Search results for query: *

1. Hello, here is my story so far

What an interesting turn of events. I've done relationships errors as well, so I know how surprised/disappointing you felt.
  2. Perisno formations not working

... where did I heard that before? Oh, right. The classic Alt + F4 joke.

Note: it's the command to shut down a game. I would not recommend trying.
  3. Perisno Q&A + FAQ

I joined Maccavia and then the Zann turned up.... I have 1 castle and the faction has 6 including mine with 8 villages/towns. There are 25 lords including me. It is day 535.
    When I was Marshall I couldn't raise an army bigger than about 300 and then I couldn't find any of the Zann Hordes.
    I can't really see a way of advancing much further.

Any advice apart from hang on in?
    Majority of the zann are weak against archer. If you have an elite army of archers, you can hold your ground against them, or cheese your way out.

The horde can be annoying to search. Pay attention to the log. They might be sieging or are dead&respawning. When you are searching for them, you need to be ready to move as soon as you see their messages. If you know their routine, you can go search for them there, usually Zann territory, Tolarian river, or sieging with the Zann leader.
  4. Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Hi guys. Tell me a tweak on recruiting any prisoners of my squad, please.:rolleyes:
    You have to raise your relation with the faction of the prisoner to have better odds. The high tiers will require higher relationship, I think it's like +10 or so.

OR

You just need +1 relationship with all your prisoners. Drop them in your (weak) castle. Give your castle to your enemy. Reclaim the castle, and the enemy prisoners becomes rescued instead of prisoners.
  5. Is there a legit way to get Galwe grenade/Galwe fire grenade?

You can get them as loots. It's quite rare to obtain them, but I always get them on all my runs... too much fun to pass.
  6. Wife won't keep Helmet Equipped

I did refresh her inventory screen many times, but both helmet and arrows were gone. What's funny is that even if you put another replacement helmet on her, the party window shows her with the old helmet.
    Whoops. Sorry, you really did mentioned it prior. Might be a bug. I haven't tried the newest version yet.

Normally, arrows will only show up if she equips a bow, but helmets shouldn't have any interference.

Edit: just to clarify for anyone asking, npc inventory is invisible. The only way to interact with their inventory is for the npc to put the items on their equipment screen.
  7. Wife won't keep Helmet Equipped

To get items back, you have to clear her inventory. She will always equip the strongest stuffs first. Keep removing her gears and she will equip the next headpiece she has, then remove that piece again.
  8. Wife won't keep Helmet Equipped

The armor removal might have to do with npc-town appearance. It should not be much an issue as they actually keep the items in their inventory and will re-equip them in battle. I've seen this several/all the times, but not 100% certain, so I still always opt giving her clothings&helmets that she will keep on all the time. >.>

Just click on her equipment screen, then back out. Her appearance should refresh to how she intends to do battle.

Weapons have to do with compatibility. Unlike armor, weapons will not be auto-equipped in battle if her weapons given are not shown/compatible(not too sure, either this or it randomly picks).. Same thing with all items, she keeps them in her inventory. Just clear/cycle her equipments to retrieve them. Main weapons are straightforward if they will use them or not, but ammo are confusing, as they might just use one set of quivers/bolts instead of multiple.
  9. What weapons are you using?

My fav is the kaikoth warhammer. Crush through block, blunt, short, fast. If I want longer weapon reach I use a 2h sword like skyfall or elm-sword or something.

General blunt/pierce weapon are pretty decent here, since there are lots of high armor in Perisno, and many elite units wear them all around. So ideally you would want your army to use those because they don't require a lot of proficiency to stun/damage through the enemies. If your proficiency/damage level is high enough as a player, you can ignore them and go cutting with swords.

Piercing 1h are actually better here because the 1h blunt are all weak tiers. The blunt weapons here that are viable are all 2h needed. The penalty for 1/2h weapons is 15% on damage and its speed (from what people says, unless Perisno changed the modifiers). Unless you're riding on a horse, or taking out super weak units, or just for capturing prisoners, there's no good option for using 1/2h blunt on one hand, because as said, there's no good blunt weapons for 1h wielding.

