Search results for query: *

• Users: Jaang
  • Order by date
  1. Jaang

4 level gain 1 Attribute point is NOT enough

Can someone please explain to me how i can change how much atribute and focus points i gain per level.

Mods. Look on nexusmods.com
  2. Jaang

Am I the only one who doesn't like the huge battles?

I think it looks cool when two armies fight in an epic 1000 vs 1000 battle, but I command such a small part of the army, that bothering to do any strategies is almost always pretty insignificant, so I just delegate command to AI and watch.

Maybe its just me, but I much prefer the smaller, let's say 150 vs 150 battles, where I'm in charge of all the soldiers and I can actually do stuff. I'm rarely excited for the very big fights. Am I the only one?

Try showing up to the party late.

Get a solid group of tropps and only jump into the big battles AFTER they've started, as a single party jumping in to help.

That aay, you'll be in full command of your own troops.

In large chaotic battles, where it devolves into pockets of random troops fighting on one side's spawn site... until you come down off your hill 7 minutes into the battle with an organized force of 100+ troops to change the entire course of battle.

:smile:
  3. Jaang

I'm so angry with this.

On horseback, with an expensive bow, expensive arrows, decent armor, 100+ bow skill, 100+ riding skill, firing at looters from 70 freaking meters (210 feet away), and an arrow hits and does 20 danage.... then the looter throws a rock the size of a freaking fist and hits me.

Hits me. With a fist-sized rock. At 70 meters distance. More damage than my arrow did.

Then he turns and runs... with his pockets full of fist-sized rocks... faster than I can run naked while carrying nothing.

Why are the Calradian olympic shotputting and track and field gold medalists out looting?

So, yeah, buff armor, nerf rocks, and undo the athletics nerf.
  4. Jaang

So what's the plan, exactly?

Skyrim was a perfect game too, although with 256 mods, was just reaching what it should have regularly been : devs -> do your job, do not count on modders….

Skyrim, even without a single mod, is like the holy grail of sandbox rpgs.

There are, literally, twice as many quests and dungeons in each of Skyrim's nine holds than there are in many complete AAA titles.

The beginning sequence alone, from waking up in the cart, to escaping from Helgen, was better (cinematically) than 90% of the movies getting churned out lately.

Mods didn't make Skyrim good. It was good to start with.
  5. Jaang

So what's the plan, exactly?

I dunno dude they have a pretty well written claim:

"1. A method comprising:
    controlling, by a processor, game events in a computer-implemented game, the game events involving an avatar that is operated in response to input from a player, and a first non-player character that is controlled by the processor to respond to and automatically oppose avatars based on first character parameters defined in a computer memory;

detecting, by the processor, occurrence of a predefined one of the game events involving an interaction between the avatar and the first non-player character;

changing, by the processor, second character parameters defined in at least one of the computer memory or a second computer memory for control of a second non-player character in the game based on the detecting, wherein the second non-player character is controlled by the processor to respond to and automatically oppose avatars based on the second character parameters defined in the at least one of the computer memory or the second computer memory; and

outputting, to an output device, an indication of the second character parameters that are changed by the changing."

So much so that many industry people are really kind of nervous about how many scenarios it can be applied to. How it is coded really has nothing to do with infringing, as long as it has the same effect.

Patents are invalidated by prior art. That is to say, if someone already dud it before the patent holder thought of it.

The Dragonborn expansion for Skyrim, featuring Solathiem island, had the Dragonborn opposed by the Dragon Priest Marduk, sending out Dragon cultists to kill the main character.

Also, in the base game of Skyrim, the Dragon/God Alduin resurrects dragons and sends them to attack the main character at frequent random intervals throughout the main campaign.

Prior art. Patent is invalid because it should never have been granted.
  6. Jaang

(Sry for the lot post recently) Question on marriage and pregnancy since changed form my last time

I seem to remember that **if** the wife is 18 y.o. and has zero children, that her change of getting pregnant (on the daily tic if staying with her spouse in a city or castle) is 18% per day. As the age increases, and number of children (that SHE has) increases, the % chance drops.
  7. Jaang

Obvious alternative to fix auto resolve

Auto Resolve should be a valid option. Weak opponents should NOT fight but withdraw / retreat. This is reality.

Auto-resolve is for those who are too weak of character to fight thier own battles.

The punishment for this weakness of character is the loss of units that might otherwise have lived, but for your moment of weakness.
  8. Jaang

Obvious alternative to fix auto resolve

Obvious(er) solution: Don't auto resolve.

