

Overall, avoid bugged quests to be safe :smile:
    I never did that quest, lol. Only active quest I had at the time was Grazir worshippers
  15. Perisno Mod Bug Reports

-If other players can play this mod without problems then if shouldnt be a problem of the mod itself and it must be related to your computer or the way youve installed this mod. Was it downloaded from ModDB, Nexus or Steam? If it was downloaded from ModDB or Nexus there is a potential problem right there. There were several fixes\patches for the mod uploaded on ModDB. If you didnt install them or installed them in a wrong way it may also cause these problems.

-I would check your ram and graphics card, especially if you have nvidia graphics card. I had many situations with nvidia graphics cards where games would crash because there was a small and random problem with the card and in some cases those problems grew to the point where card just burned and didnt work properly.

-Maybe the heat in the casing gets too high and overheat the card or other part of your computer.

-Things like what you speak off often happens when pc cant handle the game. If there is some random ram\video card problem then things like that can happen.

-Also your power suply my be failing or cant give enough power to your rig so in some istuations it can cause a crash.

-If your pc use older windows then it would also be a potential problem because older windows were 32 bit and didnt allocate enough ram for this game. I know that you didnt have any problems in version 0.99 but if you had a format of your hard drive then not all settings that you had before might be as they should.

-If your computer is older then it could also potentially be a source of the problem. I know that you didnt have any problems with previous versions but many things are always added in the new versions so maybe the new things are the straw that broke the camels back...

-Do you use laptop or pc or maybe a Mac?

I have one more idea\question... Are those units that had 0 soldiers that are called reinforcements arent by chance some type of specific units for one of your companions that you made into vasals? Im asking because i dont remember seeing this type of spawn but im also never use my companions as lords. I prefer to have them as my companions and bodyguards and i use normal lords from other countries as my vasals...
    Thanks for your input, will check some other these.
    To answer some of the questions
    - dont remember the video card top of my head, but it's AMD, not nvidia
    - laptop, got just in late 2019, running windows 10, 6gb ram
    - while I did use some companions as vassals, the village of Adat is controlled by a regular lord.
  16. Perisno Mod Bug Reports

Sorry but im not sure what to think because here you say that : - The crash doesn't happen after a battle or reloading. Then you say: this usually happens after a battle. I understand that crashes wont happen at the same date if you start doing other things than previously? If thats the case then 2 most possible explanations are that there is something on the map that make game crash when you are close to it or try to interact with it or the game is stressing your rig too much.

Did you try to put textures quality even lower like 40-60%?

Maybe lets start from the beginning.

-What are the specs of your rig?

-What happens when crash happens? Is there some info like some kind of texture didnt load? Or game couldnt find some object?

-Is game just stopping\freezing or is it closing the game and throw you to your windows screen?
    Hi! I dont have the specs right now, as my computer is off, and I'm on my phone, but it was originally in the auto detected settings if that helps. I've tried setting texture way down to 30, and the same thing happens. Been playing since 0.99, and it's been stable. It's only happened with the past couple of versions

When it crashes, the game would stop/freeze for a few moments, then I'd get booted to the windows screen. No error message or any info, and it happens regardless of where I am in the world map
  17. Perisno Mod Bug Reports

To be sure i would download the mod again and unpack it with 7zip. Dont use WinRaR i had problems with some mods when i unpacked them with WinRaR. Maybe new versions of it are better but i remember that Michadr a Perisno dev supported my claim that its wise to use 7zip so try to use it to unpack this mod.

If that doesnt help install mod from steam because there is a chance that mod version from the site from which you downloaded it has some bugs.

Other thing that can also help is to put the textures quality in the game to 75-85% because this game has a huge memory leak problem and this helps immensely.and im mentioning this because you've said that it happens also after a battle or reloading a save.

Be sure that you downloaded all patches and fixes and installed them correctly because sometimes even a minor mistake can give you many problems...

You can also tinker with other settings in the game engine.

Also there is a question of your pc maybe you have a bug\adware\troyan\malware that puts too huge stress on your rig and forces crashes while gaming...

Another thing is this reinforcements from adat unit which i dont know nothing about. Ive never seen any unit like that if im not mistaken. If the game things that this unit has 0 units then it should vanish in a moment because there are no more soldiers there. Also if unit stays then some soldiers should show up soon and there shouldnt be 0 soldiers in the unit anymore. If you still have this save near this unit then try to go away in the different direction wait some time and return to see if they are still there if they are not maybe it will help with crashes also. Only other situations when there are units with 0 soldiers are when your recruiter wants to find recruits for you or when (if im not mistaken) you want to send assassins after some lady. In that case they may attack also you and there may be 0 soldiers in that company I think...

If nothing helps feel free to return to and ask for more help im sure there is someone who can help you or maybe even dev will see your post. In case of saves you can easly copy your saves from the steam version to the moddb version and back, you just need to find the save location for this mod.

Good Luck! ^^
    Thanks for the advice! I've tried both 7zip and lowering the texture quality on 1.2, but no luck. Already virus scanned, etc., and I have no patches installed

A couple points of clarification in case anyone else sees this thread:
    - I've seen the "reinforcements from___" units before in areas controlled by NPC's (in my example, the area was given to one of my vassals). It's the first time I've noticed it with 0 units though, and when I approached and tried to interact, the game crashed. not sure if it's the same problem as the original crashes
    - The crash doesn't happen after a battle or reloading. will describe what happens in better detail:
    >crash happens on a specific date (for example, apr 15 at around dusk). game will crash almost without fail at this time
    > after reloading, and playing the game some more, but doing different things than what I was doing before the crash, sometimes it wont crash during the time (apr 15 to keep the example). this usually happens after a battle. not sure why. But it will always have a later date in which it will crash again without fail (now the new date when it crashes is may 1).

In both playthroughs, Im stuck, and battling random opponents doesnt seem to help at all
  18. Perisno Mod Bug Reports

It happened a few times in a 1.12 playthrough, then I started a new playthrough in 1.2, and it's happening again. I don't want all the hours to go to waste, so any help is appreciated! (Gonna copy and paste my post from the modb site)

"I've been playing this mod for the past several versions, but upon playing for several hours, I've noticed that it crashes a lot when I'm in the overworld (not sure if that's what its called), despite never crashing when I played the past versions, and was wondering if anyone else had this problem, or if there is a fix. Crashes happen when I'm either waiting or traveling, and it happens on seemingly set times (even when I re-load the save, it will crash on the same in-game day and time. sometimes after doing a battle, and it wont crash, but will repeatedly do so at a later in-game day and time) Hope that made sense, and any help would be most appreciated!"

Not sure if it's related, but in my 1.12 playthrough I'm near the city of the kuulan horde (part of my kingdom), and a unit labeled "reinforcements from adat" with 0 units would show up. When approached, it would also crash
Back
Top Bottom