Search results for query: *

1. five bucks

Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

When are we going to see fixes for the biggest issues that are preventing gameplay from being fun? Stuff like:

* Voting being useless because nobles vote almost unanimously, making the whole politics and influence system nearly irrelevant (except for exploits)
    * Relation with lords, one of the core systems of the game, doesn't do anything useful
    * Having to slog your way through boring, easy battles/sieges to win a campaign, adding another 20 hours of not fun to your playthrough, because nobles/garrisons never surrender even when outnumbered 5000 to 1, and autocalc battles punish you by killing off troops at random
    * Tactics being extremely simplistic and boring because ranged troops are very OP, because armour gives terrible protection against arrows, so the best tactic every single time is to have a ****ty distraction for your ranged troops to mow down

These 4 biggest issues turn a potentially challenging, thought-provoking, fun game... into a boring grindfest that feels like a painful chore to complete.

Are Taleworlds totally tonedeaf to these issues? How can they play their own game, look at these core systems not working, and say "yep that looks right"... For 2+ years?

As it stands, enthusiasm for Bannerlord has largely died off because Taleworlds forgot to make the game not a frustrating experience to play.
  2. five bucks

Roadmap? Features in the future? Anything?

Hey, do you have any specific features in mind?

Fixing, balancing, and completing non functional/partially functional/severely imbalanced features such as
    * Voting
    * Surrendering
    * Minor factions
    * Policies
    * Lord relations
    * Personality Traits
    * Armour + weapon balance
    * Morale

Missing Warband/Devblog features or some kind of equivalent that fulfills their gameplay role:
    Claimants and civil wars (announced, but no ETA)
    * Replay system (announced, but no ETA)
    * Nobles visiting your court, or something else like a messenger system that makes it easy to contact people when running a kingdom
    * Minor faction bases, as seen in the 2016 demo
    * Manhunters
    * Feasts in peacetime!
    * Duels against nobles, surprise combat scenarios in towns (eg: bandit ambushes or belligerent drunks)
    * paying to gain levels in a skill more quickly (skill trainers or skill books)
    * Fighting your way out after failing to sneak into a town
  3. five bucks

Is there any kind of an estimate for console/ps5 launch of the 1.2.0 patch? Solely waiting on the aging disable before investing loads of time back into the game. It's the only thing stopping me, a buzzkill really. I just want some kind of rough eta, or a "we're almost ready, etc."
    Getting ETAs out of Taleworlds is like getting blood out of a stone. Good luck, and for future reference I would strongly recommend PC as the best way to play games.
  4. five bucks

Dear developers the engine looks outdated.

The engine is fine. It's a battle simulator that can host thousands of troops with individual AIs, it's not meant to have the graphical fidelity of games where there's only a few enemies at a time. Honestly this game can look really good sometimes.

And don't forget that development started in ~2013, so of course the engine is not going to be the newest on the block.

Where Bannerlord needs work is in its gameplay balance and design, not its graphics.
  5. five bucks

Patch Notes v1.2.3 ...?

What balance changes or fixes would you guys like to see in the next patch?
  6. five bucks

For a game with a price of only ¥178 , BL 2 is worth more. But what we are not satisfied with is that the content of the game is not rich en

The problem is not that Bannerlord doesn't have value for money. It does. It's crammed with stuff.

The problem is that the many features don't work properly due to balance/big/design issues, so the game isn't fun.

It's like buying a gourmet hamburger with Wagyu beef packed full of ingredients, but the meat patty is still raw.

Armour balance, spear and glaive balance, pike bracing, voting, personality traits, lord relations, minor factions, morale, troop AI, companion leveling... All these features and more are present, but still "uncooked".
  7. five bucks

A mechanic where I can join the minor factions!

A mechanic where mercenary minor factions can sell warriors from their roster.
    That would be fantastic. Also, mercenary minor factions which are described as elite warriors, like the Skolderbroda and Ghulam and Legion and Company of the Boar, should really have T5 troops.

