Search results for query: *

• Users: mr48
  • Order by date
  1. mr48

[MODDING] Prophesy of Pendor Tweaks and Talk

Hey, guys, I was just thinking of starting a new PoP game, and was looking through the list of tweaks on the PoP wiki for ways to change up the game for this run. I really loved tweak 17i:

This tweak overhauls the prisoner rescue system to make it so that your ability to rescue prisoners into your party depends on their level, your level, and your relationship with their faction. It think its a great idea and wanted to ask if anyone could make an additional tweak to also apply this same system to the recruitment of your own prisoners?

Thanks!
  2. mr48

[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

So regarding this upcoming feature in 3.9.5 :

"-- "Purge the world" - attempt to reduce sizes of all field armies (not currently in battle) to the selected maximum value (1k, 2k, 3k, 4k, 5k, 7.5k, 10k) by removing (starting from the bottom) stacks of troops with level <35; low level soldiers will be disbanded first (level thresholds: <=10, <=19, <=25, <=34); there is one extra option to set max to 1k and completely ignore level cap during disbanding operation"

is this aimed at solving the issue of savegames becoming corrupted at some point late in the game because of too many parties on the map? Because I was under the impression that this was already resolved in a past version, or am I mistaken?
  3. mr48

[SUBMOD] [For PoP 3.9.5] Proper/Polished Landscapes Mod V.3.6+ NEW!

RLTYProds said:
    Hope I'm not too late to the party, but I've fixed the glowing winter trees :smile: It was using the wrong shader.

Please put this within Mount and Blade - Warband\Modules\Prophesy of Pendor V3.9.4\Resource

https://www.mediafire.com/file/s1380003mojdqlg/xtree_meshes.brf/file

Would you mind uploading the entire folder with all the files for making Polished Landscapes work on PoP 3.9.4?
  4. mr48

Dev Blog 02/08/18

Some life advice that I've been trying to put into practice lately is to look at the positive aspects in everything: so the way I now see this lack of a release date (and even if we dont get one at Gamescom or its very far away), is that I can put off buying a new gaming machine for longer, which means that I will get more for my money in the long run! Hell, maybe I will buy a new machine to pay both Bannerlord and Cyberpunk 2077 at some point in life!
  5. mr48

Help. Day 350, lvl 25. No castle

With a party size of 150, you should be able to take a typical ladder-castle by yourself without any problems if you get the right troop composition. Ravenstern Rangers tend to be the easiest to mass-train, and would help you clear the walls fairly effectively, while you Fierdsvain infantry lead the charge. 
  6. mr48

PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

k0nr@d said:
    Not all items types work like that (for some more in inventory = more on the battlefield). This part is handled by engine, but can be overwrited (e.g. 3.9 CKO equip all provided weapons).

Does anyone except TaleWorlds know the reason for this odd behavior in the engine?
  7. mr48

This might be a little off topic, but since the question is based on whats in the change notes I though I would ask here:

Why is it that the more duplicates of an item there are in a unit's inventory, the LESS likely it is that they would equip it? What is the logic behind the coding mechanism which leads to such counter-intuitive behavior in the game?
  8. mr48

MitchyMatt said:
    Invading armies are a concept that will never be added.

There is no faction in the world of Pendor and beyond that can contribute an invasion force of leveling the entire island.

How about the heretics managing to summon a demon even worse than Eyegrim?
  9. mr48

Whoops, quote =/= edit
  10. mr48

Ralyks said:
    Madman666 said:
    And something of an endgame thing Ralyks mentioned would be nice as well. I remember there was a discussion in suggestions thread about invasion type endgame event, sadly it wasn't approved...

Indeed, there was a thread called: "Idea of how to make the end game more challenging/fun" in where there were posted some interesting ideas, some were cool and lore-wise fine, but I understand they were not that easy scenarios to make from scratch. Link to the thread & my suggestions, but there were other good ones if you want to have a read: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,365229.msg8749010.html#msg8749010

However, then came the idea of an invasion, coming from the Snake Cult that disembark in Cez (suggested by Saxon), this could've maybe be a thing as this feature is seen in ACOK, mod which PoP have been sharing stuff with publicly), but dismissed again as it would need plenty of testing and time was running low, and it would be the first time this feature would be seen in PoP.

Well, lastly the idea of the mega-spawn showed up, being like a "mega-boss", which a big number of elite troops that will have to fight the strongest army of the player and his kingdom (or only the player, similar to the Quigfen's Jatu party, that only the player can interact with that army), which was way simpler to add and do, but again, dismissed. Its a shame, but no big deal, as you can end PoP sooner (as there's no big reason to repeat one siege after another for no rewards/challenges) to avoid throwing yourself through the closest window :smile:

I really feel like the mod needs something like this as a final super-difficult challenge, which would only happen once you've conquered all (or most) of Pendor, to motivate me to slog through conquering the other kingdoms. Right now I have the most fun in the phase where I build myself up to the point of being able to create my own kingdom, and afterward the game become a bit of grind as its just going from one war to the next with the other kingdoms. The worst part is that the more successful you are, the more boring and pointless it seems to hunt down the last few remaining lords of a faction when you've already clearly destroyed any chance they had of winning. Therefore, a final end-game event that would only trigger after you complete, or almost complete, your conquest of Pendor would be really great as a motivator to keep playing rather than simply starting over.
  11. mr48

Getting too old to play ?

