Search results for query: *

1. Uhtred of Bebbanburg

SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

TIL that I can send a group of spies ahead of me as a skirmish unit to delay another party repeatedly so my larger and slower party can catch up. I had no idea until today.

Questions:

1. The spies tunic seems to change colors when I move toward or away from them. Does that signify something? It's only this unit that changes.

2. The spies say they can ambush. How do I do this?

3. Does every unit that carries a horn count towards the Hornmen skill bonus? Same with Standards. If my companions have standards and horns are they counting towards this bonus by having them both in their inventory?

4. I hear you can sacrifice prisoners to the drowned gods but the priest running around don't have that dialogue option. In fact, every priest I see says, "you are not of this religion so do not speak" or something like that (as one of the dialogue options). It says this even with a Begging Brother (and I'm affiliated with The Seven).  Do I have to be part of the Drowned God religion to sacrifice prisoners or are they all broken. If it does work then what does the Old Gods Worshipers do?

5. Also, does more leadership help me in battles?

6. Why do some peasants have 10 to powerstrike and throwing, but all the others have 2 or 3?

7. And what's up with the medium and heavy armor classifications?  The armor ratings, actual weight, and the penalty of medium to heavy armor doesn't make sense.

A leather jerking weigh 11 has 30 to body armor and 12 to leg and has no penalty.
    Bronn's armor weighs 10, has same armor 30/12, is called a "light armor" but has a medium armor penalty. Why?

There are leather coats that weight even less with a 10 to body armor only and are classed as medium armor. Why?

From the vale there is a Mail that weighs 13 and has 36 body 18 leg and it's Heavy Armor, but the Padded Gambeson weighs 12, has 38 body and 15 to foot armor and is Medium Armor. Why?

And doesn't the actual weight of the armor already give a penalty to movement? So adding a further penalty to athletics because it's classed as "heavy armor" is penalizing twice.
  2. Uhtred of Bebbanburg

SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

Does anyone know if Daenerys will take Dragonstone if I also own Dragonstone?

It always flips to her but I don't know if it will if I own it.

I think it will so I'm reluctant to take it even though it's in a great position
  3. Uhtred of Bebbanburg

Does anyone know if the Unsullied get a share of loot? I've never paid attention to it but I think they shouldn't.

The Lore on it is that Unsullied don't loot or rape (obviously). So, they shouldn't get a share of loot after battles either.
  4. Uhtred of Bebbanburg

Arnulf Floyd said:
    Maybe someone give me few beginner tips for this awesome mod

If you are experienced at Warband but new to this mod then here is a guide.

1. When you start you can buy and slaughter cattle for sale and usually double your money each time (for the first 5 cattle). Each town you approach buy some cattle and sell them in town. Instant easy cash.

2. If you take the North Questline from the start you will be hunted by Westerland troops. You can outrun them and they can be destroyed by other parties, but if they aren't destroyed they will follow you forever. Be aware of this.

3. I usually buy a lance (any old cracked lance will do) and some kind of shield and I got to tournaments. Usually all the tournaments South, and East of Kings Landing have 100% horseback tourneys. Bet 500 at the start and try to win the whole thing. It's doable so long as you keep your horse moving, take out their horses first, and don't mess up. Bring a bow to help knock out horses or knock out guys with no shields.

4. You can take a boat to Braavos and borrow from the Iron Bank. It think you can get 16,000 Stags (iirc) which you will have to pay back later with interest. Not sure what happens if you don't pay it back. That might be interesting to find out.

5. You can ask captured enemies to join you. Do this for the highest tier troops and you will save hundreds of thousands of stags over time.

6. You can gain reputation by releasing prisoners. Keep this in mind when you can't carry more prisoners but you are about to fight another battle. Let them go and at least you get reputation. Also, you can eat your prisoners. Sometimes up in the North the food gets scarce. Better  Ed than dead.

7. The Reach and The Vale carry plate armor in their shops. It's a Milanese Plant (according to Morgh's) and it's one of the best in the game, but it's rare so keep looking for it. It's only about 10k and totally worth it.

8. Go to Volantis and buy a Long Blade Spear. It's the best polearm in the game IMHO and I give it to all my companions. And while you are down there kills some Slaver parties and get a Dog Cudgel. It's the best 1 hand weapon in the game. I prefer it even over a Valyrian weapon because you can take more prisoners.