I mean, seriously. Now that the looters break and run after a few kills, looter fights take, literally, 30 seconds longer than auto resolve, at most... unless you're chasing down fleeing looters to boost your personal weapon and riding skills.
  9. Jaang

Lets Discus the New Ironman feature. Can of worms incoming!

Although in general I like to keep multiple saves I have been playing on iron to test it out. I will say, in general I like the idea of just 1 save and not having to ruminate over "could I have done that better" "What if I...." which I am prone to do, although I highly recommend if anyone is learning the game to do so and if you have a hard battle, play it many times and you'll learn a lot. Now before I start complaining, I admit I don't have to use ironman mode, I know, I get no new content from doing so, no banana stickers, no achievements, yes from, a certain point of view all criticism and concerns are rainbow bright'd away by "nobody is making you play on ironman??". I'll complain anyways. :devilish:

Playing on Ironman brings to the surface many festering grievances I have with the game.

1 The AI is prone to massive **** ups and dum behavior. TW somehow has actually mad it worse in some cases over the last year (see HA thread(s) ). Now, normally in about 1/10 battles if my units just say "don't feel like shooting today" and get all shot up with thier pants down, I just re-load the game and probably in won't happen again for another 10 battles or more. But on ironman I gotta just eat a big old :poop: sandwich every time the AI derps out! Good thing we can use gear to power level up troops now, we're gonna need it if we're stuck with the derpy choices the AI makes. I'd rather the troops just do their basic roles consistently and for HA with ammo to NEVER charge into melee!

2 The horrendously obnoxious marriage dialogue "pseudo check"... it's not a true check as it can be brute forced and re-seeded and such... I hate it. BUT on ironman you can't (easily) brute force it or re-seed it, you get one shot "Oh boy which 80% choice is the right one? Sometimes it's none of them Oh boy!"
    I did get married to the 3rd person I tried. But I have nothing but disdain for this dialogue system and I think it and it's brother and sisters in vassal recruitment and quest options have no place in the game. I don't want to see a % chance in this game. I want to do things and for things to happen. If you want to lock an option behind a skill level or other condition, go ahead, that's fine, that's what games usually would do for this.

3 Ironman saves take a loooooooong time. I posted comparison videos in the 1.6 patch thread, but it's about 4x as long or more then a normal save. Now, you can turn auto save down to every hour, that helps, but is it really even an ironman mode if you aren't saved after every action and you can just exit the game anyways? Sure I wouldn't play it if I had to have a long long save every 5 feet, but still. Then there's also this long pause after some battles and think it's also saving then too. I'm not sure if it's just big battles or lord battles or what but it's very noticeable sometimes. It could be something else as I haven't actually tried to investigate if it made a new save at this time.

4 Ironman..... more like just Inconvenientman. You can just close the game start it back up if you really want a do over. So it's not really different, aside from inconvenience, then just playing on normal saves and "not" re-loading when you whoopsie poopsie.

5 Ironman's arch enemy, Doctor Savius Corruptus! It hasn't happened to me yet, but I'm very weary of getting too attached to my ironman games during beta! I read someone on reddit lost thier ironman save. I'd guess you can manually copy a back up save, like in warband, but then is it really ironman if you're making back up saves everyday?

Anyways what do you think?

I'm enjoying my current ironman playthrough.

As for the dialog choices... I guess I got lucky. Married Abagai, had three kids, then she died. Tried to marry Yessum, but the RNG said no, so married Sechen, and a kid is on the way.

Also... noticed one of my wool workshops had dropped to 5 denar income in Ortongard... went to investgate. They had a loyalty problem/food problem, looked about to revolt...

...so I hung out in the area for a sesson until they revolted, dropped my mercenary contract with Khuzaits, quickly attacked the first rebel party I saw, and laid siege to the city just before the Khuzait army could get there.

Now I have a Khuzait-culture city as my capital and three villages.

Not even 10 years into the ironman campaign. So far so good.
  10. Jaang

Steppe bandits cripple Khuzait villages

Please no. They already bully entire Calradia by being faster than them, they should also suffer when someone else is faster.

They aren't faster anymore. 1.6.0 ended the Khuzait speed bonus.
  11. Jaang

Culture bonuses - your experiences so far?

The Khuzait speed bonus, combined with various speed perks and topped off with the final perk in the Scouting skill, makes you basically uncatchable.

And if your party is all mounted and under 75 or so troops, you can catch everything, including Steppe Bandits.
  12. Jaang

Thoughts on the Late Game? Any Benefit of being a King?

