Search results for query: *

• Users: HarryB
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. HarryB

The vast majority of my children are daughters

Something is not right here. The only mods I use are Make Calradia Great Again and a banner mod, and this was happening before they were installed. I mean, it literally feels like a miracle if I have a son. I kept waiting to see if the numbers would even out at some point, but the numbers are...
  2. HarryB

The new method of discovering weapon parts in smithing doesn't work well

I've been away from the game for awhile and decided to give the new beta (1.1.0) a try. The primary way to learn new weapon parts is to smelt down captured weapons. It used to be that when you smelted down a weapon you had a chance to learn a random weapon part. Now, the part you learn can only...
  3. HarryB

Wars are too short

I've been away from the game for awhile and I thought I'd come back and give the release version of the game a try. I'm still pretty early in the campaign and have started working as a mercenary for Vlandia. Something I have noticed is that wars end very quickly. They used to go on for quite...
  4. HarryB

Different dialogue for tournaments

I would like to see the computer opponents say things other than the standard "DIE!" or "Die You Bastard!" etc. in tournaments, since you aren't actually trying to kill each other. It especially doesn't make sense when you are fighting against your companions. The banter should be more good...
  5. HarryB

I don't understand why I can't lead an army of companion parties when I am independent.

I would like the ability to create parties with my companions and lead them when I am not attached to a kingdom. That way I can improve my leadership when I am either playing as a mercenary or not connected to any kingdoms in any way. Just curious what the reasoning is behind not allowing...
  6. HarryB

Not able to declare war on other kingdoms rebels 1.5.10

In my current game I am playing as a vassal of Vlandia. We are at war with Sturgia who came in and conquered Seonon. They immediately got a rebellion. Now, Seonon is controlled by Sturgian rebels, and we have no way to declare war on them. I cannot attack their parties, because they just say...
  7. HarryB

Not able to set party wage limit

I created a new party with one of my companions but I cannot uncheck the box for 'Unlimited Wage', nor can I move the wage slider. I am playing 1.5.10. Am I missing something, or is this feature not working in 1.5.10?
  8. HarryB

In Progress 'Under Siege' icon stays above castle after siege is over

Summary: I was a lord of Vlandia and owner of Talivel castle. The castle was under assault by Battania. I came with a relief army and moved in to help. Got a message asking me if I wanted to assist the garrison or something like that, I said yes and we fought a field battle. My side won and the...
  9. HarryB

You should be able to level up companions without having them in your party

To me it makes no sense that I can't level up my companions that are leading other parties or caravans. In my current game I have a companion leading a party that I have following me around in my army to buff my leadership and increase my party size. The only way I know of to level this...
  10. HarryB

SP - General Worst crossbow in shops requires 20 crossbow skill

So if I start a campaign with less than 20 crossbow skill is there any way for me to equip a crossbow and improve my skill? There needs to be a crossbow that can be equipped by someone with no skill so they can learn. "Sorry son, you don't have enough skill to pick up a crossbow, therefore you...
  11. HarryB

A few observations and questions after giving 3.5 a go

First off, I would like to concur with the other forum members in giving a big thumbs up to the new armors. Here's hoping that the people making them don't get tired of doing it anytime soon  :D I'd like to put in a vote for upgrading the 'coat of plates'. Not the dark blue one, the ones that...
  12. HarryB

Possible to change 'Everyone mount horses' command at beginning of battles?

I like to fight with my companions on foot, and I was wondering if it would be possible to change the command issued at the beginning of battles to 'Cavalry mount horses'. I like to give some of my companions two-handed weapons that can't be used on horseback as well as siege crossbows and...
  13. HarryB

A couple of observations after playing POP for Warband for awhile

The way the economy is set up, I find that villages, towns and castles are actually an economic drain, not a source of extra money. The only reason I keep any for myself is for knighthood chapters I wish to set up. The way the computer tends to mass large groups of lords when they go on their...
  14. HarryB

Interesting idea

I was looking at screenshots from the new mod 'With Fire and Sword' and it looks like they have an actual caravan on the battlefield when a caravan is attacked. There is a circle of wagons with the defenders inside and just a small gap to defend. Not sure how difficult it would be to add...
  15. HarryB

Interesting fact about mercenary companies hired by kings

Just out of curiosity I thought I would give this a try. I was a vassal of the Fierdsvain and Koningur Valdis had employed Burilgi the Usurper as a mercenary company. I approached Burilgi and attacked him. Nobody intervened and the only penalty I suffered was a 4% hit to my relations with the...
  16. HarryB

Sarleon and Ravenstern armored warhorses part 2

I made them available as merchandise and was able to get one; I love it. I also bumped their stats a bit, giving them 400 hit points and increasing their speed by 10 points. I don’t think this unbalances the game; they really aren’t more effective than a Noldor Spirit horse, they just look a...
  17. HarryB

Sarleon and Ravenstern armored warhorses

Do these ever pop up in shops? I haven't seen one yet, but I definitely want one. I think the typical horse in M&B is too small. These horses make you feel like you are riding a powerful warhorse. Whenever I fight an army with a leader who has one I try to take him out without killing the horse...
  18. HarryB

Not able to assign feifs in Warband version

I just created a new kingdom after taking a castle. Shortly after creating the kingdom I captured a Lord and he swore fealty to me. He already had a castle and when he joined my kingdom the castle and village switched to my kingdom color. The castle has his flag over it but the village has no...
  19. HarryB

Special Spawns Revisited

The more I play the mod, the more I am convinced that it could be seriously improved by removing the victory requirement that the minor factions must be destroyed and allowing the special spawns to appear freely. The battles against these armies are the funnest part of the mod, but I find myself...
  20. HarryB

Kings and mercenaries

King Ulric hired Syla Uzas and had him following him around. Syla's army got to be over 1,000 strong and so he was a little slow. I was able to attack Ulric without Syla joining the fight and took Ulric prisoner. He has been sitting in my dungeon for awhile now and Syla is just sitting there...
Back
Top Bottom