9. If you want a ship and have time to wait then bring 1 Fur, 1 Timber, and 1 Sack of Wool to any Shipwright and about 44,000 Stags and they will build you an Oak Cog. This is cheaper than buying one and it's probably faster since Oak Cogs are hard to find. Oak rots slower so your upkeep will be lower in the long run. It takes I think 33 days and you can have a ship building in several towns at once. Beware though that there was a bug where if you bought a ship in one town and sailed it to another town where your fleet was and joined that ship to them that it would change the material the ships were made of. Very frustrating, but since you have to talk to the Shipwright to actually launch your ship then you will have time to bring your other ships to the town so they don't get altered. (they may have fixed this bug but I've been careful not to find out the hard way).

10. Furs are big money. Buy them from the North and sell in Riverlands, Vale, or Westerlands. Also, you can buy them in the Reach and in many towns in Essos. But it seems that the center of Westeros is the best place to sell them. Also, you can buy Salt in all Riverlands towns and villages and sell anywhere North or South for profit. And you can get up to 700 Stags for a sack of Wool in Dorne or the Wildling towns. I have no idea why wool costs so much in Dorne, but whatever.

11. Considering depositing captured troops in a mine. Provide lots of cheap guards (peasant women, peasants, etc) to act as guards so your prisoners don't escape (as often). This is a good idea for several reasons. 1. You can easily store prisoners here until you can find a Night's Watch to buy them. They generate an income for you (but the guards cost you money). Each time you visit the mine to deposit troops you get a loss in reputation. You can easily overcome this by occasionally releasing prisoners. If you put the lowest value prisoners in the mine and keep the cheapest guards there then you should make good money each week. Also, consider that later on you may want to recruit some prisoners to your army and you will have hundreds to choose from and invite into your party. The main drawback are escapes which are more common when you don't have enough guards but inevitable no matter how many guards you have. For this reason you should sell the most profitable prisoners that you know you will never want in your army. ie. Robber Knights and Exile Knights. Their wages are ridiculously high, but they sell for over 500 each at a ransom broker.

12. I've noticed that Night's Watch don't pay the same for prisoners. Some will pay you half their value and I don't think any of them pay the full value. Pay attention to who pays the most (if you can). It's hard because you sell them all at once and can't see actual prices.

13. Wildlings are the easiest to beat. Help the Night's Watch fight them and you'll make lots of money and always have someone to buy them right away.

14. You can create a Troop Quarters and deposit your troops there to make your party smaller. You can make 2 of these (iirc). This is useful if you need to take a boat somewhere or want to sneak into town, or just want to destroy a bandit camp and don't want to share the loot.

15. The amount of prisoners you can carry is directly related to the number of soldiers in your party. While taking prisoners if you add freed soldiers to your party you can instantly raise your prisoner limit. Once you've maxed out your prisoners you can release those new soldiers before going to the loot screen. This means you don't have to share loot with those new guys, but you can take more prisoners than is allowed by the mod.

16. My favorite troop tree is from the Stormlands. I love their mace wielding infantry and horse. Their archers are weak though but good enough to defend a castle. Press Y during a castle defense to activate Fire Arrow ability. When arrows land near the enemy they set the ground on fire and burn any enemy in the fire. Be aware that the fire can burn your own troops. Crossbows do not shoot fire arrows.

17. If you want the bestest of the bestest troops then the Lyseni troops are probably them. They have the highest weapon proficiencies of any Faction troop tree and have excellent equipment. They do not carry blunt weapons so I tend not to use their infantry even though it is excellent.

18. Use mace troops for field battles and use bladed troops to defend towns and castles. You'll want the attackers dead when they attack a castle because sometimes they retreat and will heal over time if you use a lot of blunt weapons in defense. But with bladed weapons the enemy casualties will be permanent. It's not a big problem if you have enough troops to sally after a defense and can wipe out the remaining enemy, but if you can't sally because you are all busted up then they are going to get away and recover much faster.

19.The troop controls already have Skirmishers programmed into the mod. I like to put any skirmishers just behind my infantry line so that the infantry will blow arrows and charges of horse so the Skirmishers can lower their shield to throw their axes and javelins. I've found this a very effective way to protect skirmishers while utilizing their unique ability.  Also, I move the Spearmen over to the Infantry because when infantry is closely packed they are very good at stopping cavalry. You can use the Split Troop feature of you need two infantry bodies. Also, the spears can stand behind other soldiers and use their spear over the heads of the soldier in front of them. This makes infantry more deadly and it's how it was IRL.

20. More horses in your inventory improves your movement speed. Any old lame scabby donkey will do. If you are planning on trading then you better plan on having horses in your inventory.
  5. Uhtred of Bebbanburg

Apocal said:
    ArnulfFloyd said:
    Maybe someone give me few beginner tips for this awesome mod

4. Riverlands rangers are the best ranged unit (tier 6). You obviously get them from the Riverlands troop tree. They are matched by Night's Watch elite rangers, but the latter can be more difficult to acquire.

