Search results for query: *

1. combat AI in Bannerlord suck!

Seriously, the combat is not just a little bad, but utterly awful! From fighting on foot to cavalry to range, everything feel bad and counter-intuitive. These are my reasons why I believe this is so: - First of all, infantry, the supposed backbone of any army, is terrible in Bannerlord. Do...
  2. Resolved Caravan Ambush + Partners in Crime perk = glitched caravan and failed quest

the level 150 Roguery perk, Partners in Crime, makes bandits always offer to join the player. in the Caravan Ambush quest the npc asks the player to follow a caravan and wait for it to be attacked by a group of bandits. however, I went past the caravan to the bandits themselves and used the...
  3. SP - General Combat - Effective distance mechanic suggestion.

I agree. As of now types of infantry aren't differentiated enough to have their own rolls. It doesn't help that in battles infantry combat breaks down to blobs of men fighting face to face regardless of weapon length or type. They don't give each other room to fight effectively and because of this their strikes are blocked by their own fellow solders.
    I believe there is a mod that fixes this, but it goes without saying it should be in the base game.
  4. why do horse charges only cause a stagger?

I get that you don't want the game to be tactically thoughtless.

Look at it this way.
    Right now:
    Shield infantry can make archers almost irrelevant with their shields with no tactical effort.
    Two-hander infantry can shred shields, and destroy shield infantry in a fight, with no tactical effort.
    Horse archers can defeat any infantry who are without a shield or throwing weapon and unable to catch them or outshoot them, with very little effort (follow command+circle).
    Archers can out-shoot horse archers with superior accuracy, negating their effectiveness, with no tactical effort.
    Pike infantry can brace their pikes to absolutely destroy charging cavalry, with no tactical effort.
    gosh, I wish tactics could be like that in BannerLord. Sadly, the combat AI makes traditional counters trivial. In battles the AI will do one of two things: turtle up in a corner or charge.

The AI turtling up should be good if it is defending, letting their archer shoot accurately, letting spear-infantry brace, and shield-infantry keep their shield wall intact. But unfortunately this is BannerLord; the AI will generally bunch up their archers making them easy targets for your own. The AI will put its infantry in shield wall, making spear-bracing ineffective. Yet shield wall is terrible in combat as troops will eat each other hits. yet the it will still keep that formation until their bitter end.

The AI charging is no better. Archers can somewhat effectively shoot and run forward, but crossbows can't. Infantry will not hold their shield up when charging, preferring to raise the weapons up as if they can strike someone 100 meters away.

I think AI combat is so bad that people believe if TW were to actual fix something it would break the game balance, its "everything is bad, so nothing is bad" kind of balance. And that's sad because it's true. However, AI combat being bad isn't an excuse for keeping cavalry in the stat that it is in. what happens when TW fixes the AI to properly set up a line of spear-braced infantry in response to a cav charge? will people whine that infantry is too strong because it's working properly? what happens if armor gets buff so that acts like actual historic armor, will people complain that "archer are bad now, please nerf/buff!"? After launch they had to nerf horse-archer hard because they were the few units that behaved exactly as you'd think horse archers should, while most units didn't.

heavy cavalry should act and feel like heavy cavalry, with all its strengths and weaknesses. The least they can do is add stumbling to infantry when they are charged by cavalry.
  5. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops More ways to raise Notable relations

I somewhat agree. it's hard to gain any good relationships with clans outside your immediate friend circle, unless you constantly choose to release enemy nobles after battles. In fact, it's very easy to gain negative relationship with other nobles: raiding, sieging, and conquering their settlement (the main things you do in mid to late game!).
    But on the opposite end, unless you you try to be a b**ch, you will find it hard to not be friends with fellow vassals. even voting to take away their fiefs isn't too bad and will cost so much influence you can only do it a few time. The only reliable way to make them hate you is to 'devastate/show mercy' on a conquered city/castle.
    This make a rift where your friends will just keep loving you more and more and your enemies' hatred for you will just keep growing, and there isn't much you can do about it. There need to be something that balances this, like maybe by having relationships slowly gravitate to zero; if they hate you +1-2 relationship every in-game year and if they love you, the opposite. This will make you have to maintain good relationships, and if you pissed off a few people early game, you will slowly make amends.
  6. what's the point of the Dragon Banner?

