Search results for query: *

• Users: Shun
  • Order by date
  1. 11 years of development and still missing.....

I see this thread is still showing strong growth potential. Even though I personally won't lose any hair over this topic - it's not the type of content I'm missing myself - I still support this thread, for hopes of it making an even stronger comeback.
  2. Spear Bracing (1.6.2)

Couched lance and pikes had very similiar restrictions and limits historically due to the fact that these two spear types had similiar thickness, material and length used. But you are correct that hitting / mortaly wounding the horse is not going to prevent it from srashing into the first lines of pikemen if it was in full charge in moment of death. This is contested but many people believe that historically outcomes of cav charge vs pikemen vs roughly 50:50 which is still not desireble by the more expensive cav and their often noble riders, but still its not how its portraide in total war games where pikes tend to be lightsabers you cannot touche frontally.

About the length in game, what the devs meant is length of handle piece, it can be shortened on actual spear (like 50-70%).

As for the mod, we are working on update for 1.6.2 (mod is working), we are trying to implement some AI reaction to cav when they use the bracing (it works fine when you are player, but AI needs to stand still or walk for it to trigger) and we are balancing the damage according to physics.
    the problem with a cavalry charge in game currently is
    -Charge damage too low. typically a horseman will do about 10 damage to a looter when knocking them down. (in real life, just falling from a horse can result in paralysis or death)
    -0 trample and collision for downed units. (people that get knocked down, instead of getting ran over by a horse and die, they have 0 collision and cannot be hit by a horse till they stand back up)
    -0 collision for downed horses (in real life, there's momentum, just because a horse dies while charging, doesn't mean it stops, it's still a 500kg unit going towards your formation at 40km/h)

I'm not even talking about how a fully armored cataphract can take 85 damage from a peasant poop fork or how drunk these cavalrymen are when trying to hit people with their long sticks they miss 90% of the time. just charging physics, no need to make things crazy either. just slightly buff some of these numbers.

give a dead horse some charge distance before despawning it as a unit.
    give more charge damage initially but make it diminish quicker (the second person you hit in the charge will have slightly more reduced damage)
    give the chance for trampling. units downed will stay downed and take additional damage upon collision.

I agree with those points, and have suggested to improve cavalry charges via the use of physics for falling riders and horses before.
  3. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.1

My game crashes wheneveer I try to load into the gameworld (Sandbox and Custom Battle).

I... don't have a good enough imagination to imagine this being fixed. This can't be real, right? I'm downloading it now. If these are really - I mean REALLY - fixed, it will buy Taleworlds my goodwill for like 8 months. I'll start acting like I only paid $47.99 for early access.

But it can't really be fixed though, right?

So I cannot test it, another user said:

my 2 first sieges i almost cried seeing A.I using all laders, but after some more tests, it looks like depending on the map they will struggle to climb the ladders
  4. "Shields Block on Back" actually don't block on back

it's very easy to post a simple and effective balancing on back shield
    something like a modifiler making you 5% slower on all action while holding it in hand, x2 if it's on the back, x3 if both, multiplier based on shield size
    this way you don't hurt the orthodox play style, the varangian guard style could be done without significant advantage and turtle lover can be a turtle

but this is taleworlds we don't do this here, deductive changes are the only choice. If it doesn't suit the vision we remove it.

Man what would I give for knowing the vision for bannerlord in its whole, before any constraints. Just to get some..perspective.

@Op: shields on the back should block, full agreement on that.
  5. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Some quick feedback for 1.6.0:

- For what playtime I got, the game seems to to run better on the campaign map and in battles as well. The encyclopedia and party interface (post battle prisoner/recruitment )seem to be lagging the most for me atm.

- I like the crown helmets added. Overall I find the quality of the new items that were added in the last patches to be very good. Shoutout to the art team, keep up the good work!

I feel like there is a definite niche for prestige items to be had in BL, maybe even with different ways to get and different uses; this post has some ideas for anyone interested.
  6. Elephant DLC theories - disscussion

There are still many items that could use a visual update, and there is much room for improvement especially concerning high tier item variability (all armor slots, all factions, Aserai and Khuzait special mentions).
  7. 11 years of development and still missing.....

5S0Adg9.jpg

Most consistent feedback thread in the whole BL forum. I have nothing to add on top of that.
  8. 1.6.0b releasing at 20:00 UTC+3 (Confirmed)

Confirmation does need its source. Tests can be millions, they dont count as confirmation. And, if this is a lie, i want punishment for the lier. We have feelings.

Yet here we are, returning again and again.
  9. You don't have the warband's artist, wth?

I think Ganbat Badhamkand (sp?) did an incredible epic job with WB's concept art. I like it as much as Metzen's and Samwise's work for Diablo and Warcraft.

To be fair, I really like BL's concept art too. It may be a little less unique, bu t its very well made and athmospheric. Might be the part of the game I am able enjoy the most, without second thoughts on quality or critique or what have you.
  10. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

There is also "barking" now. You need to select between two with your mouse.

cheers.png

No worries.
    Plus after pressing O and clicking LMB, the character attacks like normal. So the LMB prompt does not disable the atatack input, which I find kinda strange. I liked to old way, but I would also be open to a combination of "O" plus the number keys to choose an option (similar to how Planetside 2 works, or the old Tribes "V" menu). It's just kinda all over the place the way it is now.
  11. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

In case anyone is still looking for the new armor pieces, here they are:

Ba-l-ks-z-1.png

Thanks, much appreciated! Now if I could only remember where I have seen that Knight Helmet before :smile:
  12. An open letter from the Kingdoms of Arda team, and the total-conversion mod community

How are developments in the mod-support realms? Did anything come of this letter? I loved WB's mods, would love to see BL's scene flourish to its fullest potential.
  13. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

No more stealing equipment from wife then.
    Bachelors can now look dapper too!
  14. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

When joining a kingdom as a vassal for the first time, the player will now be given special equipment and elite troops.

Also: yay, no more looking like you belong to the enemy because of item drops. Suggested this month ago, glad it was added.
  15. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Any brave soul willing to post images of the new gear? I would appreciate it very much.
  16. Do developers change the game based on our feedback? Should we have the power to vote on changes?

Should TW consider player feedback, interact with the playerbase, maybe discuss critcal points? Definitely.
    Should players have a vote on design? Definitely not.
  17. Which Cosmetic Changes Would be Important for You?

Speaking cosmetic only, I would like to get:

- a seperate cape equipment slot
    - moar capes
    - reskins/recolors of exisiting armor/clothing items to increase intrafaction visual variety
    - make faction colors more toned down and vary them intra faction (similar to what tis mod does:
    https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/792 )
    - moar capes (with hoods)
  18. ***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

Will take time to reply to you and others in more detail, but just to pick this one out for a quick answer - not to my knowledge. We are also discussing armor and how to improve it.

If you (TW) are open for suggestions, I really liked the "Realistic Combat Model" from Ron Losey. It was originally developed for the Onin no Ran mod for the Original M&B. Oh how time has passed!

Nevertheless, I really liked how it handled damage types and armor. There is an adapted version for Warband on the Nexus:

Unfortunately, I am in no position to go into detail on the changes it made, I can only go by "feel". I really liked it.
  19. Does the game actually improve?

cglGhVe.png

So what name did you use before?

EDIT:

L5MV1cU.png

I think we have found our man...

You are on a two week 'break'.... I guess we will see what the mods say.

That's some uncalled for **** there, Axios. To think of that you were talking about pettiness in your post before that.
Back
Top Bottom