Search results for query: *

1. Amerlain

Some questions about the Diplomacy Mod

I can attest that the Diplomacy mod is absolutely beautiful and necessary.
    It allows both Non-aggression (peace) treaties and alliances, you can use the Mod Config Menu to configure how many days those treaties last, I left non-aggr. to the default 100 days (which in vanilla terms amounts to about 1,3 year? in my modded game, with Pacemaker, I changed years to last only 4 weeks (1/season), so 28 days/year, which amounts to ~5year peace treaties (still 100 days). But alliances I've made to last something between 350 and 500, which amounts to ~10years or more in-game, which really changes the game a bit. Diplomacy feels better.
    Edit: it even allows you to change how war exhaustion works (as well as adding nice graphics for each war you're currently going through), so you can configure war exaustion to accumulate more quickly or slowly, so wars last shorter or longer, respectively, according to your taste (as in each casualty/loss/conquest adds #% to war exhaustion, the bigger the number, the sorter the war.

Thank you for the information. It does sound nice and being able to set the time limits for each type of treaty sounds especially useful and pleasant. I am taking a little break from playing the game right now but when I get back to Bannerlord again I think I will try the mod out.

I've also just added the Kingdom Politics Expanded from the workshop, and it seems to make internal politics better (those votings and decisions), I've also added Banner Kings, which is a completely different beast of its own, I haven't really played with these 3 politics-changing mods together yet, but the game didn't crash on start, so that's an absolute win in my modderbook.

These also sound like they would be interesting and fun for me. Not sure I will try these right away, but eventually I might get around to them. Thanks again.
  2. Amerlain

If the fighting in Calradia goes on too long...

I never said that my idea is something that I myself would want. I actually prefer things to be more peaceful, or at least defensive and slower paced. There are other things in the game I prefer to do if peace allows it. However, I recognize that many people in the community have other wishes for the game and I thought that maybe some kind of potential for a bigger invasion from outside would give them more of what they want. BUT I should stress that the invasion of some kind of hypothetical ruler, be it a Padishah or someone else, would be far from a certain event, at least as far as my original idea would allow. It would only have a chance to happen if the conditions would be met, possibly if Calradia was still divided by a certain year. Even then it could only be a chance for it to happen. There could be plenty to do to prevent even that chance from being rolled, though it would require game mechanics that don't currently exist, like alliances or, for those that like the sort of thing, total conquest of Calradia. Probably something for modders.

So far from the few responses that have been posted so far I see that maybe I overestimated the possible interest in such an idea, but it will be interesting to see what other thoughts about this there might be if more people chime in.
  3. Amerlain

Some questions about the Diplomacy Mod

While I do love the vanilla game and am reluctant to mod it, I do find the diplomacy in the base game to be too binary (too much war or too little peace). Also, I am a big believer in defensive war as a last resort and everlasting peace without conquest. So, in other words defensive alliances...
  4. Amerlain

If the fighting in Calradia goes on too long...

If the fighting between factions lasts too long or past a certain year, there could be a chance that The Padishah's armies would show up in the east and start trying to conquer Calradia. It could be an event that would give factions a chance to ally together to face the menace, or possibly fall...
  5. Amerlain

SP - General Making the Digital Companion accessible in earlier versions

I think if a person already has the Digital Companion in their library and it has been downloaded, it should be possible for them to access it even if they are currently running an earlier version of the main game (or at least every version of the post release, 1.0.0 and 1.0.1). I think how...
  6. Amerlain

What's your favorite item post release?

It seems you nearly all use weapons that I just haven't gotten around to trying yet, lol. My character is usually armed with a one-handed sword (Themaskene Steel Spathion) to go along with the shield I mentioned earlier, and for extra fun I have a two-handed sword (Justicier) slung on the back...the two-hander gets used during large field battles when I want to go after enemy lords and cut them down off their horses.

The sledgehammer intrigues me as a choice. A repurposed tool and readily available early. Seems like it would be satisfying to use...nothing like a big hammer to deal out punishment to troublemakers. Again, never used one (but inspired to try it out), but I do sometimes use a mace (currently, Imperial LIght Mace) of some type when I'm going to be chasing Looters that are running away so that I have a higher chance of taking them alive as prisoners if I can hit them.

Haven't been using any spears or polearms, except in tournaments. Like the idea of maybe using something like the menavlion from horseback as a lance when charging, if that would work well. Did during beta some time back, had fun with watching riders I would hit in it go flying way up in the air after riding headlong into them with a long spear (but maybe they changed it so it is less spectacular-looking now).

Javelins, too, I have only used in tournaments. Some future character may use them more.

While I haven't really gotten into axes recently, I do have a Black Heart in my stash that I won in a tournament awhile back...maybe my character's successor (if I get that far) will use that. As I am not playing as a Sturgian and most likely will not be changing sides, I doubt I will get anything better this game unless I happen to find something nicer for sale in some corner that hasn't been checked yet.

Gear...my current character is with an Imperial faction, so most of the things they wear and use otherwise are Imperial. Have some Legionnaire armor that I bought. Many other items are looted or won and used because they are solid armor, so there are some pieces that don't match the overall look. For civilian clothes they wear a toga and carry a nice spatha. And I have a mount that I'm pretty happy with, a Wadar Hotblood...prized for it's speed, gets me around battlefields pretty quickly when I need to be quick about things.
  7. Amerlain

Digital Companion Release

Have been checking it out...it has some very nice content. I enjoy the map in particular. Thanks for the cool DLC and Merry Christmas.
  8. Amerlain

New Bannerlord DLC " Digital Companion "

Do you have to have 1.0.2 as the current version, or does it work with older (for example, 1.0.1)?
    Update: Confirmed it only seems to work with 1.0.2 so far, which makes sense. Alright, going to check it out now :smile:
  9. Amerlain

What's your favorite item post release?