I disagree. The Night's Watch only have the hunting bow now which makes them weak archers and they are the most expensive. They are basically ranged melee units with light armor and no shield. Bad. Bad. Bad.

And Riverlands archers don't get the longbow until tier 6 and they take a long time to level.

I prefer the Tiger Cloak Archer. They get their War bow at tier 5, have decent armor and now that they actually carry a sword they are useful in melee as well.

Also consider Lyseni Archers. They have longbows and carry a good sword and shield. Their armor is very light but their weapons proficiency are the highest in the game (probably not higher than Faceless Men). And they are closer to Westeros than Volantis.

And if all you need is a basic cheap unit to stand on a wall then get the Reach Longbowmen. They start out with a longbow. They are cheap. They are easy to level. They are plentiful. Their arrows kill just as well as Riverlands or Volantis or Lys and as I said, "They are cheap".

Hell, even Stormland Bowmen are nice. They can fire Fire Arrows during castle defenses and their high rate of fight can do a lot of good damage. That makes them better than Westerland Arbalesters.
  6. Uhtred of Bebbanburg

Indo_95 said:
    AppleFlavor said:
    Anyone else experiencing decreases in their long range proficiency (archery, crossbow, etc)? I noticed this for me and my ranged companions. I gave myself 300 archery, when I check it went down to 148.

Yes I've reported this a few times for the next build.

I've noticed this happening too right when I aid the fight at Skull Bridge (iirc) for the Night's Watch.

Got the newest version and it didn't happen at the bridge so maybe it's fixed.
  7. Uhtred of Bebbanburg

nixterboy said:
    I can't recruit from anywhere , in all the villages i don't have the option to recruit people and in towns if i attempt to recruit "nobody wants to join you" please help me...i can't play this game without any soldiers...

i have my own village and i can't recruit even from there PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

I think you can't recruit until you gain some renown. In cities no one will join you if you aren't famous. Also, if you have 0 relations with a village and you are at war with the owning faction then they will not join your army. However, if you improve relations then they will. However, if you are at war the option to do a quest won't even appear until you are at peace again.

So, plan ahead. Also, spies can raise relations in any town or village to 21, but if you are at war then there's a good chance the spy will be caught and executed and then you take a hit to relations AND reputation.

See if any of this helps.
  8. Uhtred of Bebbanburg

sashar said:
    I lost a battle and I lost Wun-Wun. The guys says he is at Winterfell but he is not in the tavern? Is there any way to get Wun-Wun back or am I screwed?

You can try using a game save editor.https://www.moddb.com/games/mount-blade-warband/downloads/mount-blade-savegame-editor-converter

There are instructions online on how to use it. It will take some time to figure it out but once you do it gets real easy.

I think in this case you change a number to 0 on his location and he should be in your party.
  9. Uhtred of Bebbanburg

CCDK said:
    Character creation - Names according to HBO TV series or books - "will influence various outcomes" - Care to elaborate the specifics!? Have been looking in wiki, FAQ, the UK forum, this one - Some info, please!?

If you choose HBO then Daenerys Targaryen shows up at the end of the Varis Questline and immediately claims Dragonstone (without a fight) and declares war on whoever owns King's Landing.

If you choose Books then Raegar (iirc) shows up and takes Griffon's Roost (iirc) and declares war on whoever owns King's Landing and I think also whoever owns Griffon's Roost.

In my current playthough, Dorne owned King's Landing and Westerlands were laying siege and Dany did not declare on Dorne and made allies with them as usual.

There may be other differences but those are the ones I know about for sure.
  10. Uhtred of Bebbanburg

When you are joined to a faction and you want to join the Targaryans instead: how do you do that?

I can't leave the Westerlands without losing my castle. I was hoping to take it with me when I joined the Targaryans.
  11. Uhtred of Bebbanburg

Flauvious said:
    Hey, this mod is awesome, really cool world and a lot of detail. Come across a few problems though, just minor things. There are no maesters in essos, I know lore wise there wouldn't be, but there's no way to get healed if you get wounded in the east. I've had to alter my characters stats back to normal in the character files a ton heh.

By the way, is it possible to turn off the wounds system? I could have sworn this was an option in viking conquest, but there is no option in the camp menu.

Also, when you turn off bloodless it works for everything but the arena stuff. You and your horse still take blood loss damage in tournaments and in the melee.

Anyway, thanks for making this!

There are no Maesters in Essos because Maesters are trained in the Seven Kingdoms for service in the Seven Kingdoms. There wouldn't be any Maesters in Essos just as there are no slave traders in the Seven Kingdoms because there is no slavery in the Seven Kingdoms.

