Search results for query: *

1. Outlawed

B Medieval [WB] Crusader - Way to expiation

Just go play silver stag while you wait.
  2. Outlawed

GodWillsIt said:
    Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
    Prince de Radzivil said:
    I did not mean that the Orient was undeveloped in economical or cultural sense. Still the Islamic world is hardly was "more advanced" than contemporary Christendom. Yeah, there is an old Voltairian cliché since the 18th century about the rich, prosperous, and tolerant East (well, the term East/Orient as a cultural concept is also the 18th century's innovation). It is still perfectly alive and very popular not only through the media or cinemas but even in academic thought.

Personally I cannot say that the Eastern societies were more devolved than the feudal society. There was no certain understanding what is private property in the East and many societies were still predominantly slavery based. Also you should consider the Middle East and the whole Arabian world climate and other natural conditions that were hardly suitable for a long-term prosperous economical development during medieval times at last in compare to most of Europe.

There were only several dozens centres of the high Islamic culture mostly based at the major rulers' courts with dozens of brilliant scholars and artists. Plus several major religious educational institutions. But there were nothing even close to the European network of universities, colleges, monasteries, scriptoriums or Italian-based or Byzantine art centres. Still almost in every popular image of the Crusades' epoch you see the brutal intolerant illiterate Christians terrorizing sophisticated Muslim world where almost every peasant at the remote village or a Bedouin at the centre of the desert could read Old Greek and know basics of the medicine. This is really annoying.

Oh, and there were no "nations" sui generis during the ol' good Crusades times. :smile:

I generally try to avoid defending points that I don't know all that much about, but regardless, I'll give this one a go. I doubt any of the universities, monasteries, etc. could even approach the caliber of the Muslim learning centers and institutions. In addition, to say that it was a "network" is rather too generous, in my opinion. I'm under the impression that the works of each monastery and the ilk were more self-autonomous.

And the Islamic world was undoubtedly more economically prosperous, not on the virtue of the land they occupy, but the trade the conducted. They had a vast trade network spanning the world, and their position between the East and the West was supremely advantageous. Furthermore, not all of the Muslim world was desert, obviously. They were extremely efficient at agricultural practice, and in the case of Mesopotamia and the Nile, exploiting irrigation systems that had been in place for millenia. Meanwhile, European agricultural practice was incredibly inefficient, with most cities bearing only tens of thousands, while Baghdad had a population of a million souls.

Your comment strikes me as quite European biased, I must say.

I hate to bring posts back from the dead after so long, but it's just painful to see the same fashionable anti-European myths being perpetuated.

Intellectually, culturally, technologically, there was absolutely nothing in the contemporaneous world that was the equal of Christendom from the 1100's onwards, or perhaps even from the time of Charlemagne onwards. The achievements of the Muslim world, or anywhere else for that matter, fade into insignificance when compared with the achievements of Christendom in philosophy, theology, legal science, mathematics, architecture, engineering, music, painting, sculpture, or any of the other key arts and sciences. Great Medieval minds such as Thomas Aquinas tower over their islamic counterparts . The Canon Law of the Catholic Church is a masterpiece in the realm of legal science unrivaled in the eastern world. The superiority of European engineering and architecture is attested to by the great medieval cathedrals (Cologne, Amiens, Chartres, Notre Dame de Paris, Salisbury to name but a few), which have never been equaled, let alone surpassed. In the realm of music, the medieval era saw the birth of comprehensive musical notation, Gregorian chant, and complex polyphony, all of which were to have an inestimable influence upon the classical tradition, while the Islamic world has no significant musical tradition to speak of. In art, Catholic Christendom provides a striking contrast with the iconoclastic Islamic world, and the sculptures, stained glass, illuminated manuscripts, altar pieces, reliquaries etc have absolutely no equal in the east. I could go on, but you get the point.

The monasteries were by no means autonomous, infact they comprised a tightly-knit network through which information could spread rapidly, even across thousands of miles. They also practiced advanced agricultural techniques which spread throughout Europe. Randall Collins writes "These monasteries were the most economically effective units that had ever existed in Europe, and perhaps the world, up to that point". Further, the monasteries introduced the use of machinery to Europe on a scale unmatched in any other part of the world up to that time. The use of water-powered systems was widespread for crushing wheat, tanning leather, sieving flour, and many other purposes. That's just the tip of the iceberg, we haven't even discussed the medieval contribution to morality, producing monastic orders who lived in poverty and dedicated themselves to charitable works in a fashion completely alien to the morality of the Islamic world.

Lol, the word Canon comes from Arabic.
    The world Algebra, comes from Arabic.

I'll stop there.
  3. Outlawed

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

blackthursday said:
    Found this idea from the outlawed's youtube video.

KrugerrandCash 16 hours ago
    I'd like an option for multiplayer tournaments inside the single player campaign. you go to a castle or town with a mp tournament and join. you can participate, spectate, gamble on mp tournaments and profit in your sp campaign. Just an idea.

Yeah, that's one of the better suggestions I've heard in a long time.

