Search results for query: *

1. Xaerdys

Why do some people want Bannerlord with Crusader Kings 3 Features/Diplomacy?

I'd say the opinion of the majority of the steam reviews is about as relevant as the majority of the users of this forum. The latter of which the majority seems to wish for this features.
  2. Xaerdys

how do you balance cheating and gaming experience?

I did cheat in warband by exploiting the char import feature and sometimes to teleport.

I did not do one or the other in bannerlord so far. I play on, I believe very easy, but combat or campaigne ai normal or something. Well I just leave the options as they are. The game is not so easy it gets boring, I do not look for a challenge at the moment, because I want to test the game as best as possible.

spam broken archers to defeat easily the AI (it is like using cheats currently), and you will be gaining a lot of renown and money without any problem.

If archers are really broken, that's called an exploit. You can also smith like hell for an easy income. Should make the game easier. Try to find cheap hardwood, create charcoal, hunt looters smelt, everything especially those thing sgiving three hardwood. Learn to create 3 charcoal from 2 hardwood. Repeat all but the last step.
    Forge something insanely above your skills, sell product for insane amount of money. Buy materials, or weapons to smelt. Repeat.
  3. Xaerdys

Companions winning tournaments

Well, the item reward would be gameplay wise a little strange, because you as the leader have the authority about the distribution of items. If they had personal equipment, the issue would be different.

However, you should get at least renown, because they are part of the clan.

[...] Having a gladiator companion that went around and did tournaments and send you back money when they win would be awesome.

Agreed.
  4. Xaerdys

Resolved 1.5.3 Crafted items ending up in shops and tournament prizes

That is indeed true. But afaik, most people use crafting to complete quests or to make money on the side.

To me, selling these things right now can be using exploits. Thats why I smelt all y bumbletumbles (I call all of my bad smithed things bumbletumble)
  5. Xaerdys

How is this a bug though ? Isn't it supposed to work like that ?
    Well, I'd argue it could work like that if you sold the items. But it's strange if you smelted them.
  6. Xaerdys

Resolved Dead Family and Companions

The same ****...nobles and companions started to die in battles with patch 1.5.5. like ordinary soldiers!
    Of course, I understand that realism and all that ... but if we have realism - and companions die like ordinary soldiers - then the training of companions and their equipment must be done the same as for ordinary soldiers.
    In order to equip a companion in the armor of the level of a high-ranking unit, you need to spend a lot of time to find this armor and so much money that more than 1000 human units in this armor could be hired with this money!

And suggesting that we start a new campaign with each patch is not very correct, given that the passage of one campaign can take hundreds of hours of real time.
    What is the fun of playing if you constantly have to start over and can never finish?

They asked you to start a new campaign to check, whether disabling the feature works in your game if you disable it at the beginning. You know, likely to narrow in the possible reasons for this bug ...
  7. Xaerdys

Also exists in the 1.5.6. Beta. New game started in 1.5.6., had my Bumbletumbles appear in shops and subsequently in an arena.
  8. Xaerdys

What is the next major content after Rebellions?

Edit: Did i just read in another thread that the Khuzait are also immune to Rebellion?!! Thats mindblowing that the faction that already over dominates is also made immune to the one new feature aimed to curb that. If true thats utter dereliction of duty

Myzea just rebelled against Monchug. No Immunity.

What needs to be checked is, if the Khuzait are as vulnerable to rebellions as the other factions, or if there advantages apply to this feature aswell. For instance, if the no horse cheat and the speed bonus make their armies overall stronger, they are likely to have more troops. More troops mean, they are also likely to have stronger garrisons. Having stronger garrisons means:
    a - they can hold a fief longer to complete buildings
    b - security does not decrease that much or is even increasing

Both are able to strenghen loyalty, which would mean, the Khuzait might suffer less from rebellions than other factions.
    Also, since ending a rebellion is done by retaking the fief, a faction which has an advantage in that regard will also have an advantage against rebellions.