I love the wounding system and I love the blood loss.
  12. Uhtred of Bebbanburg

How come Pentos and Myr never have a slave broker? I have never see one at either place but those Exiled Knights make so much money!
  13. Uhtred of Bebbanburg

Anyone able to get the mines to work? I've got men and guards in there but I'm just losing money.

Also, I think the gold mine is an iron mine and the iron mine is a gold mine.
  14. Uhtred of Bebbanburg

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Bjuret said:
    Arashi500 said:
    Will PoP be carrying over to Bannerlord after it releases, and if so, how soon after launch do you plan to start working on it? Obviously doing so would prolly be weeks if not months of work, but I'm curious.

From what I can gather and imagine, I am expecting "Prophesy of Pendor 2:Snakes on a plain" to be the very first expansion you can buy for Bannerlord. I also expect it to be awesome!

Buy? What is this blasphemy?
  15. Uhtred of Bebbanburg

xdj1nn said:
    thermocline said:
    IMO the mercenary companies are not great unless you desperately need
    Some are good for backdoor protection (avoiding realms from attacking your while you are off campaingning, but only to avoid minor harrass or to some extent sieges), but as patrolling schedule sucks a bit it doesn't always work as intended. Mixing their troops with your own isn't something pleasing neither, for they'll compromise your tactical versatility for being always very specific/specialized (some are infantry, some cavalry, etc.)

They are in fact well constructed and have a decent chunk of lore attached, but still they are not necessary nor THAT good... You can, however, use mercenaries to weaken spammer minor factions, then all you have to do is build sheriffs all around, start patrols and destroy bandit camps, that usually resolves caravan issues..

You can use them but I prefer to make my own. Train up some mounted troops or capture them in battles and then dump them all into a militia patrol.

The patrol cost 1000 denars to make. The troops you put in can cost a lot more.

However, once the troops are in the patrol they are taken off your weekly budget and are free from then on.

I currently can have over 700 men in my party so that means I can make a militia patrol of over 700 men.

And I can make as many as I want. I have 6 of these patrolling near Laria so I never have to come running back if one of my villages is getting raided. Sooner or later they come back and find the raiding party and deal with it.
  16. Uhtred of Bebbanburg

omegaweapon said:
    thermocline said:
    I just tried fighting the Dread Legion with blunt CKOs, and it looks like most of the Snake units just die instead of being knocked unconscious? Is that normal?
    most of special spawns units can't be captured

That's not true.

But the Dread Legion are already dead so you can only capture whatsherface.

Same goes for Eyegrim iirc. But Heretic armies are mostly alive. Only the Demonic Magnus dies no matter what.

But Wolfbode, Jatu, Mettenheim, Vaccavia, snake cults and heretics and D'shars are all living.
  17. Uhtred of Bebbanburg

Harding Grim said:
    Uhtred of Bebbanburg said:
    There are some lords that are hard to build relations with. For instance, Duke Brennus of Sarleon is kind of a bastard and you start off with negative relations with him by default.

If you capture him you get -2 relations.
    If you release him you get +2 now and -15 later.
    And doing quests for him is tedious as heck.

I'm wondering if marrying his daughter will change his attitude towards me? Will he be easier to get along with?

And is it really worth it? I know he has some powerful troops and even without a fief he can bring a lot of troops to the field. Particularly the KOL which are pretty tough knights.

Any advice or thoughts?

Right now he's at -27 relation so this play through is a no go, but maybe next time.

Also is there a guide to recruiting lords somewhere in the forums?

In the short term it's not that difficult to rehabilitate poor relationships. All you have to do is win a tournament in one of the Sarleon cities. Then, visit the castle and speak to the Lady (the wife of the lord or duke who owns the city), and dedicate the tournament victory to her. This enables you to repair relations, 1000 denars per relationship point. 27k denars will bring it to zero.

Increasing it meaningfully? You have to basically plan it out in advance and do tons of quests for him, as after becoming a vassal you can no longer do quests for lords.

But you can help him in his battles. I've interceded on lords' behalf and gone from <5 relations to 19 or so in the course of one battle where they were badly outnumbered. When you notice that the faction of the lord you're interested in is at war, try to keep an eye on him and the opportunity will come.

Talk to him in the field after a big battle he's involved in, you don't have to help him only when he's fighting alone. 5 or 6 Sarleon lords could be fighting for their lives vs. a Heretic army, and all of them, Brennus included, will have higher relations in the aftermath. This can be engineered reliably by recommending the Marshal to 'ride to the defense of' a fief under siege by an enemy marshaled army, kicking off a huge battle that you can farm relationship from.