Leonion said:
    mr48 said:
    You two need to take a chill pill.
    You quoted 1 person.

Haha, I guess I did, good to know there is only 1 person like that in this thread. The fewer the better.
    mokrygorky said:
    mr48 said:
    mokrygorky said:
    Being a  p u s s y  slave is nothing to be proud of and there's nothing funny on it, cuck.  :fruity:

mokrygorky said:
    Such ignorant people still exist? Maybe it's time to un-partner her  :roll:

Enjoy what you do and don't let others bring you down because of that. You have fun and that is what matters, not opinions of some buffoons who have so boring lives they have to criticize your own.

Do I smell a hint of bitterness perhaps? You two need to take a chill pill.

Do I smell a hint of white knighting? get out

I'm just pointing out that you sound like a bitter manchild, and you're doing yourself no favors with your response.
  12. mr48

mokrygorky said:
    Being a  p u s s y  slave is nothing to be proud of and there's nothing funny on it, cuck.  :fruity:

mokrygorky said:
    Such ignorant people still exist? Maybe it's time to un-partner her  :roll:

Enjoy what you do and don't let others bring you down because of that. You have fun and that is what matters, not opinions of some buffoons who have so boring lives they have to criticize your own.

Do I smell a hint of bitterness perhaps? You two need to take a chill pill.
  13. mr48

saxondragon said:
    Styxt said:
    saxondragon said:
    When I am not working on games, I play them.  I find being a spectator fairly boring.  Over the years I have seen my appetite for television and movies dwindle to the point where maybe I consume 4 hours a week of passive entertainment like this.

Interesting enough, there are more people who are over the age of 30 who play games, or used to play games, than under.

Mostly the same for me. Except I'm making simulation software ...

I find that this aspect is what I mostly do.. create economic/military/religious/covert/political simulations.  We have done some pretty amazing work in our other project folding procedural generation into some pretty advanced simulation work.   

What is this other project if you dont mind me asking?
  14. mr48

Leonion said:
    grimm4 said:
    Would it be possible to make the Noldor Rune Armor not look like complete crap? :grin:
    Noldor Rune Armor?
    This?
    3PMrkHy.jpg
    Or the one with runes, i.e. this:
    3PMrtAX.jpg
    ?

Hey, since you are here, I wanted to ask whether it would be possible to create a tweak which would create a prisoner recruitment/rescue system like I described earlier in the thread:

mr48 said:
    A new version of PoP is always a great cause for excitement!

Thinking about the fact that once again after installing the new version I will need to search for that tweak to disable the level 40 limitation for recruiting/rescuing prisoners (like many others I'm sure), I though of a possible change that might keep everyone happy:

What if the  possibility of recruiting/rescuing prisoners depended not only on their level, but on a combination of their level and the player's relations to the prisoner's faction?

For instance, lower level troops (below level 40) wouldn't have a super-strong allegiance to their faction and could be recruited at any level of relation above some point which is relatively normal for the game (e.g. -5). On the other hand, elite troops (above level 40) which currently refuse to be recruited through the prisoner system (because supposedly they are ultra-loyal to their faction and won't leave it according to the lore explanation) might agree to join you only if you are considered to be an ally of their faction with relations at some very high level (e.g. 30+). Finally if you are a hated enemy of a faction (relation below -5) then too bad, no troops of that factions will ever join you regardless of level.

This way, you have a way of rescuing exotic troops so long as you put in a lot of work to get friendly with the relevant factions, and it is more realistic with you having no access to troops of factions which you are at war with.

Any chance of something like this making it into the patch?

Or is only possible with the devcode?
  15. mr48

Dev Blog 16/11/17

LittleLordFondelroy said:
    mr48 said:
    I remember at some presentation (Gamescom maybe?) the devs mentioned that only swords are supported by the crafting system, is this only for the launch with other weapons to be added to the crafting option later, or will it only ever be swords?

Found this, maybe theyve added items after this was released(May ´16)
    3WpX0rg.png

Awesome, thanks!
  16. mr48

Dev Blog 16/11/17

I remember at some presentation (Gamescom maybe?) the devs mentioned that only swords are supported by the crafting system, is this only for the launch with other weapons to be added to the crafting option later, or will it only ever be swords?
  17. mr48

Dev Blog 09/11/17

gkx said:
    masterhound3 said:
    mr48 said:
    MedievalMayonnaise said:
    Are people seriously worried about graphics? On a Mount & Blade game?