I miss warband adventuring and individuality... [...]
    There was a period in M&B where we could go around without some feeling of urgency.

Agreed. I miss the ability to "slow start" the game. Especially, right now, the cap on the main quest does not really make sense. Ignoring the quest on the other hand feels like missing out on some immersion. But the snowballing also limits the ability do act slow.

@Question of the OP: The Education system would be interesting. I'd like to have a fully fledged dynasty system.
  9. Xaerdys

Resolved [1.5.6] Bandit Bosses are not auto-assigned correctly

I'm guessing this is an oversight. Now you can hire tier 5 bandits, but: Bandit Bosses seem to belong to the same Formation as the highest bandit of the respective category. So far I have tested: Mountain Bandit Boss, Desert Bandit Boss both of which where allocated to "Formation III"...
  10. Xaerdys

Of course, as I always say; opinions are like asses, everyone has one. :lol:

What I really meant was to take the basic idea (mechanics conceptually speaking) and create an improved version 2.0 if you don't have some better idea to replace it. You give the example of the feasts, ok... but an idea of feast as a council or a "logical" meeting where you have access to NPCs and with it to actions of diplomatic scope, I firmly believe that this stuff have a place in Bannerlord.

Agreed. Again.

For example, naval action. If I had a magic wand I would take the basic idea of combat navigation/sailing that we find in VC and transform it into a 2.0 for Bannerlord. From that basic idea I would get fluvial displacement mechanic, which could expand the economic system and also extend the strategic possibilities for military movements (naval blockades, sieges from the coast, incursions to ports). Do you understand what I mean?

Hm, how were the naval battles in VC? I played Naval battles in, I think, the asoif mod and they were painfully slow, you more often then not would simply fall the ship some random time and sometimes even through the ship. If anything like that, the lack of said magic wand, might pose a serious problem here.

But I get the gist of your opinion and I don't think we're far apart.

Well I don't know about what was discussed here before. I finally picked the game up just 2 weeks ago. I've played M&B for 7 years now and these were my thoughts after 2 weeks of gameplay. I actually like small scale combat despite sinking hundreds of hours in Warband multiplayer and the campaign gameplay feels right to me. But the biggest improvement I was expecting to see was in large scale army battles and it has disappointed me so far. Currently I feel like Warband with PBOD did big battles better than what we have in Bannerlord.
    I'm not complaining about how there're new features added in. I'm complaining that they're missing the point. In my first playthrough I wasn't content with battles and now the first update I see is about some random new feature(don't get me wrong rebellions are a good idea) despite Bannerlord not having some of the Warband features yet. In my opinion their priorities should've gone like this: Combat-->A campaign that catches up to Warband-->New features

Well, I'd be content with them first improving gameplay features, though there might be different teams working on different aspects of the game, so the order you proposed might not be always visible anyway. But many people here seem to think otherwise,
  11. Xaerdys

They should've focused on polishing battles first but they seem to be preparing for a console release at the time. I think this way because instead of improving existing mechanics they're focusing on piling up new fancy stuff so the game can be released to console as a complete game. In my opinion they should set up a solid foundation first since the modding community will build on it like they did with Warband. For example, rebellions could be a feature that modders could add in but instead development effort goes down to prepare the game for a complete build ASAP.

Hu? I've been here since october. People complained at least since then, and likely have before, on and on about how the game lacked features and every update led to a pile of bull****ting about what was not implemented yet, how the game lacked depth and how the devs were lazy or something. Now that there are new features, you are taking as a bad thing? Creating a complete build as fast as possible is exactly what some people are continiusly demanding.
    If I was a developer for this game, I'd skip the forum. You just can't do it right.

That's exactly what is going on here, that's why this game is remarkably shallow. The devs know it too. The only people who think this game has content are newbies (who know very little about modding and scripting) and TW devotees.

Didn't you say, this update would should you up for a bit? :wink:

References about sending patrols and directives, keep battle, prison break, etc. I consider them basic content because they are inherited from previous deliveries and therefore they are supposed to be part of the "base game".