Lumos said:
    Outlawed said:
    Here is my humble analysis for those interested:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnNKN7d9gNA

Also there is a shoutout to LumosCorp. xD
    Proof that spending more than ten minutes (most of which drawing lines) on something pays off in the end. :razz:
    Thanks for the shoutout. The entire company approves. Those that did not approve('s contracts) have been terminated.

Haha, us Bannerlord covering media must crosspromote XD
  4. Outlawed

Here is my humble analysis for those interested:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnNKN7d9gNA

Also there is a shoutout to LumosCorp. xD
  5. Outlawed

I think its very apparent that TW is trying to make the Byzantine/Roman faction have some elements from each of the factions of Warband. Its almost like the Warband factions took some of the Byzantine/Roman culture when they invaded; which makes perfect sense.
  6. Outlawed

West Knights [wK] - Legends of the Omniverse

Hi.
    Im new player. I come from Sparta, Greece
    my real length is proportional to the base cube of the smiley. really, its simple; beirssuks is the usually strain
    man g

also pikatchu has failed to be mention.
  7. Outlawed

I don't understand why you must adopt a timid position.
    SP or MP?
    Why not both =\?

A game does not need to sacrifice its multiplayer OR singleplayer - you should not limit it to anything.

But one thing that is extremely important to note, and this is true for ALL games.
    If a game is balanced enough for competitive online play, then its singleplayer is most likely going to be balanced as well.

Prime examples: Total War: Shogun 2- without the MP community, a lot of hidden bugs and glitches that ruin even SP would not have been found out or tested for specifically.
    Another example is Starcraft, but I guess no one buys SC for the campaign (safe assumption?)
  8. Outlawed

The Bowman said:
    Outlawed said:
    Hey guys, I did a little speculation and coverage video about the new stuff release.
    If you have speculations and stuff about the screenshots please post your thoughts in the comments or something =p

here it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV-heYj_EWY

The Bowman said:
    Just to spice the speculation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGxHYv08bUs

Ninja'd.

HAHA
    oh yeah my bad!!

I've fixed it now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGxHYv08bUs
  9. Outlawed

Hey guys, I did a little speculation and coverage video about the new stuff release.
    If you have speculations and stuff about the screenshots please post your thoughts in the comments or something =p

here it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGxHYv08bUs
  10. Outlawed

All I care about is that an improved game comes with an improved combat system; this is at the core of the MP experience. A good, balanced combat system that works well in SP makes everyone in MP happy. Eventually people will make their own competitive maps, and I'm sure we'll get tons of the weapon balance and stuff sorted in beta.
  11. Outlawed

Its never the case where a Multiplayer is involved and a complex SP is expected that you see a release without major bugs.
  12. Outlawed

B Medieval [WB] Warband: Total Realism, 1148 A.D. - (MAPPER needed)

Leifr Eiríksson said:
    Bannerlord will be running on a completely new 'module system', so to speak. You won't be able to just magically port it over.

We don't have much in the means of content anyway.
    Just a few scripts and some models.
  13. Outlawed

Ringwraith #5 said:
    Oh what the hell, worth a shot.

Taleworlds, give us some news.

Lol I didn't expect that from you.
    Taleworlds, news please.
  14. Outlawed

Jesus YOUR LORD said:
    Outlawed said:
    You can stun a short sword with a 2h sword in Warband...
    Its based on weapon mass and momentum. Nothing is wrong with the system as is really. I'd just like to see some feinting limitation.

Good feinting is actually quite hard to master.  Just by watching feints you can tell who has >500 hours playtime.  The duels would last forever if there wasn't a way to disguise your attack.  I seriously hope the devs don't mess with the core mechanics of combat.

Yeah, they do take a good amount of time to get right. But once you do, it becomes silly at one point. Also, I don't need to say anything about the macros people have sometimes lol. Its quite funny actually. I think the game should encourage more holding/timing than 'tap' feinting.
  15. Outlawed

You can stun a short sword with a 2h sword in Warband...
    Its based on weapon mass and momentum. Nothing is wrong with the system as is really. I'd just like to see some feinting limitation.
  16. Outlawed

I personally do not see why anyone should be prejudiced towards rim jobs >.>

Also to everyone posting and *****ing about people asking for info and complaining.
    You piss me off as much as they do -_____-

Hypocrites  :???:
  17. Outlawed

Black Shields (BkS) bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks

but he said that when he went to the tent convention there was teh can of chikun frethers and he used to make the pillow and the pillow to steal the dust from the tooth fairy then there was gold, gold everywhere. but it was ok because they had the band wagon with the red racing stripes and haystack for the horse saddles, and no one even mentioned pikatchu...  :neutral:

/SeptiSpeak
  18. Outlawed

matmohair1 said:
    :roll: you don't need to use the whole clip,
    just snip the ones that count

The movie: The Message has well done battle scenes. Too bad the quality would probably be too bad because the movie is just too old.
    But having Athan in a battle is like having a church choir hymn sung by Crusader Knights haha
Back
Top Bottom