I've been curious lately what items in the game other people really enjoy having in the post release era. Do you really like a certain sword or armor? Is there a luxury item you really like buying up and trading? I suppose this technically could cover a type of mount as well, or even...
  10. Amerlain

Bannerlord 1.0.0 - How do the workshops work now?

I've had some success by taking over workshops and just keeping the existing production line. Doing it this way worked out for me seven times out of eight (seven of the workshops are consistently profitable barring interruptions caused by war, consistent meaning they are profitable most of the time, the one that wasn't was profitable less than half the time so I sold it and bought a different one in the same town). If people are curious, I could post what workshops I have and in what towns so you can try to reproduce it. One disclaimer though: total profits per day from the seven workshops combined comes out to about 1000 denars, so it isn't a knock-out result. Caravans still seem the better investment even considering their greater potential to be destroyed.
  11. Amerlain

RNG stuff that should be made more interactive.

Kind of a small thing, but it would be nice if you could choose the color of the main character's horse. Not sure what the current factors are that determine it ...is it the breed or is it random?
  12. Amerlain

Lucon's Longevity

It's completely random? Cool...that is more interesting, means that every play through is even more unique.
  13. Amerlain

Lucon's Longevity

So, it was about 12 years into my current post release game when Lucon died of old age. I remember that in the older versions when birth and death were first available as an option, Lucon would often die pretty quickly into the game when the option was selected. I guess I'm writing this to say...
  14. Amerlain

Please give Varcheg a little more love

I've been over to Varcheg quite a bit lately. I think it's a nice town to walk around in between other action in the game, very beautiful to look at. However, I've noticed that the Encyclopedia entry for the town does not have a description for it like other towns. Will we have a description...
  15. Amerlain

Advice please, I took Tyal as an independent...

You should also be able to get Reknown by forming additional parties using additional family members (if any yet) or using Companions. They will then go around and automatically engage Looters and other bandits. It won't generate a lot, but it will add up over time and will help passively increase your clan level. Another option would be to raise your Trade level and get the perk that allows Caravans or Workshops to generate reknown if they are profitable.

Regarding Workshops, since full release I've had some success by checking a town over time to see if it has at least some of the raw materials available for an existing shop to use, then buying the Workshop and maintaining the existing production instead of changing it to another product. In my playthrough I currently have 6 profitable Workshops. I've only had it happen once so far that a shop was consistently not profitable, so I sold it and bought a different shop in the same town. It's a little bit of a gamble, and wars with villager raids and sieges of the towns can still interfere with production to cause a typically profitable Workshop to not be, but I've found that usually it is a good way to make some passive income. Caravans, though, are the best for me, though it does help to choose a Companion to lead the Caravan that has at least some Trade experience or some skill points in Trade so they can level it quickly.
  16. Amerlain

Official Release

I, too, am happy with how far optimization has come. When I started playing a couple years ago, my computer would get a little hot during battles. However, with full release it now stays cool as a cucumber even on larger, longer-running battles.

In general, I'm happy also with how the overall game has turned out, though am looking forward to the additional upcoming features discussed in the full release announcement, for example being able to retire your clan leader and continue on with a younger successor early instead of waiting for old age to claim the current leader.

As far as bugs, there were only two that I noticed these past few weeks that I've been playing the full release version. One was fixed, and that was new wanderers not spawning (I had one die in a battle and I noticed not long after that their entry in the encyclopedia disappeared not long after and that a Bitterdraught had spawned in new afterwards). The other bug is a small one: character portraits having red eyes. I know someone said that they found a fix by changing their graphics settings...maybe someone will share the fix. I know many would be really thankful if they did.
  17. Amerlain

On Rebellions

Just to add my two cents, I have to say that the new rebellions feature is a very welcome addition to the game. As far as mechanics being discussed, I also think that there should be a very small chance that a rebel clan kingdom decides to remain independent, though I wont say too much about this as it has already been discussed and it looks like developers are in favor of it.

Regarding ideas for quests that allow a player to participate in or even lead a rebellion as an alternative way to start their own kingdom, I think there should be different versions of the quest offered by the different classes of notables available in the town (Artisans, Merchants, Gang Leaders). So, a player could get a Help/Lead Rebellion quest from an Artisan notable, and if they do it it would have a somewhat different outcome as far as how the new kingdom would be structured, maybe different kingdom policies and short term rewards than if they got the equivalent quest from a Merchant or Gang Leader.
  18. Amerlain

Do people prefer Bannerlord over Warband?

I have never played Warband, only Bannerlord. From what I know about the two, I believe I will only continue to play Bannerlord, though will consider other titles that come out in the future. I agree regarding the idea of Bannerlord having a lot of potential, and in my opinion more potential and more to offer down the road than any other current game that they've made.
  19. Amerlain

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.6

A very meaty patch...thank you TW for your hard work. Regarding patch content, I'm sure I haven't been alone in thinking about rebellions. One thing I wonder about regarding their mechanics is: Will fiefs that rebel sucessfully always try to join another faction, or is there a small chance they will just decide to remain independent?
  20. Amerlain

On rebellions by mexxico, translated into English

Know it's possible to play 1.5.6 in the beta branch now and find out, though I figured I'd still ask here first since I usually wait for things to enter stable first: Will factions that survive the 30-day window ever remain as an independent kingdom after that point, or do they always try to join a larger, existing faction? The way it sounds is that they always join another faction, though I figured I would seek clarification from anyone that may have heard more.
Back
Top Bottom