And finally, marriage doesn't raise relations with the in-laws sadly, even though it really should.

----
    I have a question: is the CKO tweak for equipment and training times save-compatible?

I never knew about the 1000 denars thing. I'll try that on the next play through.

Right now I've switching marshal every few days. It gives a +5 bonus to relations for the guy I select and 1 or 2 to all his friends. I had some lords who were in the negative but now I've brought them back. One guy, "One hand" was like -25 and he had just arrived in my town a few days prior to assigning some castles. I gave him a castle and fief as soon as he got there, but he's super hard to please. As long as he's marshal he can't rebel (AIUI). So, I'll keep switching back and forth until he's in the pos again.
  18. Uhtred of Bebbanburg

Kelefane said:
    Kelefane said:
    Kelefane said:
    So why would a fief be rewarded to a Lord that wasn't even present during the undertaking of a Castle? In fact, I raided Sarleons (the castle) solo all by myself and my army and won and yet the King of the Empire rewarded it someone else.

Is there a reason for this? Anyway to avoid it and assure i get the castle going forward?

The king tries to spread out the fiefs evenly among his lords and only favors a few lords over others. In your case, the king decided that some lord didn't have a fief or not enough and would rather give it to them.

You can get a castle or town by first taking several castles or towns and not asking for anything. I forget the exact number. Maybe 3 or 4. Then on the 4th or 5th castle you ask for it to be given to you.

I usually take castles or towns in far off areas that I don't want and ask for nothing and then take something close by and ask for it to be rewarded to me. This usually works although sometimes they try to give you the castle that you didn't ask for anyway. Don't hesitate to refuse it and ignore the warning that you won't get any more for awhile.

ALSO, you should do the quests given by your wife (to help the improve your place in the realm). You can get these quests from lords as well. Do a few of these and eventually they will make you marshal. Once marshal, you can take as many castles as you want and have an army at your back to do it.

Thanks! So you're saying that on the first few you capture by yourself, to not ask for them and you get a better chance at getting them? Or?

Just so.

So long as you ask for no reward on the first 3 (iirc) then on the 4th if you ask for it they should give it to you.

Of course, you can ask for any castle and when they refuse you can rebel and keep the castle as well as all other castles you currently own. At that point you can start your kingdom or join another and bring all your castles to that kingdom (and get a new crown and helm in the process btw). I'm not sure how many times you can do that but I do have several crowns and helms so far on this play through.

How do you rebel and keep the castle?

When you take a castle or town you will be asked if you want to request this castle/town. Say yes and then wait until the king assigns the castle. If he assigns the castle to you then you get a castle. If he assigns the castle to someone else then you will get an option to rebel and keep the castles.
  19. Uhtred of Bebbanburg

Bjuret said:
    That part is wrong, at least for me. Ask for the fief if you want it.

There are a number of factors deciding if you get it. You can go among the lords, asking them who they support and request they support you instead. Ultimately it's the king that decides who gets it, so be sure to ask him to change his mind! You'll need at least double-digit relations, most likely higher.
    This way you can get rewarded fiefs you've never even been to.

You can get disqualified even with the support of everyone. Check notes to find out your controversy, if the number isn't 0 you may risk not getting it. Usually only a problem in the 50s or so, and normally only gained as the marshal.

Also, in the end you'll be too powerful to get any fiefs granted at all. That's a clear sign that it's time to go your own way as a ruler.

Well, it's not wrong, but it's not the only way.

I agree that consulting with the other lords can get them to change their minds. You will need a decent persuasion ability and good relations with those lords. They seem to choose their friends rather than a "what's good for all" philosophy.

And I also agree that eventually when you have a lot of territory that the king won't give you any more.  When I joined Sarleon in a recent game I actually came with Laria, Whitestag, Valorshield, and Shieldstorm. I had to take half the map before he'd give me a new fief.
  20. Uhtred of Bebbanburg

There are some lords that are hard to build relations with. For instance, Duke Brennus of Sarleon is kind of a bastard and you start off with negative relations with him by default.

If you capture him you get -2 relations.
    If you release him you get +2 now and -15 later.
    And doing quests for him is tedious as heck.

I'm wondering if marrying his daughter will change his attitude towards me? Will he be easier to get along with?

And is it really worth it? I know he has some powerful troops and even without a fief he can bring a lot of troops to the field. Particularly the KOL which are pretty tough knights.

Any advice or thoughts?

Right now he's at -27 relation so this play through is a no go, but maybe next time.

Also is there a guide to recruiting lords somewhere in the forums?
Back
Top Bottom