So I made a new game with the intent of doing the main quest instead of just ignoring it. I wanted to try it out, see if there had been any changes since the last time I did the main quest over a year ago. To my surprise hardly anything had change at all! What was worse was the fact that I...
  7. why do horse charges only cause a stagger?

It's to prevent people from just obliterating infantry formations without even using a weapon, by just running horses into into people en masse.
    I am not talking about increasing damage of charges, just knock back. you can't obliterate infantry by stunning them for 1-2 seconds, you can, however feel like you are obliterating them and feel like your horse has actual weight and power. that's what I have been getting at

Otherwise, for example, imagine a pretty standard 150 vs 150 battle with you having around 70 standard Imperial infantry in the frontline, and the enemy are Vlandians with something like 60 melee cavalry. Do you really want something like more than half your infantry gone in one or two charges?
    again, just knock back. and in your example you used Imperial infantry, the worse infantry when it come with dealing with cavalry since few have spears and can't brace. with or without knock back you can beat them with a few good charges.
    it will be more fair to use infantry that have spears or long polearm, which is most of them.

I agree there could be some tweaks. Longer and more significant stun, more consistent blow to the morale, and etc.. but if people want to raise the damage of the charge itself, then it's gonna have to accompany the blunt damage in a blowback to the horse as well, lest the game becomes just a horse-bulldozer game.
    again, no increase in damage, just knock back. it won't become a bulldozing simulator, spear bracing will ensure it. I've been at both the receiving and giving end of spear-braced infantry, it is not pretty for charging cavalry. sure the AI isn't the best at spear bracing, especially when they are advancing. counter-charging with cav seem to mess their AI and instead of bracing they will trust with their spear, which is lees effective. but that's TW problem to fix not mine.
  8. why do horse charges only cause a stagger?

I can charge at full speed with my horse in heavy armor against a simple recruit, yet all I can do is get them stunned for half a second and have them say "oof!". It doesn't even matter if it's a full on charge or just a trot, it still stuns them for the same amount of time! Shouldn't a full on...
  9. Tribute system is pretty stupid

honestly it has always been broken. the man issue come from the fact that the AI seems to treats tribute like a trade deal. for example, let's say the AI wants to make peace with you, offering to pay you money in tribute. however, if you were to then take a castle/town from it, because the AI treats it like a trade, it will subtracts the money it would get from said settlement from the tribute so that the amount of money it its offering is now negative. the AI will now want YOU to pay tribute . it dumb to say the least.
  10. Noble Genocide

That's all strict statistic, in fact nobles die very rare in my playthroughs. Even in sieges, where lords die more often
    then you are lucky. in my experience at least one lord dies in large battles (800+ total troops in the battlefield)
  11. Noble Genocide

OMG, 2%? That's critically low, why would ever have this feature if lords will be almost immortal again?
    i don't think so. @SadShogun said auto-resolves will result in death now. think of it as rather than the players killing up to 10% of lords (per battle!) with lords hardly dying otherwise, all lords have a small chance of dying all from battles around the map as suppose to only around where the player is. I know 2% is small, but it's PER battle. factions is almost always in war with one another and go through at least least a few dozen battles + sieges + raids by the end of it. anymore than 2% could result in factions committing self-genocide.
  12. vassals voted for someone they hate to be their ruler... is this a bug?

I talked about wanting to be ruler in the tread Should I assassinate My Liege? in the end I didn't have to do anything like that because the old ruler soon died of old age. the pop-up appeared to decide the next ruler and... they don't want me; not even one voted for me. instead, they...
  13. SP - World Map Faction Chokepoint Castles

I think this concept is very good and can relieve pressure off the player from babysitting their vassals.

but what if a neutral party wants in? Well, it would depend on the size of the party so a big party (say around 80-100+ men) wouldn't be able to enter even if neutral, otherwise a player can go to another faction's territory and just besiege a city without ever engaging with the chokepoint castle at all.