Usually I tend to agree with you, Terco but I can't with this statement in its generality. There is no reason, why every feature of a predecessor has to be in the sequel (prequel), thus it can also not be considered "base game". For instance, I couldn't care less for feasts. I did not like them very much in warband and I can hardly see myself enjoy these gatherings in bannerlord, unless I am currently searching for a specific lord. Keep battles were fun but hardly essential.

The main problem ist not somehow missing features from warband, but the gaps they filled in warband.

For example feasts apperently served as something some players enjoyed in peace time, they also provided ways to improve relations. Is there need for this? I am not sure. Well, I can't remember having nothing to do in peace time in warband or bannerlord, but improving relations is important, especially within the dynasty system. So we do not necessarily need feasts, we need ways to improve relations with multiple lords.

Another example is prison breaks. I liked to do these when running freely, but as a vassal or leader, they become strategically important. Because they are a way to get the prisoner, an asset of your faction, back without either paying, thus helping, the enemy or taking the fief (which is the much harder, sometimes impossible way). So that is what we need, a middle way to get prisoners out.
  12. Xaerdys

Marrying Sister and Brothers or Childern off to other

Does it work with any character the player could marry? I tried marrying my brother of to Ragea, she answers with yes we are considering offers and something about not rushing. She does not offer the option to marry her daughter.
    (My Char is female and married.)
  13. Xaerdys

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.6

I agree that having an ever-growing pool of immortal aristocrats would be non-fun. On the other hand, having my newly recruited siege experts, surgeons, and other totally inexperienced newbie companions repeatedly getting killed on their first battle is also non-fun (and pretty unrealistic--people like that would have been kept away from the the front lines in any historical situation). It was especially annoying since it was impossible, in game terms until yesterday. I started my campaign with "hero death" checked off, and lost three companions (with all their gear) before figuring out what was up.

[...]

In the long term, having some way of culling an infinitely growing pool of nobles might be needed. In the short-term, having no better and less distracting way of keeping vital support NPCs alive than fiddling around with micro-managing their non-participation in a battle seems less than optimal.

Personally I'd enjoy having the option to disable death by combat for everyone and to limit the amount of children one can have. Dying of old age does not bother me that much..
  14. Xaerdys

The disappearance of kinetic energy of the horses

You are right, but you still misunderstood what I meant. I didn't want to subvert the rules of the game, but simply want to "remove the unreasonable action about spears and horses", nothing more. By the way, someone on Nexusmod has already made such a mod. I think it's great, and it clearly stipulates that the fast horse can break through the infantry, and the slow one will still be stopped by the spear. This is what I meant,not that complicated.

You're basically not asking for a more believable representation of physics, but for a feature of spears removed. People told you already, that this will not happen at the moment because spears at the moment are balancing cav.

Spear bracing will help (as the use of the pike did in RL). But a physically sound behaviour of horses is unlikely. Because even if a horse would charge through spears, it's no like it would do that and then just turn around to charge again. Also you would be unlikely to carry the spearman with it, but much more likely the spear. This would act as some form of obstacle, and also hurt your horse whenever it is touching something. Thats the problem with arguing with physics, you need to draw a line somewhere and defend its place.

This feature of polearms annoys me aswell, not so much in the field battle, but in horse and lance tournament rounds because at the moment, the person unhorsed is often in the better position.
    But then again, it's not that much an issue for me. Other things imho should take priority right now. As this thread proves, this issues is not as much a no-brainer as it apparently seems to you.

So, for the time being, you should use the mod you mentioned.

One Question:

maybe just like GTAV

Are you talking about a GTA V or a different game?
    Are there a thousand horses battling in GTA V? I mean, Hairy Yahoo said this:

[...]
    To implement such thing, horse should have ragdoll and act like a dynamic projectile after getting killed. This will require massive computing power, each cav charge will be cluster**** framedrop fest, consider dirt,dust,grass particle effects. [...]
    so M&B franchise which has 1000 agents in battlefield is not likely to deliver such system.
    I mean, just think about 200 vs. 200 cav all acting independently.

