Search results for query: *

1. PoP planned for Bannerlord ?

Fat agree from me
    Hi Saxondragon,

Super excited to hear that yourself and your team are dedicated to bringing PoP to Bannerlord. The biggest drawback I saw in the mod (besides the fact that it's barrier to entry was pretty high if you're not cheating (if you're bad at the game like me, lol)) was the vanilla warband combat system, which has gotten a little dated. Of course, we'll have to wait a while, but I'm already mentally salivating at the possibilities of bringing this rich world to Bannerlord's updated engine.

Was just curious, now that PoP seems to be set to move into pre-production relatively soon, is there any way we, as fans, will be able to support you and your teams venture? I'm not much of a coder so I probably wouldn't be able to contribute directly to the development process, but I (and I imagine some others) would probably be happy to drop a certain amount per month via a Patreon or something if it would help you guys substantially.
    No worries if it's not something you've thought about yet, but I think I speak for a not-insignificant portion of fans who want to help you bring this vision to life!
  2. PoP planned for Bannerlord ?

Thank you Pind for the words of support and encouragement. I am in the ending stages of another project now with a permanent development team. When we are finished, then I will turn the teams attention to POP and Bannerlord. It is not quite that simple as a direct port, as the structure of Bannerlord is not the same as it is in Warband. The clan system for example is integral to Bannerlord and it is not present in Warband. Warband we can own villages, and in Bannerlord that is not possible. The analysis and design needs to answer "where do we cut from or add to" in order to create the ending product. No matter the answer, there is extensive design, artwork, coding and time. I am not so worried about risk here as I am confident we can create an experience that everyone will enjoy for many years. The real question I am interested in answering is "What is the experience, and at what stage of play, do we want to implement?" For example, both POP, Warband and Bannerlord have issues during the latter stages of game play where the game becomes a grind. We need to create different types of challenges and systems to interact with to make play more "succulent" at that stage of the game. One of the more interesting aspects of the Mount&Blade (all versions) system is the transformative mode of play. You and your character grow in terms of what can, and indeed should, be interacted with during play. When we start out we pretty much ignore the larger political game and focus on a single character a few companions and a smattering of soldiers and doing missions. As we "Grow" we start to play the larger game surrounding kingdoms and lords and relationships. In POP we began to address that with the Knighthood order concept. I think that was a good first step, but still needs more pathways to follow and more intrigue, diplomacy options, lord interactions, and Knighthood order interactions to round out that end game experience.
    Thank you for your hard work, and for your great POP mod. Made on the basis of Warband, it is so different qualitatively, in every sense. I still play it to this day because it's fun. It has long been subscribed to the pages of POP in various social networks in order to find out news, thoughts about the release of POP on the Bannerlord platform. Seriously, the new POP is intriguing before it even hit development. Will Mattenheim show up, Barclay? What is beyond the forests of the Noldor? or the Rocky Mountains? It's all wildly interesting and intriguing
    I think many would be grateful if you found the time to drop a couple of lines about POP on BL))))
  3. What Happened with Groups?

Partially agree with the author of the post. On the one hand, the new system is cool, convenient and timely. But she has serious shortcomings. For example, in the new system, it is impossible to single out spearmen or pikemen into one group. Separate Battania elite archers from other archers or skirmishers. You cannot assign a role to a companion: if a companion is on a horse, he will join an infantry group in battle, unless he is appointed as a cavalry or mounted archer sergeant. You can't separate shock troops from shield bearers.
    And at the moment, when hiring companions, it became necessary to look at their skills in order to understand whether they would be useful in the squad as sergeants or not. Previously, there was no such need.
  4. Resolved Rescue Your Family Crash

In beta 1.7.1 Not fixed. In 1.7.0. same problem
  5. Resolved Rescue Your Family Crash

In Beta 1.7.1. same problem as in 1.7.0.
    2022-01-11_10.39.07_00000000000000000000000000000000
  6. Resolved Rescue Your Family Crash

Same problem
  7. Resolved Frequent FPS drops

The same problem with falling fps. But only in a single player game. Appeared with patch 1.7.0.
  8. Petition to return to the pre 1.7.0 method of assigning troop types.