The consensus is that blunt > pierce > cutting is only base on the issue of penetrating armor, and not on weapon designs. For Perisno, I would say the scale tilts more in piercing weapons because there are a lot of strong piercing weapons. Cutting weapons, of course, still has higher
    weapon damage numbers.
  10. Perisno Mod Bug Reports

@CapKnees
    Did you complete the last step of the quest? It involves you talking to the leader and he tells you to go talk to the merchant at Krain.
  11. Perisno Q&A + FAQ

When I was attempting the first steps of the rapier quest and entered a training ground I couldn't proceed with the quest. When I try to exit the training ground it says something along the lines of "exit tutorial?". Once you click ok you go back to the main menu of the game. Is this normal?
    Yeah. It's a common bug. The devs tried to patch it in the past, but it came back. Only the training ground by Galwe causes this crash/logout. The other training fields will work normally.

Note: The rapier quest needs the "dueling" training field, whereas the one near Galwe, that causes the crash, is the "weapon" training field. So perhaps the issue of the crash is due to devs forgetting to switch the scene, or code the exit.
  12. Fun Things To Exploi-- Do

During the eloping dialogue, as soon as you both agree, your wife turns into a married lady and gives you the dialogue any mother/married lady gives, like the "help improve relations with lords". You can use this moment to pop positive relationship with every members of the faction your wife belongs to.
  13. Discussion + Suggestions

I don't quite agree about the crush through block modifier, I feel like that should be exclusive to a throwing weapon for the giants. I think a bonus against shields would be better fitting for the rest however.
    Interesting. I thought it would bold well with some fantasy role-play, but it could be me asking too much.

In my playthroughs, I never touch throwing because the late game kills were too weak. Even with bonus shield damage, shields can still bounce them. This is for player experience only, nothing armies should obtain, like how Invgar's units can't wield aroulo bombs. Giants having scary throwing sounds awesome. *(Edit: oh wait... I forgot player households...oh well, tolrania bomb still op)

Again, strong-tier, so nothing easy to earn. Currently powerdraw has lv 10-14 values because of (normal-master) bows available. The highest require for throwing is 7, limited at aroulo bombs. I believe there's space for improvements ?
    *(Edit: tolrania bombs at lv8... IIRC . We're still talking about low kill feeds, little ammo, but if those throws are awesome, worth!)
  14. Discussion + Suggestions

If ammo isn't a possibility, I would love to see strong-tier throwing weapon having the "crush through block".
  15. Perisno Q&A + FAQ

I did not see them use their polearm at all.

Oldtimer
    You might be right. I only use spear/lance category, so I have no idea about polearm category. They're definitely different weapons ^.^
  16. Discussion + Suggestions

Additionally, some explanation for why she has a bear and not a dragon might be in order as it is odd for the dragon priestess to join you and she rides a bear.
    Dragon models used to be in the game, like in v0.8, but are now replaced with wyverns.

She does have her own dragon/wyvern. In fact, she gives it to you directly after her quests, while riding a different mount in disguise, because she wants to abandon her duties and sneak out adventuring with the player.
  17. Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Probably has to do with the AI scripting. They do use their polearm against cavalry, but will prioritize to 1h against foot opponents.

If the AI coding set the polearm usage similar to throwing AI, that would probably fit the ideal usage, and probably what you have in mind. Been testing how to do it as well, but alas, I don't give my pike users any other melee because of how it just runs.
  18. Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Zann and Venetorian are technically major faction, as they eventually own lands. Pre prefix is just my way of saying you can get them early before they show up.

Pre-Zann and such does sound confusing, doesn't it :grin:
  19. Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Minor faction recruitment.

Hi all,

how can I do that? Any pre-requisites for that with those factions? And which factions are, in this case, minor? Those without settlements?
    I`m on good terms(+15) with Illicans and would like to hire them.

Rgds, Oldtimer
    Yeah. Minor are landless, like ankar, gazir, wolf/eagle knights. So far, the only recruitings I'm aware of are: pre-Zann (early zann), freelancer, Illicans, pre-Venetor (early Venetor), and through religion/priest recruiting.

Illicans can be recruited after you complete the 5 quest/task they give (npc in Voldeberg tavern).
  20. How to compete against draharan shadow assassins, and household troops in general ?

You can also have your cavalry set with your front line to stop enemy horse charges, if your infantry line isn't strong enough.

For your hired mercs, spear and shield and sword. They will use the spear and shield to stop cavalry, and switch to sword against foot/dismounted units.

For your kingdom, join war on your neighbors when others are attacking. That way, you can kill them off faster and easier. If your army is not strong enough, you can just join the fights to get free wins and easy money.

Kill the smaller kingdoms first to get lords to become lordless.
Back
Top Bottom