The problem has always been M&B is fundamentally a RPG, not a strategy/kingdom management kind of game. Meaning: in early game you manage a single party, with all the tools needed to do so with that one party. But when you manage a kingdom, you suddenly need a plethora of new tools to manage towns/economic policies/war parties/etc. Or in other words, the things you are doing until late game is too vastly different from that which you did before.

That's why 4X games have different tools from RTS games, and from RPG games. Sure there are additional mechanics added as the game progresses, but the core experience is not changed. Is a hybrid that works well possible? Total War games are hybrids of 4X grand strategy and RTT games, so, possibly, but TW is doing a terrible job of it.

It is also for this reason that the heir system is inherently unfit for this franchaise as it is.

Paradox games like CK2 and CK3 show that you can bridge the RPG/RTS/4X divide.

There's no reason why Taleworlds couldn't add RPG-appropriate kingdom-management tools to put at the player's disposal.

Like, one could literally just add more dialog options in interactions with your governors/vassals/part leaders/clan members, to order them to do or not do things, instead of using sliders/check boxes/menus if you wanted to stay RPG-heavy.

But come on... If I'm the friggin KING, why is it that I can't order my vassals to NOT raid our own freaking villages that we lost 1 day ago because a castle was tajen, and we'll get back in a week when we retake it?

If you can't even give rock bottom basic common sense commands to your vassals, then you're not a king.
  13. Jaang

Thoughts on the Late Game? Any Benefit of being a King?

Well one benefit i on becoming king is that whenever you join a battle, you take full command. Meaning you don't have to worry about your allies going in full circle mode and getting their stuff killed.

Good point.
  14. Jaang

Square and circle formations are just stupid! Get rid of it!

To be honest, I'm not particularly sure how formations are supposed to work in this game. There are a few formations that are obvious. The line formation for mobility, shield wall for defense and good against archers, loose formation for your archers. But the circle formation is supposedly good for horse archers as they like to go around and flank you.

But a lot of the others, I only know what they do in theory. And the truth is, they don't give enough tactical advantage. It would be cool if you could put your calvery in a skein formation, charge them, with support of your infantry, and if you managed to time the attack just right, you can charge with your infantry for an advantage against troops. But the formations don't make that much of a difference.

IF you create a circle of shield-walling infantry, AND then put a smaller circle of archers inside the first circle, you can really mess up horse archers.

I saw the AI do this correctly. Once.

I was commanding the foot archers as thier captain though.
  15. Jaang

Enemy routs too fast 1.5.10.

Have noticed this as well.

Repeatedly routing and (re)defeating weak enemies to farm renown does get a game started quickly but is probably too cheesy.

Even better, if you're a merc, it looks like you get paid for each encounter now.
  16. Jaang

Alliance through marriage/marrying siblings off

ooooo so no benefits outside of some relationship gains ? i was hoping they would at least not declare war on me.......

so what if i married him to somebody less important like calatild would he still join her or would she join us

As long as his wife isn't leader of her original clan, she'll join your clan when she marries your brother.
  17. Jaang

What did you do with Twohanded+Athletics?

I'm playing through a new game for 1.5.10... and at 100 athletics and stripped down to a tunic, boots, a one-handed sword, and nothing else, I can just baaaarely chase down a looter or two before they escape off the edge of the map.

So, definitely not overpowered. Maybe a little underpowered.
  18. Jaang

Alliance through marriage/marrying siblings off

has this feature been completely implemented yet ? if so how does it work and what does it do

im playing on the latest version it gave me the option to marry my brother off to rhagea so i tried it and he just disappeared so i reloaded an older save, what would be the benefits of doing that would they help me in battle or not declare war on me or anything

From my observations, the way it's supposed to work is that all marriages are patrilineal (the female joins the male's clan) EXCEPT for when the female is a clan leader.

So, if your main character is female, her husband will join your clan, but if you marry off your sister, she'll leave your clan to join her husband's clan.

In certain cases, marraiges are prevented if these two cases conflict... like if you try to marry your main character to another clan leader.

For your brother, it would be a huge mistake (in my opinion) to marry him to Rhagea. You'd lose your brother to Rhagea's clan and only get +50 or so relation with that clan. Very bad tradeoff.
  19. Jaang

I'm very happy with all of the quality of life changes in 1.5.10

1. The detailed breakdown in the character skills that show all of the active effects for the selected skill is great. Very helpful. 2. The ability to limit wages per specific party and to set thier aggressiveness level is very helpful. 3. I'm nuetral-ish on the reductions to Athletics skill...
Back
Top Bottom