I agree with the author of the post. But I also think that there is no need to return to the old system. Perhaps it is worth combining these two systems.
  9. Resolved the ability to distribute the player's companions and troops has disappeared.

In previous versions, it was possible to assign troops and satellites to certain units (infantry, archers, horse archers, cavalry) by choosing a flag with a Roman numeral. B 1.6.5. and 1.7.0. this opportunity has disappeared, which is extremely inconvenient when developing companions of heroes.
  10. SP - UI Day per season (per year)

It would be great if the campaign settings had the ability to change the number of days in a year (season). This would allow players to speed up or slow down the passage of time. Also, it would be great to diversify the existing game.
  11. SP - General Make Noble Troops Less Common For Better Game Balance and Immersion

I think that the developers need to rethink the hiring system for high-level units. Including a line of nobles. It turns out that the player at the very beginning of the game, having neither fame nor glory, can easily recruit cataphracts and other top units into the army. I am sure that the set of these troops, in addition to the relationship with the nobles, must be tied to the player's level or to his fame.
  12. SP - General Recruitment balance

I think that the developers need to rethink the hiring system for high-level units. Including a line of nobles. It turns out that the player at the very beginning of the game, having neither fame nor glory, can easily recruit cataphracts and other top units into the army. I am sure that the set...
  13. In Progress Brother Nathanos cannot be married

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
    C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
    Done
  14. In Progress Brother Nathanos cannot be married

After the wedding of the player, the opportunity to marry his brother Nathanos was lost. Either there is no dialog box with this option, or when I was looking for a suitable match, then I have two options. I would be honored to be considered or hmm that might not work out. I say yes. Then he...
  15. Resolved Female clan members can't marry

the same bug with brother Nathanos
    Version 1.5.9. beta without mods
  16. [1.5.8 beta] Проблемы после обновления

Сомневаюсь, что разработчики читают этот форум. Они все сидят на англосаксонском и турецком форуме. Так что вперед туда )
  17. Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine III

And the sieges themselves have not yet been completed. Archers from the walls shoot through one. 150 Battan heroes barely win 200 Vlandians, 100 foot soldiers, 50 crossbowmen and 50 knights. Although in theory, the Vlandians should not have reached the walls. And if you do, then with crushing losses
  18. Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine III

Do you know how that will work?

To me it seems like a mechanic that won't happen too often. I am only guessing here, I am not sure how it works.
    Armies only lay siege if they have an army size & winning rate that is higher than the defenders + the autoresolve bonus for sieges, right?
    Correctly. Now if an army is besieging a city or castle, the siege will be 100% successful if reinforcements are not suitable
    So if the attacking army is always stronger there is no reason to sally out into a position where they have a disadvantage.

The three reasons I could come up with why the defenders should sally out is
    1. It's the player.
    2. The city has a lot of cavalry units and so is stronger in open field battles than in siege.
    Even going out during an assault would be a good idea. If a player appears on horseback in battle, why can't you add another 10-20 mounted units next to him. An attack to damage siege towers or a ram. Then the enemy must either continue the siege or retreat
    The other option would be to change sally out into a mission were both armies only use a fraction of it's unit in contrast to the full scale attack.
    In Pendor's Prophecy (and maybe in the original WARBAND), when the besieged sally swooped in, the attackers had an arrow penalty. The besiegers had 2 or 3 arrows in a quiver.
    This might be for example an night attack where the defenders try to sabotage the siege equipement while the army that is laying siege also only has a few units (due to it being night)
    Night attack with some kind of fire grenades so that siege weapons can be set on fire. It would be cool. And such an innovation will allow a kind of a whole quest from the siege

It would also be correct to introduce fire arrows for archers. So they can set fire to siege towers and battering rams. ))))
Back
Top Bottom