Seriously.... Graphics have always been the least impressive aspect of M&B, and quite deliberately so, since having hundreds of characters on screen would make the game unplayable if they were on the same level of visual quality as "good looking" games. Hell, I would gladly buy Bannerlord with the exact same graphics as Warband (okay, maybe I would install PL on top of it), if it meant getting all the new gameplay features sooner.

Mount and Blade is not about crysis graphics but what they show now is too outdated and lacks many modern components that could polish it like ambient occlusion, antiallising, tesselation etc

Hi all, I'm one of the engine programmers.

We did have "SSDO" (Screen Space Directional Occlusion) before but we weren't happy with quality/performance ratio so we have implemented a better method but it is not merged in to development environment yet, so screenshot has no AO. Also game will provide you a lots of anti-aliasing options like FXAA, SMAA variants and TAA variants. If you have a beefy machine you can also increase render resolution to %200 for example. Engine also supports "Tessellation" and/or "Parallax Occlusion Mapping" for details.

Also all screenshots are work in progress, we are constantly working on improving graphical quality and performance.

Edit: Also I should mention that we are open to criticism, even though we don't answer all the things here, we are reading on your comments and taking notes.

Since you're here, I wanted to ask how much attention is being paid to the variety and procedural positioning of trees on the battle scenes? In Warband it looks completely unnatural with trees just randomly scattered and standing on their own, which is why Polished Landscapes is such a big improvement in that area since it creates patches of trees growing together, which looks a lot more natural, as well as adding much more vegetation variety in general. Its hard to tell from what been shown so far, but will this issue be addressed in Bannerlord?
  18. mr48

Dev Blog 09/11/17

MedievalMayonnaise said:
    Are people seriously worried about graphics? On a Mount & Blade game?

Seriously.... Graphics have always been the least impressive aspect of M&B, and quite deliberately so, since having hundreds of characters on screen would make the game unplayable if they were on the same level of visual quality as "good looking" games. Hell, I would gladly buy Bannerlord with the exact same graphics as Warband (okay, maybe I would install PL on top of it), if it meant getting all the new gameplay features sooner.
  19. mr48

Styxt said:
    mr48 said:
    MitchyMatt said:
    That's not a design choice we decided on. It is something that will never be added at this point.

Also we have new interesting ways of obtaining some foreign troops and some mercenaries.

Not really going to put in such an elaborate system that wouldn't work for factions like Heretics or Snake Cult where the relations will always remain in the negatives.

I respect your vision for the game, but to me personally it makes more sense to cut off access to troops from factions like the Snake Cult and Heretics which it is your task as the player to exterminate, rather than being unable to rescue high-tier prisoners from your own faction! Probably one of the most fun in-game activities is to stalk enemy war-parties and plan elaborate schemes of rescuing valuable prisoners.

I agree with you on the main idea but :
    _ being able to rescue high level prisoners from the start would make the game too easy. You probably should have a level superior to the unit you want to recruit.
    _ often "high level units" refers to knights. In this case they are minor nobles, not random levy, and can choose to serve you or not. In this mod, only the nobles that decided to rally your cause will serve you (and it makes perfectly sense IMO)

Your first point seems logical, and I totally agree that this limitation should be implemented. Regarding the knights being able to choose whether to serve you or not thats fine too, let there be a probability of them agreeing (with the chance of success being based on relationship with their faction for example). This probability can even be rather low, but them being completely forbidden to join your party even under the most favorable conditions seems overly restrictive.

Dusk Voyager said:
    Also, why shouldn't the player be able to recruit Heretic or even Snake Cult troops? I know the player isn't supposed to be evil, but you can already hire heretics, ex-Snake Cult members, Jatu/Singalians and other companions who are far from goody-two-shoes, and just because some of your troops happen to be bad guys doesn't make you one. The "level" argument could also work for "evil" regular troops in that as long as they aren't knee-deep into the dark arts, they can be redeemed or at least be convinced to fight for a good cause.

If you choose to do a "dark side" play-through and cultivate relationships with the Heretics or Snake-Cult then of course its perfectly fine to recruit their soldiers. I was only speaking about an example situation where a player goes for the official victory condition which includes destroying the Snake Cult and Heretics.
  20. mr48

MitchyMatt said:
    That's not a design choice we decided on. It is something that will never be added at this point.

Also we have new interesting ways of obtaining some foreign troops and some mercenaries.

Not really going to put in such an elaborate system that wouldn't work for factions like Heretics or Snake Cult where the relations will always remain in the negatives.

I respect your vision for the game, but to me personally it makes more sense to cut off access to troops from factions like the Snake Cult and Heretics which it is your task as the player to exterminate, rather than being unable to rescue high-tier prisoners from your own faction! Probably one of the most fun in-game activities is to stalk enemy war-parties and plan elaborate schemes of rescuing valuable prisoners.
Back
Top Bottom