Search results for query: *

1. LDominating

Please remove Khuzait and Vlandia

You've spent 2,600 hours in the game, and still haven't thought of obvious solutions like:

(1) Sabotaging those countries from the within
    (2) Act as mercs frequently switching kingdoms to help with suppressing a kingdom that becomes too strong
    (3) Act as mercs to help out kingdoms dying out, and help them rebuild lost ground
    (4) Starting out with eliminating those factions before anyone else

... etc etc?

Frankly speaking, what you're saying here sounds like someone who played the game for less than 260 hours, much less 2,600.
    Please see yourself out
    You sound like "JuSt UsE ChEaTs BRUVVV"
    Now!Get out and think what you did!

Also my point still stands,your arguments are unfortunately bad and not based on experience.
    When I said REMOVE,I mean it!
    Replace them with desert,barren not living anything there.
    IDC what it takes,they are not good or healthy for this game,I KNOW it,you should know it and developers should be working on gradually fading them out!
  2. LDominating

Need More Info Armies refusing to defend

Yes lets not provide them files, so they can find it faster.. or in some cases they dont have it on their end and thus cant replicate it..

I also can witness that this behaviour happends always, not alot, but always.
    The only time they will defend is if the defenders have overwhelming numbers, like 2-3x the amount of attackers.

From my speculation it seems that the attackers have a huge advantage in auto-calc that the AI is aware of?

Read take this example of attacker bonus - a fief is under siege, the attackers is 1k army, defenders inside castle is 100 troops + 250 milita.
    I arrive with my troops 150 units.
    Now when I charge to the aid of the besieged - the attackers win overwhelming.
    However when I breach through the attackers and loose 10-30% of my troops, and now defend from the inside, I win an overwhelming victory against the attackers.

I feel there is "something" to this that is the cause of the issue.
    That attackers just have too good a bonus, so the defenders need to have either overwhelming numbers to defend.

I've seen them instead of defending besiege the fief next to another.

I dont have a file atm that I can upload, but I'll keep it in mind if you dont see this behaviour ingame.

This also applies to armies of other kingdomes that the player is not part of.
    Send him a save file,I don't have any right now.
    It's best seen when you're in an army,they're switching targets and sometimes choose to patrol a stupid area
  3. LDominating

Please remove Khuzait and Vlandia

As a 2600 hours in the game,please consider TRULY to remove Khuzait and Vlandia from the game. This isn't a joke post. 9/10 of my saves are basically ruined because these 2 factions auto-resolve their way to a point where it's pointless to even continue a save after 10 years in game,simply...
  4. LDominating

Could you send us a save file where that issue is occuring so that we can debug it on point?
    NO I CANT
    Can you provide actual support for once?
    And take my 2000hs of game in consideration and the other witness THAT THIS HAPPENS!

Cause my mods dont cause anything your games already didn't ruin
  5. LDominating

Summary: Lots of armies for some reason decide to NOT defend a settlement when they have the power to do so and instead they patrol a random area. How to Reproduce: Have you used cheats and if so which: Scene Name (if related): Media (Screenshots & Video): Computer Specs: OS: GPU: GPU Driver...
  6. LDominating

Recruits and Looters

Can we please give Recruits back real weapons? And not farming tools? It's just really bad at early game to lose when outnumbering to looters because they have double skill weapons and actual weapons. Just DO IT!
  7. LDominating

Why are Cataphracts and Knights

The "difference" you think is completely arbitrary without reason. Heavy horse archers and heavy lancers are the equivalent to the elite of the Mongol forces which would constitute around 20~30% of an expeditionary army at any given time, and there's nothing saying that they were poorly armored.

If you're thinking vaguely "oh horse archers were generally poorly armored" -- try compare it with the T2-T3 horse archers, instead of comparing with a T5-T6.

According to whom?

The East ALWAYS used way more heavy cavalry in ANY given moment of history. From the first moment large-scale clashes would happen between the Roman Republic with the Parthians and their cataphracts, to the bit*ch-slapping the Imperial Romans received from Sassanid cataphracts, all the way to Medieval armies of the Arabian Caliphates and Seljuk Turks, and latter-day Ottomans.

What, you think only the West were relying on elite cavalry forces?

Demonstrably false.

