Search results for query: *

1. Hawkwind

(Rant)We need PATROLS, MORE FOOD, REAL JAILS or 100% combat death, bots don't get punished enough for losing

I agree it's too much of a grind to get any progress in wars, the nobles escape or are ransomed and quickly have a new party. After you take a town or castle they want more money to make peace.
    I have to keep my clan parties in an army all the time or they will do something stupid, get killed, or dump there best troops in a garrison that doesn't need it even in peace time. My vassals are idiots and rarely do anything useful and I can't direct them.
    I can't offer fiefs to recruit lords even ones who don't have any, and they want millions to join me even though their faction is losing badly.
    I will probably die of old age before I can take half the map.
  2. Hawkwind

It has been 355 days since the release of this game and Siege battles still do not work

I've recently been having a problem that after the outer gate is destroyed the men stand around and don't take out the second gate.
    I don't use towers but often only one ladder is used while the one next to it is empty.
    It seems like it getting worse not better, I'm using 1.5.8.
  3. Hawkwind

1.5.8 - Relationship system

If you put the captured lords in a castle or town you gain relation with the clan that owns it, you can also give them directly to a lord. So it's a choice of who you want to gain relation with, you are helping the enemy more than you faction. You can gain a lot if you help a lord losing a battle, of course you need to win. Even saving villagers from bandits will gain relation with a clan. Also you can do quests for lords some are very easy.
  4. Hawkwind

Does starving the settlement work?

It takes a long time, I did it once I think it was in 1.56. It took a while before they started losing troops and it was only a few per day.
    I've found that just building a ram and having lots of archers is the best way to go.
  5. Hawkwind

Does anyone actually have an Engineer with 175 Tactics skill?

I use a mod called character manager, you can reset all the points and perks and then put them where you want in game. There are other mods that also work. I hated how they seemed basically random.
    No way to get 175 tactics for a companion unless a mod allows you to cheat it there. It takes like 20 years, with near constant battles to get that with a mod that boasts experience gain. I'm at day 1609, level 30, and 174 tactics on my character
  6. Hawkwind

I cannot have childrens

Relation doesn't matter :razz:
    It think it's weird Clan members even have relation with each other since mechanically they-are-you once they become family. Probably just left over stuff.
    Odd I had read that it did in past threads. I had zero relation and after 12 or so years of no children I started a new game and after marriage raised relation and it seemed to work. I really don't have any idea how it works but it seemed the second child happened after I raised my relation more. It could just be coincidence. Be nice to now what does influence the chance besides age.
  7. Hawkwind

I cannot have childrens

Check your relation to your wife if it's zero you have to raise it. Give her gifts like jewelry, play board games, and help her defeat enemies.
    I was able to get mine pregnant in a couple nights in a town after getting my relation to 5.
    Your relation resets to zero when you marry so you have to do something to raise it.
  8. Hawkwind

20% less speed penalty in snow? Rrrrrealllly?

The reason why the Sturgian bonus is so strong even though it doesn't seem like it would be is because the description doesn't actually match its true function. The way it actually works is that if a Sturgian party is in snow, they get a +20% boost to their base speed. That means the maximum boost they will get is a full +1.0 speed. If it were to work as described, the maximum boost would top out at +0.1. As a comparison, the Battanian bonus gives a max of +0.45 speed, and the Khuzait bonus gives a max of only +0.2 speed.
    I hadn't noticed it before but you're right. It adds a feat factor that is 20% of the base which depends on the size of the party. Not sure if it's always been like that and isn't what I thought the bonus would be. So I guess I'm wrong and it's not worthless. Of course the might decide it's a mistake and nerf it to be worthless.
  9. Hawkwind

How old are you, and how much you love this game?

I'm 59 been playing wargames since mid 70's, I've always loved to combine strategic movement with tactical battles. I've played over 800 hours and will probably break 2000 at some point, I had about that with Warband and all the other related content. Fire and Sword, and Vikings were my favorites. Pretty easy to guess my favorite music since it's my name.
  10. Hawkwind

In my experience I spend little time in snow, and it covers only part the map and maybe half the time. The speed bonus for Khuzait works everywhere all the time. As best I could tell the amount of bonus is about the same for both and it's not a huge amount with all the other factors you can get through perks and lots of horses. The forest bonus is probably about equal in area, but works all the time. The other bonuses are harder to compare but are pretty good depending on your playstyle.
  11. Hawkwind

I play Sturgia as a handicap, the perk is basically useless.
  12. Hawkwind

Barter offer accepted

I can't seem to find anyway to delete or move a thread a thread.
    I still think it's a way to keep lords from staying in prison forever since AI lords don't seem to ransom them. If they are in a non enemy town then they might not get out when there is peace, I'm not sure but it seems possible.
  13. Hawkwind

Barter offer accepted

I don't think it's a bug but a feature to help with snowballing. So it would need a mod or edit to change.
  14. Hawkwind

Barter offer accepted

I see this message when a lord in my prison get ransomed. I don't seem to have a choice and in most cases would rather not ransom them. This is annoying and prolongs the war and makes it almost impossible to get much progress against a large faction. I've taken out 10000 troops and barely...
  15. Hawkwind

Name 3 features you would like to see implemented in the next - not yet started - update / patch !

You can include them into your army if that is what you mean by that.. Sorry if i got it wrong.
    No I'm talking when I've been a mercenary or clan parties before I make a kingdom, so I can't form armies,. I could have been a little more specific.
  16. Hawkwind

Name 3 features you would like to see implemented in the next - not yet started - update / patch !

1. Fix Sieges and Combat. The AI is so bad with archers standing in blocks doing nothing. Infantry breaking outer gate and then doing nothing, and of course the clusterfrak at the base of ladders and towers instead of climbing. There needs to be a way to preposition troops, and move together holding formation. Cavalry misses to often, they can' hit fleeing enemies. Spacing needs to be better, infantry fights are dogpiles with no room to use weapons.
    2. Smarter campaign AI. Fleeing parties run right by castles and towns instead of going in to safety, run into dead end traps, or turn around constantly instead of getting away. There in little strategic planning as armies march deep into enemy territory, raid a village as the are taking the town and lots of other useless actions.
    3. Control over clan members and Lords. I would like to be able to tell my clan parties to defend an area, to raid or not and such things. I can't even suggest a party follow me to help an ally.
  17. Hawkwind

Where to buy War Horses now???

It seems like I spend most of my time running around the map looking for cheaper war horses. There isn't very many places and often they don't have any chargers. Steppe war horses are easier to find but cost twice as much. The few other choices can cost three times a charger but don't make any difference when upgrading you troops.
  18. Hawkwind

Faction Refusing to Declare War

I like being a mercenary and just move from war to war, until I have enough cash. Then I take a few rebel towns and build a large army before starting my Kingdom.
  19. Hawkwind

Seperate death in battle and ageing/birth

I found that putting my companions in the horse archer unit keeps them alive a lot better. I like the death feature but it needs to be less often and in all battles not just the ones the player is in. There should be an option to separate the death in battle from old age for those that want it.
  20. Hawkwind

Bunch of questions

You can take rebel towns and as long as you don't make a kingdom no one will declare war on you. This gives you time to build and recruit.
    You can't form armies or work as a mercenary, so you are a bit limited.
Back
Top Bottom