It's ridiculous that they're described as these super highly trained rich badasses who love combat and fighting is their whole life, but they don't even go up to T5 let alone T6.
    A mechanic where outlaw minor factions can buy my outlaw prisioners.
    A mechanic where outlaw minor factions can trade various black market products.
    Something that makes Hidden Hand, Lake Rats, Wolfskins, Eleftheroi, Jawwal, Brotherhood, Karakhergit etc., feel like the criminals that they are supposed to be would be great.
    They need bases
    Agreed. Minor faction bases were actually shown on the world map in the 2016 demo yet for some reason are not in the final game.

They would be perfect as a location for minor factions to stock up on their own troops, considering that most of the time minor factions have hardly any of their unique troops and just use normal troops.

It would also be good to have these bases as a location to hire minor factions as mercenaries without having to chase them down, or to directly recruit their troops, or perhaps to complete issue quests for them to raise relations.
  8. five bucks

Development Update #12: Weather System, Formation Targeting and Warehouses

um yeah except with the new maps my game is crashing when it wasn't before. Its apparent to me that there are a lot of dev apologists, defenders etc who are either blind, deaf or stupid... possibly all 3.
    I am certainly not a dev apologist, I've been criticising TW's failures for 2 years. What I am doing is pointing out facts: that these features are not expanding the scope of the game unnecessarily, but instead fixing existing features so that they work properly. It is not smart to criticise them for that.
  9. five bucks

Development Update #12: Weather System, Formation Targeting and Warehouses

You know, maybe instead of adding new crap you fix the garbage that is the base game first. Disgusting.
    Rain was something that was already in the game, they just fixed it. Warehouses is something that was already in Warband and helps make the broken economic system a bit better. The additions were good.
  10. five bucks

@Duh_TaleWorlds I think it should be in your current priorities. Right now during this stage of the game v1.2.0 and 1.2.1 no matter which faction you join, it all boils down to recruit soldiers and fight, fight, fight. Dont get me wrong the battle are good, animations are amazing, balance could maybe kinda do some tweaking, but everything other than wars and battles is falling really flat. Like the best part of the game is waging wars and battles, and even that can become repetitive.
    The main reason battles become repetitive is because you never really need to use tactics other than "spam ranged units with a token force of trash distraction infantry and watch them mow everything down". That tactic beats everything.

This is why armour needs to be fixed to give actual protection against arrows! Morale should probably do something too, right now it's a pretty pointless mechanic.
    All NPCs are the same doesnt matter that their looks are different and have "different culture" and "personality"(which does nothing), they are all the same, bland and shallow.
    Also yes, Personality Traits should actually do something.
  11. five bucks

NPC Relation Score What Does it Affect?

Clan relation can get cheaper marriages or defections, other than that it's useless. They say if notables like you they will offer higher troops execpt they do that anyway, I routinely recruit tier 3 and 4 without worry about relationship at all
    And having max relation only makes the detection 5% cheaper, so yeah it's pretty useless in every regard, despite being a key game mechanic.
  12. five bucks

SP - General Changes required to create Good Tactics™

TW's recent addition of formation targeting means we can now hone in on specific formations which is good for intelligent tactics.
  13. five bucks

Whats the lodgic in this?
    Any mods?
  14. five bucks

It seems like the "promises" perk also applies for bandit prisoners in your party. With enough bandit prisoners, no need for food....
    Calradia has discovered Soylent Green

15. five bucks

Bannerlord is almost ready for DLCs

A DLC that adds: every feature present in Warband.
    +1
    the vanilla game? there's not much else worth adding from it - and dont say feasts, they were fun exactly one time and that's it.
    most people are fond of the mods for warband
    Feasts made it much less annoying to find people which is a huge chore in Bannerlord. They also gave you something to do during peacetime and provided a way of gaining relation (which functioned like Influence in Warband also) during peacetime.