You mean like at Horns of Hattin?
    How about the Fall of Acre?
    The disasters of 5th and 7th Crusades?
    How about Ager Sanguinis?
    Forbie?

What? The Crusaders didn't have any knights in the above instances?

Or how about we extend the period to the latter times, instead of just remaining at the earlier exploits of heroic Crusaders, and say, to a time when the times of Mamluk Sultans and Ottoman Sultans would start to appear? They don't count?

See, you think it was a "one-sided massacre" because this narrative you're familiar with is one of a giant confirmation bias which simply leaves out major humiliating defeats of Crusaders, and remembers only the handful few humiliating situations for the regional Muslim factions. So you remember just Dorylaeum and Jaffa, or the heroic exploits of just a few hundred capable knights routing thousands of soldiers of the armies of the amirs, and yet, just simply leave out all the MAJORITY of instances where similarly-sized armies of similar composition of HEAVY cavalry fought, with some victories going to the Crusaders, others going to the Muslim factions.

If this isn't about comparative historical accuracy, your entire argument has no basis at all, and falls apart.

Who says a totally fictional army of horse archers or lancers, have to be necessarily less-armored (which, they ALREADY ARE. Have you seen the leg armor on the Khan's Guard?) than knights?
    Opinion rejected,you're way too biased towards your Khuzaits and Aserai
    Next thing you're going to say "Yea the Turks and Arabs had better infantry" than the Byzantine or Slavic nation of the Medieval Era?
    Because LET ME hit you with the same BS you hit me,why are Veteran Infantry and Darkhans EVEN remotely as armored as the Sturgian Infantry,actually even better equipped?

Huh?
    Yea take your Khuzaits and Aserai ass out of here and lose a few Body Armour,fanboy!
    This was a serious discussion,you just used "Muh ancestors were MUCH BETTEH",especially considering that DATA and FACTS prove that Knights and Cataphracts aren't as good as Faris and Khan's Guards IN MELEE!
    And last time I check when Barbarossa was on his way,the entirety of the Arabic alliance of Saladin were considering switching sides.
    Surely it was because of the poorly equipped Knights and Infantry.

You gave a few examples of IRL battles of a few Man At Arms beign poorly used OR even worse example,giving an example on how exactly how you'd fight Knights,hit and run tactics beign used against Knights or Man At Arms to great effect.
    I mean I could also turn the page and just give a few battles of Richard Lionheart and my point would still hold!
  8. LDominating

In Progress Sieging army surrenders after first wave

Sure thing, just let me know and I can get those to y’all. Also correction the version is 1.2.9
    Dude...
    No...don't do this!
    This surrender after heavy casualties needs to stay,TRUST ME on this one!
    These "developers" will break it,make it worse.

I thought it's supposed like this because for 1 entire year winning a siege battle left you with 0 loot and only renown/morale and no prisoners.
    As of right now,it's so much better with the army that can escape and lords that didn't get knocked retreat back while the defeated get taken as prisoners.
    If all Lords have been taken prisoners the remaining soldiers that retreated dissapear as there are no parties or armies to go back to!
  9. LDominating

El. Catph: Body 64
    Druz.Chmp: Body 57
    Bann.Kni: Body 54
    Van.Far: Body 67
    H.Lanc.: Body 51
    Kh.Gua: Body 52
    H.HA: Body 48

The Khuzait cavalry in-game are universally lesser armored than Vlandian, Sturgian and Imperial cavalry.

And I dunno why you're assuming Faris should be lighter armored than other cavalry, because historically the ancient Middle Eastern factions were using heavily armored cavalry long before the Romans adopted the practice for themselves, as well as Medieval Middle Eastern cavalry were every-bit as well armored as Western cavalry. As a matter of fact, both the pre-Turk Caliphate cavalry, AND the later Seljuk Turk cavalry were formidably armored.

The complete overtaking of Western armor quality over Middle Eastern, happens when the transitional period ends and full-body plate protection begin to arrive -- and that's after the Medieval era has ended, in the 15th~16th centuries.
    The difference between Horse Archers and freaking Knight/Druzhinik and Cataphracts is way too low,don't you see?
    More to the point,they are Horse Archers and not Lancers!

And altough they had used armored cavalry before Europe,they weren't using them as much or on the same par.
    The entirety of Western and South Western Asia were using light cavalry mostly with a few elite heavy armored lancers users.