Does GTA V do something comparable?
  15. Xaerdys

[Poll-Debate] Blood needs to be spilled in the Arena?

Agreed, though I'd like to have a tournament where you fight just as you are or with special tournament weapons / armors, you yourself have to aquire. A second tournament type maybe.

Also, as I've stated elsewhere, the battle screams are weird, considering you are not actually trying to kill someone.
  16. Xaerdys

I just got pregnant. What happens now?

Nothing happens, just keep playing as you always do.
    Your child will be born whether you're at war or sitting in a lord's room.
    He/she will be safe somewhere in your realm, whether you have your own kingdom or are part of a major kingdom.
    My character has had several children and I was always at war or trading, never staying put.

Nothing to add. I have three, growing up somewhere.

@Cruore: It's astonishing, you were the fifth to answer, you answered seven ours after the questions was posted. And yet you were the first to actually answer it -.-
  17. Xaerdys

SP - General Small Suggestion

Ok so I've dumped about 500 hours into the game needless to say that I really enjoy it. But, one thing that really grinds my gears close to nerd rageing is the obnoxiously teeny tiny amount of time it takes for nobles to A.) Escape from custody and B.) the same small amount of time it takes them to be back on my doorstep with a new flaming pile of dog turds ready for me to imprison them again. I mean COME ON at least give my wounded troops enough time to heal or OH how about this one put them in the one room in our whole fiefdom with a lock? Or how about making non mentally challenged guards researchable possibly? I don't care about the method just results so a wooden plank door jam would be fine. It's insulting to have Caladog in my dungeon 5 times in a week game time, and I really feel that execution should come with no penalty at that point where most of the nobility in the world would say "he got caught 5 times in a week?! Ya guy totally asked for that beheading."

Anyways that will be all thank you.....
    Forget beheading. Why is he still king? "Our new king was weak, he did not fight the empire. Our new king is much stronger, he spents five nights a week in enemy prison." If anything, they should behead him :grin:
  18. Xaerdys

SP - General More Factions

Disagreement from me, aslong as we are talking about vanilla Bannerlord.

The game is hard enough to balance right now, then there is the discussion of historical accuracy that pops up every time. In that regard there is a risk, that every form of implementation either falls into the trap of having rather pop culture like factions or that the game will be criticized by people because the faction does not meet their pop culture influenced exspectations.
    Especially "Far east".

Also, as much as I like them, we do not need a far east faction in every game that somehow deals with medieval things.

Lastly, every faction added now, would be one absent in Warband - meaning they likely loose for some reason at some point in the 200 years. In contrast to the actual factions, there would be no trace of them.

So I think, this is a task for modding.
  19. Xaerdys

New radial command menu 1.5.5 beta

I don't mind it as I knew it was going to just be there for testing purposes, but clearly most people don't realize this.

I think what could have made this process a whole lot easier for us and you guys at TW was some more communication about it beforehand. Maybe in the future when you implement features that you plan to have options on but need to test a specific option you guys should make a thread about it to relay that information. Then players know upfront that if they are playing the beta they are going to be asked to test a specific feature (lets be honest tho, anyone playing on beta should already expect this).

It sucks to see most feedback is "give us the option to use the bar" when you guys already plan to do that, but didn't make it obvious enough to everyone (only people closely following seem to know).

I plan to provide feedback on it once I get some more time with it, although I don't use a gamepad.

Well said!
  20. Xaerdys

Game Difficulty Settings Poll - Can realistic be fun?

I'll out myself. As of now, I prefer very easy. Because it is the standard setting and I think it retains a challenge for now.

As of now, I go into the game with the mind set on testing the game. As long as I am not bored, I'll leave setting the way the game recommend to me. Godking or not.
Back
Top Bottom