Other things than feasts which were good:

* Having a minister in your capital city who could send messages
    * Landless lords visiting your court
    * Manhunters that kept bandit levels sensible
    * Buying books to raise skills faster
    * Surprise attacks in town by bandits, belligerent drunks and assassins
    * Insulting a noble to challenge them to a duel
    * Being able to fight your way out after failing a sneak attempt, rather than RNG just throwing you in jail instantly
  16. five bucks

1.2 = No Wars = Boring

@RozBritanicus your experience you mentioned in the other thread seems to contradict OP's

My take is sometimes peacetime is too long, but usually it's too rare and too short.

It would be great if war/peace pacing was better, and voting worked better so the player could more often be at war/peace when they want to
  17. five bucks

How realistic is Talesworld adding boats to bannerlord?

I don’t mean naval battles even tho I think that would be absolutely amazing , I mean cargo boats and caravan boats . I feel like this would make the game soo lively…I didn’t add naval warfare cause that would be a lot of work. Devs would have to make new scenes for the battles.

Cargo boats would have a specific route to and back from cities and will also be attached to a lord or player ,Cargo boats will be limited to lords of a specific faction and not obtainable by mercenaries. cargo boats will only be able to travel to city docks, The boats will also be upgradable with the upgrades being load capacity , speed , troop/crew and material upgrades. Cargo boats can also be directly attached to workshops and wharehouse, Mercenary clans can also be paid to protect boats.

Caravan/ merchant boats will travel the sea trading with no specific route just like normal horse caravans but will be able to trade with villages that are close to bodies of water , Caravan upgrades will include being load capacity , speed , troop/crew . Caravan boats will always be attached to notable characters so u will not go to war for raiding which could be an option later on if u guys add sea raider boats .
    I have seen a video interview of Armagan - which I haven't been able to find again - of him saying they would be interested in doing ships and naval travel in a DLC. So it's quite possible it will happen, especially considering how important ships are in this setting that includes two large seas.
    I never cared for boat battles in VC.

Having actual boats though would be good, but I doubt it would be part of an update.
    I would just skip the whole manoeuvring/steering part of VC ship battles, and just have the battle scene start with both ships pulled up to each other ready to fight. Also make the ships larger for more fighting area, and add Greek Fire siphons and throwable firepots. That could be fun.
  18. five bucks

patchnotes-v1.2.1.png

Beta v1.2.1 (06/07/23)​

Please note: Minor updates made to the Beta version of the game will from now on also increment minor versions. If you opted into Beta v1.2.0, you will automatically download the new Beta v1.2.1. This means that you will only be able to access the latest Beta version and cannot revert to an earlier version of an active beta. This was effectively already the case before this point. The versioning will simply serve to communicate a change more clearly.

Singleplayer​

Crashes
    • Fixed a crash that occurred when entering Custom Battle.
    • Fixed a crash that occurred while loading a save if the player was involved in an encounter that had ended.
    • Fixed a crash that occurred during a conversation with a shop worker.
    • Fixed a crash that occurred when joining an army after a conversation about joining the kingdom.
    • Fixed a crash that occurred when clicking on an ownerless party in the settlement menu.
    • Fixed a crash that occurred during the launch on Windows 7.
    • Fixed a crash that occurred when the Support Kingdom or Create Kingdom quests timed out.

Fixes
    • Fixed a bug that caused the party roles to be removed when moving companions on the party screen.
    • Fixed a bug that prevented the "forcing villagers or notables to give the player goods or troops" actions from starting a fight.
    • Fixed a bug that caused the formations to widen and get placed incorrectly when the player was assigned as their captain.
    • Fixed a bug that caused besiegers to be displayed as defenders on the settlement tooltip.
    • Fixed a bug that prevented all weapon racks from being highlighted in the training field.
    • Fixed a bug that caused settlement militia parties to stand around settlements instead of residing in them.
    Cool, faster turnaround than I was expecting for a holiday period
  19. five bucks

As king and leader of you clan, when cities/castles are conquested, you should always be in the voting together with the other nobles who choose to keep the cities/castle for themselves, for that you are the king.
    I have in my game all Calradia conquered and only 4 cities in my possession.
    Yes, that makes sense. Give the player agency.
Back
Top Bottom