This could be improved upon with tolls from these castles when you are a neutral party and the toll paid would depend on your trade skill and party size.
    neutral parties should be allowed to pass, otherwise the player, as well as neutral mercenaries and lords, will be essentially trapped after a certain point in the game where most players generally lead a lot of troops.

I don't think tolls would be a good idea. again, discourages movement, especially early game where I doubt the player would be able to afford it.
    I think that Bannerlord already has a system for being able to enter castle: relationship. if a lord likes you, they will let you though, if they hate you, they won't. this applies for whether you are neutral to a faction, a vassal of it, or even their king!! literally, I was the ruler of the faction and I was at a bad relationship with one of my vassals (-12). I tried to enter one of their castles and they wouldn't let me though.
  14. should I assassinate my liege?

I want to be ruler so I was waiting for them to just die of old age, but it is taking way to long. should I friendly-fire them to death in battle or is there a better way? and would this cause the other vassals to hate me?
  15. Some questions about building melee character

Greetings, I have a couple of questions:
    1-I try to play as a two hander (with axe for cleaving), but with recent athletics nerf I cant catch most units although I travel light. Also whenever I try to go berserk into enemy I either end up with a throwing spear/arrow/bolt whatever on my head or they catch me and I try to block 5 people at a time and fail.
    for some reason routing units go super-speed so you can almost never catch them even before the athletics nerfs.
    have a shield equipped on your character. it will allow you to approach them even under heavy fire. once close enough, put the shield on your back as it will reduce damage taken if hit from behind.
    don't try to block 5 people a once. best to kite them into a single dense blob by running around in cycles then continuously side-step and attack.

2- They say bardiche is great, which faction sells bardiche?
    Thanks!
    Aserai sells bardiche, but there are other powerful two-handed weapons as well: Valandia sells short-bill, Sturgia sells drilled axe, and Batannia has a lot of good two-handed swords which is good with level 150 two-handed skill since you can deflect arrows.

hope this helps
  16. Company of Trouble quest: why can't I buy them?

as a quick recap of the quest, a lord gives you some units of mercenaries and wants you to go to other lords and try to convince them to buy them. my question is why don't I have an option to simply buy them instead? I am constantly leading armies, so finding a lord isn't a problem for me...
  17. Capture Lord/Lady (suggestion)

I got this quest to capture a lady some lord had some beef with. I noticed after looking for her in several locations that she is not lord type that leads armies but just a plain Lady that likes to socialize in castle gatherings. So i can't capture her unless i capture the whole town or castle because these type of characters, it seem, that are not traveling, but just teleport between locations. It would be interesting to have them travel with some lord or caravan between locations.
    if you capture other lords of the same clan she would lead a party to replace them. I assume you are at war or willing to going to war with the faction, I'd never do the quest otherwise.
  18. exploit for infinite army cohesion (plz fix, devs)

in order to pull this off you need to make party for a clan member then invite them into your army. whenever army cohesion gets low simply kick that party out of the army and immediately invite them in again. it cost zero influence to invite a clan member into your army, yet inviting a party...
  19. level 275 Scout + Khuzait speed bonus is insane!

seriously, the perk Uncanny Insight can give you a minimum of 7.5% speed increase! and if you decide too have a party only consisting of cavalry you are already have a 10% faster with khuzaits. combining them together with other perks and you are going about 20% faster! plus I can see the up to...
  20. should smithing even be a skill?

It's there to give players option to craft their own weapons. Nothing more and nothing less. It's completely optional and you can ignore it if you want. Which is fine by me.

The only complain I have about it is totally random way to obtain design elements. You should be obtaining details of the weapon you are scrapping. You should not be able to learn new blade design from a wooden mallet.
    but players would have to spend both time and skill points to craft their desired weapons rather than on skills that let them use the weapon effectively. that's why there should simply be an NPC that can make it for you. M&B with Fire and Sword had this; you could order custom armor, swords, shields, bows, guns, and even horses (the priced were pretty high though).
Back
Top Bottom