Search results for query: *

1. Mr_Cedar

Why developers designed different cultures similar?

I find that a lot of the time a modder's solution to a problem is different from the solution a dev with access to the source code comes up with.
    Can't agree more, everyone has different views on things. For example, I think more about the characteristics of different cultures, and make adjustments in terms of race, historical prototype and playability. This is also a very subjective view.
    Therefore, I would like to complain that developers have not found the essence of the existing problems. For nine months, they have only perfected the skills of characters in the development of game mechanism. Of course, the speed of bug fixing is worthy of praise. But they put too much effort into trying to achieve a "balance" in the game, and the result is that all cultures become more similar. When players (at least I) follow one country to victory, it's hard for me to be interested in experiencing other cultures. This is because I find that they are so similar that I can't find anything new. I can't feel the power struggle between families, and I can't feel the Kingdom's decision-making under different regimes. Even the combat system emphasized by developers at present is not interesting because of the similarity of the military trees of different countries.
    If B-Lord can provide a more complex and diversified game world for players, it will be a great success, just like W-Band. W-band used to amaze players with its pluralistic open world, aristocratic parliament, economic development, multi-ethnic war and peace... Although it seems to us that this is crude now, it is precisely because of these "new things" mixed together that players feel that they are in a "breathing world". It seems that there are strong and weak faction settings, but can make players more involved in it. This is much better than "balancing for the sake of balance."
  2. Mr_Cedar

I'm sorry I haven't responded to this discussion for a long time.

In fact, I've been busy adjusting some of the questions I've asked in recent days.

For example, I removed imperial_ Legal and Imperial_ Menavliaton's one handed sword and give legionary wear legionary_mail.The Empire had two distinct tree of soldiers: infantry with small and medium-sized shields, with thin armor, and the menavliaton with heavy armor without shields.

All bows and crossbows have been adjusted to distinguish them by rate of fire, range and accuracy, so that shooters still pose a great threat to unarmed infantry and stopped cavalry, but reduce their damage to heavily armed soldiers. In fact, it's not a difficult job. You just need to consider all the soldiers' equipment and do combat tests every time you adjust their data, and I think I've adjusted it quite well - much better than the original.

I changed battania's soldier tree to have an archer with a long bow, making batania's cavalry light scouts with less impact damage but faster running. Skirmisher runs faster and is better at throwing and spearing, but has less armor and is not good at close combat.

Vlandia's soldiers are more equipped with chain armour, hoes and hammers, but because of their physical differences from other cultures, they run slower and have poorer combat skills. To make up for that, they had best crossbows and very good light cavalry and knights. Their weapons are even better than Empire, and horses are as good for war as khuzait. Vlandian pikeman is very weak in the game. I used to think it's because their armor is too bad and they have one handed sword to mislead AI, but it's not comprehensive. In fact, I just changed their weapons to make pikeman more useful. I equipped them with a 2.9-meter pike and removed their one handed sword. Their test performance surprised me. A team of scattered pikemans can even resist the charge of the same number of heavy knights. With the crossbowman and billman standing behind, they can effectively kill the stopped knights.

Aserai's tribesmen and Mamluk need to be more differentiated: tribesmen, for example, have better bows, better throwing skills, but only wear light armor. Mamluk soldiers have good armor and close combat skills, but as a result they run slower. All aserai soldiers are physically faster than the Empire and are better at spearing.

All of them, including sturgia's round shields. They fight with one handed axes and shield walls, and they have the best one handed weapon skills and better running skills. The top infantry are divided into shocks using heavy round shields and spears_ Troop, a javelin thrower, a veteran without a shield and a one handed axe (170 one handed), and ulfhednar with warrazor and worse armor. Archers are still sturgian's weak points, but they have hour_ Raider can throw a lot of javelins and a good druzhennik.

Khuzait has always been a culture that is difficult to adjust. A large number of mounted shooters make players tired when fighting against them. Moreover, not only are they riding archers, but their infantry and heavy cavalry are also very strong. It is unreasonable that these riding archers should use better and more powerful bows than archers. I changed their weapons so that they used short bows and archers used reverse bows. At the same time, khuzait's infantry had worse armor and weapons, lower combat skills, but strengthened their heavy cavalry, to make them more realistic, in fact, the Mongolian army, which scared the whole of Europe, had stronger engineering skills and heavy cavalry, and archery on horseback was only a tactic they used, not all of them. So I think khuzait should have better heavy cavalry than horseback archers who are more powerful than step archers.

I've adjusted the armor properties to enhance some heavy armor, which makes heavy armor soldiers perform better on the battlefield, especially cataphract. You'll find it harder to kill a heavy Knight wrapped in three or four layers of iron, especially if the knight has Cataphracts mace. After adjusting the properties of war horses, ordinary horses and camels, ordinary horses are easier to control, war horses have better impact damage and HP, camels run slower but easier to control, and war camels have higher impact damage...

I also adjusted some of the Lord's tactical skills, and I found that when the Lord's tactical skills were lower than 110, they were always too clumsy in command. When above 130, they use more effective tactics, such as deceptive attacks and multiple rallies. Improving the command level of the Lord will increase the difficulty and fun of the game, but it may also have an incalculable impact on the AI war between Lords. I don't know how to test it.

As mentioned above, I just adjust some settings as an ordinary player and easily optimize my game experience. After a period of testing, I am very satisfied with these adjustments, and I am confused by the original settings of developers. This is actually a problem that can be easily found. However, nine months later, developers are still struggling with their balance adjustment.
  3. Mr_Cedar

I changed some of the settings and I wanted to ask my best brother for help

You can unzip the file, put the moduledata folder into modules -- sandboxcore and replace the old moduledata folder. Please back up the original file in advance.
  4. Mr_Cedar

I changed some of the settings and I wanted to ask my best brother for help

I'd like to change some units and equipment attributes for version 1.55, but I'm not sure what effect it will have on the game. Maybe there will be some warm, intelligent, handsome brothers who can help me verify whether it is reasonable.? This is the...
  5. Mr_Cedar

When I played the game, I found that the arms of all cultures were so similar that I couldn't find the characteristics of different countries. Each country, for example, has similar infantry using swords and shields, infantry using two handed weapons, and Knights of unknown significance. The...
Back
Top Bottom