And don't compare the European Cataphracts/Knights with Middle Easterners or Steppe Lancers.
    We all know how Saladin won these battles,and it's not by direct confrontation because everytime a Middle Easterner met an European or Byzantine Cavalry in Heavy vs Heavy it was a one way massacre in favour of the Europeans.

BUT!
    This isn't about historical accuracy,but balance of troops and how they feel in game.
    And IT FEELS AWFUL!
    Knights and Druzhinik ESPECIALLY feel so light compared to Khan;s and Vanguards,EVEN in sieges!
  10. LDominating

Post your most kills by yourself in a single battle - mine is 174 kills

wait, what do you mean?
    so you are the defender in a Seige, shotting ballista to attacker ?

I guess my war strategy is too aggressive and always attack, never defense a town/castle.
    my engineer leveling up is sooooo slow
    Mine was defense,aswell!
    But with Thamaskene 2H Hander waiting by the ladder
  11. LDominating

Why are Cataphracts,Druzhinik and Knight LESS armored than Faris,Heavy Lancers,Khan's Guards and Heavy Horse Archers. Is there any particular reason why K Heavy Horse Archers,Khan's Guards,Darkhans and Heavy Lancers alongside Veteran Infantry and Faris have MORE Body Armour and in some cases...
  12. LDominating

TaleWorlds did balance and it was awful!

Yeah, they can make it simple and give non-hero units +1 HP per 10 athletics or something to make them better. Khan's guard problem is that cutting polearms in general are super OP, we've asked for a damage reduction for years now.
    And an attack speed ASWELL!
    ****'s has range and swings like a 2h sword?!
    NAAAAH
  13. LDominating

Yeah, Sturgian Heavy Axeman is somehow worse against shield infantry than his spear counterpart. TW should really give them back their shoulder armor and increase the axeman's 1H & athletics skills by 10 or 20. I have no idea how the legionary dominated them so hard though.

Oathsworn are also crap and needs to be buffed to at least be somewhat competitive at tier 5 (I'm not counting the wildlings since Strat held fire with them deliberately for the purposes of the test).

Imperial Sergeant Crossbowmen are somehow so overtuned that they're one of the best infantry units. Take the mace off their loadout maybe?
    Why are Khan's still allowed to be that powerful off their horses?!
    I feel like Athletics aswell as Riding should be a tad important.

Long ago,low skill in Riding impeded your ability to fight,I feel like this should be a thing for Athletics aswell.
    Where you suffer from attack speed and handling of weapons.

Also the H Axemen used to have 160 in 1H making them extremly powerful,but somehow they switched with the Aserai V. Infantry which got the 160 from 130..
  14. LDominating

WTF have you done to Sturgia?! What the hell is that?!
  15. LDominating

Pillas,Triangular Throwing Spear and Jagged Throwing Spear

I've looked throgh the code to fix them before, and afaik it's to do with the code dictating the specific armour pieces these weapons are made out of. This tricks the troops holding them into thinking that the weapon isn't throwable, even though it is. This is the relevant piece of code for the Pilum:

Code:
    <CraftedItem
            id="imperial_throwing_spear_1_t4"
            name="{=rkqaCud5}Pilum"
            crafting_template="TwoHandedPolearm"
            culture="Culture.empire"
            modifier_group="polearm">
            <Pieces>
                <Piece
                    id="spear_blade_38"
                    Type="Blade"
                    scale_factor="90" />
                <Piece
                    id="default_polearm_guard"
                    Type="Guard"
                    scale_factor="100" />
                <Piece
                    id="spear_handle_14"
                    Type="Handle"
                    scale_factor="90" />
                <Piece
                    id="default_polearm_pommel"
                    Type="Pommel"
                    scale_factor="100" />
            </Pieces>
        </CraftedItem>

Afaik, ALL melee weapons in Bannerlord are created out of individual parts, using the smithing system. Specifically, I believe the problem is in the weapon part spear_blade_38. Relevant code:

Code:
    <CraftingPiece
            id="spear_blade_38"
            name="{=nr3K4od2}Pilum Head"
            tier="4"
            piece_type="Blade"
            mesh="spear_blade_38"
            length="23.7"
            weight="0.0744"
            excluded_item_usage_features="swing">
            <BladeData
                stack_amount="2"
                physics_material="wood_weapon"
                body_name="bo_spear_b"
                holster_mesh="throwing_spear_quiver_3_2"
                holster_body_name="bo_throwing_spear_quiver_3_2"
                holster_mesh_length="96.8">
                <Thrust
                    damage_type="Pierce"
                    damage_factor="2.5" />
            </BladeData>
            <Flags>
                <Flag
                    name="BonusAgainstShield" />
                <Flag
                    name="NotStackable"
                    type="ItemFlags" />
            </Flags>
            <Materials>
                <Material
                    id="Iron3"
                    count="1" />
            </Materials>
        </CraftingPiece>

And here's the code for spear_blade_35, which is used for the Jagged Throwing Spear:

Code:
    <CraftingPiece
            id="spear_blade_35"
            name="{=ZUp9mm79}Jagged Spear Head"
            tier="3"
            piece_type="Blade"
            mesh="spear_blade_35"
            length="41"
            weight="0.3056"
            excluded_item_usage_features="swing">
            <BladeData
                stack_amount="4"
                physics_material="wood_weapon"
                body_name="bo_spear_b"
                holster_mesh="throwing_spear_quiver_5_1"
                holster_body_name="bo_throwing_spear_quiver_5_1"
                holster_mesh_length="96.7">
                <Thrust
                    damage_type="Pierce"
                    damage_factor="2.0" />
            </BladeData>
            <Materials>
                <Material
                    id="Iron3"
                    count="3" />
            </Materials>

I believe the problem lies in the Flag <name="NotStackable">. The Pilum has this flag and does not work, the JTS doesn't have it and works properly. Removing this flag from the Pilum Head and the Triangular Throwing Spear head seems to fix the bug. You can do that yourself, by going into crafting_piexes.xml.
    Bless you,mon ami!
    Why don't the Developers do this aswell?
  16. LDominating

Pillas,Triangular Throwing Spear and Jagged Throwing Spear

Why are these weapons the same yet only 1 of them works? Menavlions,Legionaries,Imp Veteran Infantry,Desert Bandit Boss and Darkhans all have a spear that can be switch to throwing. Yet THEY never throw it,they used to in the earlier stages of the game,I 'member! But they don't do anymore. But...
  17. LDominating

The only 2 playable factions

I dont think you understand that we who wanted the endless raids by the landless to stop - didnt want this implemenation that they gave us.
    We wanted them to be vassals of other kingdomes when it broke up, like some of the mods do instead.

And no its not a fact thats your opinion, your subjective experience.

I think part of the problem with the recruitment you talk about is that some of the factions is "just too poor" (Sturgia and Battania, less so with Khuzait and or their t2 is mounted anyways more or less).

So the AI emphasis on volume of troops of they have less than 40% of ther max allowed troops(below 40% they cant be called into armies).
    Thus they recruit 100 t1 troops instead of 35 t4 troops..

The end/late game of this is really not that great unless you use mods, that let you tweak all kinds of things.
    The setting you talk about "kingdome destruction" can be flipped in the mod diplomacy, so it wont be destroyed when their last fief is done, but instead when the final war is over - meaning if they declare war on others or are declared war upon, they will keep on raiding until the dawn of a new era..

Given that most of the things you want more or less is done by modders already I would say its not "hard" but it may not be how TW wants the game to be.
    You're absolutely right,I didn't think of how the people that wanted endless raids to stop would have thought it'd be implemented.

I know MODS can fix...this mess,but everytime I install a mod I can have this game freaking implode with crashes because of the spaghettio code.
    Still,I'm willing to give a shot,can you recommend some mods that aleviate Rebellions,Snowballing and increases comeback for losing factions?
    I tried the Diplomacy mode once,but it's 1 mil numbers that leave kingdoms poor AF
  18. LDominating

The only 2 playable factions

The only playable factions right now are Sturgia and Aserai. You simply can't play any other culture because of bad the snowball and comeback of factions are. In my current Vlandia playthrough the next factions are near dead (less than 5 fiefs) Sturgia,N and S Empire and soon Aserai. A.I is...
  19. LDominating

Possible Sturgian Background Buff?

Give Khuzait back their + mounted map speed! 🐎
    You misspeled "Delete Khuzait"
Back
Top Bottom