Search results for query: *

1. Henders

MP The role of throwing weapons and skirmishers (suggestion)

I absolutely agree with you. I tried to play skirm seriously for some time but the only way I found to play it is wait for units to charge my allies heavy units, then throw at their back. And it was not as effective as charging directly.

The Idea to deal heavy dammages on shield is nice because that way the "strong shield" perk will be more usefull.
    Bows deals around 20-30HP, if throwing weapons can deal 40-50HP but you only have 3, it can be very intressting.

I think that the only thing to do is to up throwing weapons dammages and movement speed and we are good.
  2. Henders

MP Captain Mode - automatic follow - stop the trolls

I just bump this to say that I just had a game against 4 rambos with Vlandia cav (3/4 were from clans). The game last more than 40 minutes and I joined the 2nd round...
    Basically the game was: we capture 2 points, put our units agains a wall and wait. When you managed to stop one of them, they were able to run away with 2/3 of their HP.
    Even if we won (3/2), that was everything but fun.
  3. Henders

but the solution for Rambo should be better and smarter A.I that doesn't get baited by the rambo player,
    The thing is, you can't have very smart AI when you want +100 units on the battlefield otherwise you need Nasa servers to run your game.
    Dev team can improve AI but they will not be able to develop one able to deal with every situation without beeing over powered.
    That's why I think that the best solution for the Rambo problem is the one proposed by OP.
    The solution where you deal less damages when you are far from your units is not immersive/realistic enough in my point of view.
  4. Henders

What's wrong with the stones in sieges!!!! I have waited 8 years to be able to use siege weapon and rocks! I was so happy to see it introduced! Why would i rage for something i love?
    IRL if there was a bunch of enemies climbing a stair i would 100% grab that massive stone and throwing it in someones head
    Even if it's not the subject, I agree with you, throwing rocks at someones head is just lovely :smile:

I also enjoy killing horses and their owners as a peasant (my little pleasure). I do that in other game mods but during commander battle I want to base my gameplay on strategy rather that personal skill.

As Mabons said, Rambo si like wasp or mosquitoes, you kill one, maybe it's funny, but when you have to kill one every 5 minutes it's just annoying. Maybe you didn't play ranged much but when all your units are focusing that one guy in your back, not able to land 1 shot, I guarantee you that you will not have fun at all.

Also, the problem is not cav, it's rambo.
    This kind of stuff has always been banned in Napoleonic Wars and it was easier to take care of. I don't understand why we can accept it in Bannerlord where some cav units takes +3 spear to kill.
  5. Henders

Hi,

I had a fight with a rambo and his friend on this subject today.
    This "strategy" is not acceptable because it's based on AI stupidity so it's just expoit. AI is already frustrating to manage sometimes so if someone play with this it becomes a nightmare.

@WhiteEyedSh4rk: Please don't say that you can't capture points/spy/distract or whatever with your units. You know that you can but you risk loosing troops in the process... Most of the time rambo just rush kills. They don't cap, they don't spy they just want nice KD ratio. And when they are the only one left, others have to wait for them for ages.

Once I won a game because a rambo cav in my team left his 2/3 last units on border map and killed the last 10 inf with spear holding the flag.
    The enemy guy didn't know how to deal with cav and the AI was just too stupid to do anything... "captain told me to stay here and look here, I stay here and look here!". But I'm sure that if our guy didn't rambo, enemy would have win.
    If I were this enemy guy, I would just rage quit and never play this again.
    There is not enough players on this mod to let new players leave because of that.

This was not accepted in Napoleonic Wars, I don't understand why in bannerlord it can be legit.

1/2 games, there is a rambo guy. This is a real problem and I think that OP proposition is the thing to do.
    The problem with "the further from your troops, the less damage you do" is that archers will still focus the solo cav behind them than inf in front of them and you can ninja capture.

Vote to kick is also nice to have.

So please dear Taleworlds do something about this!
Back
Top Bottom