Search results for query: *

1. Tournaments with nobles rewarding horses most of the time

Most if not all tournaments with nobles reward horses that can not be used before midgame. Can tournaments stop rewarding horses all the time, and start rewarding bows too btw? Also the recent tournament frequency change has really reduced the number of tournaments for non-imperial factions...
  2. Prodigy children

That said, I could probably take over with a potato and everything would be fine, but it is a nice idea for the heir to improve on the first character.
    I would also like use them in battle earlier or do something more interesting that gest them more SKILL and they grow up.
    The biggest downside would really be loyalty bonuses and more importantly party size. More concretely tho it's an immersion breaker.

There was a quest that I haven't seen since a few recent releases, where a lord gave their kid to you to raise them. Maybe an inverse of that could be it. Give the kid as an apprentice to some lord with high relation, and that's a boost to XP.
  3. Prodigy children

I find putting them out on trade caravans for a few years after they come of age tends to give me more useful skills to use than their entire combined childhoods. Trade, steward, scouting and medicine all level up well in caravans.
    Oh, hadn't thought of that way, thanks. That's all I care in my characters as well, along with tactics & leadership.
  4. Prodigy children

Its really hard to level up children and create an heir. You could have something like 1 out of 10, 15 or 20 children ends up being a prodigy kid, with higher stats. Eg they could get say +50x3 instead of +5x3 SP at stages of development, and start out with 10-20SP in a bunch of skills.
  5. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.4

minor request but could ennobling a companion chop the 'the ...' off from the name? It really sticks out like a sore thumb.
  6. 'Sumpter horse inequippable'

A Dev posted in the beta thread and says
    thanks!
  7. 'Sumpter horse inequippable'

Just got a companion with low riding stats. She can only saddle a sumpter horse. But when I try to give her one, it says what it says in the title, and does not allow me to give her the horse. How tf else are we supposed to let them gain riding skill then? This is 1.6.4 btw.
  8. Armour is stupid expensive, why does a tough dress costs 1/6 the price of a city??

SO, I think unless a Dev can attest otherwise, it's a little too much credit to think they made them expensive for balance as I'm pretty sure it's just removal of a oversight in how they were valued.
    That's my guess as well. I spent a lot of time with smithing playthrus and I doubt much of the underlying mechanism changed.

I'd rather troops and kingdom management to be the expensive 'endgame' thing. Fielding that massive mob of Fian Champs should be what drains you, not trying to dress like one.
    ++++++

The price of equipment is bad game design. You seem to be trying really hard to defend it, and I don't really understand why.
    Gotta agree.

I thing difficulty itself is good enough to limit a magical OP player killing everyone gameplay. Logically a menavlion or a big ass hammer are cheap stuff that's also very deadly.

To me, what seems to me is that TW is compensating for simplistic AI of troops. Even at top difficulty and combat AI settings, AI troops do not have any form of self preservation. E.g., they do not really use their shields much, they do not have any dynamics of staying out of danger, or teamwork.

If AI had the ability to stay away from danger, and do just a wee bit more sopisticated attacks, romphalias or two handed swords would not be as effective. As it is, I can do a solo massacre even at Bannerlord difficulty, exploiting very predictable movements of AI troops which always tend to put them in disadvantage, and I tend to suck at precise combat in games in general, so no doubt to more precise players among you even Bannerlord feels like Freebooter...
  9. Armour is stupid expensive, why does a tough dress costs 1/6 the price of a city??

Armour in this game, both horse armour and normal armour, is way too pricy. Similarly weapons, like a menavlion or romphalia is a knife on a stick. This makes for a very boring game, you either get armour from cheats or play for years as a faction leader with armour inferior to 4th tier...
  10. Army AI is utterly broken, unplayably broken.

I can't for the life of me see why anyone would ever want to place themselves under the command of an AI general.

That's some weird gaming masochism right there.
    I fail to see how this is relevant to this thread. I am not even asking for a new feature, only reporting a regression. If it doesn't affect your gameplay, I am happy for you. But I like playing as a mercenary in battles and sieges, and don't see a reason for a solution to that would help me out to hurt your fun, so...
  11. Army AI is utterly broken, unplayably broken.

If you hover over an army, you can see what they're doing.
    I know, and I have been checking over a few saves (or more appropriately, noticing). The purpose you read there is often in line with how they are acting, and that is not what I am complaining about. It's more like the objectives are nonsensical.

E.g., latest instance: Sturgia and Vlandia at war. I'm a sturgian mercenary. Lord starts 1000 strong army, First job, head to Dunlangys. Stay there for a while. Head to Car Banseth. Stay there for a while. And back and forth. In the mean time, Nevanysk castle is besieged, and a new army is formed by another lord to go and help the siege. They are inevitably smaller than they could otherwise be, because we're enjoying a Battanian dream holiday here. The army is subsequently dispersed without ever setting foot into enemy territory.

This sort of stuff is annoying. I wish we had a way to vote on what the army does next and/or armies were started with an actual purpose like 'patrol here' or 'besiege Varcheg' or 'defend Varcheg'

I am only complaining because this is new. A couple months ago this was just the occasional nuisance, now if I see battle when in an army, it's the occasional lucky moment.

@Ferisko I can sent them one if they ask, I don't know if you can just send it without them asking first. But My game is vanilla and these are new 1.6.0 saves with no non-character cheats. They are also pretty fresh saves, the oldest has less than 100 days.
  12. Army AI is utterly broken, unplayably broken.

I don't know what did TW folks do to army logic, but currently armies are utterly stupid. They will walk up and down or wait in a city untill cohesion goes from 100 to 0, or flair in between towns or castles, never committing, and disband. This is not exactly new, would happen every once in a...
  13. Female Lords mod

Noone cares what you think.
    Notice how often you are repeating this, little 'noone'.
  14. Shield wall turning turning turning

I feel like it doesn't work sometimes. It' the direction I'm looking at, right?
  15. Shield wall turning turning turning

In shield wall and line formations, if a single cav unit gets behind a 100 strong infantry formation, the whole formation turns as a line as if it was a propeller. This defeats the entire purpose of a shield wall. Even F7 doesn't help. Is there a way to mitigate this or would it require TW folks...
  16. Can we please make Trading less of a nightmare to level up?

same with roguery, medicine, leadership. sad when e.g. steward is basically a steadily increasing counter if you invest any points in it.
  17. Insanely OP unit in SP.

I rarely play as Khuzait,
    tangentially i never play them either. it feels like cheating still. doing horse archer plays w/ aserai is nicer, it feels like an achievement.

i recall playing khuzait in my first ever playtrough. i didn't even know double click or 3 to accelerate time, and alt-` wasn't a thing yet, and still in a couple hours we were besieging lageta...
  18. Female Lords mod

I didn't actually ask how this makes you feel, and I don't care. It's silly, and I find it immersion-breaking.

I'm asking if there's a mod for the most recent version to change it.
    well that's why i didn't tell you how i feel about it, i replied to someone else.

as for feelings, i can express that way fairly briefly: pity.
Back
Top Bottom