Search results for query: *

1. Satur9

Betting on Arena matches without being a participant

You don't need any combat skills (as in stats on the character) at all to win the tournament. All melee weapons work perfectly with zero skill.
    Yeah, I get you. I've definitely cleaned house with a new character that has no skills just to get some valuable weapon/armor and a bit of scratch. This isn't a matter of "git gud" though, it's about immersion. A trader or intellectual character might not be willing to set foot in the arena, even if the player controlling them has the skill to win against all odds. Currently that player is left with the option to either go against the character's nature and get blood all over their fine silk overcoat, or avoid that portion of the game entirely. It would be nice to have a middle ground, even if in most cases you only have a 50/50 chance of making profit.

+1 on the higher betting odds for peasants vs low odds for a fully decked out Khan's guard.
  2. Satur9

Thanks for taking the time to consider my request. Others can feel free to weigh in, but I think betting on combatants you think will will and letting the dynamic combat determine the outcome is much more fun and organic. Even a Lord in resplendent armor can be bested in a 2v2 match if their companion takes a crossbow bolt to the head too early in the match.

I've never much cared if the arena was lucrative, just that it's a fun part of the game. I think it would be fun and interesting if you had a spectator player character in the stands, cheering and throwing rotten produce or coins into the ring to effect the outcome. I'm wary of feature creep though. I feel like just observing like you currently do in the arena once you're knocked out, but with the added UI element of betting on NPCs instead of yourself is a nice bite-sized addition that would bring some value for players of the single player campaign who elect to let others fight for them.
  3. Satur9

I agree, a complete arena overhaul would add a lot to the immersion for cities in single player. I feel like that is not where Taleworlds is focusing their development efforts at the moment, and I respect that.

My proposed change to allow spectator betting would require little to no UI changes, and I feel could be implimented relatively easily. I just want the low hanging fruit for now.
  4. Satur9

I've been playing around as a pure trader with no combat abilities and I have to say I miss the arena. Having to completely ignore that portion of the game because I'm unable to participate directly as a squishy merchant is pretty immersion breaking. It would be excellent if players could "join"...
  5. Satur9

Starvation: An Exploration

Another trick I really enjoyed was baiting two armies to fight, if the friendly army wins go talk to all their leaders after the battle and "buy" their prisoner lords for 1 Denar.

My head cannon is that the friendly lords know I'm going to just chop their heads off, and while their morals wouldn't normally allow murder, they're more than willing to "sell" prisoners to a murderer in a legitimate transaction. Like when you "sell" a relative a used vehicle for $1.
  6. Satur9

ahhhh, man. I was looking for a retreat exploit. Thanks :iamamoron:

EDIT: Hmm f7 is "Transfer" for me. No retreat option.
  7. Satur9

Agreed on the assassination. That would definitely solve my little conundrum. I realize I'm out in the boonies as far as game mechanics go, but that's where I have the most fun so I'm going to keep making characters that break things. The devs definitely shouldn't waste time on this specifically, but there does need to be a bit of a starvation re-balance. Unless they come out and say they want starvation to be this way so it doesn't get exploited and they don't particularly care if it's accurate.
  8. Satur9

I'm currently just finishing a "kill every named NPC" run as Nosferatu Zodd. There are 4 separate women in their 20s who will not leave cities under any circumstances, and they're keeping all the children in their family from being "lost". I was considering going all Pennywise and resting for 20...
Back
Top Bottom